Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Heh, Zenguya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

Felix's replies are deranged

https://twitter.com/mandelaface/status/1586083781118930944?s=46&t=RFrdjfTUkt6k4rT6lQ4PYQ

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1586056217264238592?s=46&t=VUc-6aHF7B05zyV3oouU0g

Is the conservative response seriously that he was just trying to get Paul Pelosi lol

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Maybe Paul ran over his mother.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
He was really mad about stock trading

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

A bit too Episode 1 for my taste, this latest episode.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Girl God were really funny on Pod About List a while back so I'll keep an open mind

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Jonas Albrecht posted:

A bit too Episode 1 for my taste, this latest episode.

The "Felix is on the ep, you can probably skip it safely" rule for E1 shows holds true even on the chapo feed.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Felix ftw.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The "Felix is on the ep, you can probably skip it safely" rule for E1 shows holds true even on the chapo feed.

:goofy:

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

There’s a lot of chat online about yesterday’s episode being the worst one ever, what are your blokes thoughts on it?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

There’s a lot of chat online about yesterday’s episode being the worst one ever, what are your blokes thoughts on it?

The other people seemed annoying so I stopped listening too quickly to really rate it and decided to start listening to Hinge Points instead.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

you're a moron

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Yeah come on all e1 episodes are terrible.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I love it when Felix comes on E1 and just repeats the same bit he's been obsessed with on chapo for the last month over and over and that's the joke every time. Come on, I think the guys funny on chapo but he's easily the weakest part of any E1 ep he's on. Or any of the streams he pops up on.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

I love it when Felix comes on E1 and just repeats the same bit he's been obsessed with on chapo for the last month over and over and that's the joke every time. Come on, I think the guys funny on chapo but he's easily the weakest part of any E1 ep he's on. Or any of the streams he pops up on.

He's great on the cops episodes, he's great on the biden episodes, and I don't remember Felix even once on Chapo talking about jerking off while ODing on Benadryl

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Yeah come on all e1 episodes are terrible.

Ive tried to get into e1 but I just can't

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Felix has also been the worst part of Chapo for the last two years. He definitely is pretty smart and has good politics, but it’s become clear over time that Felix, 34 year old serial vapist, is probably the most annoying person in any room that he’s standing in. Loving animals that much and then moving to LA of all places is p fail, but moving to LA to hang out with your favorite twitch celebrities and realizing that they’re all jacked & handsome and scoring on Raya while Felix can’t even get a date on Hinge because his face looks like a sandwich someone left out for a few hours… well that’s just a good bit.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

:actually:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

holefoods posted:

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1586056217264238592?s=46&t=VUc-6aHF7B05zyV3oouU0g

Is the conservative response seriously that he was just trying to get Paul Pelosi lol
It seems like the right-wing talking point is that it's probably just typical San Francisco crime (because liberal cities are Fallout-esque hellscapes) or if it's politically motivated then it's Brandon's fault

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Felix is the only part of Chapo worth sticking around for. Will is too content with his life to be funny now and Matt has become a full-time street corner prophet without ever being correct, even by accident

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They're all good and funny actually

selec
Sep 6, 2003

some plague rats posted:

Felix is the only part of Chapo worth sticking around for. Will is too content with his life to be funny now and Matt has become a full-time street corner prophet without ever being correct, even by accident

This is all true except I have a soft spot for Matt because my wife thinks we have the same brain disorders

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Matt is encroaching on Zizek in the incomprehensible ranting field but his mucous game still needs work.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

some plague rats posted:

It was pretty impressive to see the guys on the #1 politics podcast haven't heard of the westminster system.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

some plague rats posted:

Yeah Felix is the draw for me, though I wouldn't be quite that harsh about the other guys. He's obviously the funny one, but I think he's also been the most insightful or thoughtful in some recent episodes at least.

Bust Rodd posted:

Felix has also been the worst part of Chapo for the last two years. He definitely is pretty smart and has good politics, but it’s become clear over time that Felix, 34 year old serial vapist, is probably the most annoying person in any room that he’s standing in. Loving animals that much and then moving to LA of all places is p fail, but moving to LA to hang out with your favorite twitch celebrities and realizing that they’re all jacked & handsome and scoring on Raya while Felix can’t even get a date on Hinge because his face looks like a sandwich someone left out for a few hours… well that’s just a good bit.

I feel like you're just saying he's failing the test on which Chapo you'd want to grab a beer with or something instead of talking about the show.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 29, 2022

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Who cares if they are wrong? 2004 era daily show watching rear end behavior. Just listen for the goofs

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What had Matt gotten wrong?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

He lost a bet to a now unnamed D.Va main once.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What had Matt gotten wrong?

Saagonsa posted:

He lost a bet to a now unnamed D.Va main once.

Yeah, elections mainly. To his credit, he's at least open about being bad at predicting them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
man I thought you guys were exaggerating about this episode. Zenguya is dumb enough to be funny once or twice, but they really thought they'd struck gold with it

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I like Felix because he is the only one who tamps down the insane conspiracy theories and predictions that filter out and make the entire left look like Alex Jones level cranks.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

When I first started listening to Chapo I couldn't tell the the boy's voices apart.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Before Virgil got outed as a sex creep his main utility on the pod was balancing out Matt's manic doomerism. idk if they can find someone else to fill that role who isn't sliding into the DMs of teenagers, but if they can they should.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Yeah Felix is the draw for me, though I wouldn't be quite that harsh about the other guys. He's obviously the funny one, but I think he's also been the most insightful or thoughtful in some recent episodes at least.

I feel like you're just saying he's failing the test on which Chapo you'd want to grab a beer with or something instead of talking about the show.

What’s the best point Felix has made in the last, I dunno, six months? I feel like Will is the man on the street, saying normal things and breaking down how John Q Citizen might feel about a current topic. Matt then rambles incoherently about the psychic and extra-dimensional implications of the subject at hand vis a vis whether or not he’s smoking jays or eating edibles, and Felix just blithely makes references to whatever Wikipedia page he’s currently got bookmarked on FireFox.

Just been a while since Felix made anything approaching a good point, IMHO, and he’s only funny by accident, like when he said Kanye is obviously mentally ill because he’s so annoying.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

some plague rats posted:

I agree with this, I just don't think Felix is funny in skits/E1 style poo poo.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

What’s the best point Felix has made in the last, I dunno, six months? I feel like Will is the man on the street, saying normal things and breaking down how John Q Citizen might feel about a current topic. Matt then rambles incoherently about the psychic and extra-dimensional implications of the subject at hand vis a vis whether or not he’s smoking jays or eating edibles, and Felix just blithely makes references to whatever Wikipedia page he’s currently got bookmarked on FireFox.

Just been a while since Felix made anything approaching a good point, IMHO, and he’s only funny by accident, like when he said Kanye is obviously mentally ill because he’s so annoying.

He was months ahead of the general online populace in predicting the midterms won't be a Republican landslide.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

selec posted:

This is all true except I have a soft spot for Matt because my wife thinks we have the same brain disorders

lol nice

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

When he's not joking, I feel like Felix does a better job than the other guys of talking about the real frustrations people face in their lives (especially when he talks about loneliness, which has come up a couple times recently, and which makes sense given that he did a show with loneliness in the title) rather than just viewing people as abstractions or turning them into caricatures. Also this was definitely part of what I had in mind:

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I like Felix because he is the only one who tamps down the insane conspiracy theories and predictions that filter out and make the entire left look like Alex Jones level cranks.

I really don't understand why someone would even listen to the show anymore if they didn't think Felix was funny, but his twitter account is 100% why I got into it in the first place, so YMMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I agree with this, I just don't think Felix is funny in skits/E1 style poo poo.

That's true but in fairness neither is anyone else