Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I wonder when we'll start seeing convictions against right-wing political terrorists start getting held up by the courts.

Right wing terrorist? Sorry this was just a crazy lone wolf definitely not inspired by increasingly inflammatory speech from Republicans and just because their manifesto will inevitably sound like a Tucker Carlson show transcript like every past mass shooter incident in recent memory is coincidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Right wing terrorist? Sorry this was just a crazy lone wolf definitely not inspired by increasingly inflammatory speech from Republicans and just because their manifesto will inevitably sound like a Tucker Carlson show transcript like every past mass shooter incident in recent memory is coincidence

Who will both name check the President and Tucker Carlson. Who knows what motivated him?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Automata 10 Pack posted:

I wonder when we'll start seeing convictions against right-wing political terrorists start getting held up by the courts.

I mean haven't we already? Wasn't that the whole point of Judge Cannon appointing the special master?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
First thing elon did was light 206 million dollars on fire with the golden parachutes he activated.

The second thing was open the floodgates on the n-word, k-word, and other hate speech.

-----

Didn't have 'assassination attempt' on my bingo card for today. Wonder how the news media will spin it...."hammer involved incident"? "economically distressed individual"? Wait, I got it--"lone wolf in need of psychiatric care"

Edit:

Zwabu posted:

I wonder what kinds of posts hammer boy makes on social media.

He tends to really nail it in the replies.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 28, 2022

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Zwabu posted:

Extreme right wing poo poo about jews, colleges brainwashing kids, hollywood, censorship.... oh and he's a 40 year old hemp jewelry maker and nudity activist.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Kalli posted:

Extreme right wing poo poo about jews, colleges brainwashing kids, hollywood, censorship.... oh and he's a 40 year old hemp jewelry maker and nudity activist.

Here's a thread that's exactly what you expect:
https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1586051198641377280

Holocaust denial, woke-ism, complaining about the last jedi, all the hits

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

snorch posted:

Having flashbacks to a very agitated and disheveled tweaker on the BART engaging me in political conversation and ranting about Nancy Pelosi.

That poor guy, a good reminder that mental illness and addiction can lead to violence like this and our lack of social safety nets does not help us combat extremists.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Zwabu posted:

CNN posted:

The man who allegedly attacked Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s husband early Friday posted memes and conspiracy theories on Facebook about Covid-19 vaccines, the 2020 election and the Jan. 6 attack.

David DePape, 42, was identified by police Friday as the suspect in the assault on Paul Pelosi at the speaker’s San Francisco home.

Two of DePape’s relatives told CNN that DePape is estranged from his family, and confirmed that the Facebook account – which was taken down by the social media company on Friday – belonged to him.

His stepfather, Gene DePape, said David DePape grew up in Powell River, British Columbia, and left Canada about 20 years ago to pursue a relationship that brought him to California.

“I really don’t know what to think,” the suspect’s uncle, Mark DePape, said of his nephew’s alleged attack on Pelosi. “Hopefully it’s a scam. I don’t want to hear something like that.”

Last year, David DePape posted links on his Facebook page to multiple videos produced by My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell falsely alleging that the 2020 election was stolen. Other posts included transphobic images and linked to websites claiming Covid-19 vaccines were deadly. “The death rates being promoted are what ever ‘THEY’ want to be promoted as the death rate,” one post read.

DePape also posted links to YouTube videos with titles like “Democrat FARCE Commission to Investigate January 6th Capitol Riot COLLAPSES in Congress!!!” and “Global Elites Plan To Take Control Of YOUR Money! (Revealed)”

Two days after former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of killing George Floyd, DePape wrote that the trial was “a modern lynching,” falsely indicating that Floyd died of a drug overdose.

He also posted content about the “Great Reset” – the sprawling conspiracy theory that global elites are using coronavirus to usher in a new world order in which they gain more power and oppress the masses. And he complained that politicians making promises to try to win votes “are offering you bribes in exchange for your further enslavement.”

Most of the public posts on DePape’s Facebook page were from 2021. In earlier years, DePape also posted long screeds about religion, including claims that “Jesus is the anti christ.” None of the public posts appeared to mention Pelosi.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

There are thousands upon thousands of men (always men) exactly like this on social media. They're the base of the Republican Party.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Weird to see a Pope taking a hammer to someone's husband. Historically, it has been the case that the husband hammers the Pope.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Veryslightlymad posted:

Weird to see a Pope taking a hammer to someone's husband. Historically, it has been the case that the husband hammers the Pope.

The pope hasn't died, so they had to find another outlet

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/abcliz/status/1586054431765716993?s=46&t=Jhiw-B3sMkN6zbDmPMIyrQ

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Zwabu posted:

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1586053558255767552

this is what the guy spent his last day before hammer time doing.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I mean he was probably trying to murder the equally-old Speaker of the House

Yep. It is confirmed that he was.

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1586028929684480000

Jesus.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Well that's ominous.

I'm concerned I don't see any scenario where incidents like this stop happening, if they're getting this worked up over "woke" Pelosi it's only gonna get worse for anyone actually lefterer. There's just no consequences that matter for folks like this.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Countdown to Trump blaming Nancy for putting her husband in danger.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Ringo Star Get posted:

Countdown to Trump blaming Nancy for putting her husband in danger.

It’s their house, he’s supposed to be there!

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Bellmaker posted:

Well that's ominous.

I'm concerned I don't see any scenario where incidents like this stop happening, if they're getting this worked up over "woke" Pelosi it's only gonna get worse for anyone actually lefterer. There's just no consequences that matter for folks like this.

The solution is going to be a massive expansion of the police security state and it will be eventually used when a fascist comes to power

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

That Black Adam review is confusing. He seems to have simultaneously liked and hated it, and the main reason he hated it was because it gave him vague feelings of "wokeness" but also it wasn't woke so critics are dumb for not liking it? At least I think that's what he's trying to say.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

https://twitter.com/pnjaban/status/1586031119647928320?s=46&t=lypfoWlrUOSzqw_LFxvuLQ

I would love to read the internal investigation of how this happened because I suspect no cop in this country really cares much about what happens to Pelosi.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That Black Adam review is confusing. He seems to have simultaneously liked and hated it, and they main reason he hated it was because it gave him vague feelings if "wokeness" but also it wasn't woke so critics are dumb for not liking it? At least I think that's what he's trying to say.

People who try to do murder with hammers aren't known for particularly organized thinking

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

At least trump can come back on Twitter and let us know exactly how he thought Mr Pelosi was asking for it

And we can go rolling through a sea of racial slurs to find it

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That Black Adam review is confusing. He seems to have simultaneously liked and hated it,

So did basically every other reviewer.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

So did basically every other reviewer.

I haven't seen the movie, and I wasn't going to, but now I kind of feel like I have to so I can understand these intense emotions the film appears to inspire.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah this wasn't an attack at an event or outside somewhere, this was in the Pelosi house.

I think the midterms are going to be a shitshow and the secret service (ya know, the ones who failed to stop Jan 6th events or failed to protect politicians that day) are going to be stretched thin next month.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sounds to me like basic cognitive dissonance. He expected to hate the movie because he knew going in that it contained content that was supposed to enrage him (because his favorite information sources told him this), but ended up enjoying it anyway, and resolved this by blaming the mainstream critics, who must have tricked him somehow

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

selec posted:

https://twitter.com/pnjaban/status/1586031119647928320?s=46&t=lypfoWlrUOSzqw_LFxvuLQ

I would love to read the internal investigation of how this happened because I suspect no cop in this country really cares much about what happens to Pelosi.

This is a weird Tweet. Process servers aren’t supposed to engage in the kind of evasion and breaking and entering a guy with a hammer and the intent to harm would. If everybody’s just punching a clock and not taking the assignment seriously, I can totally see how a random white dude could sneak in.

EDIT: oh God. She’s some horrible “get tough on crime” GOP goon.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Eric Cantonese posted:

This is a weird Tweet. Process servers aren’t supposed to engage in the kind of evasion and breaking and entering a guy with a hammer and the intent to harm would. If everybody’s just punching a clock and not taking the assignment seriously, I can totally see how a random white dude could sneak in.

I mean, it doesn’t change the central fact of “third in line to the presidency, but household security isn’t up to the task.”

Like exactly what Mission Impossible style parkour entry are we to believe this guy executed? I’m going with lazy/complicit cops, but that’s not really two terms you can tease apart when it comes to cops.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is she implying that Pelosi is lying about what happened? “I couldn’t sneak in so obviously this guy couldn’t have snuck in?”

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

selec posted:

Apparently the cops were on prem, the guy took a hammer to a window and waltzed right in screaming for Pelosi, the husband confronted him and the guy decided he was going to tie him up while he waited for Nancy to show up and the cops came upon them struggling for the hammer in the doorway and witnessed the whole attack and tackled the guy. At 2:30AM there aren't going to be any staffers about, especially I assume if Nancy isn't there, and this guy just waltzed right up.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

drunkill posted:

I think the midterms are going to be a shitshow and the secret service (ya know, the ones who failed to stop Jan 6th events or failed to protect politicians that day) are going to be stretched thin next month.

All of these incidents and individuals would be under the purview of Capitol Police, not the secret service.

squibble
Sep 30, 2003

Eric Cantonese posted:

She's a GOP official trying to imply that this was a false-flag.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

squibble posted:

I figured.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

squibble posted:

It's getting harder to tell when people are pretending to be the stupidest most worthless person in the world and when they actually are the stupidest most worthless person in the world.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

skylined! posted:

With the decades of stuff he has been involved in privately it's possible this wasn't tied to Nancy at all.

For sure dude.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Youth Decay posted:

There are thousands upon thousands of men (always men) exactly like this on social media. They're the base of the Republican Party.

The base of the GOP is still mostly small-business tyrants who think they are one extinction of the EPA away from being billionaires, evangelicals, and olds.

The chud brigade is a welcome reinforcement, in the sense that it brings a big sliver of what were once independents/nonvoters into the party.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yea my feeling is that the Chuds aren't the base....yet. They are more likely Trump fanatics who are more loyal to Trump than to the actual Republican party. That being said, the true believers are now taking over the party just like the Tea Party morons took over in 2010.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Apparently, this was likely a random crime that shows how bad crime has gotten in San Francisco because of their liberal policies or possibly the result of Joe Biden being too partisan or divisive.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1586029330500812801

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Honestly Paul Pelosi should have had more happen to him for that DUI. Secondly all the insider trading is pretty lovely. Id rather see both of them face those crimes than get beatup though.