Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Huh, The Deep is in this Netflix movie called Inheritance. He's actually pretty good when he's not playing a himbo.

A himbo has to be stupid, beefy, AND kind. I'll give you 2/3 but he doesn't deserve to be called kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
He loves all the fish in the sea :colbert:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The sea desperately needs an HR department

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I finally picked this back up after season one. Having a blast, but I have to wait til tomorrow to finish season two and I'm going loving crazy trying to figure out who is exploding heads.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
You mean Popclaw right? :haw:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

But the important takeaway is, have you figured out if Stormfront is a Nazi or not yet?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Man, I regret starting that line of discourse.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

It wouldn't be a TV thread without a wild misunderstanding.

I aquit.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Show good

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Wee Bairns posted:

I aquit.

Shannon was stabbed.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Hughmoris posted:

Shannon was stabbed.

:allears:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
What is this, the local?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jesse shot past Gale.

I'm debating unsubbing from prime until something I want comes back, and I doubt we're getting any more Boys anytime soon.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

There's not enough snow on those tires.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

christmas boots posted:

What is this, the local?

can i get Lore on this please

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Dongicus posted:

can i get Lore on this please

It's a (deliberately lame) joke from 30 Rock about a crowded elevator being similar to a crowded bus (?), but goons could not derive what "the local" meant from any kind of context, and pandemonium ensued. The actual joke is that Kenneth the Page is making a dumb joke that everyone else on the elevator loves, but there were some unique ideas about the scene on the forums.

House of the Dragon had something similar a couple weeks ago, where an alternate interpretation of a scene was devised by a very small handful of posters. It wasn't entirely invalid even though it completely missed the point of what was happening on screen. The real issue is people choosing to believe the wrong thing and then being aggressively assertive in their incorrectness.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
IIRC It's a crowded elevator that stops at the next floor so he's making a joke likening to a crowded subway stopping at every station (as opposed to like an express train which would make fewer stops)

The context isn't necessarily obvious if you don't live in a place with that kind of mass transit and I think a few goons assumed it had something to do with black people. Not sure what the logic would have been though.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

christmas boots posted:

IIRC It's a crowded elevator that stops at the next floor so he's making a joke likening to a crowded subway stopping at every station (as opposed to like an express train which would make fewer stops)

The context isn't necessarily obvious if you don't live in a place with that kind of mass transit and I think a few goons assumed it had something to do with black people. Not sure what the logic would have been though.

Yeah, this was what happened. The NYC Subway has Express trains along many of the most high-traffic lines, and a Local which stops at every station. It's an insanely common and very old joke to make about an elevator, that it's "the local" because it's stopping at every floor.

Goons are bad at context and assumed the joke on this NBC sitcom was somehow that Kenneth was racist and likening the elevator to a subway car full of low-class riffraff.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Xealot posted:

Yeah, this was what happened. The NYC Subway has Express trains along many of the most high-traffic lines, and a Local which stops at every station. It's an insanely common and very old joke to make about an elevator, that it's "the local" because it's stopping at every floor.

Goons are bad at context and assumed the joke on this NBC sitcom was somehow that Kenneth was racist and likening the elevator to a subway car full of low-class riffraff.

"Every Joke I Don't Understand Is Secretly Racist and Literally Hitler"

Also I think it was another "Kenneth is immortal joke" because it was supposed to be a dated term from the 40s that only the old people on the elevator laughed at, but I might be misremembering.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Finished season two, taking a minute to absorb all the info in the ending. I assume we get more info on Ryan's whereabouts in the third season? It seems weird they set him up with butcher just to have him leave right away.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Requesting thread title The Boys Season 3: The sea desperately needs an HR department

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Wee Bairns posted:

I aquit.

Is this from when Michael quits in The Office? Why did people think he said aquit?!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Goons have a terrible history of misinterpreting or outright mishearing dialog. Myself included.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wee Bairns posted:

Goons have a terrible history of misinterpreting or outright mishearing dialog. Myself included.

I always chalk it up to goons not really paying attention to what they're watching. They're on their phones and something happens and they miss the context or something. Which I guess in the olden days before streaming if you missed something you missed something unless you recorded it or caught it in a rerun, but these days if you miss something you can just pause, skip back and see it again.

Xealot posted:

God I hated that whole thing, it was so dumb and goons just insisting "no its racist!" as if they were going to get a cookie for pointing out racism.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

On one hand I enjoy those derails but on the other people get way too hostile.

Just remembered the long Rick and Morty thread debate over whether Mr. Poopybutthole was a parasite

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's damned sure not a member of the bourgeoisie, and they know it!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FireWorksWell posted:

On one hand I enjoy those derails but on the other people get way too hostile.

Just remembered the long Rick and Morty thread debate over whether Mr. Poopybutthole was a parasite

That's terrible, it would undercut the entire ending of the episode.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

An argument that came up numerous times.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Well, I understand how that could have happened. They should have established some sort of plot mechanic by which the main characters could detect parasites and then applied it to mr poopy in a very up front and unambiguous way.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

twistedmentat posted:

God I hated that whole thing, it was so dumb and goons just insisting "no its racist!" as if they were going to get a cookie for pointing out racism.

And really just pointed out how sheltered they were, as if “the local” would only run in, like, the ghetto. As opposed to just being a structural part of NYC literally everywhere.

Several local trains service the rich as gently caress parts of Upper Manhattan on either side of Central Park, less than a mile away from the actual 30 Rock.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Do supes have a general increased strength/durability? I feel like some of these characters have their set power but also seen extra tough or strong.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea. Even on the faux v Hughie punched through a dude, and butcher helped out soldier boy.

Starlight tanked a .50 cal. They have a pretty tough power set to start with as a basic and then it gets specialized in something like running or sonic claps or something along those lines. It's kinda why Homelander is so terrifying, because most of all the other supes have a single themed thing they can do, while he's got flight, eye lasers, strength, hearing, speed, etc.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Poor Mesmer.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, seems like the mental guys get the shaft on toughness. That one from this season also didn't really show off anything different than what I'd expect from a random dude.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I have officially given up on this show. Hughie is quite possibly the most unlikable character ever created, even more so than Cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch. Also the gang gave up their best chance to stop Homelander, who is now more popular than ever. I'm basically rooting for him now because the "resistance" is chock full of assholes.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Hughie doesn't even crack the top 10 imo.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

haljordan posted:

I have officially given up on this show. Hughie is quite possibly the most unlikable character ever created, even more so than Cousin Oliver from the Brady Bunch. Also the gang gave up their best chance to stop Homelander, who is now more popular than ever. I'm basically rooting for him now because the "resistance" is chock full of assholes.

Are you in fact the majority of the United States in poster form?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Nah, that's definitely A-Train's alt

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Eric Kripke just tweeted the new trailer for the spinoff show called Gen V. Doesn't give much of an idea of the story/plot but it's got Clancy Brown, so I'm sold

https://twitter.com/genv/status/1599179334270341123

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kind of a meh trailer.