Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
does weed make your sleep worse at all? i notice i dont dream at all on weed and i've heard random poo poo about REM sleep but i'm too lazy to look into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Weed interferes with your short term memory, my guess is you're dreaming and not remembering it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Weed interferes with your short term memory, my guess is you're dreaming and not remembering it.

That's pretty much it, yeah.

If I lay off weed for a while it takes about a week to start remembering dreams again. But I prefer the light switch on/off thing I've got going, even if I only get 4-5 hours.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Sunk Dunk posted:

does weed make your sleep worse at all? i notice i dont dream at all on weed and i've heard random poo poo about REM sleep but i'm too lazy to look into it

I wouldn't say I sleep worse, but I don't dream on weed either. The random stuff about REM sleep is when you take a tolerance break and start dreaming normally again.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
if you keep smoking weed often enough you do dream again, as I do. does weed help with sleep...yes and sometimes no, but mostly it keeps me from descending into a panic attack at night before bed. sometimes edibles gently caress with my sleep.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
I'm a daily smoker and I've come to realize that I think I've been dreaming for a while now, but because I never tried to remember them I just assumed that I couldn't. Until I did 🤔

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

ProfessorMarvel posted:

I'm a daily smoker and I've come to realize that I think I've been dreaming for a while now, but because I never tried to remember them I just assumed that I couldn't. Until I did 🤔

The trick to remembering your dreams is to just try and remember them. The more you try to remember, the more you will, to the point of it being obnoxious and exhausting. I've been doing this for years before I started using weed, filling up loving notebooks when I wake up, so adding weed didn't get rid of them.

I ate a brownie at 8 last night and probably didn't fall asleep until 10:30, but at least lying there I wasn't having a panic attack about not falling asleep, which is probably why I was able to fall asleep at all.

I then dreamt that Bill Maher was sitting next to me and he was just as annoying as you'd expect. He was mad that my knee was touching the line of his couch cushion because he was trying to manspread and I wouldn't let him.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My SP Siderarm bubbler arrived today, and it's loving amazing. It produces so much cooling from such a tiny footprint.

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1585985685378715648

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I was feeling a bit depressed and splashed out on a TinyMight 2.

No longer depressed, this thing is amazing.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Been feeling funny thanks to that dang virus. Feeling better today now which means I'm also feeling funny for, y'know, weed reasons.

Thanks for the impromptu T break, Covid!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
o drat my starship got here in 2 days

amazon style shipping up in this bitch

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

ReelBigLizard posted:

I was feeling a bit depressed and splashed out on a TinyMight 2.

No longer depressed, this thing is amazing.

Hell yeah, still the only vape I’ve used since it arrived. I actually have stems from both High Artisan and Good Vibe Boros showing up today.

e: hey they showed up

Good Vibes Boro on the left, he rarely has stems on his store but posted to instragram that more will be soon (tonight or tomorrow) and also makes Anvil / Dynavap stems so here's his link: https://goodvibesboro.com/store/

High Artisan on the right: https://highartisan.com/collections/tinymight-accessories

fuctifino posted:

I'm hoping to try a TinyMight 2 in a few weeks when I meet up with a friend. I've only heard good things about them.

I think you would really enjoy it! I've been trying to get all my weed doing friends into one. It's just such an efficient and delicious delivery method. Best way I've found to actually taste the plant, and get a low buzz day-high without overdoing it on a dynavap. My favorite thing about it is definitely starting a bowl on 3, sitting on that for several hits, then either cashing it out or going up to 6 and basically repeating the process, but with a more couch stoned vibe at the end of it. Flower vaping when you can reliably control the temp and have it be handheld? yessss

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 28, 2022

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm hoping to try a TinyMight 2 in a few weeks when I meet up with a friend. I've only heard good things about them.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
It's really, really nice - design, build, operation, flavour, cleaning. All great.

If I have any criticisms the optional capsules are a bit over-engineered and expensive, and the button is unprotected and I did manage to bump it on in my pocket.

The party piece though - Thing literally goes 0-200 in <5 seconds. Functionally on-demand vapour is a huge change up.

onesixtwo posted:

My favorite thing about it is definitely starting a bowl on 3, sitting on that for several hits, then either cashing it out or going up to 6 and basically repeating the process, but with a more couch stoned vibe at the end of it. Flower vaping when you can reliably control the temp and have it be handheld? yessss

I'm still messing around with the temp. Had a good time at 7 and went to see a magic show.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

ReelBigLizard posted:

the button is unprotected and I did manage to bump it on in my pocket.

The button will basically always be bumping into stuff in a bag / pocket yeah, but make sure you turn the dial to 0, that will prevent it from starting up or turning on.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Looking forward to dinner with my sister tonight, then back home to deal with that pesky leftover weed cookie problem

shame, that problem, on a friday night with no responsibilities at all till monday

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Waffle! posted:

My last guy was selling better medical bud than I could get legit. How does the urban legend about tainted weed still persist in this day and age when dispensaries are everywhere?

In Australia at least, the vast majority of street weed absolutely is tainted bullshit full of plant growth regulators

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

SwissDonkey posted:

In Australia at least, the vast majority of street weed absolutely is tainted bullshit full of plant growth regulators

There's a lot of street weed in the UK that's CBD bud which has been sprayed with synthetics.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

got high and started farting about with dalle 2 again.

told it to show me a photo of a praying mantis on a psychadelic weed bud and this is what I got back:

I really like the first and third ones. :okpos:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Carth Dookie posted:

I really like the first and third ones. :okpos:

third one in particular reminds me of the Insulindian Phasmid from Disco Elysium

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
for anyone who has the starship - what is the airflow control thing at the bottom? which way should i have this slid?

e: holy gently caress one hit off this thing has me gone

Sunk Dunk fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 29, 2022

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
ONE OF US :2bong:

Edit: closed for a relaxed evening, open with a double tap for the 7 second blinkout if you need to get to space.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

WampaLord posted:

third one in particular reminds me of the Insulindian Phasmid from Disco Elysium

that is not a thing I would have expected in a choose your own murder mystery game (I know its not really that but its kind of what you're lead to believe it is at first).

I should really get around to playing it

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Sunk Dunk posted:

for anyone who has the starship - what is the airflow control thing at the bottom? which way should i have this slid?

e: holy gently caress one hit off this thing has me gone
if you use it with the pipe adapter you will need it in the open position to be able to clear it as there's no hole in the glass

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Carth Dookie posted:

that is not a thing I would have expected in a choose your own murder mystery game (I know its not really that but its kind of what you're lead to believe it is at first).

I should really get around to playing it

it is an absolutely fantastic game, legit the best written game i have played, may even be my favorite game of all time. i have played through it like 6 times already

if you do play through it, on your first time through, just roll with any failures you get. you can save scum for success on subsequent runs if you want, but the game is definitely about embracing failure and rolling with the punches and some of the skill fails are the funniest parts of the entire game

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

people are constantly recommending that game to me and it conceptually looks cool but personally i just cannot stand playing any video game where most of the gameplay consists of dialogue choices and thats kind of what it looks like the game is in every screenshot

its weird because i love reading irl, but i hate reading in video games

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Earwicker posted:

people are constantly recommending that game to me and it conceptually looks cool but personally i just cannot stand playing any video game where most of the gameplay consists of dialogue choices and thats kind of what it looks like the game is in every screenshot

its weird because i love reading irl, but i hate reading in video games

if it helps, it got an update that now includes full voice acting for every line, so you don't have to actually read it all, but yes dialogue is definitely the main thing you will be doing

but it is the best dialogue system ever, it actually remembers what you said and takes into account things you didn't say or didn't know, you can figure stuff out ahead of time and trip up people with it, it's just really neat how much the game tracks and has consequences for

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I’m like 5 hours into Disco Elysium on the Deck and I’m not sure yet. It’s definitely a game I have to be fully engaged with. Feels more like an interactive movie so far.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
It is that, but what got me all in was the realization that the skill-based dialogue options were just as likely to be red herrings, wrong answers, or straight up relationship killers. Not just that leaving one aspect underdeveloped might make some task difficult, but that overdeveloping another aspect will just make that voice louder and more talkative (not necessarily more accurate, and maybe even less so). I don't think I've played a game that leaned so far into the "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" concept, as opposed to just inherently encouraging a min-max approach of one kind of another.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

This thing fuuuuuuucks

onesixtwo posted:

The button will basically always be bumping into stuff in a bag / pocket yeah, but make sure you turn the dial to 0, that will prevent it from starting up or turning on.

Thanks this was a good shout

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

fyi if you have multiple dynavap tips you can get an analog starship for $20

https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/double-dynavap-universal-glass-adapter

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

lol everybody was at the dispensary today happy Halloweeeeeed :spooky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGz1b9M9u0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kYUf-Qncss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luctm7knRx0

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
My dispensery keeps moving their opening date back by a week

I feel as if I'm waiting on a dealer to show up , like as if weed (legal of not) has temporal displacement and *must* involve waiting

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jestery posted:

My dispensery keeps moving their opening date back by a week

I feel as if I'm waiting on a dealer to show up , like as if weed (legal of not) has temporal displacement and *must* involve waiting

even the plants do this

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
ok i am now a starship shill. my tolerance is high as gently caress and one medium hit off the starship sends me to the international space station

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Fine. I'll buy one, jeez

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
fine, fine, I'll charge mine

e. lol nevermind it still had a charge

deeeelicious canna organix watermelon og cart

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 31, 2022

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
If only it was compatible with pax pods. I only have one 510 right now.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I just hit the dynavap a bunch, it was quite nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

deeeelicious canna organix watermelon og cart

seeing the chamber fill up with vapor is so fun every time