Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

pentyne posted:

Goons took over a browser game based on politics and war, called "Politics and War" by implementing full scale automatic communism, and ruled over the game so effortlessly the main admin actually hosed around with the rules and ended up destroying the game in order to "own" the goons.

Politics & Wars: Come check out all the better games we play

A j4g

Joining goons P&W

There was also a 'baseball' minigame that was being run by a certain player who only let people access a translated korean manga if they joined and gave her stuff, getting up to 1000 people that way. Goons also took it over.

Lol this is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

They are literal highschoolers so I don't think they have credit cards.

They must be. It's like they've never been on the internet outside of that game. These people are so funny.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

I just started searching their forums for the keyword "goon"

E: I cant take this seriously but they seem to really think that buying an SA account is some deep insult to the game's ecosystem https://forum.politicsandwar.com/in...#comment-433475

Dude the people we fought in that game are some of the most insane, obsessed people I've ever dealt with on the internet, it blows my mind how much we lived in those guys' heads just for being way better at the game than them and reporting their flagrantly nazi larping stuff.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
something awful is an urban dead forum

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

something awful is an urban dead forum

lol

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Dude the people we fought in that game are some of the most insane, obsessed people I've ever dealt with on the internet, it blows my mind how much we lived in those guys' heads just for being way better at the game than them and reporting their flagrantly nazi larping stuff.

I can picture the absolutely joyless, 50-something dude typing up this :iceburn:, chuckling sensibly. Those goons, how boorish.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i like to imagine things too

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

IGgy IGsen posted:

They must be. It's like they've never been on the internet outside of that game. These people are so funny.

"Hello negative reputation user The Meat" is the most cyberpunk phrase I have ever read

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

Rappaport posted:

I can picture the absolutely joyless, 50-something dude typing up this :iceburn:, chuckling sensibly. Those goons, how boorish.

hes got a girlfriend too

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Most of the really good content from when we played has long since been purged unfortunately, there were some truly incredible and depraved heights of Posting at the game's peak.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Imagining big tits

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

WarpDogs posted:

love people running to QCS to defend their buds without even reading the post that got their pal probed

It's called friendship and unconditional love

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, some goons are pretty desperate for it

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Roth posted:

:negative:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dongicus posted:

Imagining big tits

i could never imagine such a thing

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Roth posted:

lmao

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

*stephen a smith voice* big tits, things of that nature

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

What the gently caress.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Rappaport posted:

but also didn't lowtax actually buy a sports car with the website money? so in a way history has vindicated the tedious browser game player

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

but also didn't lowtax actually buy a sports car with the website money? so in a way history has vindicated the tedious browser game player

better than that. he leased two GT-Rs against the LLC's business account

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mister Olympus posted:

He leased them which is basically just renting them for a long time.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Larry Parrish posted:

ppl keep saying this but homework explainer quit because you people have brain damage and made that up + kept repeating it over and over. also according to him being an admin is mad fail, which I believe

he quit before he got booted after being clowned on in QCS

also nobody made up him denying genocides, and he had a very famous D&D post about how north Korea is good

this is his 'i quit' post

R. Guyovich posted:

After continuing this discussion with the rest of the mods I've decided the most reasonable course of action is stepping down immediately. We have a good group of people handling things and I've been doing less and less as we've added new mods and admins to the team. I had already planned to leave around the end of the year when the transition was finished and everyone was settled into their roles but clearly there is good reason to accelerate that timeline and stop adminning now. As much as I tried not to let my position influence my posting I can look back on past threads and see where that was obviously not the case. I apologize for my behavior, take full responsibility for it, and ask it not be thought to reflect on the rest of the mods and admins here. I wish them all the best.

and here is one of is his greatest hits: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779610

quote:

Now we're delving into more aggressive opponents of American imperialism, and consequently getting into countries more heavily propagandized against. As I said, there are other places to talk about the DPRK government and how unreliable our reporting is about this country. It throws suspicion on everything we hear. No matter your opinion, the DPRK suffered unimaginable loss during the Korean War, with a full third of the population killed and the city of Pyongyang leveled by the fighting. With that bloody history fresh on the mind, and with the United States military playing war games and undergoing nuclear tests on its border, does it come as a surprise the DPRK would emphasize its military as a means of self-defense? The people of Korea know very well what American invasion and occupation is like. And, to most Westerners' surprise, it's not just the north that wants the US out. The "Sunshine Policy" of the late '90s and early '00s was making great strides toward a friendlier relationship between the DPRK and the Republic of Korea. But the Bush administration's "Axis of Evil" saber rattling put a stop to that. With American troop movement interfering with peace and reunification, the ROK has its own share of anti-imperialists, despite the prevailing opinion of Americans who've never visited. Therefore the ROK could be included as an "honorary member" of the anti-imperialist bloc, if a government similar to Kim Dae-Sung's ever made its way back into power.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

also it never ceases to amaze me how people get insanely attached to objectively horrible browser based games

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Upgrade posted:

also it never ceases to amaze me how people get insanely attached to objectively horrible browser based games

They are fun as hell to wreak havoc in to generate incredible amounts of Content.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

They are fun as hell to wreak havoc in to generate incredible amounts of Content.

getting legitimately angry because someone makes a joke during the circa 2002 browser based dating sim

GOONS!!!

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
what are goons

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

Upgrade posted:

also nobody made up him denying genocides, and he had a very famous D&D post about how north Korea is good

and here is one of is his greatest hits: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779610

there's no genocide denial in there, and north korea is good irl

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

jimmyjams posted:

what are goons

The detritus of a thousand gifted child programs

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

bongmaster posted:

You should move there then

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bongmaster posted:

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You should move there then

no. stop it right now

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

bongmaster posted:

please go there in lieu of posting

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Upgrade posted:

i do not care to get into the politics of it in pyf but that's not what he's saying there.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Now imagine if he said the same about North Carolina. Wouldn't that be something?

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Larry Parrish posted:

i do not care to get into the politics of it in pyf but that's not what he's saying there.

fair enough, we can leave the politics elsewhere.

here's perhaps the best ask/tell thread ever to grace SA: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3391326&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

its about leaving an orthodox jewish community and is fascinating

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

Paladinus posted:

Now imagine if he said the same about North Carolina. Wouldn't that be something?

lmfao i would never say sinething like that

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Upgrade posted:

It's the best. I wish I'd been around for goon Kingdom of Loathing, because that game (which was reasonably well-designed but encouraged very tight optimization in a way that broke people's brains, and also the dev team constantly made fun of their playerbase in content updates) drove its entire community nuts. I'm blessed to know about goferchan and the stash raid, at least.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Does anyone have that quote from the guy seriously arguing that cartel rule was an improvement over the Mexican police?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Upgrade posted:

here's perhaps the best ask/tell thread ever to grace SA: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3391326&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

This is an amazing gem, thank you very much.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Crapilicious posted:

This is an amazing gem, thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Upgrade posted:

If I recall correctly, didn't this thread actually get a lot of traction from other members of the Hasidic community on the internet abroad?