Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

They could put up a screen and turn it into a drive in movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Sinks must be expensive! Not more expensive than the first guy that slips on the floor and cracks his skull open though.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'm the hand dryer lovingly positioned exactly where it will blow that water onto your pants.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
There is clearly a trap mounted under that countertop, but how does it work?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Arrath posted:

4 team simultaneous squash
3. That house is a trianglish thing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Nitrox posted:

The counter is meant to have a strong slope toward the back wall. where there is a trough that collects the water and feeds it to a hidden drain at the center. From the standing water on the counter, it seems like it doesn't have enough back-slope.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Nitrox posted:

Not very well.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Oh, ow, my loving eyes. I'm not the only one who's getting optical illusioned by this, right?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Nitrox posted:

probably a standard p-trap

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

PurpleXVI posted:

Oh, ow, my loving eyes. I'm not the only one who's getting optical illusioned by this, right?
Wait it's not a giant inexplicable cuboid of cement???

Oh my god it isn't.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

fuckin looney tunes poo poo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Motorcycle: secured

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm sure the house will look great once the owners plant all the trees and topiary they reserved all that space for.
They are going to fill the space right?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This is actually my biggest trigger

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

https://i.imgur.com/irrdrHZ.mp4

PremiumSupport
Aug 17, 2015

The Dave posted:

This is actually my biggest trigger

Mine too.

They've gone to the trouble of making the carport, but didn't pave a path to get a vehicle into it.

GoonyMcGoonface
Sep 11, 2001

Friends don't left friends do ECB
Dinosaur Gum

It's the hard hat that really makes this so good. Safety first!

Tezer
Jul 9, 2001

don't need a stud finder in this one
https://www.redfin.com/WI/Madison/314-Acewood-Blvd-53714/home/89912096

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A story in three pictures

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I can actually smell that house through the pictures. I think the second one just gave me mesothelioma.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

By popular demand posted:

This basement is like, half the basements in the midwest. Let me guess....suburban Wisconsin or maybe Indiana?

Edit: I swear I did not use Google Lens until after I made that post.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Motronic posted:

I can actually smell that house through the pictures. I think the second one just gave me mesothelioma.

I at first thought the drop ceiling panels were wood grain of some sort... blech

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Sirotan posted:

This basement is like, half the basements in the midwest. Let me guess....suburban Wisconsin or maybe Indiana?

Edit: I swear I did not use Google Lens until after I made that post.

Madison, WI!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Motronic posted:

Almost exactly what I was going to comment. I've helped my sister refurbish a house that was previously owned by lifetime smokers who literally never opened the windows. It was disgusting even after quite a bit of cleaning.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Devor posted:

To keep steel from turning completely to rust when exposed to weather, you have a few options:

1. Paint (if paint is pierced, it can rust, needs re-painting depending on how much you care about rust)
2. Weathering steel (aka Corten) - exposure to atmosphere creates a protective layer of rust, which is somewhat self-healing if it gets occasional nicks in it. We make bridges out of it in some conditions - it's not as fragile as you might imagine
3. 1 and 2 together - you can paint weathering steel, give your weathering steel a bit longer life. If the paint is pierced the rust won't eat its way all the way through the thing, unless some force keeps rubbing away at the same spot

I imagine the shipping container uses option 3, since I typically see them painted. If you did a repair with non-weathering steel, it's less protected than using weathering steel.

If you want the look but not the rust, Neolith makes large format sintered stone that mimics the look and is a bombproof cladding. Pricy af though.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

So how much did you buy it for?

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

Okay, maybe it's being acclimated by living in cheap houses in WI most of my life but what's wrong with the basement? Looks normal to me.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

captkirk posted:

Okay, maybe it's being acclimated by living in cheap houses in WI most of my life but what's wrong with the basement? Looks normal to me.

It's asbestos it can be.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Just living my asBESTos life.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
drat I think I've lived there before.

`Nemesis posted:

Madison, WI!

Oh. Nevermind. Somewhere similar.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

Madison, WI!

Word up! :wave:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

`Nemesis posted:

Madison, WI!

I also live in Madison. Cheers, hope you're not paying that 7% interest.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

so many houses in the upper midwest have basements with that exact same "wood" paneling and a drop ceiling

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I'm demolishing a deck today. The posts for the handrails were barely held on with lag bolts, once I cut the balusters I was able to pull them off by hand.

Then here's a minor detail that I understand why people get wrong.

This end is cantilevered, so the joists are supporting the rim, not the other way around. So those hangers are all installed upside down.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

even the tv console has windows

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

what the gently caress is even happening with that wall above the TV

or the mismatched sizes on the sides of the house.

does anyone else smell burnt toast?

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Biblically accurate house

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
That's like looking at one of those illusions where the faces have 2 sets of eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

They almost got something visually pleasing with the windows mirroring each other. But then they hit the entryway and went full gently caress IT TETRIS PILLAR WINDOWS.

The left most windows facing the street feels like the contracter accidentally hosed up the wall and tried to cover rear end by bullying the future homeowners into adding a quad of windows. I hope they got a good deal on them.