Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Magni posted:

It's just the legendary quality version of the Satarra, the double-barrel Tech shotgun. Though you also get a weapons vendor with a full inventory on top. And of course the chance to get Doom Doom later.

Nope. Militech tries to storm the place in that case, and after you help beat them back Maelstrom will abandon the factory. Because like hell is Militech just gonna let that go. The vendor only moves in if Maelstrom are left in control of the factory.

Yeah, but that kind of sucks because the Satarra is THE tech shotgun, and it’s seemingly the ONLY WEAPON IN THE GAME you can’t craft a legendary version of, which really stings when you are a Crafting/Tech/Shotgun build like me. I have all Smart weapons equipped but I wanna play with Tech Weapons too and a Tech shotgun would way better fill in the gaps of my Netrunning powers than a smart one would.

Oh well, at least now I know it exists, maybe I can go for it on NG+ or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
there's also the achilles which is technically a precision rifle but has spread like a shotgun when hipfired so it works for both

Brian Worms
May 29, 2007
Sovereign is the only shotgun i have eyes for.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Sovereign is real good which makes me kind of sad because I love the Testera and Sovereign is pretty much just a better Testera.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Headsman is up there for sheer comedy value. It lets you shoot off people's torsos!

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Yeah I'm surprised to see no Headsman mention until now, I loved that thing when I was Annihilation stacking

I need to do that again, was sad they didn't make any special LMGs back then. But it was always fun to find a turret and tear it off the base and MORE DAKKA the whole gang

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is the Testera a one handed shotty like the Palica? Because I really hate the Palica even though I like one handed shotties.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Just what Night City needed. Bellbottoms.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/6184

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SplitSoul posted:

Just what Night City needed. Bellbottoms.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/6184

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ARFyrM6gVs

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm still trying to find a mod that opens up all the clothing in the base game for V to wear. There's a lot I've seen NPCs walking around in that isn't an option for the player.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ugh the later my playthrough goes the more actively hostile the game feels towards crafting spec players! Why does buying the blueprints to an Epic gun not also give me the blueprints for Rare and Normal versions of that gun? Why can’t I craft all types of mods and scopes? How come I’m 70+ hours into this playthrough and I only have Leather Booty Shorts as my Legendary craftable clothing? I haven’t seen blueprints at a clothing vendor for like 40 hours, despite checking every shop on in-game reset every time!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Bust Rodd posted:

How come I’m 70+ hours into this playthrough and I only have Leather Booty Shorts as my Legendary craftable clothing?

I don't understand. What other pant options do you need?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the whole point of the wardrobe is it doesn't matter what you actually have on

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I mean, this is basically me before any final quest in an RPG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq1tN9jZI80

That said, I've currently got my Valerie V in a T2-inspired biker get-up, which is fun.

Meanwhile, one thing I wish were a thing is having V comment on the memorials at the Columbarium. Hearing them comment on Ruby Collins' memorial, and no one else's just further highlights how odd it is that they've got gently caress-all to say about the memorials for people like Jackie, Johnny, Alt, Woodman, Evelyn Parker, etc.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 29, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s not about how my character looks, transmogrification works as intended, it’s about there being a seemingly random assortment of craftable patterns, with no UI elements to show you what you’ve got or what you’re missing, or what stores might sell what, or any number of a dozen other things that modern crafting systems have had for a decade to make them more usable or intuitive.

Like, I literally cannot think of another game with fully randomized crafting patterns that don’t have some kind of a knockout system so that players won’t just get locked out of blueprints due to RNG.

It’s really interesting to me how the marketing has kind of shifted gears and CDPR are starting to wind up “well we’re gonna make Cyberpunk Orion actually GOOD this time and it’s gonna be where we put all the cool stuff we wanted in the first game”, because seeing a Cyberpunk game built from the ground up with all these ideas and systems in place really does sound like the best video game ever.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Floppychop posted:

I'm still trying to find a mod that opens up all the clothing in the base game for V to wear. There's a lot I've seen NPCs walking around in that isn't an option for the player.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2987
+
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/4433

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Philippe posted:

I don't understand. What other pant options do you need?

Gym shorts, obv. My V has committed multiple crimes of the century like she was dressed for going to or coming from a Planet Fitness.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Finished Queen of the Highway with my Male V. Maybe I was expecting too much but ehhhhhhh that Panam sex scene was pretty bad. I romanced River with my Fem V for my first playthrough and while I found that sex scene awkward it at least felt genuine and was trying to be tasteful. I think keeping it primarily in 1st person helped a lot with maintaining the intimacy the V/River scene was going for.

Panam and V was... not that. The frequent cutaways to the Basilisk cameras made the whole thing feel a bit scuzzy since those are more blatantly for player gratification than for Panam and V (yes I am aware that both of them being linked to each other via the basilisk means this is technically still all from their point of view, but come on, the cameras are there for the player).

So that was pretty bad. Thankfully the core conflict of Panam's plot is still great between her and Saul. Saul realizing he's the one who needs to change is a good inversion of the typical "rebellious youth learns to temper their passion by heeding the wisdom of elder experience" that these stories so often settle on. It's so nice to see that an aged person can overcome their own stubborn refusal to change and accept that the young need to thrive if they are to survive.

It's good that the core themes of Panam's story are so strong because it feels like the Nomads overall troubles aren't otherwise all that well defined. Saul's deal with Biotechnica is barely mentioned despite it being a serious sticking point for Panam, the Qang Tao and Militech jobs feel like a much more serious corpo response is missing, and for being an omnipresent threat, the Raffen Shiv only show up in Panam's first question and as a cannon fodder surprise attack to let you try out the basilisk cannon in the last quest. Point is that the overall precarious state of the Aldecados isn't very well established. The family struggle aspect is fantastic but the further reaching implications of that fight's outcome leave something to be desired.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Finished Queen of the Highway with my Male V. Maybe I was expecting too much but ehhhhhhh that Panam sex scene was pretty bad. I romanced River with my Fem V for my first playthrough and while I found that sex scene awkward it at least felt genuine and was trying to be tasteful. I think keeping it primarily in 1st person helped a lot with maintaining the intimacy the V/River scene was going for.

Panam and V was... not that. The frequent cutaways to the Basilisk cameras made the whole thing feel a bit scuzzy since those are more blatantly for player gratification than for Panam and V (yes I am aware that both of them being linked to each other via the basilisk means this is technically still all from their point of view, but come on, the cameras are there for the player).

You spend 80 hours gibbing people of all stripes into bloody chunks. A 30 second scene where you can see the side of a tit if you squint isn’t gonna kill you.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You spend 80 hours gibbing people of all stripes into bloody chunks. A 30 second scene where you can see the side of a tit if you squint isn’t gonna kill you.

No it's not going to ruin anything but I can still say it was pretty bad compared to what I've already seen.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Looks like this one just takes all the clothes that are already usable by V and makes it so you can easily buy them. Which is good, but not what I had in mind. I see NPCs with outfits or clothing items that aren't available for V in that shop.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
For fun I tried out the paycho setting for RTX lighting. I can't see much difference between medium and ultra, but you can see a big difference jumping up to Psycho. That second pass of lighting on top of the ultra settings makes some areas look absolutely gorgeous. I was walking through the market near your starting megabuilding and I just had to stop and stare.

It also made the badlands look absolutely incredible. Sun-baked glory my God I would love to see a Fallout New Vegas 2 game use this kind of raytraced lighting if this is how good video game California can look.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Arc Hammer posted:

No it's not going to ruin anything but I can still say it was pretty bad compared to what I've already seen.

It’s literally the only good sex scene in any video game ever, IMO. It’s doing something unique and different, with a character who feels more like a real person than any BioWare side piece, and it meters out the gratuity in a way that still feels immersive. It’s the only sex scene in a video game I would want to show someone and be like “isn’t this neat? What do you think?”, every other sex scene in the game is skin-peeling levels of cringe and I’d be ashamed to turn to anyone next to me on a couch and say “yeah, this is how I like to spend my free time, playin vidja games.”

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:goofy:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s literally the only good sex scene in any video game ever, IMO. It’s doing something unique and different, with a character who feels more like a real person than any BioWare side piece, and it meters out the gratuity in a way that still feels immersive. It’s the only sex scene in a video game I would want to show someone and be like “isn’t this neat? What do you think?”, every other sex scene in the game is skin-peeling levels of cringe and I’d be ashamed to turn to anyone next to me on a couch and say “yeah, this is how I like to spend my free time, playin vidja games.”

no horny

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Never go full Bust Rod.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I’m not horny and this wasn’t a horny post, I’m just disagreeing that a sex scene in this game was bad, I happen to think it’s good, and beyond that, I think it’s the only good one. No horny posting here. This isn’t the place to be inappropriately aroused by video game characters, I know that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRGrNDV2mKc

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really mean :goofy: this time.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I thought the Judy one was fine :shrug:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Kinda weird how we're allowed too post Sex Scene Bad and go hmmyes but when anyone goes Sex Scene Good the horny bat comes out

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Sex scenes fine but my first femV had a penis and the sex scenes did absolutely nothing to reflect that :reject:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the kerry sex scene was extremely cool

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Arc Hammer posted:

Is the Testera a one handed shotty like the Palica? Because I really hate the Palica even though I like one handed shotties.

The Palica is disappointing but I can't say the Testera is. It's a short shotty that fires both barrels at once. If you don't have Sovereign then it rules.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 30, 2022

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Bust Rodd posted:

the mental image of Bust Rodd saying "hey come on over sit on this couch and watch this video game sex scene to consider its artistry in a non-horny way" is irl short circuit

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hey edna come look im about to gently caress the mad max lady

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The sex scenes at best feel kind of pulpy and I feel that is appropriate for the genre

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I keep forgetting to do the River romance. That and the Rogue ones are the only two I haven't seen, but I don't care about the Rogue one and how the hell am I supposed to have V pick River over Judy? Like ordering chicken fingers at a steak house that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Robobot posted:

I keep forgetting to do the River romance. That and the Rogue ones are the only two I haven't seen, but I don't care about the Rogue one and how the hell am I supposed to have V pick River over Judy? Like ordering chicken fingers at a steak house that.

I thought the River one was cute. Guy was trying to impress you with some "old family recipe" cooking (that he found on the net if you look at his open laptop tabs), you get to play VR games with his niece and nephew and his sister is pretty supportive. He's pretty blunt about the trauma he's gone through but he's managed to get over it and he generally just wants to be a good person in a city that doesn't care. He's normal, and that's fine.

Shame about his phone calls being bugged so there's no audio or animation during them, and after you finish his romance he and his family are frozen in the geometry of their trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
river is a sweetheart but is also a cop and you know what that means