Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I am bemused that fox hunting is so much a thing among the British posh that there's a whole rear end movement to sabotage it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
where you from pal?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I am bemused that fox hunting is so much a thing among the British posh that there's a whole rear end movement to sabotage it.

It's only a thing for aristocracy & ain't nobody like them

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i almost guarantee you someone will come out in this thread and say they've been fox hunting in the past but...

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Fudge guy Camrath almost certainly knows someone who has been fox hunting if he's not been himself

Finnish guy who posts here about living in the middle of the woods has probably hunted foxes that have tried stealing his chickens, but that's not fox hunting.

If twisto was allowed he'd tell us all about the foxes of the Isle of Dogs

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I've had a go at a fox that was after my chickens, but I was only wearing my boxers and unlaced DMs so I feel it would have been a pretty fair fight (it ran away at the exact same moment I realised I'd gone after it empty-handed with no plan).

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

darkwasthenight posted:

I've had a go at a fox that was after my chickens, but I was only wearing my boxers and unlaced DMs so I feel it would have been a pretty fair fight (it ran away at the exact same moment I realised I'd gone after it empty-handed with no plan).

have you considered a cricket bat? kimono optional

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I was prepared to leave this world the way I entered it: mad, screaming, and nude.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

darkwasthenight posted:

Should have called Larry. Or Jolyon Maugham.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Any foxes come near me I swear I'll do time.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Proving without a doubt that Party Boys was no one-hit wonder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7Bj1dBMYBE

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I saw a fox in the woods once, cute wee bugger. Might just let it eat me if it came to it tbh.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I was walking to work one afternoon and a fox just came trotting along in the opposite direction, just off the path. He glanced at me as we passed each other and just carried on - I went back to the corner and he was just jogging along the middle of the pavement. On his lunch break I suppose. He didn't look unwell or anything.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Well, at time of writing, we're ~25 mins into the Musk Era.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63402338

Act accordingly.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

forkboy84 posted:

Finnish guy who posts here about living in the middle of the woods has probably hunted foxes that have tried stealing his chickens, but that's not fox hunting.

I never have actually. I do know fox hunting is a thing here, but it's like individual hunter + possibly a dog go into the woods and stalk hunt. Felt like the most pointless type of hunt to me since they don't get any meat they eat out of it. Though sometimes they go after diseased ones to prevent them from spreading it to other animals which makes more sense.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

crosspostin from the funny pictures thread

https://twitter.com/jon_NoCode/status/1585559874678792192

there are a bunch more if you click through

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

His Divine Shadow posted:

I never have actually. I do know fox hunting is a thing here, but it's like individual hunter + possibly a dog go into the woods and stalk hunt. Felt like the most pointless type of hunt to me since they don't get any meat they eat out of it. Though sometimes they go after diseased ones to prevent them from spreading it to other animals which makes more sense.

And the raccoon dogs are a lot worse for everything where foxes are a problem. Foxes? If you've got things protected from raccoon dogs, you can deal with foxes.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

darkwasthenight posted:

Woah, this is like that moment in Fight Club when you find out that the narrator was Tyler Durden all along.

I hope you are the uninhibited and free version of me, I’d hate to think that my boring life was someone else’s anarchist fantasy

The Liquor Snurf
Jul 22, 2021

I am the Liquor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyNmWtpwvCs

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

there are a bunch more if you click through

https://twitter.com/jon_NoCode/status/1585600288253218818

The anti-Semitic goblin Gandalf that lives rent-free in the heads of so many journalists :allears:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My mum's side of the family were all into fox hunting before it was banned. Not posh just English farmers (grandparents moved west a decade before mum was born) and therefore a bit weird.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

One of our smartest Members of Parliament

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/RhonddaBryant/status/1585707873912643584

e: https://twitter.com/Depheruk/status/1585729756816777216

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 28, 2022

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rappaport posted:

https://twitter.com/jon_NoCode/status/1585600288253218818

The anti-Semitic goblin Gandalf that lives rent-free in the heads of so many journalists :allears:

These minis look great. But they also all look like Imperial Guard special characters who you'd look at and then decide that for the same points you could just buy two additional tanks and decide "no thanks."

Ork-is Johnson on the other hands looks like he'd be worth fielding.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Amazingly quick turn around, from Triumphant rise to "How she went out in 44 days".

Not just talking about Truss but the book about her.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Blue-inside-story-explosive/dp/0008605785

Apparently has transcripts of her conversations with Kwarteng when she sacked him, etcetera.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The UK version of the US heart warming orphan escapes the orphan killing machine news.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/status/1585888037095067649

:toot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress I've been throwing all my cups away why didn't I think of that :doh:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I just noticed British Gas randomly put £55 in my bank account on Monday, is that how the £400 rebate is being rolled out?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

peanut- posted:

I just noticed British Gas randomly put £55 in my bank account on Monday, is that how the £400 rebate is being rolled out?

Mine's being credited to my account with Shell over 6 months (so 66 or 67 quid a month). The only stuff that's gone direct to my bank account are the cost of living payments from the DWP

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Just move the earth closer to the sun and be done with it. The guardian thinks Elon Musk is more important than blowing past 1.5C.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Only Kindness posted:

Well, at time of writing, we're ~25 mins into the Musk Era.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63402338

Act accordingly.
This news is concerning me more than anything over here. Trump and his cronies are going to be unbanned in the name of 'free speech', and given a platform to install full facism in the next presidential election. Leftists and union organisers will be deemed 'dangerous' and what little voice we have online will be further silenced. Then of course the platform heavily used by western news & government organisations will be under the full control of a man willing to make deals with Russia & China.

Dark times are coming.

peanut- posted:

Yeah you get £400 split evenly over 6 months. If your account is in credit they have to refund the difference in the rebate automatically. Surprised that the government didn't let energy companies just hold onto the cash like normal.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

gently caress I've been throwing all my cups away why didn't I think of that :doh:
She should have patented the idea before telling the whole world.

Coffey Cups.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

xtothez posted:

This news is concerning me more than anything over here. Trump and his cronies are going to be unbanned in the name of 'free speech', and given a platform to install full facism in the next presidential election.

The only people who give a gently caress about twitter are blue checkmarks and the terminally online. Trump pinging off fash vignettes from the toilet to 40 million bots, 10 million devotees and 10 million bemused onlookers isn't going to make any meaningful difference to an election or what he would be able to do if he won.

e: honestly, Elon spanking 44billion dollars on a completely failing business right when the tide broke on the decade of free money and massively inflated stock prices for companies that promise "the future" is funny enough to redeem the whole situation. He's going to lose like half of the value or more the moment the sale goes through.

jiggerypokery fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Oct 28, 2022

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

domhal posted:

Just move the earth closer to the sun and be done with it. The guardian thinks Elon Musk is more important than blowing past 1.5C.

Blowing past 1.5c was their main headline most of the day yesterday.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

xtothez posted:

This news is concerning me more than anything over here. Trump and his cronies are going to be unbanned in the name of 'free speech', and given a platform to install full facism in the next presidential election. Leftists and union organisers will be deemed 'dangerous' and what little voice we have online will be further silenced. Then of course the platform heavily used by western news & government organisations will be under the full control of a man willing to make deals with Russia & China.

lol

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Octopus are offsetting £67 a month from my monthly bill so taking difference between the usual DD - £67.

If I get too much credit on the account then I ask to have some back, I don't know if they would just refund it if I waited for things to happen automatically.

SSE used to be annoying when I was with them, I'd build up the credit towards winter & they would refund it all in December just before the two expensive months hit! Daft.

Just had the most tortuous half hour on the phone with our flats business bank account - they're querying Companies House list of shareholders - and I'm trying to explain to the guy that yes, 3 of the flats' owners are deceased BUT they are still the shareholders (or rather their estates are) until their flats are sold and no I can't change the names to the new owners because there aren't any new owners yet! FFS.
These anti-money laundering regs are getting so ridiculous for legitimate small businesses (was talking to a little maintenance company that was fixing stuff for us a few days ago, guy said it is becoming an utter nightmare, especially with cash transactions!). Am sure any actual money launderers are using bitcoins or have umpteen fake IDs ready to go.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Oct 28, 2022

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

forkboy84 posted:

Fudge guy Camrath almost certainly knows someone who has been fox hunting if he's not been himself

If twisto was allowed he'd tell us all about the foxes of the Isle of Dogs

Never been foxhunting myself- I’ve been anti pretty much my entire life, and also I can’t ride (horses loving /hate/ me for some reason). But yeah, I know/knew a lot of people who do, and ruined a lot of family events when I was a kid by loudly and passionately arguing with them.

I have no moral issue with hunting for food, and indeed have shot a great many pigeons, rabbits, pheasant etc in my earlier years and devoured the lot. But pursuing a creature that you’re not going to eat to a messy death in the most inefficient and cruel way imaginable is just hosed up on multiple levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Given that Musk went out of his way to Tey and weasel out of the Twitter deal before he actually suffered consequences and was made to pay money and take it over, I'd say he is going to blow past the WB/Discovery speed run on running the company into the ground.