Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you want hilarious bad check out Ghost Stories.

This is the OFFICIAL dub, there's basically no script, and the voice actors were told "do whatever you want to sell the show"

c/w: bunch of 90s era slurs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9r0MZzOIPM

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

After wasting most the day I've determined that both my GPU and my HDMI cable are shot. Which is great cause the faulty HDMI cable was loving up my testing when I put my old GPU in. So now I can play Vicky 3 on an old rear end 960 and get to spend time trying to get a refund on my "new" GPU I bought months ago that was probably used to mine bitcoin

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Skill based matchmaking sucks. Connection based is the good way to handle it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Skill based matchmaking sucks. Connection based is the good way to handle it

I'd much rather community servers but streamers are just being babies that they're getting scrubbed out by tryhards whose level they're closer to

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I will never be satisfied with online matchmaking until they can create a system where I effortlessly destroy scrubs while never having to play a game against people better than me.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

idk when i played quake and cs u just played against whoever, and that was generally people way better than you. and it ruled. how else do u improve

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
People I see who hate SBMM are usually bad at the game and don’t want to face someone better than them all the time. Mostly streamers who don’t want to look bad

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Super Bash Mothers Melee

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I think connection based works better overall while skill based sort of just inflates the chances of smurf accounts

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
SBMM gets a bad rap from medium skill players imo. Low skill casuals don't usually care or even notice, and high skill players generally like it (except for the queue times). People who play a lot but stay in the middle ranks get an inflated sense of skill tho. They understand the game, read about the meta, watch the pro tournaments, but their rank doesn't reflect what they think they should be capable of. That leads them to believe the matchmaking is conspiring to keep their win rate at 50-50 instead of just trying to create even matches.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

SBMM gets a bad rap from medium skill players imo. Low skill casuals don't usually care or even notice, and high skill players generally like it (except for the queue times). People who play a lot but stay in the middle ranks get an inflated sense of skill tho. They understand the game, read about the meta, watch the pro tournaments, but their rank doesn't reflect what they think they should be capable of. That leads them to believe the matchmaking is conspiring to keep their win rate at 50-50 instead of just trying to create even matches.

Yeah I'm prolly a medium skill and I've never tracked my win rate nor do I mind getting shown up, I just think whatever rules are enacted to try and corrall players in such a way will almost always be circumvented with ease. I'd rather devs put efforts into ensuring a smooth/seamless match via netcode.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
server browsers are the promised land

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thank god fromsoft games don’t have skill-based matchmaking co-op

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

dedicated servers are win

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

MMF Freeway posted:

That leads them to believe the matchmaking is conspiring to keep their win rate at 50-50 instead of just trying to create even matches.

this is correct

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

dedicated servers are win

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What about dedotated servers

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If you didn’t know, a recent resident evil 8 patch/dlc thing adds a third-person camera to the main game, which was originally 100% first-person. But for all of re7 and re8, capcom has consistently kept the protagonist Ethan’s face hidden away, I guess to allow the player an easier time identifying with him? If so, it never worked, but okay

And with this new third-person camera, whenever you turn the camera around towards Ethan’s face, he will look away and show you his back. It is just so amazing to me how committed they are for such a very dumb thing, it’s v funny to me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

At this point, it's got to be more a running gag than anything.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I played couple hours of Signalis last night and it starts off a bit slow but then things start to escalate and it does get quite creepy with low poly graphics.

The gameplay is basically top down Resident Evil 1 with guns, self defence items and lots of puzzles.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m going to admit something, ever since re4 I’ve had the suspicion that nearly all the really goofy stuff in RE games, including the giant mechanized tiny napoleonman statue, was originally intended to be cool or scary or affecting. I choose to believe this because imo it makes it even funnier

Mike :(

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
We need more sincere goofiness, it seems everything needs a wink and a nudge these days

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Mario + Rabbids 2 is very fun so far, a good improvement on the original's systems. Giving the Rabbids voices is not a choice I would have asked for beforehand but I'm glad they did.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hatty posted:

We need more sincere goofiness, it seems everything needs a wink and a nudge these days

This

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

i finally caught up.......

anyways james in the sh2 remake looks 35 years older

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Glovers back!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXa4jk4Qn6s

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yoooooo

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

friends, i've played many a fishing minigame, and i gotta tell ya, i think New World might just have the best one

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I might have to rethink my all anime is bad policy :thunkher:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The Vita lives on (in our hearts)

Game looks great for a PS3 title. Style and art direction go a long way.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I liked p3p a whole lot, and I want to like four and five but it's depictions of gay guys has been not too good. I really should play 4 with the Yosuke mod one day though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Now that Hashino is on the fantasy game that will never come out, I'd like to see if Persona 6 is directed by a person who believes a better world is possible.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Rinkles posted:

The Vita lives on (in our hearts)

Game looks great for a PS3 title. Style and art direction go a long way.

Is that a visual novel reader stance on the Vita man?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I liked p3p a whole lot, and I want to like four and five but it's depictions of gay guys has been not too good. I really should play 4 with the Yosuke mod one day though.

What's the yosuke mod?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You can date him

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MMF Freeway posted:

Mostly it's just that losing to red bar superstars sucks

Relax Or DIE posted:

I miss em

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why would you want to date Yosuke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Jay Rust posted:

What's the yosuke mod?

he wears the garbage can from the first scene throughout the whole game so you never forget he's a garbage person