Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Lol mac throws as JFM is inbound and JFM takes another step and pops him. That's a flag bro i don't make the rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

torgeaux posted:

The fins D adjusted, but it was the O that really made the D look good in the second. Lions only had what, three possessions in the second half?

The O was drat near perfect apart from that early fumble.

It's also always nice to get a Tua game where he doesn't throw an inexplicable airball

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/snyjets/status/1586819581770956801

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Bills game looks like this I would throw White in there after the bye and see what you have.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

mcmagic posted:

If the Bills game looks like this I would throw White in there after the bye and see what you have.

buddy the bills are an actual Good Team. it's going to be so much worse and you should draw many fewer conclusions from it

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

We know White by now though. He's a QB with decent skill who doesn't have the arm strength to be a franchise QB. There is no QB on this roster whose abilities are in question, they aren't good enough.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
mcmagic that was definitely roughing the passer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nodoze posted:

mcmagic that was definitely roughing the passer

Oh well NOW he's convinced.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sirtommygunn posted:

We know White by now though. He's a QB with decent skill who doesn't have the arm strength to be a franchise QB. There is no QB on this roster whose abilities are in question, they aren't good enough.

White won't make the kind of careless mistakes with the football that Wilson is making though.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Like everything everybody's been saying about the pats is very true. They've got at best mediocre skill positions, an okay offensive line that's prone to mistakes in pass pro, quarterbacking roaming somewhere between "bad" and "dogshit", a slow and old defense aside from a couple okay journeymen and a pretty cool rookie. Their coordinators are dipshits and their legendary head coach seems like he's more interested in proving a point about coaching style than winning games. If you lose to them by more than a score you gotta answer some tough fuckin questions about yourself.

If you lose to the bills, well, that's just gonna happen lol they're insane this year

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Pats will likely go 2-4 in the division this year.

We know who the 2 are

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

White won't make the kind of careless mistakes with the football that Wilson is making though.

Probably. I don't have any arguments against playing White to try to win games. I'm just saying the answer to the Jets long term QB problem is not on the roster.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Phobeste posted:

Like everything everybody's been saying about the pats is very true. They've got at best mediocre skill positions, an okay offensive line that's prone to mistakes in pass pro, quarterbacking roaming somewhere between "bad" and "dogshit", a slow and old defense aside from a couple okay journeymen and a pretty cool rookie. Their coordinators are dipshits and their legendary head coach seems like he's more interested in proving a point about coaching style than winning games. If you lose to them by more than a score you gotta answer some tough fuckin questions about yourself.

If you lose to the bills, well, that's just gonna happen lol they're insane this year

The issue is not "losing to the Bills" they will likely lose. They can't have the QB be so careless with the ball like what happened today. Basically all 3 picks he threw today were below the bar of what should be expected of NFL QB play.

Nov 6, 2002

They were exactly what I expected.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sirtommygunn posted:

Probably. I don't have any arguments against playing White to try to win games. I'm just saying the answer to the Jets long term QB problem is not on the roster.

It’s hard to fix this issue if you’re picking in the middle of the first.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

mcmagic posted:

The issue is not "losing to the Bills" they will likely lose. They can't have the QB be so careless with the ball like what happened today. Basically all 3 picks he threw today were below the bar of what should be expected of NFL QB play.

Yeah and he's gonna do it against the bills. they're capable of getting much more pressure, they're more aggressive, and they've got studs in the secondary. Zach's a bad quarterback

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ehud posted:

It’s hard to fix this issue if you’re picking in the middle of the first.

Too late to tank. Their only real option will be a trade, but they don't have any special assets to make a better offer than anyone else. They're probably hosed long term.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

Too late to tank. Their only real option will be a trade, but they don't have any special assets to make a better offer than anyone else. They're probably hosed long term.

Good QBs do change teams. It's impossible to say in October who will be available in march.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Broadway Aaron Rodgers?!???

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

kNYler Murray????

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I hope not, Rodgers sucks rear end now.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Geno Smith part 2?!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/BrianCoz/status/1586829485135245312

This is dogshit by MLF. They did exactly what NE wanted.

Nov 6, 2002

It's amazing how much worse this coaching staff is making Mac Jones look. Obviously I've made my feelings known that I don't think he's good. But they've brought him from the Dalton zone to like the Wilson zone. He looks like a total garbage man.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

No... noo.... I have it... I see it now... He has a great year, a huge comeback year, but Schneider and Carroll don't want to foot the bill and they take some midwestern stiff in the third again hoping for the magic and free agent Geno, knowing the front office and coach have turned over, gets the dollar signs in his eyes and returns to the Big Apple...

Honestly that would be like a top 5 outcome I hope it doesn't happen

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Professor Funk posted:

I want the Jets to beat the poo poo out of Jones but I’m also mindful that the refs will probably gift the Pats roughing penalties if they do anything more than tenderly lower him to the ground.

I think this is back to back weeks where PFunk is Nostradamus'ing the Jets game.

Nov 6, 2002

Big name QBs now have too much leverage to end up the Jets. The only way they get one is if it's a guy who's damaged goods like Watson and they overpay.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

sirtommygunn posted:

The best Wilson has looked all year.

Just a few moments before Zach started throwing picks to packs of Patriot players.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Big name QBs now have too much leverage to end up the Jets. The only way they get one is if it's a guy who's damaged goods like Watson and they overpay.

This is a 10-12 win roster with good QB play.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

That's one of those things where it's really gotta happen at least once before you can honestly believe it

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

sirtommygunn posted:

Just a few moments before Zach started throwing picks to packs of Patriot players.

Yeah, this is why the meltdown is so depressing. He looked excellent in the first half up until that first INT.

Nov 6, 2002

I've lost track of the number of times in the past years I've been told the Jets are loaded all over their roster. Still thinking about the legendary 2019 squad with Lev Bell, Crowder, Anderson and Enuwa.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There are teams all over the league getting decent play from scarpheap QB's. PJ Walker, Geno Smith. Mariota.The Giants are 6-1 with a dogshit QB. There has to be something they can do to get a QB next year. I don't believe it's impossible.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sorry to pour salt in the wound and also make it all about me, but Jets fans here are having the exact conversation I tried to have two weeks ago and was told it was way too soon to give up on Wilson lol

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Trade for Teddy Bridgewater

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

mcmagic posted:

There are teams all over the league getting decent play from scarpheap QB's. PJ Walker, Geno Smith. Mariota.The Giants are 6-1 with a dogshit QB. There has to be something they can do to get a QB next year. I don't believe it's impossible.

Don't put geno in this pile man he's just plain Good now. i don't get it either

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Phobeste posted:

Don't put geno in this pile man he's just plain Good now. i don't get it either

Even if he's good (he's probably not) anyone could've had him if they wanted him. That was the point I was trying to make.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

Sorry to pour salt in the wound and also make it all about me, but Jets fans here are having the exact conversation I tried to have two weeks ago and was told it was way too soon to give up on Wilson lol

Right. Like how much more do you need to see? He is who he is. It's not getting better. God help Jets fans in this thread if they give him a third season like Darnold got.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

They can't do anything now. They are going to play out the rest of the season and see where he's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

2/3 of those teams have coaches that are capable of developing a QB and adjusting their scheme to fit the strengths and weaknesses of their qbs