Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

nexous posted:

Creamy Garlic Chicken Spanakopita Skillet

Made that a month ago, can confirm it’s hella good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

Steak tacos with homemade mango habanero sauce (made with homegrown habaneros).

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

bird with big dick posted:

Dan Dan noodles and garlic honey pork belly

fax me your leftovers

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Need to do a chopped style challenge wherein someone picks 5 ingredients and see who makes what out of it

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Seared ahi coated in black sesame seeds (bit over cooked on account of my wife’s fear of eating undercooked food) on asparagus and rice. With Chinese fermented bean sauce.

Bean sauce was the mvp. Really tied the dish together. Tuna was great on its own

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Fried Spam is awesome. It goes great with eggs or mac and cheese. If you want budget bacon without the mess I don't know what's better. I've been loving it lately for some reason.

Anyway, I'll share one of my favorite super simple and fast recipes (no SPAM involved).

I eat this potato hash recipe all the time when I feel like I need a wholesome meal. These portions are for one person.

1 Potato /peeled and cubed
1/4 Onion /chopped
1/4 Red Pepper /chopped
1/4 Green Pepper /chopped
2 TBSP cooking oil
1 TBSP Frank's
1-2 Eggs

Preheat over to 400 degrees. Boost potatoes in the microwave for 4 minutes after cubing.
Put 8 inch cast-iron pan on burner at medium heat, add oil and wait for it to lightly smoke.
Add boosted potatoes and cook until brown on many sides, about 5-6 minutes.
Add onions and peppers and continue cooking until they are well singed, about 5 more minutes.
Add Frank's and salt and pepper to your liking. Stir another minute.
Create 1-2 wells in the pan and crack 1-2 eggs depending on your appetite. Another dash of salt and pepper.
Put in oven until the whites on the eggs just barely take. Maybe 5 more minutes.
Mix immediately after taking out of the oven before the yolks set.

It's hard to over-cook this so you don't need to feel rushed when making it. It's a simple recipe that doesn't really require you to look at the clock.

You made me miss my mom :cry:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

nexous posted:

Need to do a chopped style challenge wherein someone picks 5 ingredients and see who makes what out of it

I'd be down

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
An iraqi immigrant opened up a closed down gas station to make a living as a mechanic in my small town, he also opened the diner again, so I went and tried it out. Those meat things are supposed to be some kind of kebab, they where nice. Place looked cool, 80s or late 70s interior still, but it wasn't worn out, just retro looking. Like sitting in a gas station from the 80s again, hope it works out for the guy.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

nexous posted:

I am super down for this. I would be happy to run it myself if no one else wants to be Forums Ted Allen

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Who would choose the ingredients??? Do we get a limited pantry???? DOES SALT COUNT AS AN INGREDIENT:ohdear:???????

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Literally A Person posted:

Who would choose the ingredients??? Do we get a limited pantry???? DOES SALT COUNT AS AN INGREDIENT:ohdear:???????

Well, Salt was going to be the first Secret Ingredient, LAP, but now you ruined it :mad:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

my five ingredients? five different kinds of beans. :smug:

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Literally A Person posted:

It's like magic the gathering. Salt, Pepper, oil, Garlic, and Water are your basic lands.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Jelly posted:

Anyway, I'll share one of my favorite super simple and fast recipes (no SPAM involved).

You made me miss my mom :cry:

Sounds a lot like my carne asada steak potato’s O’Brien

Tangy and hearty

And sorry about your mom, had potatos had cheese had butter so made it work

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Curious what you guys cook with, these are the usual suspects for me, the Dutch and cast iron do a lot of heavy lifting, the pot is for boiling taters/ Mac for the kids, the smaller pot for ramen again for the kids and the non stick gets stuck with breakfast stuff like eggs

Also a slightly smaller cast iron but it still has the scalloped potato leftovers in the fridge

Another side note I live at an altitude of 7200 feet, is so hard to get a malliard reaction up here, poo poo always dries out way before it browns

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 30, 2022

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Swedish dish called sjömansbiff. Beef, potatoes, beer, spices.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

White cheddar macaroni and cheese with hot dogs and drowned in sriracha.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

a sexual elk posted:

Curious what you guys cook with, these are the usual suspects for me, the Dutch and cast iron do a lot of heavy lifting, the pot is for boiling taters/ Mac for the kids, the smaller pot for ramen again for the kids and the non stick gets stuck with breakfast stuff like eggs

Also a slightly smaller cast iron but it still has the scalloped potato leftovers in the fridge

Another side note I live at an altitude of 7200 feet, is so hard to get a malliard reaction up here, poo poo always dries out way before it browns

That's a lot of extraneous hardware, all you really need is an instant pot and a toilet seat

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

a sexual elk posted:

Big (12") non-stick, small (6") non-stick, big rear end dutch oven, cadre of small stainless steel sauce pans, 2 large stock pots.

Jesus it's a lot when I list it out

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

His Divine Shadow posted:

That looks good as hell

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

His Divine Shadow posted:

post holes recipes

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Leftover green curry with tofu, coconut milk, roasted cauliflower, bell pep, and kale. Added these good noodles I got at a massive Asian grocery near me plus some fancy soy sauce and trader joes yuzu hot sauce

lovely pic but the food is p drat tasty

runchild
May 26, 2010

Fried bologna sandwich

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Nostalgia day:

Swedish meatballs with rice.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Pollo Tropical, like a boss B)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

That looks good as hell

Nooner posted:

post holes recipes

Thanks, recipe
800g - 1 kg beef
1 dark porter
0,5l beef broth
2-3 Onions
Flour
Potatoes
Butter

Spices:
Salt
Black pepper
White pepper
Allspice
Bay leaves
Cloves
Fresh thyme
Fresh parsley

Swedish video where its assembled, gives some idea how to put it together:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0MVP_0KNF4

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Halloween means snack spread

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I was going to make an effort for Dia De Muertos and had three short ribs in my sous vide for 30 hours, nice fresh corn salad, home fermented salsa verde, make my own tortillas … wife got food poisoning last night, so I ended up with chicken and rice soup. Fortunately the Mexican will keep a day or so.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Panda Express was out of everything except for shrimp and pepper chicken so I got shrimp and pepper chicken from Panda Express

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Short ribs. Fried rice. Hand rolled pork pot stickers

Tastey

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Taco Tuesday

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Curry noods once more

Now with cilantro bc I remembered I had cilantro

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:same:

However, mine is 1 day old leftover taco bell. :saddowns:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:same:

However, mine is 1 day old leftover taco bell. :saddowns:
Taco Bluesday

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
My spouse has made of the pancakes.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I enjoyed them with peanut butter and jelly making tiny sandwiches that I then consumed.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Going back for more

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Egg and cheese crusted asparagus, crispy tofu with miso and toasted sesame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

Taters and red peppers and sausage skillet