Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So other inkwitch was Liz Truss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I mean, I'm not going to complain about finally moving towards establishing some concrete goals, stakes, antagonists, etc., but it's really funny to me how our nominal villains are constantly doing nefarious deeds somewhere else and also in the past.

Also, that their first appearance in the story was in-person and in the present, when they abruptly and inexplicably showed up, shoved Snout, and erased his journal. Due to the way Mookie goes about improvising, he introduced them, and now years later has to figure out how to make them credible as villains.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

There are 6 or 7 people in the world.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
My first thought when I was scrolling down and saw that lower left panel was "Why does Snout have his dick out?"

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I'm not immediately sure that Snout has ever actually written about those two in his journal, so it's super funny that Jacob drew them instead of using their names. I'm also not entirely sure that Kaianda has ever been present and sane during the times they've been mentioned.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Hostile V posted:

mean people evil, film at 11, back to sandra with current events.
Oh poo poo now the characters are using cut and paste too.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

I will explain this as only a centuries-old necromancer could: I will use the universal language of scrapbooking.

*gets out scissors and some really cute washi tape*

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pretty fitting that this comic is now only bearable because Jacob's in it. Still best character 200 years later.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

SubG posted:

I will explain this as only a centuries-old necromancer could: I will use the universal language of scrapbooking.

*gets out scissors and some really cute washi tape*

Beware, the spookiest tape!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Emrikol posted:

I'm not immediately sure that Snout has ever actually written about those two in his journal, so it's super funny that Jacob drew them instead of using their names. I'm also not entirely sure that Kaianda has ever been present and sane during the times they've been mentioned.

Mookie knows that Snout knows those two characters, so Jacob knows it too. And since Mookie knows Snout doesn't actually know their names and would only recognize them by appearance, Jacob knows that as well.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Wasn't Kikero killed by a necromatic vine thingy? I guess if Jacob knows ink magic then Other Ink Witch knows necromancy.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Trapezium Dave posted:

Wasn't Kikero killed by a necromatic vine thingy?
Herennius and Popilius, on the orders of Mark Antony, for the crime of using too many words.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

We assumed that she was killed by them but from the sounds of it the vines and/or the cabin necromancer just used her already dead body. That original assumption was just a very straightforward conclusion from what the story presented us: dead body, necromantic poo poo, latter did the former. Adding the villain duo in the mix feels convoluted, like an attempt to, having decided to up the pace of the story, tie loose plot threads together, consistency be damned.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How does he know what Mookie named his corpsemomwife?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mookie trying to raise the threat level by saying Redactrix and OrcRacist McGee were the ones who killed Kikero completely falls flat because Ink Witch and Arudak already easily beat them up and escaped their clutches before.

Codependent Poster posted:

How does he know what Mookie named his corpsemomwife?

Presumably, she told Jacob her name during the unspecified amount of time between Snout abandoning Corpsemomwife to the scary necromancer guy and them seeking him out like pet owners trying to find where their stupid mutt has run off to this time.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Kikero's name gets read by my eyes as a variant of "kek" every time. I hate it.

Also the annoying jester assassin from Skyrim. Look, I know there's other Ciceros, but shrieky murder man is more on Mookie's level.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Wasn't Kikero killed by a necromatic vine thingy? I guess if Jacob knows ink magic then Other Ink Witch knows necromancy evil ink necromancy.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

amigolupus posted:

Mookie trying to raise the threat level by saying Redactrix and OrcRacist McGee were the ones who killed Kikero completely falls flat because Ink Witch and Arudak already easily beat them up and escaped their clutches before.

Do we know how they got away? If I'm not mistaken, it was never actually revealed.

For all we know, Mhorgs and Redactor dropped them off at Arudak's house and left.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

maltesh posted:

Do we know how they got away? If I'm not mistaken, it was never actually revealed.

For all we know, Mhorgs and Redactor dropped them off at Arudak's house and left.

Nope!

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

maltesh posted:

These are the only things we know:

Mhorgs is supposed to be a super dangerous martial artist and people who encounter him tend to die... except Ink Witch and Arudak handily escaped them and came back into the story not looking the worse for wear. And Redactrix erased the ink from Snout's journal about that book he was trying to find... except Arudak had the original pages with him anyway. So in just two pages, Mookie completely neutralized whatever sense of threat those two are supposed to have.

The only thing that's never revealed is why Ink Witch and Arudak never tried going back for Snout at all. They had an entire day or two to come back for him too. :lmao:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I don't think mookie realised that by not explaining how Ink Witch and Arudak got away and with Snout getting out of it with just missing journal pages and being KO'd for a day he wrote his villains as very unthreatening. Why would we think these are the kind of people that kill and murder when it seems like none of the party members were in real danger at any point? So now that we are being told that they're murderers there's no "oh that tracks". They showed up, stole the spotlight for maybe 3 pages, and were immediately downplayed.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It also begs the question of why Snout survived given they even show surprise that he did - is this all leading up to him having been extremely strong and resilient the whole time?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Billy Gnosis posted:

Oh boy Jacob Rhees Mhorg is back

Megg, Mogg and Mookie

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
And the Magic Eraser!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Everyone, I think we’ve forgotten something important: Kaianda is Corpsemomdaughterwife, not just Corpsemomwife. It’s been a while since she got magically de-daughterfied but Mookie cannot escape this sin.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Joe Slowboat posted:

Everyone, I think we’ve forgotten something important: Kaianda is Corpsemomdaughterwife, not just Corpsemomwife. It’s been a while since she got magically de-daughterfied but Mookie cannot escape this sin.

She's my corpsesister! She's my corpsedaughter! She's my corpsesister and my corpsedaughter!"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

YF-23 posted:

We assumed that she was killed by them but from the sounds of it the vines and/or the cabin necromancer just used her already dead body. That original assumption was just a very straightforward conclusion from what the story presented us: dead body, necromantic poo poo, latter did the former. Adding the villain duo in the mix feels convoluted, like an attempt to, having decided to up the pace of the story, tie loose plot threads together, consistency be damned.

No, there's a reason why we assumed she was killed by them.

Because that's what the comic showed us happening. :nws: link due to naked woman

I guess you could say that they threw her into the vines and that would still make them responsible for her death, but it's also equally likely Mookie forgot what he already drew.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

YF-23 posted:

I don't think mookie realised that by not explaining how Ink Witch and Arudak got away and with Snout getting out of it with just missing journal pages and being KO'd for a day he wrote his villains as very unthreatening. Why would we think these are the kind of people that kill and murder when it seems like none of the party members were in real danger at any point? So now that we are being told that they're murderers there's no "oh that tracks". They showed up, stole the spotlight for maybe 3 pages, and were immediately downplayed.
It's really kinda impressive just how poorly defined Mr Mullet's and Other Ink Witch's...everything...is. What happened after their confrontation? Who knows! How did the confrontation itself play out (after Snout passes out)? Who knows! How did they happen to show up in Mongreltown to have a showdown in the first place (Snout was heading somewhere else and decided to go to Mongreltown because just happened to see a sign for it...and Ink Witch wasn't even traveling with him at the time)? Who knows!

We literally have more reasons to characterise Arudak or Main Ink Witch as bad guys than Mr Mullet and Other Ink Witch. I mean other than a random necromancer showing up for no discernible reason (the only reason anyone shows up in Legacy) and speculating that they might've done something.

But of course just like Arudak saying in one panel "I believe our path may take us back to the Wild Edge" actually meant "everyone has absolutely decided that we're dropping everything and heading to the Wild Edge immediately", I'm pretty sure "I believe [Mr Mullet and Other Ink Witch] killed Kikero" means "[Mr Mullet and Other Ink Witch] absolutely unquestionably killed Kikero, everybody knows that".

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
remember when that one guy rawdogged that woman who lived in the mud pile

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

amigolupus posted:

Presumably, she told Jacob her name during the unspecified amount of time between Snout abandoning Corpsemomwife to the scary necromancer guy and them seeking him out like pet owners trying to find where their stupid mutt has run off to this time.
I presume this is when Kaianda went through a whole bunch of vital character building reactions to who she is, who she was and what she was doing, incidentally giving her an infinitely more compelling reason to solve the central mystery of the comic than the nominated protagonist, which the reader will never see because the only allowed viewpoint character hosed off.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Twelve by Pies posted:

No, there's a reason why we assumed she was killed by them.

Because that's what the comic showed us happening. :nws: link due to naked woman

I guess you could say that they threw her into the vines and that would still make them responsible for her death, but it's also equally likely Mookie forgot what he already drew.

I mean, one could argue that this vision seen in the dream-realm is symbolic. Not that that'd be a good argument from Mookie since, well, we've seen Mookie Symbolism before and it's... far blunter than that.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

catlord posted:

I mean, one could argue that this vision seen in the dream-realm is symbolic. Not that that'd be a good argument from Mookie since, well, we've seen Mookie Symbolism before and it's... far blunter than that.
Challenges T. Symbol

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

We get it, he's a pussy.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
He will be remembered most for his kindness.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

He will be remembered most for his kindness.

so you're saying he'll be forgotten immediately

:unsmith:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Lmao, Snout is so lame and Jacob seems so cool in comparison, I think he's the only character in the ENTIRE comic who has treated Kandaia with even an ounce of respect.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Invisible Clergy posted:

She's my corpsesister! She's my corpsedaughter! She's my corpsesister and my corpsedaughter!"

Forget it Snout, it's Mongreltown.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Mordja posted:

We get it, he's a pussy.
This is just magnificently bad storytelling.

On Monday it will have been precisely 28 days, a fuckin' month, 12 fuckin' pages, since Jacob showed up.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I’m still giggling over the fact that this all revolves around a lady named Cicero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

yeah actually they will posted:

remember when that one guy rawdogged that woman who lived in the mud pile

almost a year ago now