Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nyoro posted:

I'm really late to Zhongli's first story quest but wow I think the god of salt is the one god that has gotten a worse rap than Nahida so far???

at least Nahida hasn't been murdered by her own people (yet)

That we know of...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was apparently understating Nilou's special blooms; apparently they can now hit for 30k.

It's also much easier using this team now that I know how she works.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, in plain bloom builds no character or weapon is going to influence damage more than Nilou. It locks you into a specific team type, but boy does it make that team worthwhile.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Actually, Collei's not so bad. With Fav bow, her energy is good enough that she can use the strong A/D/C deepwoods I've been picking up, and her being a bow is actually occasionally useful. Gonna actually level her and only use DMC for teams with hard 20s rotations I think.

Opinion salvaged at the last minute :)

Edit: actually I think someone said something similar before and I ignored them lol. In my defense, the 20s teams I usually used DMC in also had Raiden in them, so I ignored her energy problems for a long time.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 29, 2022

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm using collei because you need a dendro for sumeru puzzles presumably and she is my only choice :shrug:

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Nyoro posted:

I'm using collei because you need a dendro for sumeru puzzles presumably and she is my only choice :shrug:

Literally why she's permafree now, as far as I can tell.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Nyoro posted:

Most of them have dendroculus things nearby, so you could use anyone's charged attack/aimed shot with those. I wouldn't recommend it, because it's slow as hell, but it's technically doable. Unless you tried doing this with yelan, because then it's a crapshoot as to what the stupid dendro thing will actually target.

But yes, collei's pretty good, just not fischl. Also her na chain has her throwing boomerangs, and that's pretty neat.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zenostein posted:

But yes, collei's pretty good, just not fischl. Also her na chain has her throwing boomerangs, and that's pretty neat.

There needs to be a Dendro Fischl that spawns a plant that attacks enemies with its roots like a StarCraft Lurker.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

There needs to be a Dendro Fischl that spawns a plant that attacks enemies with its roots like a StarCraft Lurker.

Make them plant a seed in the ground that either spawns a pea shooter from Plants vs Zombies or a Saibaman

Kale
May 14, 2010

I still don't understand why they won't put the Gnostic Chorus on the battle pass so I can just be rid of the janky PS4 app for good. It's super inconvenient for people long term to do it this way considering what if they registered with a phone or their phone breaks, or their Playstation hardware breaks down and they just don't have one for a while but still want to top up from another device. It literally loses them potential income in a variety of scenarios.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nyoro posted:

That's what dendro MC is for.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Nyoro posted:

I'm really late to Zhongli's first story quest but wow I think the god of salt is the one god that has gotten a worse rap than Nahida so far???

at least Nahida hasn't been murdered by her own people (yet)

I think what happened to both of them is far too tragic for words like "better" and "worse" to create meaningful absolute comparisons.

But, if I wanted to compare them, I might say that the God of Salt suffered a crueller fate, as a pacifist born in a time of war, but her people turned on her in a moment of desperation. Nahida has been more cruelly treated, in smaller ways but constant, with everyone who knows the truth of the Akasha also choosing to harden their hearts.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Venti and Zhongli’s “party every night” and “beloved and efficient ruler of a nation” lives seem to be pretty nice compared to the more recent archons we’ve met.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The next archon’s going to be revealed as suffering from a curse which causes them to spill hot soup down their front every time they try to eat it.

It only gets darker from there.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Do we know what 4* weapons will be on the next banner? I need to make a decision soon.

Against my better judgment I'm wishing on a weapon banner cuz I'm peeved about getting a 2nd skyward spine on the standard banner. I'd like something else, any 5* weapon that's not the skyward spine or aquila favonia. At least with the weapon banner my inevitable 3rd skyward spine can't be at 82 pity. :shobon:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Venti and Zhongli’s “party every night” and “beloved and efficient ruler of a nation” lives seem to be pretty nice compared to the more recent archons we’ve met.
None of the archons we've met seem to really want the job: Venti mostly just lets Mondstadt run itself, Zhongli got it down to one appearance a year and then came up with an elaborate scheme to quit even doing that, Ei built a robot to rule Inazuma for her so she could meditate, and Nahida isn't really sure she can do the whole job but at least wants to reach Venti-tier.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Zenostein posted:

I just gave it a whirl, and it seems like unless you're in exactly the right range (i.e. basically melee range) autoaim does some weird poo poo. Yelan was blasting at the floor and happily shooting under it when it flew up, until I took a few steps forward. Very odd. I hadn't noticed, because the only thing bow users are needed for is spamming arrows in the general area of it's head/wings when it flies up anyway.

Did a run on this boss today with Fischl, and Oz has the same problem. If Oz isn't in the right range, he doesn't fire. Weird that Hoyoverse programmed this boss that way.

Aside from that think I'm going to save this boss for co-op runs. While it's doable solo (much in the same way as the Ruin Serpent for Yelan/Heizou mats) co-op certainly makes it less of a slog.

Speaking of boss run co-op... has anyone who has done co-op runs on the Primo Geovishap ever noticed that if Barbara is on the team that when it does its burrow/pop-up it tends to run towards her? The group I play with has seen that A LOT. Kinda wondering if the Geovishap has a thing for idols.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I generally don't pay attention to the plot, but (spoilers for new players who haven't gone through Mondstadt/Liyue) what ever happened to Gnosisquest 2020? Like that was very much a thing that seems to have been dropped entirely because Ei doesn't have a gnosis for reasons and Sig got vaporized. Maybe they decided lightning girl was, for once, an actual archon you shouldn't gently caress with but I don't remember it even coming up.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mailer posted:

I generally don't pay attention to the plot, but (spoilers for new players who haven't gone through Mondstadt/Liyue) what ever happened to Gnosisquest 2020? Like that was very much a thing that seems to have been dropped entirely because Ei doesn't have a gnosis for reasons and Sig got vaporized. Maybe they decided lightning girl was, for once, an actual archon you shouldn't gently caress with but I don't remember it even coming up.

Ei had a Gnosis, but she gave it to Yae for safekeeping when she went to meditate inside her own mind. And Yae traded it to Scaramouche in exchange for the Traveler's safety. Nahida's Gnosis is also outside of her control and is being used by the Sages of Sumeru to power the internet. Presumably the Doctor will take it after this arc. Basically the Fatui end up taking it every time, but even as early as Zhongli the archons don't really seem to care.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 30, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mailer posted:

They very specifically cover this. Ei left her gnosis with Yae Miko for safekeeping before her 500-year nap. Yae has been holding onto it the whole time, but in the Sangonomiya island arc she ends up trading it to Scaramouche to save the Traveler after they get owned by him in a cutscene. here's the cutscene. Then a bit later in the Labyrinth Warriors event Childe had dialogue about Scara going AWOL with the gnosis and the fatui not knowing wtf he was doing.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Clarste posted:

Ei had a Gnosis, but she gave it to Yae for safekeeping when when went to meditate inside her own mind. And Yae traded it to Scaramouche in exchange for the Traveler's safety. Nahida's Gnosis is also outside of her control and is being used by the Sages of Sumeru to power the internet. Presumably the Doctor will take it after this arc. Basically the Fatui end up taking it every time, but even as early as Zhongli the archons don't really seem to care.

It also doesn't particularly seem to affect them either. Like with Venti and Zhongli it kind of makes sense, they're both trying to give up the role and power. Raiden just keeps being a god abd doesn't seem to notice, comment or do anything less godly in the stories that follow. So I'm kinda left wondering what the heck a gnosis actually does.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Coolness Averted posted:

It also doesn't particularly seem to affect them either. Like with Venti and Zhongli it kind of makes sense, they're both trying to give up the role and power. Raiden just keeps being a god abd doesn't seem to notice, comment or do anything less godly in the stories that follow. So I'm kinda left wondering what the heck a gnosis actually does.

I think the only one we know does something is the geo gnosis. Zhongli can no longer create mora without it. Other than that, we know that they are specifically tied to celestia. I don't think it's said but i suspect they were only given to the archons after the archon war, and it's clear that the archon's don't need them for their day to day power.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
We know the dendro gnosis powers the Akasha and it's hinted at the Electro gnosis let Ei create the puppets.

On another note, is the Cyno quest the first time we see Paimon display aerial acrobatics? She's really zipping around. Before it was implied she was just hovering. In the Childe fight, she not only falls when the floor collapses, she even hits the ground.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
The Gnoses don't do anything on their own, but if you collect all seven of them, you can summon a divine dragon to grant you a single wish.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

The Gnoses don't do anything on their own, but if you collect all seven of them, you can summon a divine dragon to grant you a single wish.

my wish: Dehya to stomp on me

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
These suspicious food descriptions are really something special :barf:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I would still gladly eat the first two

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i dont like cheese

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
The game needs a feast mechanic where you invite a set number of characters to eat a set number of dishes and get a mini cutscene and friendship points. The food-lore is going to waste.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Clarste posted:

*learning me some stuff*

Thanks. I'm waaaay behind on my 3.x content and had to turboskip through a mountain of the late 2.x content in order to do events, so that was all a mystery.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Nyoro posted:

my wish: Dehya to stomp on me

-10 Dunyarzad points

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Garrand posted:

I think the only one we know does something is the geo gnosis. Zhongli can no longer create mora without it. Other than that, we know that they are specifically tied to celestia. I don't think it's said but i suspect they were only given to the archons after the archon war, and it's clear that the archon's don't need them for their day to day power.

Venti mentioned in this latest event that he was glad all anyone wished for was a sign he was there, because he can't do as much now. I figure the Gnosis has a lot of an Archon's power, but nowhere near all of it--probably because, as you suggest, they were all already at least minor gods beforehand. Doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to put Venti and Zhongli a bit above most Vision users, and presumably Ei a lot higher up because while they drank wine and ran a country, she studied the blade.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
For whatever reason, it seems the gnosis is what is holding the massive powers that archons have over lesser gods.

Presumably they're all generally better than regular dudes as a matter of experience or something. Even if no god we've met has actually done much fighting after that war ended.

Happy Underpants posted:

The game needs a feast mechanic where you invite a set number of characters to eat a set number of dishes and get a mini cutscene and friendship points. The food-lore is going to waste.

Last time they tried that, they broke the stupid teapot. Also, it's still funny that they made hu tao's useless passive so you can get all that exciting food lore, and then just decided to let you gently caress up dishes on your own.

ReverendHammer posted:

Did a run on this boss today with Fischl, and Oz has the same problem. If Oz isn't in the right range, he doesn't fire. Weird that Hoyoverse programmed this boss that way.

Aside from that think I'm going to save this boss for co-op runs. While it's doable solo (much in the same way as the Ruin Serpent for Yelan/Heizou mats) co-op certainly makes it less of a slog.

Speaking of boss run co-op... has anyone who has done co-op runs on the Primo Geovishap ever noticed that if Barbara is on the team that when it does its burrow/pop-up it tends to run towards her? The group I play with has seen that A LOT. Kinda wondering if the Geovishap has a thing for idols.

It's still going to be easier solo, coop adds hp. You probably don't want to hear this, but just gin up a team that does elemental damage and has a bow; when you get the message that it's resisting whatever, it'll fly up. When that happens, find a good angle and just spam arrows at the jet-looking things on the wings, hit both of them and it'll fall, lose its resistance, and be dazed. It's nowhere near as annoying as the snake.

I freely admit I only know this because I managed to get an achievement for it, and looked at the rest of them, which spell out its various weaknesses.

Can't speak for the second bit, but really now, who wouldn't beeline for the idol over some psycho with a sword? Incidentally, it's absolutely terrible that people in sumeru do not clap when nilou waves a sword in their face.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Maybe the Primo Geovishap is just targeting the character with the most HP, under the assumption that they're the tank? Or rather, if you program your mob to beeline to the glass cannon types that's a good way to piss off your players.

e: I'm assuming that the Barbara in question is running HP/HP/HP and not some kind of ATK/Hydro/Crit meme build.

sandorius fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 30, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Is it just me, or is Maguu Kenki like 50 times harder than every other world boss?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Clarste posted:

Is it just me, or is Maguu Kenki like 50 times harder than every other world boss?

It's a huge pain in the rear end with it's super wide heavy hitting attack ranges that get even bigger below 50% and all the teleporting around and out of attacks yeah. It's similar to Raiden in that regard as it seems like it's hard wired to do some sort of teleport move the moment you unleash a big burst attack. I also had trouble with the Thunder Manifestation from time to back when I still needed to farm it for stuff. In general Inazuma just seems to have the nastiest all around enemies and the only ever real instance of power creep IMO. Mondstadt/Liyue enemies (with the exception of Azhdaha) are practically a joke compared to the Inazuma ones and Sumeru so far hasn't really had any bosses that do annoying poo poo like teleporting or floating out of range of attacks and is at most on par with Inazuma in terms of HP Pools and enemy stats etc.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

He is. He dodges with a huge jump,ranged attacks that are harder to avoid, and an AoE that is literally impossible to dodge with smaller characters if you don’t know it’s coming.

Blocking ranged attacks with a shield is an extra F U

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Clarste posted:

He's 50 times more obnoxious that's for sure

So sick of that motherfucker just teleporting out of my perfectly timed nukes...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Zenostein posted:

it's still funny that they made hu tao's useless passive

Hu Tao's passive used to be pretty good because not all foods had a duplication percentage chance, specifically stamina consumption reduction foods. Now those foods do have a character, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Kale posted:

it's hard wired to do some sort of teleport move the moment you unleash a big burst attack

Between his big attacks, Mr. Maguu will decide whether or not you're too close to him. If you're up in his personal space, he'll teleport away. You actually need to back off between attacks, almost to the distance where he nullifies your long-range attacks. When he's getting ready to fire off one of his moves, you get in close, then nullify his damage with shields/parries/burst animations. Deal some damage then back off.

Even if you know how to dance with him, he can still stunlock you with a sudden wind blade combo. He really is the worst.