Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

I want the Jets to beat the poo poo out of Jones but I’m also mindful that the refs will probably gift the Pats roughing penalties if they do anything more than tenderly lower him to the ground.

But Judon will be allowed to intentionally injure as many Jets as his heart desires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
It's important to start establishing excuses early. For instance, I think the jets will get more than 2 downfield DPIs. and the refs might start to kiss bob saleh on the mouth & lips at midfield

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Here I’ll help…

“Sauce gets away with too much holding”

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Roger Goodell is a life long Jets fan. This season is the culmination of his entire NFL tenure. Pulling strings, setting things up. Refs are gonna be in his pocket.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Roger Goodell is a life long Jets fan. This season is the culmination of his entire NFL tenure. Pulling strings, setting things up. Refs are gonna be in his pocket.

If the Jets win on Sunday I’m gonna try and call in to Felger and Mazz with this take.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If the Jets win on Sunday I’m gonna try and call in to Felger and Mazz with this take.

You've already been beaten to this one long ago

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nodoze posted:

You've already been beaten to this one long ago

Oh trust me I know. But it will be amusing to do it when the Jets actually have finally surpassed the Pats. Goodell’s devious 15 year plan finally come to fruition.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 28, 2022

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Corey Davis out, which was expected. Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, and Braxton is still plenty of juice. Also, massive swings in playoff chances with this game.
https://twitter.com/fboutsiders/status/1585699872388300800

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Phobeste posted:

It's important to start establishing excuses early. For instance, I think the jets will get more than 2 downfield DPIs. and the refs might start to kiss bob saleh on the mouth & lips at midfield

Jets fans complain about the refs more than any fan base I’ve seen on these forums so it makes sense they would start days before kickoff.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Corey Davis out, which was expected. Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, and Braxton is still plenty of juice. Also, massive swings in playoff chances with this game.
https://twitter.com/fboutsiders/status/1585699872388300800

The dynamic around this game is fascinating solely because of how it will likely determine whether Mac continues as a starting QB in New England or benched and traded away unceremoniously in the offseason.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Jets could get every call against NE for the rest of my life and it wouldn’t make up for the tuck rule call.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

mcmagic posted:

The Jets could get every call against NE for the rest of my life and it wouldn’t make up for the tuck rule call.

Yeah the Jets really got hosed on that call.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Spencer Brown is out of the GB game. I hope this isn't a repeat of the Jacksonville game. Most of the bad performances since the start of last season seem to tie in to days when the OL was depleted.

It's time for Beane to fix a wrong of the past and get Wyatt Teller back...

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Trap games happen but man, this is approaching Jacksonville level shockers if the Bills blow this one.

The Bills are off a bye, pretty healthy, at home, and against a quarterback who's calling into TV shows to tell his coaching staff to start cutting his receivers' reps.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

fsif posted:

Trap games happen but man, this is approaching Jacksonville level shockers if the Bills blow this one.

The Bills are off a bye, pretty healthy, at home, and against a quarterback who's calling into TV shows to tell his coaching staff to start cutting his receivers' reps.

I mean, this has to be one of the biggest regular season games for the home Buffalo crowd in a long time right? Pats last year was bigger but beating the Packers and Rodgers on SNF is a statement even if they suck now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
For the love of god beating the Packers this year is not a statement.

Now losing to the Packers on the other hand...

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah this doesn't compare to beating the Pats in the postseason. I don't think it even compares to the Titans game from earlier in the year.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

fsif posted:

a quarterback who's calling into TV shows to tell his coaching staff to start cutting his receivers' reps.

Sorry what?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

tarbrush posted:

Sorry what?

Called into Pat Mcafee's show and said dudes needed to be benched

quote:

"Guys who are making too many mistakes shouldn't be playing, you know. Gotta start cutting some reps, and maybe guys who aren't playing, give them a chance," he said.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

fsif posted:

Morse-Dawkins-Saffold-Bates-Quessenbery isn't an offensive line that should scare any defence. As it is that's probably enough for Allen but say Morse goes down again and Von Roten has to come back in as centre? I'd half my predicted Bills offensive score.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I mean, no, but that's still most of the starting line and the Bills are still 5-1. I don't think Spencer Brown -> David Quessenbery is some major deciding factor in the team's fortunes.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Kalli posted:

Called into Pat Mcafee's show and said dudes needed to be benched

That meme about him being the CM Punk of football was spot on.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
God, qbs handle falling off worse than basically any other sports person. Hilarious

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

fsif posted:

I mean, no, but that's still most of the starting line and the Bills are still 5-1. I don't think Spencer Brown -> David Quessenbery is some major deciding factor in the team's fortunes.
If Brown is the only one out, I'm not that worried. It just seems like the OL has clusters of injuries causing the whole offence to poo poo the bed. The Bills have seven losses since the start of last year. Steelers, Titans, Jaguars, Colts and Miami all featured OL collapses. (The other two losses had extreme weather and extreme Mahomes)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1586031608645066752?s=20&t=h088nuigpCEOoEX5YpNN0A

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
It has trap game potential but I can't see the Bills or Allen letting up on SNF at home.
This is a great opportunity for Allen to pump up his MVP case if he embarrasses Rodgers.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think the media really wants to formally anoint Josh Allen so if there's a tie between him and Mahomes, Allen will get it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I hope the Packers win some games before they play the Dolphins I hate playing teams that have lost a bunch in a row

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

I think the media really wants to formally anoint Josh Allen so if there's a tie between him and Mahomes, Allen will get it.

It's a really surreal thing to be talking about.

I was watching a thing with Tasker and Thurman where they kind of caught themselves talking about should Allen play the 4th quarter if they are blowing out the Packers really badly?

Their last two home games yeesh

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mostly good news. Getting some reinforcements back at CB.

https://twitter.com/houtz/status/1586084401036730369?s=20&t=6PDAS8D_iqsrZvroWoCsUA

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

drat, didn't realize we were getting a Dan Campbell revenge game this weekend.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The whole thing is weird.

https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1586089978441916417

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
What’s up with the Tua throwing hand thing?

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

erm....random XD i award you my golden spork my good sire

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nice to see Jermaine back.

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1586090197317734400

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

:shepface:

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Ehud posted:

he gets away with too much contact imo
It's the defining characteristic of a "good" CB.

edit: Mac has numbness in his Toes? WTF?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

edit: wrong East

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 28, 2022

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

fsif posted:

drat, didn't realize we were getting a Dan Campbell revenge game this weekend.

I think every single "revenge game" this year has been a miserable failure, which doesn't give me much hope for the Lions' chances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

epic bacon posted:

erm....random XD i award you my golden spork my good sire

Old rear end bitch with the Ancient Cope!!!!