Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1585641723203817478?s=20&t=uIbU_ERdi0Bi04b3Qgl4OQ

something something machismo

Edit: lmao

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1585728924029702144?s=20&t=uIbU_ERdi0Bi04b3Qgl4OQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I have it on good authority that projecthalaxy did bodies and spaces at the polling place, and may even have invoked tropes.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

fast cars loose anus posted:

if that's true and polls are still undercounting republican votes like they did the last few cycles in addition it would be a biblical wipeout

The TX-34 race has Mayra Flores, who won a special election earlier this year and is the first Republican to represent the Rio Grande Valley in like 100 years. She's supposed to lose because redistricting made that seat go from Biden+4 to Biden+16, and no one's really polling it but the latest one I can find has her ~4% behind. That's the one I'm watching as a bellwether; if she wins Dems are gonna get ruined.

"Republican Donald Trump carried 12% of Blacks and 32% of Hispanics in the 2020 presidential election, according to network exit polls"

vs.

"Now 40% of Hispanics and 21% of Blacks are backing the Republican candidate"

is catastrophic if anywhere near true.

(also lol that the congressional hispanic caucus wouldn't let flores join when she asked.)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

StratGoatCom posted:

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1584994948931518465

This will probably be something that destroys them in 2024, not this year, but it would appear that they're blinking and acknowledging that the situation is spinning out.

what if instead of absolutely no funding for covid (because it is over and also the dems don't care), we had no funding for covid (because oops the dems lost the senate and house and gosh darn it they won't let us do anything)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

At a recent event in Jacksonville, a few dozen of the most fervent Florida Democratic activists gathered at a union hall to hear Democratic National Committee Chair Jaime Harrison rally supporters ahead of the midterms.

The event was supposed to send a charge through the party’s grassroots but instead exposed the lack of coordination among candidates and enthusiasm gap haunting Democrats. Demings wasn’t there, nor were Democratic candidates for state attorney general or agriculture commissioner. Only Crist, the former Florida Republican governor turned Democrat, who is challenging Gov. Ron DeSantis, attended.

:sad:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Halloween Jack posted:

I have it on good authority that projecthalaxy did bodies and spaces at the polling place, and may even have invoked tropes.

I did do that. Plus I voted for an independent in a state race the dems did not bother to run anybody in, which is at least three votes for the Republicans.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I'm not gonna vote

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm not gonna vote

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not gonna vote but if someone asks i'll say i voted third party. it's the best of both worlds.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

there's a city bond measure that also raises property taxes so I'm going to vote for that

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
yeah I'm voting on some ballot initiatives but probably leaving most of the candidates blank

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

I'm voting for mushrooms and raising taxes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to commit vote and mail fraud in multiple states to help the Democrats steal the election, same as I did in 2020.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Where would you like your Soros bucks delivered

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm not gonna vote

I'm gonna vote, but my plan is to basically cast a protest vote for everything. It costs me next to nothing to take a few minutes to do that in the comfort of my own home, and probably helps piss off some pollster with the Dems seeing people care enough to show up to vote, but think their candidate is too poo poo to vote for.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i live in FL so not even wasting my time

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I voted because there’s a neat proposal to completely redo city government with ranked choice voting and multi-member districts and I like that all the power brokers and business interests are loving terrified it might pass

My hope is that it passes and we start getting some loving hilarious cranks in office

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Im actually really excited about #1 in mass because they have to give back any budget surplus as tax refunds so its just stealing money from rich people and giving it to me

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

pencilhands posted:

Im actually really excited about #1 in mass because they have to give back any budget surplus as tax refunds so its just stealing money from rich people and giving it to me

We have that in Oregon too. Everyone loves it even though it’s the dumbest policy. At least we stopped giving surpluses back to corporations a few years ago

There’s an option when you file your taxes to give your kicker to the schools but I can’t imagine anyone chooses it lol

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
Very cool how Dems shoved a giant middle finger in the face of everyone left of Reagan and burned bridges with reliable voting blocs all so Joseph Brandon could poo poo his diaps in the oval office

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

pencilhands posted:

uhhhh different states different laws etc but this is a God awful thing to happen if it's anything like TABOR (Taxpayers Bill of Rights) in Colorado, it will completely gently caress the state's ability to respond to budget crises

your surplus check will also be something like $20 lmao

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

ex post facho posted:

uhhhh different states different laws etc but this is a God awful thing to happen if it's anything like TABOR (Taxpayers Bill of Rights) in Colorado, it will completely gently caress the state's ability to respond to budget crises

We got like 700 or 800 from TABOR.

Or maybe that was the trump bucks. I don't remember.

Edit 2: it was tabor

papersack has issued a correction as of 02:59 on Oct 28, 2022

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ex post facho posted:

mine was $28

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I think the idea of the democrats being the 'big tent' multiracial party being shattered will ultimately be good the country, assuming any of us survive the present hellworld. Not being beholden to elderly conservative shitheads just because they have nowhere else to go has got to be an improvement on the current political situation.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

HallelujahLee posted:

i live in FL so not even wasting my time

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

did the dems die yet

were they destroyed

we're running out of 2022

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i voted 35 times, each time i got 500 sorosbux

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Antonymous posted:

did the dems die yet

were they destroyed

we're running out of 2022

2 weeks to dem destruction

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

ex post facho posted:

The budget surplus checks are already a law

Question 1 is a proposed new tax on millionaires

oh I just noticed the revenue is all reserved for education and roads and stuff

still good

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think the reason Dems love early voting is because it locks the votes in before the October surprise.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

pencilhands posted:

wtf in MN we had a 9 BILLION dollar surplus which would've equaled out to like $1.5k for every citizen

it started with a $1k/person proposal but now gov walz walked it back to a measly $175 and he can't even get that out the door

The Joe Man has issued a correction as of 09:26 on Oct 28, 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

I think the reason Dems love early voting is because it locks the votes in before the October surprise.

When they lose bigly even with it I think they'll be fine with it going away, especially since it's the last thing they're pretending to care about COVID about. They abandoned everything else

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

When they lose bigly even with it I think they'll be fine with it going away, especially since it's the last thing they're pretending to care about COVID about. They abandoned everything else

Remember when everyone was super gung ho about voting rights and pushing for nation wide mail in voting?

And then they made some regional celebration a national holiday instead of election day and DeJoy is still the postmaster general and also nobody gives a gently caress about voting rights

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Nix Panicus posted:

Remember when everyone was super gung ho about voting rights and pushing for nation wide mail in voting?

And then they made some regional celebration a national holiday instead of election day and DeJoy is still the postmaster general and also nobody gives a gently caress about voting rights

And the Republicans are steadily chipping away at mail-in and early voting.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I was disenfranchised by Greg Abbott in Texas because risk of dying from plague was not a valid reason for mail in voting

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

so when the GOP wins a supermajority in both houses, how soon will we see Biden and Harris impeached for treason and/or election fraud

I'm hoping for February at the earliest

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Love an ominous portent

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
A Phillies world series win and a blood moon on election day.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

StratGoatCom posted:

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1584994948931518465

This will probably be something that destroys them in 2024, not this year, but it would appear that they're blinking and acknowledging that the situation is spinning out.

Looks like somebody forgot to tell this guy that covid is over, send out Dr. Biden for all future medical statements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

well the ukraine war happened and that meant the democrats had to stop everything except sending ukraine 40 billion dollars worth of guns every couple of months