Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Vice has a new series out called Tales from the Territories. The first two episodes are about Memphis (e01) and Andy Kaufman (e02)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Does each episode end with "and then I killed all of them."

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

David D. Davidson posted:

Does each episode end with "and then I killed all of them."

Vice, not Vince.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm imagining Vince as Robert Durst, muttering to himself "what did you do? Killed all of them, of course!"

Then doing that strut on his way back from the bathroom.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Who plays Vince if they made a movie about his life?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bonzo posted:

vince would be portrayed by a combination of cgi and practical effects op

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Bonzo posted:

If they ever make a movie about Vince, I hope they do it while he's still alive, and it takes so many liberties with his life story that it kills him.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Bonzo posted:

Nathan Fillion. He's good at playing that brand of smug.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Jamesman posted:

If they ever make a movie about Vince, I hope they do it while he's still alive, and it takes so many liberties with his life story that it kills him.

Vince: the Story of One Man's Crusade for Racial Sensitivity, Worker's Rights, and Ethical Business Practices. Starring Ethan Page

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Kevin Spacey as Vince Sr.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
McMahon, directed and written by Baz Luhrman, drew acclaim at Sundance for choosing to have Tom Hardy (Vince McMahon) wear a prosthetic suit that depicts McMahon as a towering figure.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
Tim Robinson will get absolutely shredded for the role of a lifetime

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I want the movie to portray his stepfather as a kind and noble person who Vince idolized, and is responsible for all of his success.

Also we'll need the cousin/leaves scene.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

HES BROKEN IN HALF

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Vince eats a steak wrap while a file with he word BROCK is open on his table

"Uh Vince... You know those 15k Steff wanted?"
'Whwtd she blow it on? More dresses?'
"Uh.. well... She... She got new titties"
*Vince drops everything. Sauce clings to his mouth*
*A tear escape as under his breath he mutters*
what a maneuver

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

FilthyImp posted:

Vince eats a steak wrap while a file with he word BROCK is open on his table

"Uh Vince... You know those 15k Steff wanted?"
'Whwtd she blow it on? More dresses?'
"Uh.. well... She... She got new titties"
*Vince drops everything. Sauce clings to his mouth*
*A tear escape as under his breath he mutters*
what a maneuver

His heart tried to do a mandible claw on himself

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
VINCE! The Musical

Starring Matthew Broderick as HHH and Nathan Lane as Vince himself.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Literally A Person posted:

VINCE! The Musical

Starring Matthew Broderick as HHH and Nathan Lane as Vince himself.
With the hit song "Just A Wrasslin Man" sung by HHH as Hulk Hogan!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel like a deranged musical is the perfect and probably only really viable medium for a Vince biopic.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Here's a match between two invisible wrestlers. Invisible Man vs his evil brother Invisible Stan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cslu7zFmPjM

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Here's a match between two invisible wrestlers. Invisible Man vs his evil brother Invisible Stan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cslu7zFmPjM

One of the best matches i've ever seen, so much heat and some incredible spots. 5 loving stars

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I can't stop watching Slammy Awards from the 1990s

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

GolfHole posted:

I can't stop watching Slammy Awards from the 1990s
Has Owen won 2 yet?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Elephant Ambush posted:

I just don't see these guys becoming stars. I don't see what others seem to see in them. Plus they're stealing John Cena's gimmick. I'm suddenly reminded of Ralph Ellison.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQMbV-1uFD0

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

This new Vice series is loving amazing.

This entire YouTube channel is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv9uDuLNyOQ

Listen to that audience at the 4:25 minute mark.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 29, 2022

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bonzo posted:

This new Vice series is loving amazing.

This entire YouTube channel is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv9uDuLNyOQ

Listen to that audience at the 4:25 minute mark.

1976 never actually left Tennessee, did it

I'm not sure how every match can be between Chad 2 Badd and Tex Ferguson but here we are

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

1976 never actually left Tennessee, did it

I'm not sure how every match can be between Chad 2 Badd and Tex Ferguson but here we are

I ended up googling these names and found that this was a thing

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6662744/?ref_=tt_ov_inf

Anyone seen this?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bonzo posted:

I ended up googling these names and found that this was a thing

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6662744/?ref_=tt_ov_inf

Anyone seen this?

oh boy, oh boy

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4AjyJhzpwcpYOJpAePQ6UKv_eC5ge3cW

basically, WWE released these on their youtube channel one day with absolutely no fanfare and no mention on their actual television, and people lost their minds because it turns out again that the wrestlers doing improv for their own entertainment is funnier than everything written for them in a year by people with writing credits on mediocre sitcoms

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

oh boy, oh boy

basically, WWE released these on their youtube channel one day with absolutely no fanfare and no mention on their actual television, and people lost their minds because it turns out again that the wrestlers doing improv for their own entertainment is funnier than everything written for them in a year by people with writing credits on mediocre sitcoms

People with writing credits on mediocre sitcoms who have almost everything they do thrown out by Vince anyway.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

oh boy, oh boy

holy poo poo, thank you! The promo in e01 about how his boot leather is better than the other guy is so on point.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Bonzo posted:

holy poo poo, thank you! The promo in e01 about how his boot leather is better than the other guy is so on point.

iirc Chad 2 Badd and Sex Ferguson were existing characters Gallows and Anderson had done before (outside WWE) as parodies of every terrible 1980s "I GOT A NEW HAT AND A NEW STUD EARRING" shouty territory promo about nothing, everything else was invented for the bit

but I'd forgotten how much I loved hillbilly Rusev and Lana

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Clint Bobski was a name Jericho used in college video skits. Later in AEW he made a comedy segment that featured a woman named Patricia Bobski and WWE sent him a cease and desist, so he went and trademarked Clint Bobski.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

iirc Chad 2 Badd and Sex Ferguson were existing characters Gallows and Anderson had done before (outside WWE) as parodies of every terrible 1980s "I GOT A NEW HAT AND A NEW STUD EARRING" shouty territory promo about nothing, everything else was invented for the bit

but I'd forgotten how much I loved hillbilly Rusev and Lana

ah- yep.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The AEW/CM Punk stuff got even more hilarious in the past few days.

In review: CM Punk won a big title match at All Out, where he also injured himself. During the post-show press conference, he angrily went on a rant about various people in the AEW locker room, including Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks. Kenny and the Bucks confronted him backstage and a fight happened. As news trickled in from both camps, it became increasingly apparent that Kenny and the Bucks confronted him in a relatively responsible and peaceful way, only for Punk and his buddy Ace Steel to go "THEY'RE COMIN' RIGHT FOR US!" and unload with chair throwings, punches, and arm bites. Everyone involved was suspended so the company could have a third party do an investigation.

Since then, Ace Steel has been let go from the company and a vignette was on Dynamite showing that the Elite will be back soon enough. Word has it that the investigation was very much in Kenny and the Bucks' favor. The company is almost definitely going to just buy out Punk's contract with a caveat that he can't go directly to WWE if offered. With things looking bad for Punk's reputation, his camp released some MORE insight into the big All Out fight.

It's hilarious because it doesn't really help his side. First, he did not believe that his rant was a big deal and it only became a big deal when the fight happened. Second, Punk was very afraid that Hangman Adam Page was going to shoot on him during their PPV match months ago, which is extra funny when you realize that Hangman is considered one of the nicest guys and Punk is a trained MMA fighter. Last and not least, Punk's dog had a vet appointment soon after the show and the doctor said that the dog had a couple loose teeth. Punk framed this in a way to make it seem like the Young Bucks just slammed the door open onto his dog's face and hosed him up, causing Punk to fly into a rage. Of course, the fact that nobody brought this up one iota in the last couple months until now says everything.

Meanwhile, Chris Jericho got in on the act by blatantly leaking it that he had a confrontation with Punk after the brawl about Punk being a locker room cancer. Punk told him to gently caress off. Jericho then became one of the locker room leaders along with Moxley and Danielson, helping him earn a contract extension. Even if Punk were to come back, there are plenty of top-ranking members of the locker room who just do not want to work with him.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

oh boy, oh boy

Thank you for posting this. I'd never seen these before and they're hilarious

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Punk is a trained MMA fighter

I mean technically, but he's also the least imposing person in AEW and makes guys like Evil Uno look like a natural born athletes by comparison

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Beeswax posted:

I mean technically, but he's also the least imposing person in AEW and makes guys like Evil Uno look like a natural born athletes by comparison

that's true, but telling people that you're worried that the guy whose main combat training is as an elementary school teacher might fight you for real and make you look silly is not a good look

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Gavok posted:

The AEW/CM Punk stuff got even more hilarious in the past few days.

In review: CM Punk won a big title match at All Out, where he also injured himself. During the post-show press conference, he angrily went on a rant about various people in the AEW locker room, including Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks. Kenny and the Bucks confronted him backstage and a fight happened. As news trickled in from both camps, it became increasingly apparent that Kenny and the Bucks confronted him in a relatively responsible and peaceful way, only for Punk and his buddy Ace Steel to go "THEY'RE COMIN' RIGHT FOR US!" and unload with chair throwings, punches, and arm bites. Everyone involved was suspended so the company could have a third party do an investigation.

Since then, Ace Steel has been let go from the company and a vignette was on Dynamite showing that the Elite will be back soon enough. Word has it that the investigation was very much in Kenny and the Bucks' favor. The company is almost definitely going to just buy out Punk's contract with a caveat that he can't go directly to WWE if offered. With things looking bad for Punk's reputation, his camp released some MORE insight into the big All Out fight.

It's hilarious because it doesn't really help his side. First, he did not believe that his rant was a big deal and it only became a big deal when the fight happened. Second, Punk was very afraid that Hangman Adam Page was going to shoot on him during their PPV match months ago, which is extra funny when you realize that Hangman is considered one of the nicest guys and Punk is a trained MMA fighter. Last and not least, Punk's dog had a vet appointment soon after the show and the doctor said that the dog had a couple loose teeth. Punk framed this in a way to make it seem like the Young Bucks just slammed the door open onto his dog's face and hosed him up, causing Punk to fly into a rage. Of course, the fact that nobody brought this up one iota in the last couple months until now says everything.

Meanwhile, Chris Jericho got in on the act by blatantly leaking it that he had a confrontation with Punk after the brawl about Punk being a locker room cancer. Punk told him to gently caress off. Jericho then became one of the locker room leaders along with Moxley and Danielson, helping him earn a contract extension. Even if Punk were to come back, there are plenty of top-ranking members of the locker room who just do not want to work with him.

You forgot to mention that Kenny and the Bucks brought the Chief Legal Officer with them when they confronted Punk. He started a fight in front of the head of the legal team. Also supposedly Kenny was worried about Punk's dog and handed him to said head of legal while Punk and Steel were going apeshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Meanwhile, half the internet is screaming that Punk is an angel who did no wrong, and these awful terrible no-good Elite ambushed him in his locker room because they were mad he was taking their private playground away from them, and just, ugh.

And yeah, maybe going to confront the guy immediately after the scrum when tempers were still hot was a bad call, they should have given it twelve hours for poo poo to cool a bit. But christ, did you see the scrum? He trashed the talent, he trashed the company, he trashed TK himself to his face. If I had been in TK's shoes, I wouldn't have managed to keep my cool and would have reprimanded him live on the spot, in front of God and the whole world.