Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

fuctifino posted:

February, just before the Ukraine invasion, while she was Foreign Secretary. She made lots of gaffes, and seemed mostly focussed on getting this Thatcher shot for her instagram portfolio, despite it being way too warm to wear such clothing

:ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A garish grotesque monument to heterosexist patriarchy and useless unqualified hierarchy.

Also that onion church that looks like a mini golf obstacle behind her.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lady Demelza posted:

Cat Owner just phoned me to reassure me they're "trying to get some bigger cages" and that if I "let them run around for a bit" when I go in to feed them, they'll be OK.

This is not even close to acceptable

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

A man threw petrol bombs attached with fireworks at a centre for processing migrants in the southern English port of Dover on Sunday and then killed himself, witnesses said.

The attacker, a white man in a striped top, drove up to the centre in a white SEAT sports utility vehicle. He got out and threw three petrol bombs, one of which did not go off, the photographer said.

He then drove to a nearby petrol station, tied an improvised noose around his neck, attached it to a metal pole and drove off, killing himself, the photographer said.

It's from the Daily Heil, so not linking directly to the article... but loving hell....

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

It's from the Daily Heil, so not linking directly to the article... but loving hell....

Sounds about par for competence in the UK these days. Fails to accomplish anything of note and leaves the stage in an embarrassingly unnecessary fashion.

Edit - also what is a white man going to get for failing to firebomb a migrant centre that would warrant a painful suicide? 2 weeks community service?

You'd think he was caught jacking off on the picture of the queen or something.

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 30, 2022

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
CRASH

BANG

WALLOP

what a suicide

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
what effect did he think petrol bombs and fireworks were going to have lol

children in rough parts here throw them at police for recreation

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
it'll come out that B&Q's returns policy tipped him over the edge earlier on Saturday but he just had to stick it to the migrants before he sped off this mortal coil, in a big white SEAT that he certainly drove like an rear end in a top hat

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Lady Demelza posted:

Cat Owner just phoned me to reassure me they're "trying to get some bigger cages" and that if I "let them run around for a bit" when I go in to feed them, they'll be OK.

I suppose you could reply that you're either leaving them out in the room/house or you're putting them back in the cages but contacting the RSPCA for advice.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

fuctifino posted:

Jesus Christ That is a truly loving wild way to kill yourself

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Z the IVth posted:

You'd think he was caught jacking off on the picture of the queen or something.

Wouldn't that be bestowing the highest order of tributes to queen and country? Hardly a crime, jizgoism at it's finest.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
:wtc: When your racism outweighs your desire for self-preservation...

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The man had an SUV and didn't think to ramraid the place.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I look forward to seeing a government crackdown on far right groups to match the crackdown on environme... sorry, I can't finish that sentence without laughing. At least it sounds like no-one was hurt except for the one person who deserved to be.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Pull up to my Barratt new-build home with my 25-year fixed rate mortgage in my white SEAT sports utility vehicle on finance after a hard day's work as deputy assistant head of sales targeting.

Open the boot and take out my River Island and Superdry bags with the new gear I bought on the way home from work.

Open the door. Yell hello to my wife of two years in the kitchen as she is already home from her work as a Team Leader in a call centre.

Sit down on my leather sofa bought on sale at Sofology (haha I love those adverts, what is that sloth like haha, love sloths me).

Put up my feet on the IKEA table. Whap on the telly and tune in just in time to see Bradders going through the rules of the final chase with the contestants who made it through before they face Anne Hegarty.

Perfect timing as my wife comes in with the dinner, another one of Jamie Oliver's cracking 30-minute meals. Tuck in as I pretend to listen to my wife's stories from her day at work.

Send a cheeky snap to Smithster and Deano to see if they can come round for the Champion's League match later to watch it on the ol' Sony Bravia, maybe sneak in a few rounds of Fifa '17 on the PS4 first, bloody Smithster ignoring the rule of no tap-ins what a melt haha.

Next morning I put on my striped top, finalise the petrol bombs, and set off for Dover.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fuctifino posted:

It's just a copy paste from Reuters.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Jesus Christ That is a truly loving wild way to kill yourself

It's literally a Chris Morris sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwiA8C6oiJo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Only Kindness posted:

Pull up to my Barratt new-build home with my 25-year fixed rate mortgage in my white SEAT sports utility vehicle on finance after a hard day's work as deputy assistant head of sales targeting.

Open the boot and take out my River Island and Superdry bags with the new gear I bought on the way home from work.

Open the door. Yell hello to my wife of two years in the kitchen as she is already home from her work as a Team Leader in a call centre.

Sit down on my leather sofa bought on sale at Sofology (haha I love those adverts, what is that sloth like haha, love sloths me).

Put up my feet on the IKEA table. Whap on the telly and tune in just in time to see Bradders going through the rules of the final chase with the contestants who made it through before they face Anne Hegarty.

Perfect timing as my wife comes in with the dinner, another one of Jamie Oliver's cracking 30-minute meals. Tuck in as I pretend to listen to my wife's stories from her day at work.

Send a cheeky snap to Smithster and Deano to see if they can come round for the Champion's League match later to watch it on the ol' Sony Bravia, maybe sneak in a few rounds of Fifa '17 on the PS4 first, bloody Smithster ignoring the rule of no tap-ins what a melt haha.

Next morning I put on my striped top, finalise the petrol bombs, and set off for Dover.

Sir this is a migrant processing centre.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Z the IVth posted:

Edit - also what is a white man going to get for failing to firebomb a migrant centre that would warrant a painful suicide? 2 weeks community service?

I suspect he was already fairly suicidal and decided he might as well go out in (what he thought would be) a blaze of glory.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Nukey's acolytes out again.

https://twitter.com/rantingauthor/status/1586717787476660225?t=0gn575aoAD-fvYu8NzcBXw&s=19

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

On cat cages:

quote:

A cat enclosure should provide some alone space away from other kitties, with plenty of room for your cat to stand up, turn around, sit, and lie down. Unless your cat is on vet-ordered rest, their time in the cage should be limited—cats need time to explore.

https://www.rover.com/blog/cat-cages/

Looking at some images of catteries it seems like each cat typically gets a cage which is ~3ft x 2ft x 2ft high, or a bit bigger, and I think this seems to be about what they get if they have to stay at the vets, too. Also I did a tour of the humane society in Ottawa when we were thinking of getting cats (we did get 2 in the end) and it seemed about the same.

I think at most places where they're expected to be there more than a couple of days, they also periodically let the cats out into a larger space with some activities and possibly other cats, since they need activity and stimulation.

If it were 3 cats in a cage that was like, 3'x4'x3 for a few days, that would probably be OK. 3 cats in a smaller space might be OK for a day or two, particularly if they're let out periodically. 3 Cats in a tiny space like that for 10 days is not OK.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

quote:

Soldier’s Memento Mori
inscribed G. BRITAIN / YE SHALT GO HOME / THIS WAY
bone, within an ebonised wood coffin, with a bone relief and metal mounts and lined with red velvet

:hmmyes:

Edit:

Red velvet lines the black box
Great Britannia's dead

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Azza Bamboo posted:

the secret thing about suvs are they’re built like poo poo and are only good for ramraiding pedestrians

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Azza Bamboo posted:

This is a British SUV, not an American killdozer. So pretty much a normal car that might potentially be driven across a slightly muddy field once in it's life.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think you overestimate the quality of state funded building projects.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Yeah as it's a seat I doubt it's an "SUV". Most of them are standard 1-1.4 litre hatchbacks styled to look like an SUV as the larger body size is easier for installing all the modern safety measures. They're typical fairly lightweight despite the larger size.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Parody_PM/status/1586729055348555777

:itwaspoo:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Sounds like it’s probably a crossover, which for those not in the know is basically a standard hatchback with a raised profile. Unless you have a physical condition that is helped by the raised and upright position it makes it worse in every conceivable way; far more susceptible to rollovers, worse fuel economy, worse handling and more dangerous to pedestrians.

So of course they’re crazy popular and manufacturers are killing off more hatchbacks in favour of them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah a lot of SUVs look just like hatchbacks but taller and with a bunch of spare corner gribblies off a set of ryobi power tools glued onto it.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This was the 'SUV' in question

https://twitter.com/InsiderNewsKe/status/1586776264148385792

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 30, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well he doesn't need the added headroom now :v:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Looks like a SEAT Tarraco, which is indeed an SUV and not cheap either.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SuellaBraverman/status/1586779816694632451

Guavanaut posted:

Well he doesn't need the added headroom now :v:

loving hell. lol. :five:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

In the words of OMC, how bizarre.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Cat upate: Thanks everyone, I have reported it to the RSPCA.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Can I add how dystopian “Migrant Processing Centre” is? Feels like they about to announce a new flavour of Solent.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Lady Demelza posted:

Cat upate: Thanks everyone, I have reported it to the RSPCA.

You did the right thing - people shouldn't have cats if they can't accept that poo poo is going to get scratched or things knocked over. The idea that they'll run rampant for 10 days instead of just sleeping most of the time is absurd.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

IllusionistTrixie posted:

Can I add how dystopian “Migrant Processing Centre” is? Feels like they about to announce a new flavour of Solent.

A new flavour of Solent is what you get when you dump raw sewage into the sea at Portsmouth

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

sebzilla posted:

A new flavour of Solent is what you get when you dump raw sewage into the sea at Portsmouth
https://twitter.com/HugoSAS/status/1586712041905348608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

Starmer's given another press interview?