Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Whats up with Lucas Raymond and why is he stinking up my fantasy team. I can see he's getting like 20 minutes a night but he's not doing anything.

Kubalik and Perron have staked out the top line/top powerplay, and I guess it turns out that Andrew Copp and Joe Veleno are not ideal linemates. Plus Bertuzzi drove a lot of the play for the Wings last year and he’s out, so there’s a dearth of guys who can push possession for a guy like Raymond who’s pretty one-dimensional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Only took Keefe 4 games to realize that Victor Mete is indistinguishable from random AHL garbage

Mete's easily the second-best skating defenseman on the team, which, lol, lmao. Shame about, uh, everything else.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/dalter/status/1586085596446875648

I don't know what the solution is but this doesn't seem like it.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
That absolutely sucks for Nick Robertson. Give that little man a chance

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i honestly thought wayne simmonds retired lol what the hell

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Koopa Kid posted:

Kubalik and Perron have staked out the top line/top powerplay, and I guess it turns out that Andrew Copp and Joe Veleno are not ideal linemates. Plus Bertuzzi drove a lot of the play for the Wings last year and he’s out, so there’s a dearth of guys who can push possession for a guy like Raymond who’s pretty one-dimensional.

I guess he thought he was more of a driver of play than he is. Detroit has been playing pretty well too, so it's kind of surprising.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Whats up with Lucas Raymond and why is he stinking up my fantasy team. I can see he's getting like 20 minutes a night but he's not doing anything.

He looks lost/ like he is trying to do too much. looks like a classic case of sophomore slump

DJExile posted:

Rasmussen got 2 games for high sticking Krejci

lol, two games when kuznetsov got just 1 for swinging his stick like a bat. ridiculous

clean ayers act fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 28, 2022

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll be interested to see your indepth analysis but a cursory look at the Pens analytical numbers indicates they're fine.

Completely agree. I was going to look at per period basis because I have it in my head already that the Pens either play astonishingly good periods or utter trash with 3 corsi for events and want to see if I'm just imagining it or if there's some funny/interesting nuggets there. Wasn't planning on singling out players yet...and took a swipe at that a bit in the GDT against Calgary.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I bet you're definitely not gonna single out anyone whose name rhymes with happenin'

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Completely agree. I was going to look at per period basis because I have it in my head already that the Pens either play astonishingly good periods or utter trash with 3 corsi for events and want to see if I'm just imagining it or if there's some funny/interesting nuggets there. Wasn't planning on singling out players yet...and took a swipe at that a bit in the GDT against Calgary.

Still having trouble parsing in my brain that the Pens were overall good in the Calgary game but it's hard sometimes to get those bad periods out of my head.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
these are kinda sick https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/1586128980448800768

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/1586046330597621760?s=46&t=5EPzd-72kDHxQdyAIlCElQ

It rules how all the NHL mouthpieces are retweeting this going “now THIS is epic!” meanwhile one of the pictures shows that fans will be sitting on a bench lol

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

https://twitter.com/dalter/status/1586085596446875648

I don't know what the solution is but this doesn't seem like it.

Keefe putting Kerfoot back at 2LW before the month was out was incredibly predictable. The guy has no ideas, and any time he’s convinced to significantly switch the lines up he can’t even give it a full game before getting nervous and going back to his safety blankets.

Also putting Simmonds higher up the lineup in 2022 is reason enough to fire the guy already, just put him out of his misery.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I don't remember the last Devils game I was so excited for after. Holy poo poo. That ruled. I think this is officially a different Devils team now

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Laine-Bedard-Gaudreau is gonna kick all kinds of rear end.

Jarmo playing 4D chess to continue the retool.

Unrelated, https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1586166491723939840?s=19

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
ugh gently caress don't give me hope again

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Is Marino for Smith the new "1 for 1" because gently caress he's been amazing

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

corn on the cop posted:

ugh gently caress don't give me hope again

Seasons have ups and downs and the Devils can absolutely blow themselves up, but they've been remarkably consistent and it really seems like they don't suck anymore

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

fawning deference posted:

I don't remember the last Devils game I was so excited for after. Holy poo poo. That ruled. I think this is officially a different Devils team now

felt like I was watching an early 2000s devils team, right down to the heart attack inducing last 5 minutes

Vanecek's not gonna be that good every night but I'm starting to have some hope

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/1586046330597621760?s=46&t=5EPzd-72kDHxQdyAIlCElQ

It rules how all the NHL mouthpieces are retweeting this going “now THIS is epic!” meanwhile one of the pictures shows that fans will be sitting on a bench lol

My only hope is that’s for the student section that got brought up earlier where they expect drunk college kids to not care.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Levitate posted:

I think Blais will come around but using him on the fourth line for now is best
I would rather get a look at Rydhal at this point than keep running carpenter out there but that might take awhile to convince the coach

Agreed on both. I'd even take Rydahl and Carpenter together with Reaves in the press box, that might be the best way to go.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Is Marino for Smith the new "1 for 1" because gently caress he's been amazing

No

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Yeah OK he isn't gonna win a Hart but the price we paid to get him seems like collusion

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Was at the Devils game tonight. Incredible performance for them. I can't remember a better win in the near past other than beating the Rangers a few times. The Bratt pass to Jack for the goal was a thing of beauty.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Yeah OK he isn't gonna win a Hart but the price we paid to get him seems like collusion

I'm a huge fan of his and I'm happy he's being excellent.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't think the Bruins are ever going to lose again

Also, 3 of the 4 games so far tonight were shutouts, that seems like a pretty high ratio

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Really like the Devils defensive structure this year. Long live low event hockey

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Pens doing that thing again where they put some points on the board then play disaster hockey like they've stopped listening to the coach completely and don't know how to execute the system then execute the system from Jan to mid Feb locking in playoffs before reverting to stupid loving bullshit hockey and then dumping out in the first round.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
The is the defense the Canucks ran out tonight:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Tyler Myers
Luke Schenn
Guillaume Brisebois
Kyle Burroughs
Jack Rathbone

....and beat the loving Penguins 5-1

Jesus poo poo, Pittsburgh, that defense would be an embarrassment in the AHL

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Pens doing that thing again where they put some points on the board then play disaster hockey like they've stopped listening to the coach completely and don't know how to execute the system then execute the system from Jan to mid Feb locking in playoffs before reverting to stupid loving bullshit hockey and then dumping out in the first round.

I agree except that they deserved to beat the Islanders and Rangers and lost due to goaltending.

Their playoff performances the two years before that were disastrous though

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Abbotsford Canucks game had a nice sequence with a BIG HIT leading to a goal (First video is just the hit, second is the full play)

https://twitter.com/ChrisFaber39/status/1586240669341081600

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jett Woo just extended his career by two years with that hit.

Also the Canucks winning ruled, and the fact that a Huggy-Bear pairing is a real possibility warms my cold heart.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
My favorite thing about watching Caps games is the way the two or three times a period Ovechkin plays a little defense, their broadcasters lavish him with praise in exactly the same tone parents use to praise their two year old for going potty all by himself.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/status/1586178117927948288

:3:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/giana_jade/status/1586365568571281409?s=46&t=HCup759rwl132Gy2QjSJ3w

Sounds less than ideal

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

I agree except that they deserved to beat the Islanders and Rangers and lost due to goaltending.

Their playoff performances the two years before that were disastrous though

In New Yorker voice that's actually from Jersey Deserve ain't got nothing to do with it

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

mcmagic posted:

The Bratt pass to Jack for the goal was a thing of beauty.

Seems to be the theme for this season, Bratt being amazing.

Devils are tied for 2nd in the East with the Flyers, I didn't have this on my Bingo card.

I thought the Bruins were supposed to be hosed with injuries too?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Maple Leafs lose to Sharks as troubling trends persist: ‘We gotta execute’

Yes, but who do we start with?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

"back revision" sounds pretty loving gnarly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Diet Crack posted:

Seems to be the theme for this season, Bratt being amazing.

Devils are tied for 2nd in the East with the Flyers, I didn't have this on my Bingo card.

I thought the Bruins were supposed to be hosed with injuries too?

So far they've played Washington, Arizona, Florida, Ottawa, Anaheim, Minnesota, Dallas, Detroit and Columbus.

They've been pretty fortunate schedule wise getting to play mostly trash tier losers during the major injuries. Now Marchand came back, but McAvoy is still out.