Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Caliban should be somewhat under the control of Prospero, so it probably will not be one of the kids outside of a twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also Gundam Caliban is too cool a name to not use.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Are there any other character equivalents besides the obvious ones? (Lady Prospera is Prospero, Suletta is Miranda, Miorine is Ferdinand, Delling is a fusion of Antonio and the king of Naples, Aerial is Ariel, Jeturk dad might be Sebastian given he tries to kill Delling?)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Though honestly, we got those two Lfrith-type kits coming in 2023, those might be the Calibans.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Waffleman_ posted:

Though honestly, we got those two Lfrith-type kits coming in 2023, those might be the Calibans.

There is also some speculation that the two kits might combine, because they both appear somewhat deformed individually but make up a more human looking and complete unit when combined. It's not just the short limbs either, but the fact they both only have one over the shoulder cannon/thruster pod each. If you combine them the asymmetry goes though, making it, again, look more complete.

tsob fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 28, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Perhaps the Gundam Pharact is the second Llfrith unit after undergoing extensive modification.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Gundam Pharact sounds sorta like a play on cataphract and it makes me smile

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

thatbastardken posted:

calling it now: the reason they haven't been mining Permet on Luna is because it's incredibly dangerous and the colony drop sequence will be Delling blowing up the moon for profits/to kill a Gundam.

They are mining Permet on Luna now.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah that's why Mercury has become even more destitute and Suletta came to the academy to bring more colonists

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Are there any other character equivalents besides the obvious ones? (Lady Prospera is Prospero, Suletta is Miranda, Miorine is Ferdinand, Delling is a fusion of Antonio and the king of Naples, Aerial is Ariel, Jeturk dad might be Sebastian given he tries to kill Delling?)

Sarius Zenneli is very Gonzalo, old reasonable and wise, possibly regretful of how the ochs earth operation went down.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/aurahack/status/1586093358916972545?s=20&t=ntVGS78C3_gyWnj1LOZOyQ

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Buschmaki posted:

Gundam Pharact sounds sorta like a play on cataphract and it makes me smile

Cataphract just makes me think of Battletech, but IBO was way more Battletech-y

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It should've been Run;1 Fight;2

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah I was going to suggest something like maybe the original Lfrith will also be our Caliban. It could be some kind of armoured mode or something to disguise it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The original Lfrith is already probably Aerial.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
You're all thinking about this too hard. Obviously Caliber is Aerial, and she's the part of Aerial's brain that's meant for war where Aerial's meant for basically everything else. This is also why Caliber will rebel and support Suletta because Caliber hates being made to only do one thing, but at the same time this fucks up actually piloting Aerial since the two of them fight too much, and the finale upgrade happens when Suletta gets them to agree for once

This is all an analogy for the Industrial Revolution, because

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Weekly preview screenshot's up.
It's Elan in a space suit - is it already time to see Pharact in action?

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Did somebody already suggest Elan potentially being an android? I forget what brought it up.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ranzear posted:

Did somebody already suggest Elan potentially being an android? I forget what brought it up.

He's emotionless, and I'm guessing people were going off the X-ray shot in the OP of the person with short hair and an entirely mechanical torso under their skin, though they don't look like Elan:

My original guess was maybe Nika (hair colour and eyebrows look right), but I rewatched the prologue earlier this week and this is one of the images in the expository montage about GUND tech, so I'm not sure it's even meant to point at an actual character in the show.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I would have guessed "genetically modified newtype-equivalent", if we're throwing out wild theories

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ranzear posted:

That's been my running theory, but I'm hinging my assumption on absolutely nothing other than it'd be cool I guess and that one old lady in the prologue wanted people to have better bodies and full on androids would be the next step in that coordinator/innovator advancing the human race style :shepface:.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Lemon-Lime posted:

My original guess was maybe Nika (hair colour and eyebrows look right), but I rewatched the prologue earlier this week and this is one of the images in the expository montage about GUND tech, so I'm not sure it's even meant to point at an actual character in the show.

Yea, that's just an example of the extensive cybernetics that GUND made possible.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
Also that the four heads of Peil are creepy almost clones, so them making a test-tube baby to be the perfect "definitely not GUND tech" super soldier that they can then sell on, seems a likely direction for the show.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

MonsterEnvy posted:

They are mining Permet on Luna now.

yeah but they weren't previously.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/180223/status/1586360085407625218?s=46&t=2636IaBrlfg5A_wqZ2Rgig

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I doubt Elan's an android because AI seems like advanced tech in this setting: Ariel's is seemingly head and shoulders above the rest but not on the level of a human beings.

The screenshot above is of GUND tech being used to help people medically live in space. I assume it's showing someone whose skeleton or musculature got replaced.

I could believe Elan is genetically modified but otherwise human, or else has cybernetic implants.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Those don’t really look similar at all.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Those don’t really look similar at all.

No, but there's enough more obvious Utena references to make even the less obvious ones a bit more plausible.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Google Utena Chuchu

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Ranzear posted:

I suggested that he possibly was a few pages back, so you may be thinking of that? I dismissed it as a possibility though for the same reason Ammat The Ankh i.e. it seems like even the rather relatively tame AI in the Darilbalde was a big deal, and Aerial's will probably be a game-changer if/when it comes up, so Peil Technologies already having one that can pass as human, even if an emotionally stunted human, seems unlikely. You'd also imagine that if they can create AI, they'd be pushing it commercially. I'm betting Elan is a clone personally, mostly because the 4 heads of Peil Technologies already seem to be clones themselves given they all look like variations on the one person. Which is probably the original owner of Peil Tech.

I imagine Elan is a perfected clone of that one person too, because Elan has the same hair color as all 4 current heads and while his eyes are a really vivid green, most of their eyes are quite a dull green. One of them appears to have hazel eyes instead, but I'm willing to put that down to them being imperfect clones of the original donor, all with different defects in height, weight and, in this case, eye color. Maybe the emotional disaffection Elan has is a defect itself, but I think it's probably a deliberate choice to make him a better pilot and product by the heads of Peil, given (a) the theme of lovely parents and corporate douchery and (b) it seems to fit more with his melancholy attitude about it when he spoke about how falling in love is the one thing he'd never do if it were a deliberate choice that he's affected by, even if only in a distant way due to the emotional stunting, rather than getting used to it if it was an unfortunate defect. If that makes sense.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i think elan just has somewhat muted emotions and personal expressions and is otherwise a normal biological human

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Couldn’t those four people look alike because they’re related

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Sees one introvert: YO THAT GUY'S CLEARLY A ROBOT

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gripweed posted:

Couldn’t those four people look alike because they’re related

Sure, always possible. Wild speculation is fun though, and honestly, I'd think relations would have at least a little more variation and them being clones feels like it'd fit more to me given the generally creepy vibe they're giving off. Could be completely off the mark on them and Elan though :shrug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's Gundam, sometimes people are just weird.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/tanin050/status/1586287919228407809

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Sees one introvert: YO THAT GUY'S CLEARLY A ROBOT

Robots can be introverts. Maybe that's why he's not friends with all the haros. They're too outgoing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what if chuchu is a robot

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I don't think it's too much of a wild guess that Elan might have something going on with him, given he's the only character not directly linked to Ochs Earth/Vanadis that has a Gundam listed as a personal mobile suit in the official material, but I'd think the extent of it would be, like, GUND implants. Unless we find out that Dr. Cardo is alive and working for Peil Technologies, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'll believe it when there's more to it than "kid's kinda quiet"