Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yeah I was thinking about it more and the problem isn't Barbatos, the problem is Barbatos, the netcode, and the resulting outcome. Which is still a problem, but trickier to solve

Runa posted:

I'm fortunate enough to not have run into that one I think.

The "I got revived and all of my abilities and weapons won't work" bug has hit me once, however.

The bug where the game won't recognize damage from your shots until you die is still around too

I did one ranked game for the beginner challenge and that's all I'm touching it lol

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
lmao the changes are kinda weird imo. "We predict shields will get dumpstered, so now you can shoot from further away!" But also some of the biggest threats to shields don't have damage falloff in the first place and now have more ammo with which to gently caress your shield. "Marasai, the suit specifically designed to do one thing, was doing that one thing pretty good once every ten seconds; so we've made it slightly less good at that!" Meanwhile sniper goes untouched and, infact, can do the same thing the marasai can but six times as good now. I wouldn't even call the changes bad or anything. Just kind of weak and weirdly focused. At least melee zaku can't hit you from a mile away now I guess.

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am a mid level player at best I would say, and Barbatos does not really bother me anymore. He can be scary, but unless ambushed he's pretty easy to avoid.

Barbatos is only really an issue anymore, imo, if you're up against a melee+support team and you don't have much in the way of anti-melee for some reason. Because while you're dealing with the zaku, the exia and the unicorn it can be really easy for a barbatos to slip in and smash people and run away.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!
I completed the battle pass and almost every time I got MVP in a match it was playing Guntank, Im not sure if that's because guntank is good or because I'm getting old man reflexes and can't aim anymore :corsair:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

yes

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Flavahbeast posted:

I completed the battle pass and almost every time I got MVP in a match it was playing Guntank, Im not sure if that's because guntank is good or because I'm getting old man reflexes and can't aim anymore :corsair:

Guntank just does a lot of damage thanks to it's ability to shoot multiple people at the same time if you're positioning right.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Guntank is the direct counterpick to Unicorn Gundam.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Flavahbeast posted:

MVP apparently cares a lot about damage, and between hosing down entire teams at distance and the Core Fighter, Guntank can often do really well on the damage stat. Its reputation as a shitter isn't really justified at normal levels of play imo.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Guntank is the direct counterpick to Unicorn Gundam.

Actually it's the opposite. Unicorn Gundam makes guntank significantly less effective

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Guntank's weaknesses are all in situations you'd think the Guntank should excel at. The big guns on its shoulder give the impression it should be midrange artillery, while its high hp and ability to soak hits during a bullrush might trick you into thinking it's a frontliner.

When in reality it's best when directly behind or beside someone else capable of holding ground in a standup fight and supporting them. The bullrush and shoulder cannons are good for disrupting clusters of enemies in close range, like on the point. While the smart guns don't do a ton of damage on their own, they're great at helping secure kills so you don't get into situations where one guy manages to escape from a furball with 5hp left and heals to full in less time it takes to respawn.

At very high levels of play it's lower/less reliable burst dps means it can lag behind compared to other suits but it's never a unit I'm disappointed to see on my team.

Much like in the original show, Guntank might not be the leading role but it's a great wingman.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I've got lots of great lootbox unlocks for the Zaku ranged including gold unit skin + weapon and the epic MVP animation and ill never get to show it off because im terrible at the zaku :negative:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PlushCow posted:

I've got lots of great lootbox unlocks for the Zaku ranged including gold unit skin + weapon and the epic MVP animation and ill never get to show it off because im terrible at the zaku :negative:

Never too late to learn. I too was terrible at zaku ranged but after it being the triple daily enough times, I've gotten to the level of almost passable.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
I immediately picked it as my first suit, because of course, and got super lucky in that it feels a lot like playing tracer to me. Get up close, murder, invuln and dash out. :black101:

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

chumbler posted:

Never too late to learn. I too was terrible at zaku ranged but after it being the triple daily enough times, I've gotten to the level of almost passable.

I'll try!

Duderclese posted:

I immediately picked it as my first suit, because of course, and got super lucky in that it feels a lot like playing tracer to me. Get up close, murder, invuln and dash out. :black101:

In any FPS I panic shoot when I get surprised or an enemy is up close which means I shoot everywhere but at the enemy :blastu:

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

PlushCow posted:

I'll try!

In any FPS I panic shoot when I get surprised or an enemy is up close which means I shoot everywhere but at the enemy :blastu:

IME this never goes away. Being mediocre is part of the fun of playing FPS-es for me!

But every now and again everything clicks and you own bones and get a huge dopamine hit and the world is a beautiful place. It is for this reason we play game!

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
No need to aim with a Zaku R when you show up at the point while everyone is distracted and the opponent Exia there is panicked and walks directly into you. Then there's nowhere you can click where you'll miss!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh they apparently nerfed the login beginner's challenge

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

... And the d/c + leaver penalty bug finally hit me as well.

I was having a string of fun matches too, what a shame.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/gundamevolution/status/1585693280670343168

Check your box for some free G-Witch items. An icon, a gun ornament, and two stamps.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

we need a haro scooter ornament

Also it was just last night I learned you can hold lmb with a lot of suits' semiauto weapons and keep firing, albeit somewhat slowly. Since I'm better at leading shots from pure mouse movement rather than pairing it with a click action, my performance with the RX-78 shot up a lot with this knowledge.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Every time I hop on Turn A because it's a double or triple daily I'm disappointed by it. I'm certainly no sharpshooter generally, but when the only thing the suit does is gun (and not even a particularly great one at that) and sometimes a powerful ult, it's really apparent that I need something that has any utility at all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's not fair, you can also Attempt To Counter Barbatos

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the turn a's gun really needs you to be getting headshots with the charge shot and/or hitting multiple enemies per shot

it's, like, fine. and every once in a while you get to completely demolish a melee robot so that's cool

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
One time a Turn A grabbed me out of a Zaku Melee ult as I was spinning toward them.

I gave them mad props in chat for that one.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

The rapid fire on turn-a's gun isn't too bad, and you can side strafe at max speed without the accuracy penalties that most mobile suits have.

MuffinsAndPie fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 28, 2022

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I tried the RX-78. Is his gun literally useless without scoping? I couldn't even hit a downed robot unscoped which I needed to because a Methuss was repairing it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

outside of physically stucking the barrel in the target's torso? yes

always ADS with the gundam's beam rifle

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah Gundam Gundam's rifle has the worst hipfire of any of the guns you can ADS with I'm pretty sure.

chumbler posted:

Every time I hop on Turn A because it's a double or triple daily I'm disappointed by it. I'm certainly no sharpshooter generally, but when the only thing the suit does is gun (and not even a particularly great one at that) and sometimes a powerful ult, it's really apparent that I need something that has any utility at all.

smdh forgetting his best move.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Turn A's grapple is incredible and counters a ton of poo poo and can make life hell for units who dive into encounters too quickly

If a melee unit or a unit behind a shield tries to go in for a 1v1 you can just slaughter them but you just have to aim well with that grapple

Which I struggle with at times :negative:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Eeepies posted:

I tried the RX-78. Is his gun literally useless without scoping? I couldn't even hit a downed robot unscoped which I needed to because a Methuss was repairing it.

Yeah, check out the size of the reticle when standing still, moving, zoomed, and zoomed while still. That bullet is gonna go anywhere within the reticle, so the bigger it is, the worse it aims. Unless you're stabbing somebody with a bullet, always scope with Gundam.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I will say that the default reticule is quite good; it seems like most games make it a rough average of where your shots might veer off to but they can very well go outside of it.

This one just says "I'll shoot somewhere in here. Not sure where, but if your enemy is entirely within the circle, you'll hit."

Kinda refreshing, and fits the gametype well, I think.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Gundam's hipfire is decent if you're getting bull rushed by a melee robot or need to destroy a nearby body

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guxq9jkGBc0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJrUlC-py-Q

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I ran into an unusual amount of GM players scoring an unusual amount of G-Maneuvers during my matches last night. I'm not saying anyone is cheating, but is there some new legit strategy or possibly an exploit that's got popular with him? Usually when I see a bunch of people doing the same thing in an online game in a short span, it's a streamer's doing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GM stands for G Maneuver

Or Jim-aneuver, if you're a weirdo who says it like that

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I ran into an unusual amount of GM players scoring an unusual amount of G-Maneuvers during my matches last night. I'm not saying anyone is cheating, but is there some new legit strategy or possibly an exploit that's got popular with him? Usually when I see a bunch of people doing the same thing in an online game in a short span, it's a streamer's doing.

the napalm farms your ult very fast. if the enemy team stupidly rushes out of spawn while you have a napalm down you can get 30% in the first few seconds.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Kild posted:

the napalm farms your ult very fast. if the enemy team stupidly rushes out of spawn while you have a napalm down you can get 30% in the first few seconds.

Yeah, I do that with Asshimar a lot. I didn't see that happening last night, but I'll grant that it doesn't mean my team wasn't being farmed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I see they haven't fixed the bug where some spawns or games it just forgets that your gun and abilities can hurt things

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Waffleman_ posted:

GM stands for G Maneuver

Or Jim-aneuver, if you're a weirdo who says it like that

GMs are Jims because of the popular urban legend that "Jeep" came from "GP" in a similar fashion.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
GMs are Jims because people recommend watching the Compilation 0079 movies which predate the standard dub, so you have every other word mis-pronounced like Gun-drat, Jab-raoh, Jim, Sha, etc.

With British Bright because his background is technically England

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also because they're pronounced "jimu" (ジム) in the original Japanese. When spoken aloud the mu syllable's vowel usually gets truncated, such as in the word Gundam (ガンダム), so it winds up being pronounced Jim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFB7lUcLZMs&t=38s

Because they're English letters, however, and English speakers have their own ways to approach them, in some dubs they're pronounced independently, in some dubs they're shortened to Jim, much like how people might do in real life. Again, see the Jeep example above.