Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MarcusSA posted:

This is pretty legit,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85_yRd492lQ

XBSX2 PS2 Emulator is awesome on the Xbox Series S | MVG

It is. Xbox series s with retroarch and xbsx2 is absolutely the way for home entertainment system emulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Not noticing any stutters with the 61hz on the Odin Lite (it clocks slightly over 60)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
RG353M announcement, comes in purple and blue.

https://youtu.be/emmHq4V-BmU

Also I am totally here for the decision to announce it to a 2000’s rom-com track.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That is certainly a music choice though I wish they'd gone all out and made it look like an old iPod ad because that music would fit one of those perfectly. Also don't see the point in that when the Retroid Pocket 3 exists and is more powerful for cheaper.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 28, 2022

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Rolo posted:

RG353M announcement, comes in purple and blue.

https://youtu.be/emmHq4V-BmU

Also I am totally here for the decision to announce it to a 2000’s rom-com track.

hall effect, whoa

love the deep purple colorway

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

njsykora posted:

That is certainly a music choice though I wish they'd gone all out and made it look like an old iPod ad because that music would fit one of those perfectly. Also don't see the point in that when the Retroid Pocket 3 exists and is more powerful for cheaper.

I think a lot of people still want smaller 4:3 devices with better N64/DC support. The RP3 is cool but I don’t care too much for having borders with literally everything I run on it.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

What's annoying me is how they had started seeing the light wrt stacked shoulder buttons, but the 353m apparently will be ditching the idea?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Explosionface posted:

What's annoying me is how they had started seeing the light wrt stacked shoulder buttons, but the 353m apparently will be ditching the idea?

Their absolute refusal to move away from the in-line shoulders is one of the most questionable things about the company.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Looks pretty much exactly like the rg351mp with 353 internals. The rg351mp is the only device I bought that I kinda consider a bad purchase... not a bad little machine if you really like boxy, and I know at least from the Discord that some people do seem to prefer it, but I'd still rather use the rgb10 max 2 or the rg353p. IMO this looks like a significant downgrade in usability/comfort for I guess a small benefit in pocketability.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

It's me, I'm the guy who really likes these boxy metal handhelds.

I'm all in on the purple one. I skipped the 351MP because it just didn't seem like enough of an upgrade over the 350M, so this'll do me nicely.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My RP3 is in the US

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I got you beat, Pablo.
I got an email that my Analog Pocket is preparing and the last day to change my address is Nov 6.
HELLS YES.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

otter posted:

I got you beat, Pablo.
I got an email that my Analog Pocket is preparing and the last day to change my address is Nov 6.
HELLS YES.

You should change it to my address :troll::getin:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they better hurry up and send mine. i almost forgot i ordered it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

uber_stoat posted:

they better hurry up and send mine. i almost forgot i ordered it.

Me and my Panic Playdate I ordered a year ago. Wondering if I should be canceling that

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, I ordered a Playdate in January thinking it'd be a nice Christmas present. Oops!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RP3 is out for delivery…

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
So was Taki's brouhaha over the RP3 overblown?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rinkles posted:

So was Taki's brouhaha over the RP3 overblown?

Seems so, like he got a prerelease model that had issues the release model doesn't

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Seems so, like he got a prerelease model that had issues the release model doesn't

Taki? Making a huge issue out of nothing? :hmmyes:

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It also sounded like he saw earlier prototypes he liked more and built that into his evaluation of the final product, when nobody else has that sort of context and doesn't care about What Could Have Been as long as the final product is worth the price on its own.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sethsez posted:

It also sounded like he saw earlier prototypes he liked more and built that into his evaluation of the final product, when nobody else has that sort of context and doesn't care about What Could Have Been as long as the final product is worth the price on its own.

I pretty much only trust RGC Russ for his opinions on these devices

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Got the RP3 yesterday and been playing around with it, it's a really solid nice feeling device. The default Retroid Launcher huffs nuts so I downloaded one called the RESET Collection which is way nicer and actually scrapes the box art correctly

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Everyone should just use Daijisho imo, unless you're nix based then you're on emulation station

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Pegasus is pretty nice but it does take a good bit of elbow grease to get it really dialed in.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

I just want an Android FE that uses the same metadata I've already scraped for ES, why is that so hard

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Doctor Hospital posted:

Pegasus is pretty nice but it does take a good bit of elbow grease to get it really dialed in.

Pegasus is nice but really grinds to a halt if you have full romsets, becomes unusably slow.

zzMisc posted:

I just want an Android FE that uses the same metadata I've already scraped for ES, why is that so hard

The author of Daijisho has suggested they’ll include support for pre-scraped images in the next version. That’s the main thing holding me back from using it full-time - the UI is great but it always misses a load of games when scraping. Which feels a waste when I have all the metadata pre-scraped right there with the ROMs. Sounds like it might just be “look in this folder for the boxart” rather than reading all the ES metadata but that will do me.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Froist posted:

Pegasus is nice but really grinds to a halt if you have full romsets, becomes unusably slow.

The author of Daijisho has suggested they’ll include support for pre-scraped images in the next version. That’s the main thing holding me back from using it full-time - the UI is great but it always misses a load of games when scraping. Which feels a waste when I have all the metadata pre-scraped right there with the ROMs. Sounds like it might just be “look in this folder for the boxart” rather than reading all the ES metadata but that will do me.

yeah i will say it probably gets only 90% of the art correct which whatever because the setup and ease of use for everything else in Daijisho definitely makes up for it

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Retroid presents buyers remorse.
https://youtu.be/JAWgIxYPE_g

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

njsykora posted:

I refuse to get FOMO about this

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

njsykora posted:

That was quick

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I'm a sucker for handhelds with clear plastic shells, and those purple and green options look nice, so my interest is piqued.

I think the Retroid Pocket 3 is in a good spot in terms of price and performance, but I don't know what an upgrade in the processor would actually bring to the device. I can't see it being improved enough so it starts doing PlayStation 2 or GameCube very well. It is very strange to release a new model so soon.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Oh man 9 new posts and it’s been a week since something was announced here we goooo.

Also oooh clear green. That does it, I’m not buying more until I sell some I already have.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

the early rumors of the processor upgrade was something near the d900 which would bring it up to the odin lite, i'm not sure that's still accurate as now i'm seeing in the discord T618 which i know nothing about

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Russ posted a review of the 353M. Positive overall. Apparently it's smaller than the 351MP with hall-effect joysticks, wifi+bluetooth, and all the pluses we've seen from the 353s so far.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

After fiddling with the RP3 some more and getting RESET collection set up I really really like this thing a whole lot

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
https://youtu.be/xn2S6mMkyoQ

I think I’m finally gonna get my first 16:9 one of these now that they’re getting up to games and streaming apps that use it decently.

Also yo this is turning into an expensive habit haha.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Rolo posted:

Also yo this is turning into an expensive habit haha.

Retrogaming.txt

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Been watching videos about the 3’s streaming ability and yeah, if the 3+ does halfway decent with PS2/GC on top of the streaming I’m gonna get it and ditch most of what I’ve got.

So I think at some point I’d had a grey 351V, purple RP2 and maybe even clear purple 353V I’d be letting go for cheap just to not be creating e-waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Are they fixing the location of the start/select buttons? That’s the only thing that kept me from getting the RP3. I got the RG503 instead which I’m perfectly happy with but still…new and shiny.