Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Brann works with plenty of stuff, and is particularly good with a few quests.

It's not just murlocs. Buffs like jug and smogger and the pirate are very good.

But the big thing with Brann is often econ: getting to use reef explorer, tavern tempest, primalfin, even the naga and pirate can come in handy.

But, yes, he interacts with things that trigger your onboard battlecries, like Snicker Snacks and Murk-eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

kater posted:

theres no early game morluc battlecries

Also, wat?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think they forgot to turn on drops for the stream

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RatHat posted:

I think they forgot to turn on drops for the stream

They are on now, I had to refresh to see it

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
The combination of Myridon and Holy Maki Roll is broken imo. Anyone else seen this?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

AnacondaHL posted:

They are on now, I had to refresh to see it

For next Tuesday's stream?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Toshimo posted:

For next Tuesday's stream?

Yes, but also for the Fall Championship happening all weekend

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

AnacondaHL posted:

Yes, but also for the Fall Championship happening all weekend

I don't even know what I'm supposed to be looking for this (small indie company, etc.).

I checked https://www.twitch.tv/drops/campaigns and don't see anything.

I checked https://www.twitch.tv/playhearthstone/schedule and the schedule is empty.

How do I find out what's going on?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
It's on YouTube.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

victorious posted:

It's on YouTube.

Thanks, I found it and linked accounts.

The schedule is still messed up though.

Going to full schedule doesn't have anything for this weekend and shows me that the Summer Tournament is live.

Can't imagine using Youtube for this.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

When Pigs Cry posted:

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23852693/patch-24-6-preview

Patch preview stream next Monday. Pack's for catching 15 minutes of it. I don't think I've looked at the new player decks since they first launched those, but that change is kind of insane

Tuesday.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Adregan posted:

Tuesday.

Or Wednesday, but definitely not Monday.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Toshimo posted:

Neither can most people who watched competitive Hearthstone, that's why the audience imploded made it switch sites.

(And everything else you were complaining about didn't help. The whole system is a mess.)

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Toshimo posted:

Thanks, I found it and linked accounts.

The schedule is still messed up though.

Going to full schedule doesn't have anything for this weekend and shows me that the Summer Tournament is live.

Id recommend watching Habugabu's 2 series from today/yesterday, he brought a full-aggro lineup and ended up playing 6 games in about 45 mins.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

victorious posted:

Id recommend watching Habugabu's 2 series from today/yesterday, he brought a full-aggro lineup and ended up playing 6 games in about 45 mins.

I do appreciate that, and I think that's probably more watchable than Renethal mirrors, but I was really just trying to get my free pack. Didn't expect it to be an ordeal.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think it’s really funny how even some of the HS devs were like “yeah secret rogue’s kind of a miss, maybe we shouldn’t have done it” and now it’s one of the strongest 8-10 card packages in the class and shows up across multiple archetypes

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
(They don't know what they're doing op)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

as one of maybe a dozen people in total that plays merceneries I'm glad I have some way to turn in my thousands of coins per character that I couldn't previously use after the next patch

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Hey, I stopped playing hearthstone a few years back. I had a pretty good collection as of saviors of uldum, and nothing after that.

Looking at the game now there seems to be a few new game modes and obviously several new expansions. I figured I'd at least be able to play wild but you can't use classic cards in that mode now??
I got some welcome back big druid dragon deck but it seems pretty mediocre.
I figured I'd just spend the 7000 gold or so I have on the latest expansion packs but when I checked the shop there's all sorts of mini packs and poo poo with a set list of cards you get with them. I have no idea if they are any good or will enable any decks for me.

Anyway, I'm wondering where I should focus. Are there any competitive wild decks I should be able to field with my current cards? What are some good, low cost decks I can work towards and major pieces for the expansion? Any critical cards I should craft from other xpacks in standard?
Any of the newer game modes exceptional?

It's all a lot to pour over so some expert opinions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
For Standard, Aggro Druid is doing pretty decently right now, noting the new expansion is around the corner and that will shake things up. Aggro Druid uses no legendaries and therefore is pretty cheap and a good place to start.

Hsreplay.net and viscoussyndicate.com are good places to get decks as well.

There are several wild players in the thread, I'm sure they'll speak up soon :)

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Math You posted:

Hey, I stopped playing hearthstone a few years back. I had a pretty good collection as of saviors of uldum, and nothing after that.

Looking at the game now there seems to be a few new game modes and obviously several new expansions. I figured I'd at least be able to play wild but you can't use classic cards in that mode now??
I got some welcome back big druid dragon deck but it seems pretty mediocre.
I figured I'd just spend the 7000 gold or so I have on the latest expansion packs but when I checked the shop there's all sorts of mini packs and poo poo with a set list of cards you get with them. I have no idea if they are any good or will enable any decks for me.

Anyway, I'm wondering where I should focus. Are there any competitive wild decks I should be able to field with my current cards? What are some good, low cost decks I can work towards and major pieces for the expansion? Any critical cards I should craft from other xpacks in standard?
Any of the newer game modes exceptional?

It's all a lot to pour over so some expert opinions will be appreciated. Thanks!

If you can hold off a few more weeks, a new expansion is going to be announced on tuesday, I'd wait for that to come out before you spend all your money on current packs. There's also supposed to be new free decks for returning players that will be announced then.

I like d0nkey.top a lot more than hsreplay, you don't have dumb paygates and better filtering. Maybe you could do Even Shaman with minimal investment if you have Genn already? https://www.d0nkey.top/decks?format=1&period=past_week

Otherwise if you want to go with standard, aggro druid should be the cheapest deck to craft.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think it’s really funny how even some of the HS devs were like “yeah secret rogue’s kind of a miss, maybe we shouldn’t have done it” and now it’s one of the strongest 8-10 card packages in the class and shows up across multiple archetypes

turns out printing a good secret makes the archetype playable, who knew?

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

How can anyone claim Secret Rogue is good when nobody is crafting Halkias?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I did the math and came to a stunning conclusion

Halkias= bad

Another entry for the line of cards with cool effects and interesting design that don't to broken things that win games

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
It finally happened after nearly 7 years of playing - I finally got a rage add / remove after the message "congrats you'll never get out of diamond with that lovely deck" from user HarryScrot. I genuinely feel like I unlocked an achievement. Speaking of Halkias, here is the deck I was using that earned the rage add. Halkias isn't bad amd acts like a nice, sticky stealth minion. It's just not worth crafting if you didn't open him - he's pure tempo.

### SI:7 Secret Operative
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 1x (1) Find the Imposter
# 2x (1) SI:7 Extortion
# 2x (2) Double Cross
# 1x (2) Kidnap
# 2x (2) Perjury
# 2x (2) SI:7 Skulker
# 2x (2) Sketchy Stranger
# 1x (2) Sticky Situation
# 2x (2) Tooth of Nefarian
# 2x (3) Ghastly Gravedigger
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (3) SI:7 Operative
# 2x (3) SI:7 Smuggler
# 1x (4) Edwin, Defias Kingpin
# 1x (4) Halkias
# 2x (4) Private Eye
# 2x (4) Scuttlebutt Ghoul
# 2x (4) SI:7 Informant
# 1x (6) Crabatoa
# 2x (7) SI:7 Assassin
# 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
#
AAECAd75Awim+QPtgAT7igTYtgTe2gTf2gTg2gSX7wQQn/QDofQDovQDo/UDpvUDvYAE9Z8E9p8E+awE/qwE3NAE3NoE3doEkt8Ew+ME9+0EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

gotten legend with this the last three months, it's relatively cheap, and when it comes to highroll bullshit I'm a huge fan of summoning four 8/8 rushes on turn 4

### Deathrattle Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 2x (1) Door of Shadows
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (1) Shattershambler
# 2x (2) Forsaken Lieutenant
# 2x (2) Naval Mine
# 2x (3) Snowfall Graveyard
# 2x (4) Counterfeit Blade
# 2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster
# 2x (5) Burning Blade Acolyte
# 2x (6) Masked Reveler
# 2x (8) Smokescreen
# 2x (10) Stoneborn General
#
AAECAd75AwAP9egDjfQDvYAEkZ8E958E/KUE/awEiLAEt7ME1bYEidIE49ME9N0ErO0Ey+0EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I’m gonna sound like an idiot, but I honestly don’t get how it works reliably. For every time you get to Smokescreen the 8/8 you get three games where you flounder impotently, and I think I must be fundamentally misunderstanding the game plan.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I played a variant of it before Nathria came out, and while it’s definitely not a top tier pick, it can do some broken stuff. The list I played used Nerubian Egg rather than Mine — it’s a low roll on Smokescreen and Counterfeit Blade, but it provides much greater tempo opportunities in conjunction with Shattershambler, Lieutenant, and Graveyard. I copied the list from Kibler — he’s probably got gameplay videos on his YouTube channel.

Anyway, my last minute zero-inside-information prediction before the announcement tomorrow is: Death Knight is being added, but rather than a free giveaway legendary, the entire Death Knight Initiate set (or equivalent) will be made available.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

mass stoneborn general is fun but not the only positive outcome. you can also get chunky with 5/8 taunts or do 24+ damage from hand, for example - ended plenty of games on turn 6 thanks to naval mine combos. you have early setup plays in shattershambler and forsaken lieutenant plus cheap draw/dredge, and then you can lean into whatever you find. like, if you don't luck into snowfall graveyard or a strong smokescreen (especially when done early, whether via trickster or prep/cutlass discounts) or a forsaken lieutenant double whammy or heavy pressure from one or two early 5/8s or just doing damage with naval mines or some combination thereof, you'll flounder. but that's a lot of ors! statistically I'm certain it's not a top-tier deck, but it's not just the rare highroll - you have lots of opportunities for something to win with.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I hate decks like this because either you draw like poo poo and roll over or you get the nuts and the opponent has zero counterplay before dying to your bullshit. These highroll decks have been the bane of hearthstone ever since keleseth came out. But other than this deck, which is not exactly common, and jackpot highrolls, the meta is pretty okay right now overall.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The meta feels great; every class has at least one legend viable deck, and there are a lot fewer explosive highrolls

Can’t wait to see how it gets ruined tomorrow

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
What's the new legendary everyone's gonna get tomorrow? What if they don't bring back hero card DKs but let you discover their hero powers, on say a 4 mana 4/4?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The meta feels great; every class has at least one legend viable deck, and there are a lot fewer explosive highrolls

Can’t wait to see how it gets ruined tomorrow

This except the exact opposite

Please let me have your MMR so I can play this mythical meta

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

help me for the love of God I am trapped in a neverending pocket of warlock/rogue/mage/priest and it is such dogshit gameplay :shepicide:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Which is dumber:

1. That I, as Rogue, can drop 20 health worth of Minions on Turn 4, OR:
2. My opponent, the Demon Hunter, can erase 20 health worth of Minions on Turn 4.

Both of these things seem extremely stupid and indicative of the level of power creep this game has experienced to me.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

#2 could be done by paladin when the game launched, so I'm not sure how indicative of anything it is.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Reminder: 2.5 hours until the ~Announcement~, i.e. free pack

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

AnacondaHL posted:

Reminder: 2.5 hours until the ~Announcement~, i.e. free pack

Yeah. Freed up my lunch hour to give it a watch.

As an update, we've had some pretty good discussion going in discord, if anyone else wants to hop in, and I'll definitely be bullshitting about this stream in there. I've also set up the Stream as an event so you can opt-in for reminders, if that's your thing. So, feel free to pop in: https://discord.gg/ac63nU83F4

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Ok that's going to shake up the meta

edit for those not watching: this card goes live today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
also going live today: knights of the frozen throne is back in Standard until december 6th. wonder how many of the hero cards can keep up with today's power levels