Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah. Absolutely going to play some more Guilty Gear during this Rev2ival

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

hbd myco and apropos

have to drag myself away from bayo 3 for a few hours, but I will be back

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Happy bday to Myco and apropos

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
played typing of the dead and now that i have a dreamcast emulator i guess ill play sonic adventure

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

tried to start bayo 3 and my switch dock has stopped working. I just wanted to play it on the TV. gently caress me how do I even troubleshoot this

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

muh judgemans

----------------

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

tried to start bayo 3 and my switch dock has stopped working. I just wanted to play it on the TV. gently caress me how do I even troubleshoot this

occasionally when i get a power outage i think the dock somehow crashes (???) and it just works again after unplugging it and plugging it back in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah sometimes if you plug in the HDMI cable before the power cable it causes the dock hardware to freak out. Just plug in the power first and it might work again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've been trying that, think I'm going to unplug everything and leave it overnight in the hope it works some magic. Tried a different HDMI cable and a different Switch so it's definitely the dock, it lights up green briefly when I plug the power cable in so it should be getting power.

My fiancee's laptop also seems to have stopped booting properly so I feel like we must have had a weird power surge or something, my PC was on overnight and has been fine though. Just seems unlikely that both it and the dock stopped working simultaneously as a complete coincidence.

very glad I spent my friday night fruitlessly trying to fix both of these things instead of gaming lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Probably not related but a couple months back I thought my Switch died completely as it wasn’t responding to any combination of charging or button presses but I just left it on the wall charger for like 3 hours and it decided to turn back on.

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've been trying that, think I'm going to unplug everything and leave it overnight in the hope it works some magic. Tried a different HDMI cable and a different Switch so it's definitely the dock, it lights up green briefly when I plug the power cable in so it should be getting power.

My fiancee's laptop also seems to have stopped booting properly so I feel like we must have had a weird power surge or something, my PC was on overnight and has been fine though. Just seems unlikely that both it and the dock stopped working simultaneously as a complete coincidence.

very glad I spent my friday night fruitlessly trying to fix both of these things instead of gaming lol

oh mine did tht for a while, try fully turning the switch off (hold power button for five seconds, select power off), then back on, then plug it back into th dock

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

hmmm, have you tried turning it off then turning it on again?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

gonna try to finish up scorn after wrestling tonight. almost halloween and haven't made a dent in the list of spooky games :/

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
picross is hard!!!!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The SNES one sucks because of the time limit and just overall lack of QOL features that the new games have. I still did all 300 or so puzzles but it was definitely rough.

----------------

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I've got four left on mario special and the time limit is killing me, even with hints

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

More MW2

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Finished the Dishonored dlc missions and moving on to the sequel

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I make completely insane gamer noises when playing picross, like I've been electrocuted

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

world series and astlibra demo

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
still working my way through a replay of divinity os 2

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

playing Mario Strikers: Battle League and it's insanely sick for couch multiplayer

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Morning coffee and Prey

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's time to play gently caress around with some cables all day again so I can use my Switch!! Hooray

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Been playing COUNTER STRIKE GLOBAL OFFENSIVE and learning to make maps for it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gave up and playing Bayo 3 handheld. The demon slave mechanic is going to take some getting used to but it feels pretty badass so far, feels like you can work it into combos incredibly seamlessly

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

mycophobia posted:

I've got four left on mario special and the time limit is killing me, even with hints

I struggled with later stage Mario stuff too, and took a long break. In between, I played Picross S all the way through, and when I went back to Mario, I absolutely destroyed it. You'll get there but it might help to practice different puzzles elsewhere

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Playing Halo: infinite and it reminds me a lot of Reach

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Grip it and rip it posted:

Playing Halo: infinite and it reminds me a lot of Reach

you said th exact same thing last week

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fungah! posted:

you said th exact same thing last week

Lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Grip it and rip it posted:

nhl2020 season mode got me thinking about Reach

----------------

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I struggled with later stage Mario stuff too, and took a long break. In between, I played Picross S all the way through, and when I went back to Mario, I absolutely destroyed it. You'll get there but it might help to practice different puzzles elsewhere

Yeah I've since swapped to warios side, I'm still only at level 3 there

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

Yeah I've since swapped to warios side, I'm still only at level 3 there
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1309009011568672770?s=46&t=T-6ScRJE4W4MZgtNY6PM8Q

----------------

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Coffee and xeno3. Doing another tour of the world to find more side stories before I dig into the huge new chapter 5 zone. Very generous game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i'm going to level up in call of duty. and its going to be beautiful

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Trying to finish up Transmitter scenarios in The Silver Case, then looking for a really big sword in 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Might go out and buy Bayo3. Or I might stay at home on the couch all day. TBD.

----------------