Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1586197075091488768?s=20&t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

don’t know if that’s a joke and I’m afraid to find out

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Satire went out of business

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TACD posted:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TACD posted:

The hammer attack is definitely real.

The radicalization on Facebook is probably real. I mean, who isn’t?

San Francisco Zuckerberg General Hospital is definitely real, and it’s the one that Mr. Pelosi was taken to. It’s not the closest to his house, but it may have been the best prepared for his surgery.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Platystemon posted:

San Francisco Zuckerberg General Hospital is definitely real
:negative:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
imagine being half conscious in an ambulance and hearing they're taking you to zuckerberg

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Platystemon posted:

Oh it's real :cool:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics/pelosi-attack-suspect-conspiracy-theories-invs/index.html
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-10-28/pelosi-attack-suspect-david-depape-shared-conspiracy-theories

The usual reactionary Qanon stuff is all there, but he's also a film critic

quote:

“The critics are f— commie gate keepers,” reads a post written two days before the attack on Pelosi. In it, he writes he “enjoyed” the superhero movie. “Fantastic performance by Mr. ‘The Rock’ he carried the movie.”

But the writing quickly jumped to a conspiracy that the movie plot is not about the comic superhero Black Adam, but an effort to push hate against white people. “The real plot of the story was kill all white people,” DePape wrote. “Black adams [sic] was just a plot device for hollywood to push their white hate narrative.”
:dafuq:

strange feelings re Daisy has issued a correction as of 13:28 on Oct 29, 2022

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

quote:

DePape was mentioned in a 2013 San Francisco Chronicle article and was described as a “father figure” to Gypsy Taub, a nudist who lived in a three-bedroom Victorian apartment in Berkeley with her then-fiance and her three children. DePape, who was “a hemp jewelry maker,” was the best man in Taub’s wedding.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

This is she-who-is-goated's husband right?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

yes but at least we have this

https://twitter.com/UnderwaterBepis/status/1584003630792728576

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
thicc

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
If someone jerks to completion are those truly failures

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

The hammer attack is definitely real.

San Francisco Zuckerberg General Hospital is definitely real, and it’s the one that Mr. Pelosi was taken to. It’s not the closest to his house, but it may have been the best prepared for his surgery.

I give Zuckerberg hospital props, because they didn't used to take any insurance, so would treat everyone who got taken their equally in loving them over with massive emergency room bills, regardless of whether they had no insurance or techbro insurance:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/7/18137967/er-bills-zuckerberg-san-francisco-general-hospital

They've probably stopped doing it now based on the backlash.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

(That recipe thing is why most recipe sites online have big blogs nobody reads about how their grandma used to serve this dish. The blog post is actually a copyrightable work although the recipe on its own is not.)

There is also Search Engine Optimization value in just blathering on and on. Research shows you're more likely to rank if you put more words on the page. (It is a deeply stupid system when you get down to it, and the incentives in Google's algorithms have greatly contributed to the decreasing quality of Google search.)

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

imagine being half conscious in an ambulance and hearing they're taking you to zuckerberg

I'd just ask them to let me out.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/ashleylynch/status/1586287585093378048

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

his review of black adam is actually mostly a rant about the last jedi

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1586419517764562944#m

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Its crime right. Its gotta be crime

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Initially sexy but actually dissonantly sexless. A good metaphor for the current moment

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Oh so it's a crime now to buy gold bricks and leave them out in public parks and call it r&d now?!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Actually it's a tax write-off.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Warmachine posted:

yeah but with that magnitude of money being shoveled down a hole it's basically guaranteed there's some enron flavors of creative accounting shenanigans happening somewhere to help the money magically vanish in ways that someone finds beneficial

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Warmachine posted:

$25 billion a year is a quarter of their entire yearly profits. its absolute madness, but also turns out hilariously terrible results. so who is to say if it's good or not

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

A Bakers Cousin posted:

You'd think for that kind of money the crime would be better. For $250b I'd expect new laws declaring that voting will now take place exclusively in the metaverse and a government assistance program to help everyone in the US purchase a headset.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

TACD posted:

You'd think for that kind of money the crime would be better. For $250b I'd expect new laws declaring that voting will now take place exclusively in the metaverse and a government assistance program to help everyone in the US purchase a headset.

that kind of money is like 3x the amount it would cost to buy every single person in the US an Oculus VR headset

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

all of that money has been used in trying to make zuccs avatar non-repulsive to humans

they keep having to pay off the relatives of the poor bastards who are chosen as focus group subjects

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

TACD posted:

Yea or like, legs at least.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

another failed Goon project :sad:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Not sure about Nintendo, but those others are software only companies. Remember that Facebook has their VR headset thing so they have a lot more expenses for hardware development than just software dev salaries.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

ymgve posted:

Not sure about Nintendo, but those others are software only companies. Remember that Facebook has their VR headset thing so they have a lot more expenses for hardware development than just software dev salaries.
counter counter point: Nintendo makes Mario, a fun game I enjoy spending time in that features legs on the characters, and Facebook just drove my aunt and uncle to become insane preppers

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Sega does what nintendont

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

ymgve posted:

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

that kind of money is like 3x the amount it would cost to buy every single person in the US an Oculus VR headset

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Yes, but have you accounted for the amount of grift that needs to be paid as part of the program?

Gotta embezzle those founds somehow.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
the thing is that while it would be really dumb to just give everyone a free oculus, it would actually make more sense as a business plan than whatever the gently caress they’re actually doing, and if Zuck really believed the Metaverse were the future, it would be a financially sound move

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Universal Basic Treats

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Zuck: "we know how to make legs now. er, actually scratch that."
meanwhile

https://twitter.com/Benaclejames/status/1586453891498926080?s=20&t=4ggSpt1RAHEmJRsSsOn8eQ

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

ymgve posted:

The other companies mentioned in the text of the Tweet are software companies; the ones in the chart include Boeing, Tesla and the Apollo program…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

Zuck: "we know how to make legs now. er, actually scratch that."
meanwhile

https://twitter.com/Benaclejames/status/1586453891498926080?s=20&t=4ggSpt1RAHEmJRsSsOn8eQ

you're in VR chat, can't you just display text? :confused: