Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Somfin posted:

I think it might be the best mobile game ever made

Def the GOAT mobile game, probably my favorite RL besides Qud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Farquar posted:

Slice & Dice is the GOAT mobile game but only for Android

Yeah it's incredibly good, play a ton on PC and when it finally comes out for iOS it will ruin my productivity

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mithross posted:

Dead cells fully expects you to use a controller. I can’t even imagine trying to use screen controls with that game.

I figured it was either that or a weird quirky setup, since the controls are 'swipe on this orb to turn around, tap this orb to move forward', which is something a total psycho would design.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Slice and Dice one of my favorite games period right now, insane quality for a mobile game tbh

Would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hoplite is so far on the "lite" part of the Roguelite spectrum that I hesitate to even include it but it's an incredible little phone game which will devour hours of your time.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Arzaac posted:

Slice and Dice one of my favorite games period right now, insane quality for a mobile game tbh

Would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone

Thanks for the rec.

Is this some kind of secret class or just a display bug

Only registered members can see post attachments!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Are you playing Generate mode? All classes are randomly generated in it and the name is the seed. There are a lot (a lot) of goofy alternate modes like that

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

goferchan posted:

Are you playing Generate mode? All classes are randomly generated in it and the name is the seed. There are a lot (a lot) of goofy alternate modes like that

Those are tier 4 heroes, so it might not be generate mode. You can get t4 heroes if you permanently kill off a hero (or have a blessing that increases a hero's starting tier).

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Arzaac posted:

Those are tier 4 heroes, so it might not be generate mode. You can get t4 heroes if you permanently kill off a hero (or have a blessing that increases a hero's starting tier).

Yeah that was it, i started with a t3 wizard.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Arzaac posted:

Wait what? How does that work?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's pretty simple, really. You get a hero level up every time you beat an odd level, for a total of 10 levels. If all your heroes are t3 when a hero level up happens (either because you permanently killed a hero before he hit t3, or a hero started at t3 from a blessing) then you'll get to pick a t4 hero.

Allegedly the tiers keep going even higher, but you're gonna have to kill off a lot of your party if you want a t5 or higher hero...

Edit: Yeah, for example, here's a t6 hero

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 28, 2022

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug
Is this is some other mode? i don't know how you would kill off your hero permanently in the modes I've played

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Nope, any mode, there are a couple of ways to do it. There's the t1 item Glass Helmet (+3 hp, death is permanent) or the t7 curse Top Death (you just don't have a top hero). There are a probably a handful of other ways to have a permanently dead hero, those are just the ways I know.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Are T4 characters actually good enough to be better than having one less character?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I mean, potentially? You can frequently carry the endgame with one hero with a busted item combo, so if a t4 hero has a better chance of getting extremely busted it could be worthwhile?

I'd probably say you're better off with the action economy of having 5 heroes though, t4 heroes feels like more of a consolation prize.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
The frequent Rift Wizard posts got me back into the game this week after only making it to realm ~20 about a year ago. I watched a couple of youtube runs here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8ZSi9hwrkiHZI76yvLcR0g and picked up some good habits --- namely using early consumables or easy realms to save up on potions and points until I get a circle or a good shrine. I just got three wins in a row, and I've won maybe 50% of the time in the past few days.

Out of all my winning runs, shrapnel blast ended up yielding my most powerful run, hands down. Just with full upgrades that spell is excellent, though it's 7sp for the last upgrade that actually makes it functional. Stacking Fire Lord + Sorcery Lord + Mystic Power + Mystic Vision + Searing Shrine made it an unbelievably strong blindcasted long range range nuke that was equally good at single target and area damage. Mordred lasted exactly one life per shrapnel blast.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Isn't slics and dice made by a goon?

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

w00tmonger posted:

Isn't slics and dice made by a goon?

Indeed, our very own Tann.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I’m really bad at TOME but having a good time so far. I last played an awful tentacle man that could summon a walking worm but died to a gel with a reflecting shield or something. Almost died to a gunsnake a few times too.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
I just got back into BrogueCE. It's still good.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MrQueasy posted:

I just got back into BrogueCE. It's still good.
i just really wish i could zoom it in (yes i know about making the window larger, i mean zooming in the view) because even full-screen it's a bit hard for me to read....

Mr E posted:

I’m really bad at TOME but having a good time so far. I last played an awful tentacle man that could summon a walking worm but died to a gel with a reflecting shield or something. Almost died to a gunsnake a few times too.
oh worm?

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

Arzaac posted:

It's pretty simple, really. You get a hero level up every time you beat an odd level, for a total of 10 levels. If all your heroes are t3 when a hero level up happens (either because you permanently killed a hero before he hit t3, or a hero started at t3 from a blessing) then you'll get to pick a t4 hero.

Allegedly the tiers keep going even higher, but you're gonna have to kill off a lot of your party if you want a t5 or higher hero...

Edit: Yeah, for example, here's a t6 hero

If you play the custom mode where you can choose your party, choose all one class, the 5th party member to upgrade will get a glitch class upgrade as there are only 4 types per level, and it won't offer you a duplicate. Confirmed with an all Mage run a few builds back.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Goffer posted:

If you play the custom mode where you can choose your party, choose all one class, the 5th party member to upgrade will get a glitch class upgrade as there are only 4 types per level, and it won't offer you a duplicate. Confirmed with an all Mage run a few builds back.

That's pretty old info at this point. Ever since 2.0, not only are there 8 heroes per class for t2 and t3, custom party also explicitly allows duplicate levelups.

...I'm not sure if you can even get glitch anymore. He might be the default option if the game actually glitches, I suppose.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

GetDunked posted:

Indeed, our very own Tann.

My life for youuuu

(Tann I mean, even though I'm sure GetDunked is also wonderful)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

A combination of just having woken up and not having my glasses on made me read that as nft wizard at first.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Agents are GO! posted:

A combination of just having woken up and not having my glasses on made me read that as nft wizard at first.

I would not play that one.

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

aka Grift Wizard

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

Llamadeus posted:

aka Grift Wizard

It's a game where everyone loses! Even people who don't play!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
In nft wizard not only can you not see what upgrades a spell has before you buy it, you also can't see what upgrades a spell has after you buy it, and also the upgrades don't actually do anything, but each one has a unique randomly generated name. I have a fireball spell with Slime Channeling, Burnspark, and Frange Up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Prism posted:

I would not play that one.

Playing it would make me the "miffed wizard".

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

In nft wizard not only can you not see what upgrades a spell has before you buy it, you also can't see what upgrades a spell has after you buy it, and also the upgrades don't actually do anything, but each one has a unique randomly generated name. I have a fireball spell with Slime Channeling, Burnspark, and Frange Up

I hate roguelikes that don't have premafunge mechanics

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Llamadeus posted:

aka Grift Wizard

I would play an anti-crypto parody game! :shobon:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
http://www.beepboopbitcoin.com/

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

Pillbug

Anyone who hasn't played this should. It goes places.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Chin Strap posted:

Anyone who hasn't played this should. It goes places.

Seconded

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh wow I remember the original but didn't realize there was a remake -- sequel? This is great so far

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

roboquest has just had a really huge update and i think its worth checking out again for anyone who didnt enjoy it before:

- huge amount of new weapons, and all the old weapons that shared models with existing ones now have their own models. the quality of the weapon animation and feel is still insanely good compared to its peers in the FPS roguelike field, and even most straight FPS games

- they got rid of the weird cores system for levelling up, weapons are no longer split into like assault/precision/tech so youre never boned if you levelled up your guy into tech and found a sick assault weapon. now weapons are colour coded based on rarity and you can use anything you find.

- levelling up is now picking from distinct perks instead of random stat boosts. for the class who has the sawnoff shotgun melee you can upgrade it into stuff like a spray of missiles or a precision laser that refreshes its cooldown on critical kills

- the art overall has been improved with a lot of additions like crosshatched shading on enemies and the environment which gives it a more detailed look. theres other additions besides that i am just too technically inept to describe them

- loads more enemy variety with some really cool touches. the stationary shield emitters put a teardrop shaped bubble around enemies, and you can follow the tail of the teardrop to find the emitter so youre never stuck just being pissed off trying to find it. its a cool touch that makes it look like a field is actually being emitted rather than magically manifested, and it is helpful to the player.

- more friendly npcs at the 'checkpoint' areas, like a guy who sells little passive perks, a guy who can upgrade your guns so you can keep a gun you like if you are willing to pay, and a guy who sells random, higher-tier guns early on. you spend a persistent currency on them that isnt used for any metaprogression so you pick up enough during a run to buy stuff, but also dont lose all of it if you decide not to spend it.

theyve teased a winter update with a proper map for the areas and more areas besides. its been a slower burn but its shaping up to be a really good competitor to gunfire reborn.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!

juggalo baby coffin posted:

roboquest has just had a really huge update and i think its worth checking out again for anyone who didnt enjoy it before:

Sick, this game always felt like it had very good but kind of sparse bones.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Anyone got thoughts on Shattered Pixel Dungeon? The reviews are great and it goes on sale all the time but I wanna know if anything makes it stand out from the other billion unplayed trad roguelikes I have kicking around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Also thoughts on Terminus if anyone has played it