Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Did you really beat it, like with a good ending too, or did you get a bad ending?

Like, what was your map completion percentage by the end?

189% I think. I missed one relic too. I have a save right before the end so I can always go back and fill in the rest :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
When are you playing Rondo of Blood, VG?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

189% I think. I missed one relic too. I have a save right before the end so I can always go back and fill in the rest :)

Alright good, tho I doubt anyone watching would have let you end the game with such a significant portion of the game left if you'd ended it early

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Last Celebration posted:

When are you playing Rondo of Blood, VG?

Not sure! It is definitely now on my list though! I genuinely did not even have Symphony of the Night on my schedule at the start of the year. I have a general list of games I want to play and I try to go between genres for each game. We did a jRPG so we did a card game, then a 2D platformer and then a Zelda. I like to bounce around :)

FirstAidKite posted:

Alright good, tho I doubt anyone watching would have let you end the game with such a significant portion of the game left if you'd ended it early

Yeah I love when I start a game and everyone says: OK this is an all guardian friend run and I have a little goal within the game. :D Chat is very good about making sure I do not miss anything cool!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

Now you can do a master run replay on PS5 and get all the trophies and hear the bad version of the sound/voice acting and take a different route :D

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Veegy is such a good sport, really. He puts up with all sorts of our poo poo, trolling, sometimes handholding and backseating, unbearable amounts of hype, scheming, etc. I think we managed to get him to the brink of the second castle without him suspecting much, though maybe he was just being nice about it, but also he has this uncanny ability to stay unspoiled on some very classic and well-known stuff yet still appreciate it in its proper context when he does play it, which is good because sometimes I get ants in the pants and it takes some effort to position events on the stream just right over chat without spilling the beans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuIWGdcA-ZU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I have a little goal within the game. :D Chat is very good about making sure I do not miss anything cool!

Oh god SaGa is going to either absolutely break you or become your new favorite genre

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have straight up goofed into giving away really big spoilers in chat with VG has managed to completely ignore and be surprised by a few hours later

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Am I going to die in 7 days from having watched this

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Am I going to die in 7 days from having watched this

I've been dying to use it for days but couldn't find a reason. It's cursed as hell isn't it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thinkin bout them beans

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Thinkin bout them beans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW_dQev7SgI

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

I have straight up goofed into giving away really big spoilers in chat with VG has managed to completely ignore and be surprised by a few hours later

Elden Ring spoiler: there's a compass

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I've been dying to use it for days but couldn't find a reason. It's cursed as hell isn't it

Why'd ya spill your beans

e:

dammit

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yeah I have a bit of a weird brain. I did not realise there was a compass on my screen for about 70 hours of Elden Ring. I will see something immediately and blank others. And there is no rhyme nor reason for what it will be. I even get words wrong right in front of me.

I have no idea how it works.

The spoilers thing though is a bit more simple. I do not read or watch stuff about games I am interested in or uninterested in until after I have played them. So my brain almost acts like a colander and allows all the detail to simply pass through my memory banks safely without being added.

It is the only way I can think to explain. I will not absorb anything I see I am interested in because I want to keep myself surprise laden. I chalk it up to another one of my weird brain things. Like the incredible luck. :3:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Maybe it's a British thing, cause I had a mate who would straight up not watch trailers and the ONLY info he knew about a film was the movie posters.

Would vehemently tell you off if you told him anything about a film.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No that's just weird

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Britains? Yeah.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Can an entire game just be a shitpost?

Trombone Champ seeks to answer that question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTB8qLebekE

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I never watch trailers either

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Maybe it's a British thing, cause I had a mate who would straight up not watch trailers and the ONLY info he knew about a film was the movie posters.

I am not like that luckily. I do not go out of my way but if someone is mentioning stuff I will gloss over it and just ignore the stuff and not commit to memory. I also have the ability to block out specific noises. I think it is more a weird veeg thing rather than a Brit thing. :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I love trombone champ

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Symphony of the Night was amazing and I beat it and I feel great!

Just been to the shops to get Wind Waker HD (30 quid) and my WiiU still works and so does Wind Waker so tomorrow I start that! :)

Yesss glad to hear it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I was waiting for him to get the bad ending before hinting there was more but he fought Richter with the holy rod and so was doing no damage to him and killed the orb by accident. It was a classic VG moment.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Okay guys time for you to get out and see TÁR

It rules!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

I said come in! posted:

I like it but the multiplayer is very barebones. In comparison to the last three Call of Duties, this one feels very thrown together and rushed out. I think they had to really split up their time and resources between this and the 2.0 update to Warzone. The Battle Royale mode is way more popular now for CoD, so Activision is focusing the most attention on that, on top of getting rid of almost all of their QA employees because they unionized; so there was almost no bug and exploit testing and the game is pretty buggy.

Oof, maybe I'll hold off until they potentially fix the bugs/add more content. It's a bit disappointing to hear because I had so much fun with the multiplayer in original Modern Warfare 2. You would think that the higher ups would want to make sure that the team would be able make a worthy successor of one of their most liked game in the franchise, but that's Activision for you, I guess. :shrug:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Infinitum posted:

thats called being normal

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Trying to go back and hit some older stuff I missed at the time due to life/work/school etc.

Is the "remaster" GTA trilogy still bad? I actually bought the games on disc back in the day, and the ISOs I made are still chilling, so I have all the 1.0 releases (or whatever they launched with).

Should I just find steam guides for each game and mod the OG ones instead?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Spoilers don't matter

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

spoilers add downforce to the part of the chassis they're attached to

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Spoilers don't matter

I don't particularly care about spoilers but I also don't see why I would deliberately go out of my way to get spoiled (in trailer form or otherwise)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Andrast posted:

I don't particularly care about spoilers but I also don't see why I would deliberately go out of my way to get spoiled (in trailer form or otherwise)

knowing the ending of something and trying to figure out how it will eventually reach that point is, IMO, just as interesting as the basic novelty of surprise

i don't begrudge how people choose to enjoy media, but i would also say that excessive worry over spoilers can become a pathological feature and prevent people from enjoying even the simple pleasure of tantalizing anticipation

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Surprises are cool

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shouldn't be in One Piece then

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Vermain posted:

knowing the ending of something and trying to figure out how it will eventually reach that point is, IMO, just as interesting as the basic novelty of surprise

i don't begrudge how people choose to enjoy media, but i would also say that excessive worry over spoilers can become a pathological feature and prevent people from enjoying even the simple pleasure of tantalizing anticipation

its the other way around actually. the obsessive need to know what is going to happen in advance so as to not feel real tension or unease is a modern sickness brought about by being terminally online.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
obsession with avoiding spoilers is for people who are only interested in seeing a shiny new thing and quickly moving on to the next one. it's not as fun to open a box if you know what's inside after all.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

actually u can avoid spoilers and enjoy the thing over the long term as well. when someone gives you a present, the anticipation and opening is fun, but also the gift inside provides longer lasting joy afterwards. however your internet infected brain can attempt to justify a behavioral type which is very new and runs counter to human history favoring the suspense and anticipation of the unknown over the elimination of all mystery if u wish.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

see also why lots of horror has devolved into jump scares instead of long periods of unresolved tension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Stux what the hell are you going on about, people caring about spoilers is hardly a result of the internet