Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Twitter is going to turn into 4chan except billionaire-owned and not-necessarily-anonymous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
If we're talking realism then the "white nationalism" and "racism and xenophobia" categories are done wrong. There shouldn't be a "none" option for them; they should both start at "some."

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Klyith posted:

that would be a pretty dumb photoshop to make about a guy with like 50 kids

Thats whats makes it funny though, they're all ivf

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm just imagining getting an email with the subject line Some SpOoOoOkY news about your employment

God, I might not have minded if they did that - it was just a regular rear end "we're really sorry, but we have to downsize" bullshit and when I left the conference room someone was at the front desk with my stuff in a box.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

so this is the billionaire version of fatally tasing your own balls

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Kind of, if it fail hard enough he will stay rich, but lose control of all his entreprise.

Maybe he will finally take care of his thousands kids if it happens.

quick edit: I know he wont but I still wish it happens, for the sake of his kids.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 30, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
In honor of this thread reaching Elon's favorite number, here's an article about how much the use of the n word increased after elon took over:

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-twitter-takeover-sparked-n-word-use-jump-2022-10

You know it's bad if even Business Insider is criticizing him.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Xakura posted:

It's not an n-word slider it's an n-word toggle bet you feel pretty stupid r n

lol @ the literal racism dial

https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Crossposting this from the AI art thread

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
That's the first set of AI images that I find truly funny. Elon has done it again!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

:drat: at the date on that tweet

and the obligatory page number joke

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Maybe Elon just likes losing in court?
https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1586539695491624960

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

oh this seems wise lol

e., god drat thinking about those texts with agrawal

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

Crossposting this from the AI art thread

TBH, I could absolutely see Elon go the Kim Dotcom route, but his obsessive narcissism and desire to always be in the spotlight will prevent us from seeing him that size until 5-10 years from now.

Also, if he gets covid enough times then 5-10 years from now he'll be dead of a stroke or something else, so I guess no worries.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

:siren: hunk alert :siren:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hunk of what, I don't want to know

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
How many employees did he sexually assault on his way in?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

thin blue whine posted:

How many employees did he sexually assault on his way in?

Headline: Elon Musk Buys Entire Stable of Horses in Celebration Of Twitter Purchase And Definitely No Other Reason

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Bleusilences posted:

Maybe he will finally take care of his thousands kids if it happens.

quick edit: I know he wont but I still wish it happens, for the sake of his kids.

For the sake of his kids, I hope he’s not involved in their lives. His dad impregnated his stepsister for god’s sake; these are not normal people

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Mr. Lobe posted:

Hunk of what, I don't want to know

:itwaspoo:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

rumor has it elon plans to buy Juicero for $50b next week

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Brother Tadger posted:

For the sake of his kids, I hope he’s not involved in their lives. His dad impregnated his stepsister for god’s sake; these are not normal people

Heh, you probably right, I was too optimist.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Yaldabaoth posted:

In honor of this thread reaching Elon's favorite number, here's an article about how much the use of the n word increased after elon took over:

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-twitter-takeover-sparked-n-word-use-jump-2022-10

You know it's bad if even Business Insider is criticizing him.

"Trolls" and definitely not "virulent racists using hate speech", thanks Business Insider, hard hitting journalism there.

Code Jockey posted:

oh this seems wise lol

e., god drat thinking about those texts with agrawal

There will certainly be no repercussions from blatantly cheating MULTIPLE fellow rich people out of enough money each to retain a world-class legal team. No-siree!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Lmao every law partner in the country just got a simultaneous warm, fuzzy, big fee feeling and they don't know why

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I think it's a good thing for rich executives to be fired without their golden parachutes, but Musk sucks, so...

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Thing is, these rich executives are not going to take these firings (and most importantly; not getting their golden parachutes) laying down; they are going to sue the ever-loving poo poo out of him and it's going to be amazing to watch.

And if he really lays off 75% of the workforce tomorrow, there's a potential for him violating California's WATCH act in the process.

All of this is beyond my wildest dreams of entertainment when the idiot announced he was buying the company.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yaldabaoth posted:

I think it's a good thing for rich executives to be fired without their golden parachutes, but Musk sucks, so...

"For cause" abuse to deny severance pay and benefits is a workers rights issue. All those people suck but the concept of needing a real cause to fire someone should be defended.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The problem is golden parachutes as a concept.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

goatface posted:

The problem is golden parachutes as a concept.

If anyone has ever earned their golden parachute though it's these dudes. They scammed the gently caress out the richest man in the world and all their shareholders made out like bandits.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I don't disagree with that, at all. I have no love for the sea of useless c-suite executives and middle managers that infect all of the world not the various bullshit but legally bound contracts they sign as terms of their employment. I wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire.

But there is no way these parties are not going to loving bone Elon for this.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

To be fair we do have good evidence of gross incompetence by those executives: they sold the company to Elon Musk

edit: would said lawsuits be against Twitter the corporation or Musk? Who has to foot the legal bills?

edit 2: i hope it's him and that he loses way more money than if he'd just let them collect. but i also hope they comically slip on a banana peel and slide into a dump truck just as it is crushing its trash on their way out

Sankis fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 30, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
If it's anything like the previous lawsuits thrown at Musk, he'll chicken out at the last minute and settle out of court.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sankis posted:

To be fair we do have good evidence of gross incompetence by those executives: they sold the company to Elon Musk

edit: would said lawsuits be against Twitter the corporation or Musk? Who has to foot the legal bills?

edit 2: i hope it's him and that he loses way more money than if he'd just let them collect. but i also hope they comically slip on a banana peel and slide into a dump truck just as it is crushing its trash on their way out

They got their shareholders a massive payday doing so, no that was a win for the C suite.

They are gonna sue and he's gonna get raked over the coals again like he did in being forced to buy Twitter.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I feel like this is a “Two Face fights Lex Luther” kind of situation

Let em

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Professor Shark posted:

I feel like this is a “Two Face fights Lex Luther” kind of situation

Let em

The ideal end here is of course if they go to court and the courtroom will get hit by a meteor.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Musk doing his part to turn Twitter into a hellscape as quickly as possible. I'm sure advertisers love the owner of Twitter posting deranged conspiracy theories, especially when it's about violence against the family of politicians.

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1586693291231178753

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

STFU RUSSIA

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://twitter.com/TheRealOJ32/status/1586022987844661249

lol @ the quality of company that keeps you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Dracula