Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

Do it. The 65t is slow, shittly armored with a rather mediocre gun. It is not worth actually grinding it.
But it is absolutely worth going through it for the M4 51.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

But it is absolutely worth going through it for the M4 51.

Ohhhhh yeah. The M4 51 and M4 54 are beastly tanks and well worth it.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Lower tiers are oddly a mess right now. Due to the diminishing player base, OP tanks and ease of getting out of lower tiers the MM tends to "do its best" when making matches.

listen, sometimes i'm in a bad mood, and I fire up the ol BT-7 art because no matter how the game goes I'm goign to have a good time. But people that have thousands of games in poo poo like the Pz II J are sick and need help

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

listen, sometimes i'm in a bad mood

How all world of tanks players fire up the game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

listen, sometimes i'm in a bad mood, and I fire up the ol BT-7 art because no matter how the game goes I'm goign to have a good time. But people that have thousands of games in poo poo like the Pz II J are sick and need help

They need to learn some day, why not today?

For me, it is the Church 3.

For some reason, people don't expect that level of dakka dakka. Their health melts so much faster than they realize.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
The Church 3 rules in a t5 game. Enough armor that half the tanks have to actually aim at weak spots and a gun that just shits out rounds

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I will never forget the day I got messaged after a game in the at-7 with someone calling me a hacker. Because literally noone experiences a stock gun at-7. I was such a person because nothing carried over from the churchgc back then.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Large Testicles posted:

The Church 3 rules in a t5 game. Enough armor that half the tanks have to actually aim at weak spots and a gun that just shits out rounds

:hfive: It is so much fun

JuffoWup posted:

I will never forget the day I got messaged after a game in the at-7 with someone calling me a hacker. Because literally noone experiences a stock gun at-7. I was such a person because nothing carried over from the churchgc back then.

I gave it a try because of how hilarious it sounded. The gun was actually shocking OKish.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

You can put a poster over a hole in the wall, but at the end of the day there is still a hole in the wall.

Yeah, Skill played it after the buff and said that the gun is now great, but the platform is poo poo. Well, he didn't say poo poo, he said "kako", but same thing.

I've also been playing my KV-2(R) a lot recently, because for some reason I keep getting that "kill 4 enemies in a match" daily a lot, and if you get a T6 match in the KV-2 that's a four shot mission. Holy poo poo this thing is a stupid amount of fun. Like Skill also said, that thing on paper has AWFUL accuracy, but it must have some kind of hidden modifier or special case because even with the most ridiculous snapshots you'll hit a lot more often than with for instance the Grille 15.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, Skill played it after the buff and said that the gun is now great, but the platform is poo poo. Well, he didn't say poo poo, he said "kako", but same thing.

I've also been playing my KV-2(R) a lot recently, because for some reason I keep getting that "kill 4 enemies in a match" daily a lot, and if you get a T6 match in the KV-2 that's a four shot mission. Holy poo poo this thing is a stupid amount of fun. Like Skill also said, that thing on paper has AWFUL accuracy, but it must have some kind of hidden modifier or special case because even with the most ridiculous snapshots you'll hit a lot more often than with for instance the Grille 15.

There is no special modifier, that is just the power of the USSR :ussr:.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

Ah! The one and done club!

My Škoda T 56 :negative:

Had a great game on Prokhorovka, was carrying the middle hard with a buddy in his E 75 TS (we were just slapping all the fuckers who even dared look our way), but ultimately the battle was lost because on the hill sat around tugging each other off instead of firing down at things going for the base (South spawn).

:psyduck:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

My Škoda T 56 :negative:

Had a great game on Prokhorovka, was carrying the middle hard with a buddy in his E 75 TS (we were just slapping all the fuckers who even dared look our way), but ultimately the battle was lost because on the hill sat around tugging each other off instead of firing down at things going for the base (South spawn).

:psyduck:

Oof. That is a tank that is so good I don't think I would ever be able to keep it in the one game club :smith:. But that did look like an awesome game!

Edit: I really hope that cat commander only communicates via meowing.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 28, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well that's pretty much a perfect coda to my AMX M4 45 career.

Not the most damage I did in the thing, but a pretty nice spread of medals and within 1 hp of getting the sixth kill.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

EZ 18k damage:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

My plan to skip the AMX 65t fell apart halfway through: I only had enough neutral blueprint parts for 50% off (impossible, WG's CMs assured us that everyone has TOO MANY universal blueprints and banned everyone who disagreed from their chat). That still leaves like 80k XP plus 15k for the turret that's in the way. I've got 47k free XP right now and I'm seriously considering just paying for the rest because jesus loving christ this thing is MISERABLE as stock, and I kinda don't have the interest to grind 57k XP (tracks + turret + engine) to find out if it becomes tolerable later.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
i'm pretty sure i have 0 universal blueprints and never have had any but i also didn't play the game for like a 3 year period when they got introduced

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I free XP'd past the AMX 65t. I came to the conclusion that I value my free time and sanity more than the 10€ it cost me to bypass this awful thing. The AMX M4 51 immediately feels a LOT better.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I free XP'd past the AMX 65t. I came to the conclusion that I value my free time and sanity more than the 10€ it cost me to bypass this awful thing. The AMX M4 51 immediately feels a LOT better.

The use the small gun on the M4 51 and have 0 regrets. It shits out damage and can take it. Enjoy the ride :unsmith:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

The use the small gun on the M4 51 and have 0 regrets. It shits out damage and can take it. Enjoy the ride :unsmith:.

That's good advice, I probably would have drifted towards the 127mm gun naturally.

E: this turret looks like I accidentally turned on Big Head Mode.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 31, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Good lord this game's community is just a loving sewer. Serene coast, T8-T9 game. I was driving towards the right side of the map in my AMX M4 51 when a Type 4 Heavy was spotted in the open. I paused to take some shots at it and I guess that didn't fit the plans of some guy, because he just went off on me. He started with racial slurs, moved on to telling me to kill myself (repeatedly and in several ways) and then kept it up in private messages after the match.

It's kinda nuts that some people are like this over very minor poo poo in a loving video game.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

:heysexy:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Good lord this game's community is just a loving sewer. Serene coast, T8-T9 game. I was driving towards the right side of the map in my AMX M4 51 when a Type 4 Heavy was spotted in the open. I paused to take some shots at it and I guess that didn't fit the plans of some guy, because he just went off on me. He started with racial slurs, moved on to telling me to kill myself (repeatedly and in several ways) and then kept it up in private messages after the match.

It's kinda nuts that some people are like this over very minor poo poo in a loving video game.

If you have the time, you can take screenshots and file a support ticket and they'll eat a chatban. You can do this for anyone who swears at all and the chatban gets longer each time.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The armour on that turret is also total loving poo poo.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I paused to take some shots at it and I guess that didn't fit the plans of some guy, because he just went off on me. He started with racial slurs, moved on to telling me to kill myself (repeatedly and in several ways) and then kept it up in private messages after the match.
Oh boy! My favourite type of fan mail! I like to respond with "k babe" followed by the kissy face, and immediately click the 'Battle!' button. This usually sends them into another angry baby rant while I just swan off into the next battle, leaving them too occupied to join the same queue and possibly poo poo up my next game. As a possible plus, hopefully they're wasting their reserves in the process.

Speaking of reserves:

:catstare:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The AMX M4 51 is kinda rad once you get the second turret.

Held off four tanks from a hull down position.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The AMX M4 51 is kinda rad once you get the second turret.

Held off four tanks from a hull down position.

It is such an amazing tank. Glad you are enjoying it!

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
My initial feelings on the Vipera were that I hated the tank, but now that I've played it more it's turned into a love/hate. I have really excellent games in it where the gun and armor work and I deal 3k damage and defend and entire flank while vastly out gunned. Then the next game everybody pens me and I die in the first 2 mins. It's really hard to get a consistent game out of it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TracerM17 posted:

My initial feelings on the Vipera were that I hated the tank, but now that I've played it more it's turned into a love/hate. I have really excellent games in it where the gun and armor work and I deal 3k damage and defend and entire flank while vastly out gunned. Then the next game everybody pens me and I die in the first 2 mins. It's really hard to get a consistent game out of it.

I feel the same way about that tank tree. They are annoying to play and annoying to play against.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I've seen the t8 tech tree Italian TD do some amazing things in randoms. It's the only one I've regretted not playing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

It is such an amazing tank. Glad you are enjoying it!

Yeah it has that same "it's a basic heavy tank, but it does basic heavy tank things REALLY WELL" feel that I loved in the E-75. It's not bullshit and OP to play against, but it is a lot of fun and straightforward. Unless something drastic happens this is definitely going to be a keeper even after the grind, just like the E-75.

I also went and rebought the Caernarvon. Maybe I'll go for the Super Conqueror again? Now how do I play this thing? I know it's a hull down monster, but I still seem to eat a ton of pens through my turret from tanks you wouldn't expect to be able to snipe my weak spots, at least not reliably.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah it has that same "it's a basic heavy tank, but it does basic heavy tank things REALLY WELL" feel that I loved in the E-75. It's not bullshit and OP to play against, but it is a lot of fun and straightforward. Unless something drastic happens this is definitely going to be a keeper even after the grind, just like the E-75.

I also went and rebought the Caernarvon. Maybe I'll go for the Super Conqueror again? Now how do I play this thing? I know it's a hull down monster, but I still seem to eat a ton of pens through my turret from tanks you wouldn't expect to be able to snipe my weak spots, at least not reliably.

The Caer has theoretical armor. The turret is sturdy and can take hits, but the chassis cannot. It shits out damaged at a shocking rate, so I generally play it hyper aggressively.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Is the T10 Yoh worth it?

Im currently at Tier 9 and while I like it. I just wish I want to play with friends who are on. :(

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Is this game fun or nah

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It can either be incredibly fun, or incredibly frustrating.

You can get stuck with 14 drooling morons for teammates and nothing you can do will pull off a win. Or you can be stuck as the last person alive and kill 5 enemies to pull off the win.

It's like putting your hand into a bag full of hard lumps and you don't know if you're going to pull out a gold nugget or some horseshit.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I know I say I have a "hyper-aggressive" play style, and I realized that is kind of a broad and vague term. I just had a pretty OK game that demonstrates what I mean:

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6382117

YouTube: https://youtu.be/zWyzY1Dl8Ps

Edit:

Katamari Democracy posted:

Is the T10 Yoh worth it?

Im currently at Tier 9 and while I like it. I just wish I want to play with friends who are on. :(

It can poo poo out damage with its little pew-pew gun. But the chassis has no armor and the turret got a big tumor on it. So it's a give and take...

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Google Butt posted:

Is this game fun or nah

This game is an acquired taste. The vets in this thread will jokingly tell you to stay away and they are not wrong. But for those who stick around and play. We just have to agree lol.

Dazzo
Jun 22, 2006

I got a code for content from verizon fios for this game that I don't play. Someone should use it though: VCVG-PKKDM-GUW9Z

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Anyone know a good 5 crew tank line to go down? I want to put my Halloween witches and cat somewhere.

Also everyone singing the praises of the AMX M4 line make me think I should reconsider going down the French autoloader heavy line.

Also also if anyone has tips for stock Standard B that would be appreciated, barely won a single game in that thing.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Dazzo posted:

I got a code for content from verizon fios for this game that I don't play. Someone should use it though: VCVG-PKKDM-GUW9Z

It appears they've extended this promo until 12/31/23: https://www.verizon.com/gaming/world-of-tanks/

You can get one code per service, provided you have Verizon Wireless *and* Verizon FiOS.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Maybe I'll go for the Super Conqueror again?

If you like the M4 51, you'll definitely like the Conqueror and by association, the Super Conqueror. "Plonk yourself in a hulldown position and melt fools with a 120mm gun" is the general idea. Just keep the hull away from anything harsher than direct sunlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

Also also if anyone has tips for stock Standard B that would be appreciated, barely won a single game in that thing.

i highly recommend you make it not stock

seriously the tank just kinda sucks until it's fully unlocked. kinda slow without top engine, bad burst without top gun, and i dont know this to be true but the gun *feels* better with the top turret. just grit your teeth and use the on track bonus missions and the 5x missions from the amazon prime bundle and get it over with