Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I've been using health sync for ages. It's a third party app. Not sure if Health Connect does a better job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
I have a Garmin watch that I like, but I'm considering switching to a WearOS smartwatch with LTE to help give myself more of an excuse to leave my phone at home occasionally.

Is a current gen Pixel or Galaxy Watch really better to the point that I should be paying more than double what I can get a Galaxy Watch 4 for? Has there been a big enough jump in the newest generation that it makes it worthwhile?

I also have to check with my carrier to see if they still have a limitation that you can't pair a Galaxy Watch for number sharing unless you use a Samsung phone to do it.

edit: haha, what. Google Maps doesn't work on WearOS without a phone tethered via bluetooth, even on an LTE enabled watch? That's real dumb! Or it sort of works sometimes, but if you leave your phone disconnected too long the watch gets mad?

edit2: Also, Google Maps on watch won't do transit directions, which is the best google maps feature

T.C. fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 30, 2022

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

T.C. posted:

I have a Garmin watch that I like, but I'm considering switching to a WearOS smartwatch with LTE to help give myself more of an excuse to leave my phone at home occasionally.

Is a current gen Pixel or Galaxy Watch really better to the point that I should be paying more than double what I can get a Galaxy Watch 4 for? Has there been a big enough jump in the newest generation that it makes it worthwhile?

I also have to check with my carrier to see if they still have a limitation that you can't pair a Galaxy Watch for number sharing unless you use a Samsung phone to do it.

edit: haha, what. Google Maps doesn't work on WearOS without a phone tethered via bluetooth, even on an LTE enabled watch? That's real dumb! Or it sort of works sometimes, but if you leave your phone disconnected too long the watch gets mad?

edit2: Also, Google Maps on watch won't do transit directions, which is the best google maps feature

I don't think there's a real difference between a Watch 4 and a Watch 5, except for the 5 Pro which has a larger battery.

Now I'm wondering if the Pixel Watch has any advantages over the Watch 4/5. It's pretty much worse in all regards including price, right?

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

BabyFur Denny posted:

I've been using health sync for ages. It's a third party app. Not sure if Health Connect does a better job?

Nah, HC is still early days in terms of support. It's promising that they mostly seem to be keeping to the timeframe they stated at Google IO (Google Fit/Samsung Health/Fitbit by "Fall 2022"). HC being positioned as a White label intermediary database makes it more likely that Garmin will come onboard this time round (though they'll probably be Write only like their iOS Healthkit integration).

T.C. posted:

I'd say stick with Garmin and take another look in a year. By then there should be some momentum from Google taking the category seriously* and your LTE use case gaps may be filled.

(* seriously meaning doing the bare minimum and keeping the WearOS versions on their services updated/competitive/actually existing)

Don't Ask posted:

Now I'm wondering if the Pixel Watch has any advantages over the Watch 4/5. It's pretty much worse in all regards including price, right?

Day 1 access to Wear OS betas + being married to Samsung Health for workout/health data creation if Google continue being restrictive about the native wearable Fitbit app (by keeping it Google hardware only and/or forcing some sort of "Powered by Fitbit" branding/certification which Samsung has historically avoided.)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I really like the Pixel Watch - they really nailed the Pixel feel of it. There's excellent integrations with Google's apps.

If you are not interested in the Pixel ecosystem do not bother with it. The battery life is awful - I have to turn off the flip to wake to even get it through the day. By the time I go to bed at midnight or so it's at 30%. It's a small watch. My hand is average size and it looks small on me. It has a clear Gen 1 feel to it. There's definitely something... awesome there and I think in time it will be the king of the Android watches.

If you are interested in trying Gen 1 tech that has a lot of really cool ideas ladened with clear shortcomings, sure, get the Pixel Watch. Otherwise I wouldn't bother, and this is coming from someone who daily drives it. I will say the thing I was most worried about, the bezels, is a non issue when wearing it. They do a really good job with the UI where you don't even think about them after ~2 hours of wearing it, and I haven't thought about it until sitting down to write this post.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I've got like a day to buy/get reimbursed for a fitness tracker through work; given I've got big wrists is a Galaxy Watch 5 kind of the go-to option atm?

Realistically I do already have a Garmin so this will probably end up getting regifted but seems a shame to waste the perk, and I do kind of want to see if I end up actually using watch apps vOv.

foutre fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 1, 2022

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005

bull3964 posted:

Come on Fitbit and enable that integration!

It came live today (assuming you haven't already seen).

foutre posted:

I've got like a day to buy/get reimbursed for a fitness tracker through work; given I've got big wrists is a Galaxy Watch 5 kind of the go-to option atm?

Realistically I do already have a Garmin so this will probably end up getting regifted but seems a shame to waste the perk, and I do kind of want to see if I end up actually using watch apps vOv.

GW5 is the only big Wear OS 3+ option atm (until Google stop holding the Assistant hostage from Qualcomm chips at least).

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Vagrancy posted:

It came live today (assuming you haven't already seen).

Excellent. I hadn’t seen. Looks like it’s still write only for now, but it helps.

All my fitbit recorded workouts are now showing Heart points in Fit and also being correctly identified and populated into Samsung Health.

I still would like Samsung to add step writing to health connect so I wouldn’t need the Fit app on my Galaxy watches to keep track and sync that metric, but we’re inching closer.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Noticing some quirks after I enabled Fitbit.

You can set sleep data priority, but for now it looks like it's overriding all data in all apps. I was away with my Galaxy Watch over the weekend and recorded sleep, but now the entries are missing for those days in Samsung Health and the only sleep data showing is from Fitbit on other days.

My heart rate for the days I was wearing my Galaxy watch have disappeared out of Fit and I'm only seeing Fitbit heart rate now.

Now all the data is still there. If I go into Heath Connect and look at the raw date, the sleep from Samsung Heath is still there and so is all the Heart Rate data. So it appears to be a display issue, maybe it will sort itself out.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, either Health Connect or Fit is kinda bugged when it comes to heart rate data.

I wore my Pixel Watch overnight and this morning until I took a shower and it was almost dead so I put it on the charger. After I got out of the shower, I put my GW5 Pro back on. I later checked and I was happy to see that the heart rate data continued on just fine all the way to 12:30pm when I decided to switch back to the Pixel Watch. Now, an hour later, I go back and look at the heartrate in fit and there's a gap that coincides with when I was wearing the Galaxy Watch.

Kinda.

It still has entries from the first half hour of me wearing the GW5 Pro, but drops the next 90 minutes after that which were there before.

The data is all IN health connect though. If I go and look at the data listing there I can see all the Samsung Health heartrate data for the missing time (including Friday though Sunday as well that no longer shows up in Fit.) It's like the switch between Samsung Health and Fitibit in the data stream caused the former to all get dropped.

Also, Samsung Health is not reading in data from Fitbit for heart rate even though it has read access. I wonder if that's because there's a device attached that also enters in heart rate data (the watch) so it ignores data from the Health Connect store.

I guess the good news is that if I had an app that just read out and charted all the data I have in health connect, everything would be there. The writing all seems to be great and steps seem to be tracking across Fit and Fitbit without issue.

It is interesting that even though Fitbit heart rate doesn't seem to be coming into Samsung Health, my workouts from Fitbit ARE coming in complete with heartrate breakdown.

I guess it is still early preview so things may evolve. I should probably gather together my findings and leave feadback since I'm likely one of the few people that has a Pixel Watch, a standalone Fitbit device, and a Galaxy Watch.

Edit: And as I was finishing this up, the data gap for today vanished and all the Samsung Health data is back. Still don't have Samsung Health data from Fri-Sun though even though it's all in health connect.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Maybe someone here knows how to fix this. On my Galaxy Watch4, when I get a notification I'll feel the vibration, but when I look at my watch, it shows a digital time a bit above center (not my normal watch face) with a blurred-out version of the notification behind it. I have to tap the watch to actually read the notification. Did I turn on some weird setting somewhere? I can't find anything relevant in the Galaxy Wear app.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad

hooah posted:

Maybe someone here knows how to fix this. On my Galaxy Watch4, when I get a notification I'll feel the vibration, but when I look at my watch, it shows a digital time a bit above center (not my normal watch face) with a blurred-out version of the notification behind it. I have to tap the watch to actually read the notification. Did I turn on some weird setting somewhere? I can't find anything relevant in the Galaxy Wear app.

Mine does this too. If it's intentional, it's super dumb.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005

It's 100% Google Fit wonkiness. By design Health Connect does next to no processing on its own, its completely up to the app developer to decide what to do with the centralized data.

Google Fit purposely went out of it's way to merge/curate data in an opinionated way even before HC:

quote:

The Google Fit platform reviews all the information available for a specific data type from different sources and merges it in a logical way. For example, a user tracks a run with their smart watch and their phone. The step counts from their watch and phone are merged to get the most complete step count. When merging data, watch data is prioritised over phone data (prioritisation avoids counting duplicate steps). The Google Fit platform returns this accurate, merged information when you read the data type.

Fit already had jank just with it's own Android API + Cloud API, so adding a third competing external API just compounds things. Yesterday I had Fit's "Most recent workout" card flicker between Google Fit's autodetected walk and Fitbit's workout on refresh. After about about 20 minutes, the Fitbit workout seemingly won and had Fit heart points attributed to it. Later in the day, Google Fit decided to merge the workout into to the "walk", duration and all. Somehow this dropped the heart points 10 fold (despite the heart data/graph still being available for the "walk").

Things will eventually resolve on the Google side (either by Fit getting bugfixes and/or Google building that aggregation functionality into the Fitbit app from the ground up). As for others, it'll probably follow the iOS Healthkit trajectory of most health apps settling on the median of writing their dedicated hardwares stats to the centralized store, but only importing Height/weight/workouts.

hooah posted:

Yeah, that's the major Samsungism I saw in a review which stopped me from getting a GW4 last year. I've been tracking this thread since last year and nothing seems to have changed: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/galaxy-watch-4-notifications-showing-clock-over-notification/td-p/3918269

Outside of turning off AOD, your only choices are to join the mob on Samsung forums/pray they change their mind or take a chance ADB sideloading this random redditors APK workaround

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Vagrancy posted:

Yeah, that's the major Samsungism I saw in a review which stopped me from getting a GW4 last year. I've been tracking this thread since last year and nothing seems to have changed: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/galaxy-watch-4-notifications-showing-clock-over-notification/td-p/3918269

Outside of turning off AOD, your only choices are to join the mob on Samsung forums/pray they change their mind or take a chance ADB sideloading this random redditors APK workaround

Good grief. If only my 2nd-gen Moto 360's (second) battery hadn't been on its last legs. I might have waited for the Pixel watch. Ah well. At least I have stuff to keep an eye on now, instead of just wondering if it's something misconfigured.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Kirios posted:

If you are not interested in the Pixel ecosystem do not bother with it. The battery life is awful - I have to turn off the flip to wake to even get it through the day. By the time I go to bed at midnight or so it's at 30%. It's a small watch. My hand is average size and it looks small on me. It has a clear Gen 1 feel to it. There's definitely something... awesome there and I think in time it will be the king of the Android watches.

I got mine today and it is definitely a small device. On my unusually tiny wrists, it fits just just well enough. Could stand to be 1-2mm larger in diameter and still look good on me. If they made an XL version, I could see a lot of people gravitating towards it. I've yet to wear it all day at work to judge battery life. I will leave AOD and TTW on (like I have on my Galaxy Watch4 which easily handles the 12 hours I keep it on during the day) to see just how it compares to my old watch.

E: My wrist is about 170mm judging by my half-assed non-technical measurement. Which I think puts me at the small end for a man's wrist, and probably average-to-above average for a woman's wrist. But I am no wristologist in that regard. Point being; if you got a beefy arm (beefy arm wtf?), this thing might not look good and the larger alternatives might be a better fit.

E2: My tiny wrist and the watch

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 3, 2022

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mental Hospitality posted:

I got mine today and it is definitely a small device. On my unusually tiny wrists, it fits just just well enough. Could stand to be 1-2mm larger in diameter and still look good on me. If they made an XL version, I could see a lot of people gravitating towards it. I've yet to wear it all day at work to judge battery life. I will leave AOD and TTW on (like I have on my Galaxy Watch4 which easily handles the 12 hours I keep it on during the day) to see just how it compares to my old watch.

E: My wrist is about 170mm judging by my half-assed non-technical measurement. Which I think puts me at the small end for a man's wrist, and probably average-to-above average for a woman's wrist. But I am no wristologist in that regard. Point being; if you got a beefy arm (beefy arm wtf?), this thing might not look good and the larger alternatives might be a better fit.

E2: My tiny wrist and the watch

I also have weird bird wrists, and that smaller size sounds appealing to me. My concern would be with the bands, but the lugs on the leather bands would make me feel a little safer. I've worn a watch for most of my life, and having to cinch bands down as tight as they go has led to me wearing out many more watchbands than watches.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

4 days at work with the Pixel Watch, AOD and lift to wake on, and the battery is fine for my use case. I only wear the thing around 11 hours a day and each day I've taken it off with between 50-60% charge left.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

In case anyone hasn't seen the news, it looks like Samsung rolled out an update that was bricking Watch 4s. From what I read they stopped the rollout so not too many should be affected, but I figured I'd mention it.

https://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-watch-4-bricking-3232056/

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

4 days at work with the Pixel Watch, AOD and lift to wake on, and the battery is fine for my use case. I only wear the thing around 11 hours a day and each day I've taken it off with between 50-60% charge left.

Yeah, it's pretty much on par with other 41mm devices including the Apple Watch which isn't to say it's fantastic, just that it shouldn't be viewed as a negative when compared to competing devices of the same size class.

I have no doubt that if they had a 44-46mm variant that it would be a 1.5-2 day device. It's just a shame they didn't launch with that option.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I was all set to get a pixel watch and was waiting for possible black friday bundles because I need a new phone, too, but the battery life just looks like a killer to me coming from a watch4 classic. I wear my watch 24/7 and being able to get haptic pings from PagerDuty, haptic alarm clock, etc is the main reason I have the thing in the first place. I drop it on the charger in the morning for a while if I remember and I like being able to forget for a day and still generally not lose power.

With the watch4 classic in battery saver mode I generally can get away with 2 full days of use if I am not far away from my phone (stressing BT connectivity). Everything I am reading about the Pixel for the kind of use I do is that it's a "charge daily, at least" kind of thing.

Disappointing, I naively assumed that Google would murder Samsung on battery and maybe get close to fitbit levels. Ha. So, that leaves the watch5 with it's marginally better battery life as my best option for now, but I think I'll just stick with the watch4 until someone has a thing I don't need to charge as often.

bull3964 posted:

Yeah, it's pretty much on par with other 41mm devices including the Apple Watch which isn't to say it's fantastic, just that it shouldn't be viewed as a negative when compared to competing devices of the same size class.

I have no doubt that if they had a 44-46mm variant that it would be a 1.5-2 day device. It's just a shame they didn't launch with that option.

Agree; if they had a chonkier one that was even at least on par with my watch 4 I'd get it, probably, because I am dumb.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

If you look at the Watch 5 Pro rather than Watch 5 you get massively better battery life as the battery is like 60% larger.

Battery life on WearOS is what it is for the same reason Apple hasn't been really able to eek anything out better. When you have a full OS with enough frameworks to be able to run a wide array of 3rd party apps, it consumes more power and takes more resources.

The Pixel watch uses an Exynos 9110 as it's main SoC, this is a dual core fully featured SoC operating in the 1.1ghz range.

The Fitbit Charge 5 uses Cortex-M4 operating somewhere in the 100mhz range. Coincidently, that's also what the Garmin Fenix 6x runs as well (at 96mhz), the Garmin Fenix 7 moved to a slightly newer ARM Cortex M33 and for the first time added a GPU! (that can go up to 200mhz, but is probably running a far lower).

So, yeah, different classes of devices. The smartwatches are essentially general purpose computers with a specialized interface while the fitness trackers are scaled down focused devices running embedded OS's that are often times some RTOS variant (for example, OnePlus and Amazfit both use FreeRTOS.)

It really boils down to having libraries and APIs available for 3rd parties to build a wide range of 3rd party apps.

The real question is if that matters for the general user based on capabilities. The argument with WearOS has been that 3rd party app support is so poor, why would you take the battery life hit to run a full featured OS rather than just get a fitness tracker that can deliver notifications? That does seem to be starting to change though, hopefully the momentum continues.

The thing that kept WearOS going is the fact that it was a ready made OS that could be slapped on a reference arch that allowed companies like Fossil Group to produce devices without having to invest in their own development capabilities.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 8, 2022

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah they should have developed a 44-45mm "Pro" version as well to launch with. The regular one wears pretty small as it is; I think a good number of people would have jumped on a larger model.

But hey, this is the beginning. Maybe there will be a gen 2, 3, 4, etc with varying sizes.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

They better keep the same band attachment for all sizes and future generations though.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Lol if you seriously believe this won't end up on Google's pile of dead projects

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

BabyFur Denny posted:

Lol if you seriously believe this won't end up on Google's pile of dead projects

They've been pretty consistent with supporting hardware initiatives. Stadia wasn't a hardware product (except for the new controller).

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

UncleGuito posted:

They've been pretty consistent with supporting hardware initiatives. Stadia wasn't a hardware product (except for the new controller).

Yeah, and Stadia was a first attempt at an emerging segment that wasn't well-defined yet. Nvidia seems to have had the best approach to games as a streaming service, but it took some time for it to become apparent they had a better overall take on it. I don't think Google had a clear idea what Stadia was supposed to be, whether it was cross-platform or proprietary, mobile or home, and also had the classic Google problem of being in a silo competing for time and money with other divisions within the company itself. They might have also seen the writing on the wall that Microsoft or Sony getting into the segment would probably make Stadia irrelevant overnight.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

To add to the echo chamber, at the $150 I paid, the pixel watch is fantastic. At full price, less so. I do like it better than my fossil gen 5, but the battery has been about the same. Although, I am using the sleep tracking.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, it's about $70 too much. At $280 it would be positioned just fine against the Galaxy Watch 5 40mm. Still probably a tad too overpriced given the Galaxy Watches have constant sales, but not too bad. At $350, it needs more.

It's plain though that Google watned people to go heavily discount on it if they bought a Pixel 7/7 Pro. I'm happy enough with it for $150 as well and while I don't think it looks as good on my wrist as the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, we're also entering long sleeve season and this disappears better under a sleeve so the both have their purposes I guess :D.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Quick Pixel Watch/Fitbit app question:

So far I'm loving my Pixel Watch, really not finding the battery life to be much of a problem (with Tilt To Wake off but Always On enabled I'm getting to ~20% remaining after 24 hours which is better than quoted).

But holy gently caress is the step tracker wildly inaccurate - I'd say it's so inaccurate as to be useless to me.
Like - I'm getting out of bed after using the device for sleep tracking and it's saying I had 100+ steps overnight, or I'll be working at my desk and pick up an extra 50 or 60 steps in a meeting.

There don't seem to be any settings to adjust for this - all I've seen online is that people are finding the calorie counting to be overinflated... any thoughts/suggestions? Is there a hidden menu to adjust sensitivity or something like that which I haven't found?

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

sarcastx posted:

Quick Pixel Watch/Fitbit app question:

So far I'm loving my Pixel Watch, really not finding the battery life to be much of a problem (with Tilt To Wake off but Always On enabled I'm getting to ~20% remaining after 24 hours which is better than quoted).

But holy gently caress is the step tracker wildly inaccurate - I'd say it's so inaccurate as to be useless to me.
Like - I'm getting out of bed after using the device for sleep tracking and it's saying I had 100+ steps overnight, or I'll be working at my desk and pick up an extra 50 or 60 steps in a meeting.

There don't seem to be any settings to adjust for this - all I've seen online is that people are finding the calorie counting to be overinflated... any thoughts/suggestions? Is there a hidden menu to adjust sensitivity or something like that which I haven't found?

Definitely recommend submitting a bug/feedback too- they seem to look at them pretty closely for the Watch so far.

I had this same issue with all my Fitbits in the past, where they would also pick up steps when I was doing non-walking things like riding an electric scooter.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

One thing I really like about my pixel watch is I have a complication on my watch face that counts steps but if I swipe right I also have a Fitbit step counter and the numbers are never ever the same. A few thousand steps apart actually. Lol.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I'm assuming it's an issue with when a tile updates data.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

One thing I really like about my pixel watch is I have a complication on my watch face that counts steps but if I swipe right I also have a Fitbit step counter and the numbers are never ever the same. A few thousand steps apart actually. Lol.

Wonder if one of those counters includes steps from your phone or other sensors and one is strictly counting watch-detected steps.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Holy crap. I don't know if if this is just Wear OS sucking or anything that touches Fitbit becomes cursed but my Pixel Watch has been boot looping/locked for the past 2 hours and the drat thing finally ran out of power from 45%. This is good, mind you, because it was not responding to the power button the whole time where it was stuck on the boot screen. I'm inclined to blame Fitbit because I was going to go for a run but noticed it was taking longer than usual to get a GPS lock despite the map app getting my location right away. No matter; I go to restart the watch and wait a few minutes while it says it's restarting and thinking this is talking longer than it should. I hold the power button and get the power menu but none of my touches register. Eventually I get the boot screen and it just sits there and won't respond to the power button.

With the battery drained, I recharge it and it eventually reboots back to normal. Weird and frustrating because I basically had to go for my run without any tracking because I'm trying to get a run in before the remnants of Nicole starts doling out more severe weather later today. So I guess there's a benefit for the Pixel Watch having such a short battery life. :haw: Seriously, gently caress Fitbit if this is really their doing and gently caress Google if Wear OS can allow the watch lock up like that.

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 11, 2022

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i left my pixel watch on the charger all night and it reported 77% battery this morning when i put it on. i've had it on for about 3 hours now and it still says 77% and it has the lightning bolt icon like it thinks that it's charging

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

butt dickus posted:

i left my pixel watch on the charger all night and it reported 77% battery this morning when i put it on. i've had it on for about 3 hours now and it still says 77% and it has the lightning bolt icon like it thinks that it's charging

It's haunted

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I've seen a few people report that bug.

There's supposedly an update rolling out to the Pixel Watch right now that does some more Fitbit stuff, but I haven't gotten it yet.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I got the stretchy fabric band for my pixel watch, it is super comfy. Went with a medium size and it stretches just enough to get past my huge hand, but is snug enough to keep the watch firmly in place.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Welp, I lost my Watch4 to the buggy update this morning. Getting a ticket from Samsung for a "repair".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

hooah posted:

Welp, I lost my Watch4 to the buggy update this morning. Getting a ticket from Samsung for a "repair".

Samsung is asleep at the wheel lately. Every new update makes my Watch 4 experience worse. There are tons of bugs submitted for this and they refuse to promptly address anything.