Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
So I've been flying around Eve releasing items from the Goonwaffe Impounded tab.

As a primer in obscure eve mechanics, stuff gets impounded in three ways:
  • A corporation office is unrented with stuff in hangars
  • Delivered corporation jobs when an office is unrented with stuff being built
  • A character biomasses while a member of the corp

That third bullet is key. Because most of the time it's just velators and reapers and a whole lot of nothing. But occasionally it's a whole lot of something. There are literally hundreds of stations I need to go through, but instead of trying to get that stuff to Jita or claim it and sell it for riches I don't need, I'm giving it away in a lottery.

Goons that were active in the month of october are in a random lottery to be contracted the goods. They can accept and go retrieve, or do a random and contract it forward. Thought it would be a fun little game that really doesn't take anything but the time I'm spending flying to every station (since of course you can't release items remotely because CCP).

A few goons have gotten the random vagabond or typhoon, but there's been a surprising number of Zephyrs, Genolution implants, and other rare collectors items. The jackpot so far has been this haul
http://www.evepraisal.com/a/159kuk that Manga Meat won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
X-post from GEWNS thread

andromache posted:

So I've been flying around Eve releasing items from the Goonwaffe Impounded tab.
<snip>
The jackpot so far has been this haul

I have never used the -praisel sites, so I don’t know if I’m reading this page right (on phon!), but Goddamn that’s a lot of clothes. Especially for a game where 100% of your time is in a ship or capsule.

My capsule always has a SKIN, though, because I wanna look good in PAPI screenshots when my Slasher is blown up. Shouts out to Labien (as FC) and all the folks answering my questions on my first two fleets in a T1 Burst last night. No fights happened, but I had my watchlist and anchor/orbiting set up by the time the second fleet was packing in! Turns out I’m trained into Logi stuff already, and I hope to do it while training towards a Jaguar and Flycatcher!

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

DerekSmartymans posted:

Shouts out to Labien (as FC) and all the folks answering my questions on my first two fleets in a T1 Burst last night.

Hey, I was on that fleet in a Scalpel. Yeah, it was pretty boring, but I had to get free stuff from atrum some way or the other.

Also yes do train to a flycatcher, because they're used to save krab goons they're by far the most used fleet comp.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

I would also like to post about new content/leaks

-sun exploding leading to highsec abyssal changes
-more jump clones
-more contracts
-pulsing gates, pochven 2 (probably just something to do with the sun, don't worry)
-alpha clones can't disable safety, ie no alphas ganking

more good changes, looking forward to their financial report to see why they've started doing this.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
I just want to point out that Delta Sqad's record of achievements in the last couple of years is off the charts: first, the Sqad of (what started as) like twelve people turned the Beeitnam War around, kickstarting the defeat of the PAPI megacoalition three times Goonswarm's size. Then, having sent PAPI fleeing in disarray after their year-long campaign, Delta Sqad turned around and did in three weeks what PAPI couldn't accomplish with 150k people over the course of a year: they defeated Mittani. Delta Sqad: 2. The entire rest of nullsec: 0. Just let that sink in.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

what, like pull missions for people? is it decent money?

close, actually - both

you can pull the Burner missions and pay someone from my org 25m to go run it; and then you just vibe until we do (We only run burners, nothing else) - then you turn it in for like 80m worth of LP

another mechanic is if you have someone in fleet with you while you turn it in, you have the option of sharing the rewards - the isk, the LP, and the standings gain

people will pay to have this shared with them (I can't remember the going price right now I think it's about 40m), specifically for the standings gain from the turn in - so that they do not have to do the rep grind, the benefit to this is you

the benefit to this for you is that you get immediate liquid isk and don't have to market pvp for it, while still getting half the LP

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Dalmuti posted:

I just want to point out that Delta Sqad's record of achievements in the last couple of years is off the charts: first, the Sqad of (what started as) like twelve people turned the Beeitnam War around, kickstarting the defeat of the PAPI megacoalition three times Goonswarm's size. Then, having sent PAPI fleeing in disarray after their year-long campaign, Delta Sqad turned around and did in three weeks what PAPI couldn't accomplish with 150k people over the course of a year: they defeated Mittani. Delta Sqad: 2. The entire rest of nullsec: 0. Just let that sink in.

only thing that would have been better is if furnok dorn got on the csm and left a poop on ccp's desk

maybe a type 4, smooth, like a sausage or snake?

neurobasalmedium
Sep 12, 2012

learnincurve posted:

A lot of eve is about old men bitching because they ain't 22 any more, eve in 2004 and 2008 was grindy as poo poo and fleet warfare was horrible. What they are remembering is being 22 and hanging out with their mates on Team speak.

CCP wants to re-boot eve TV and eve Radio but with actual young people because god drat, the 17 year old potential audience isn't going to watch brisc and whatever drunk he has dragged in front of a camera this week.

Ahh the days of taking a Titan bridge and waking up in your clone station 2 hours later having never loaded grid

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

titan bridge?

more like having jumped 20 gates manually with suas being loud as gently caress and yelling if someone didn't want to play along with his red light green light power tripping poo poo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

WilWheaton posted:

titan bridge?

more like having jumped 20 gates manually with suas being loud as gently caress and yelling if someone didn't want to play along with his red light green light power tripping poo poo

I would take that for 1000 years instead of 10 minutes with boat

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

That Works posted:

yeah I repressed that entirely, I just vaguely remember a dog barking

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

That Works posted:

my favourite boat fleet was him having "good reliable intel" from a "friend" that there were four rorquals afk mining in vale protected by a single nyx. we slow burned halfway around nullsec, met up with a "friendly" blops, and opened the bridge.

"gate is green gate is green gate is WAIT poo poo gently caress RED GATE IS RED GATE IS RED gently caress poo poo FUUUUUUUUUUUCK"

it was four nyxes and a rorqual

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i always liked boat subcap ops he did a lot of bombers and hs griefing that were either successful or failed in fun ways

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Lol lmao

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

:aloom:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I think our good friend Kocicek has finally made a good post

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

floppyspud posted:

Hey, I was on that fleet in a Scalpel. Yeah, it was pretty boring, but I had to get free stuff from atrum some way or the other.

Also yes do train to a flycatcher, because they're used to save krab goons they're by far the most used fleet comp.

I checked last night and I actually can fly the T2 logi stuff…but I really want to get more comfy in the T1s from the free frigates program (simply as “less capable” to me means “less responsible” for being a part of, for instance, a cap chain cog when I’ve never even used a shield booster or drone yet!). I was super pumped but also glad my watchlist questions weren’t asked under fire :derp:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Oh, right. I heard Skymarshall was fired.

Why do did we even have a peacetime Skymarshall?

We're just going to have to fire them at the start of every proper war anyway. In favour of someone who has the time to manage a war.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I knew the Goon swear jar was going to just expose how rotten GSF was down to the core, and gently caress me I've been proved right

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

DerekSmartymans posted:

I checked last night and I actually can fly the T2 logi stuff…but I really want to get more comfy in the T1s from the free frigates program (simply as “less capable” to me means “less responsible” for being a part of, for instance, a cap chain cog when I’ve never even used a shield booster or drone yet!). I was super pumped but also glad my watchlist questions weren’t asked under fire :derp:

Yeah I don't really know the in and outs of logi, I just rep people and anchor. I'm pretty sure that's most of it tbh.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

andromache posted:

That third bullet is key. Because most of the time it's just velators and reapers and a whole lot of nothing. But occasionally it's a whole lot of something. There are literally hundreds of stations I need to go through, but instead of trying to get that stuff to Jita or claim it and sell it for riches I don't need, I'm giving it away in a lottery.

Goons that were active in the month of october are in a random lottery to be contracted the goods. They can accept and go retrieve, or do a random and contract it forward. Thought it would be a fun little game that really doesn't take anything but the time I'm spending flying to every station (since of course you can't release items remotely because CCP).

A few goons have gotten the random vagabond or typhoon, but there's been a surprising number of Zephyrs, Genolution implants, and other rare collectors items. The jackpot so far has been this haul

I just got this beast of a procurer contracted to me, thanks!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

andromache posted:

give me stuff

consider this my entrance into the lottery

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Solus posted:

Lol lmao

why would delta do this, again

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

give me stuff

consider this my entrance into the lottery

Lord Hand just won this impressive pile of poo poo http://www.evepraisal.com/a/159r80

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

The beekeepers taking down the actual Skymarshall is, if anything. A mild relief. Perhaps the system can come to work.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The beekeepers didn’t do anything to him - please read

He’s saying they’re a dogshit org that’s actively harassing people with their power which is one of the ways I feared this would go lmao

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Solus posted:

The beekeepers didn’t do anything to him - please read

He’s saying they’re a dogshit org that’s actively harassing people with their power which is one of the ways I feared this would go lmao

Have you considered that what happened to him was fully warranted and that this is him lashing out?

I had a lot of fears about the beekeepers, but none of them was "people in power might face too much accountability"

I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
What do you think happened to him? He wasn’t fired, nothing of the sort

I’m pretty sure your reading comprehension is in the toilet because nothing in that screenshot involves beekeepers going after him

Solus fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 30, 2022

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/yh0acd/an_open_letter_to_goonswarm_leadership/

Read the whole thing lmao - he quit (and made his first good post)

Solus fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 30, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

He's been personally under investigation by the beekeepers for weeks for continuously abusive behaviour.

This is not him making a grand stand against an unjust system. This is him lashing out because the beekeepers told him to stop being so toxic towards people.

No, I'm not interested in what he has to say on reddit about it.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 30, 2022

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Lmao you are painfully stupid

Kocicek. - “I'm sure my meme-ing on idiots has received it's fair share of reports, none that have been real enough for someone to even talk to me about but i'm certain that some have been entered.” - also here’s 4 other reasons I’m leaving that multiple other people can attest to

You, a brain genius “this is because beekeepers talked to him”

Solus fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 30, 2022

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
e
v
e

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I’m actually gonna quote the whole thing so you can either be forced to read it or acknowledge the fact you’re blindly defending a situation you know sweet gently caress all about. Either way it might actually help you

quote:

Hello Space Friends,

For those of you who may not know me, I am the former skymarshal, a former director of fleet command and coordination, and former mainline fc of goonswarm federation. I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate and a bunch of poo poo will be made up about me stealing poo poo or something in the coming weeks, as has been the trend following other individuals who say the same problems as I. However, I thought it important to voice the concerns publicly that I have been screaming in directorate channels for the last several years. Ultimately these, plus a wide range of little bullshit, motivated me to stop trying to drive the org forward through near constant resistance to adaptation. When I joined goons in 2019, my game knowledge was extremely limited. In the last 3 years I've learnt a lot about how the game works, and drastically more about how the game worked a decade ago. Unfortunately for Goons, they are still trying to play the game the way it worked a decade ago with the PCU of a decade ago. This brings me to my first major reason for leaving:

Goon Leadership is so stagnant it doesn't even recognize the game has changed.
In the last several months it has been my goal to get people back into space in a variety of different ways. Whether that be from bringing UPG back into the fold and opening the goon pochven opportunities, reopening capital ratting by building a system from scratch, or creating a multitude of unused guides on how to krab, wormhole, mining, or do just about anything in eve. Unfortunately the progress of each of these systems was stonewalled by afk leadership preventing any meaningful progress for literal months. Arguably the best part of goons was it's ability to adapt to change, unfortunately that adaptability has been replaced by the desire to play eve circa 2016 and relive the glory days of old friends instead of defining metas like they did a lifetime ago. Sure people grow up and get real lives to focus on, but at least make a minimal effort to bring the community back up to full strength by replacing those who refuse to be involved. The implications of this issue are wide stretching effective orgs from the top of the org down to the lowliest sig in the org.

2) Goons "anti-harassment" system is being abused to harass specific individuals within gsf, and the imperium as a whole. (literally not me before someone gets upset lmao)

This is a broad issue, one that i don't intend to dive too far into. I'm sure my meme-ing on idiots has received it's fair share of reports, none that have been real enough for someone to even talk to me about but i'm certain that some have been entered. Suffice to say, everything people tell you about fake reporting is happening in this system. I'm sure it's been utilized to stop some actual valid harassment as well, but this whole thing is a power tripping poo poo show. Don't believe me? Ask them for evidence on why they are demanding someone be banned and watch some power tripping beekeeper try to ban someone from a non-imperium alliance over a discord meme name. I've raised this issue 3 separate times, with three separate equally ridiculous incidents, in leadership channels and the standard response has been "we are gonna ignore it until the problem goes away".

3) Persistent nepotism

One of the largest challenges with goonswarm federation's leadership is that often people are hired based solely on who they are friends with and not their talent at their job. They are also kept in a role they are not doing because of who they are friends with. There are countless examples of this throughout goonswarm history, I will work under the assumption that these are self-evident to the majority of people although perhaps that is an error. If it is not self-evident please refer to the conversation regarding wormholes and krab sigs, you know where it is or the several hundred others I've raised.

4) Tolerance for incompetence

No I don't mean of the line goon. Goons are dumb, we know this, we love this. When your senior leadership is unaware of problems you and others around you have been raising for 3 years straight, or when you have a director who has not participated in anything related to their org in over a year there is no other way to phrase this but blatant incompetence. Perhaps you feel you have no other choice, or perhaps like the situation i was in someone is holding a gun to your head to prevent you from firing incompetent leaders. I don't know, i don't care to know anymore, but i truly hope you figure it out for the sake of your line members.

5) Blaming it on "the game is dying"

To Asher's credit he is trying to squelch this one. Blaming everything that goes wrong or poorly for the org on "the game is dying" or "Eve is dead" does a hilarious disservice to your members. Is eve dying? Probably. Is that the only reason GSF is dying? No. Put some time into unfucking your org, or get out of the way of the people who are already trying to do that.

It's too late for me, but perhaps it's not too late for them. spodblessup

o7

kocicek

He’s wildly correct on points 1, 3, and 4 by the way

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Feliday Melody posted:

The beekeepers taking down the actual Skymarshall

Feliday Melody posted:

No, I'm not interested in what he has to say on reddit about it.

lol imagine being so confidently wrong

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Solus posted:

I’m actually gonna quote the whole thing so you can either be forced to read it or acknowledge the fact you’re blindly defending a situation you know sweet gently caress all about. Either way it might actually help you

He’s wildly correct on points 1, 3, and 4 by the way

lol tldr get dunked on sexpest

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
If kocicek is a sexpest, then by all means I’d love to tell him to gently caress off forever. I’d really hope we’re not just trying to score sad dunks though.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Solus posted:

If kocicek is a sexpest, then by all means I’d love to tell him to gently caress off forever. I’d really hope we’re not just trying to score sad dunks though.

He's not a sexpest. He's just abusive in general to the people around him.

I'm surprised that you, of all people, come to his defence. You sacrificed yourself in demonstration against abusive behaviour.

And here when against all odds. The Alliance starts to take action against a high ranking member for abusive behaviour. You fanatically come to his defence and take every word of his for granted.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Solus posted:

One lesson I took from the whole Mittens drama was we took Alex's word that there was nothing wrong with Xenuria, it'd all been looked into, all good.

If this guy is clean, okay, sorry, but still, ignoring complaints is exactly the problem that got us here so I'm sorry, guy, but if they're really digging into trivial complaints, that's a big improvement over the old system where major complaints were buried by management.

Just my $0.02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Feliday Melody posted:

And here when against all odds. The Alliance starts to take action against a high ranking member for abusive behaviour. You fanatically come to his defence and take every word of his for granted.

His other points are all things I have personally experienced and are wildly correct. Those things you’ve refused to read and understand why GSF is being driven into the dirt. “Fanatically defend” my rear end.

He’s claimed he was never spoken to, and you’re in here claiming he was fired and people were taking action.

Make it make sense lmao

Solus fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 30, 2022