Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Really puts the figure on another level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Tracker says my Sentry has been hanging out in Rochester, NY for the last couple days, having traveled there after a stint in Missouri. Again, to clarify, I live on the *west* coast, and for anyone unfamiliar, New York is actually quite far in the opposite direction. The USPS works in mysterious ways…

Anyway speaking of Marvel Legends, Target has a big sale on Marvel stuff going on right now:
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1586713435198332933?s=46&t=OA4-f_v8i83OvTeVkZjwvQ

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Do you have an Insta?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

PriorMarcus posted:

Do you have an Insta?

I don’t

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'll defeat you with the power of a thousand suns! And also these guns I found.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Requesting more cosmic beings packin heat

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
now do silver surfer

TO ME.......MY GAT

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Someone's gotta have a little derringer they can pose Galactus with

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rhyno posted:

now do silver surfer

TO ME.......MY GAT

Sadly no silver gun hands

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Someone send me the peacemaker gun that’s the only one I want from that set lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

Sadly no silver gun hands

Obviously he'd wear gloves while shooting

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

WHAT THE HELL HE HAS A POCKET PISTOL

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

silly hu-mon, cosmic beings have no use for guns.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Kind of interesting to see the cobra 2 pack, is that the first time hasbro has put gunfire effects with the classified line?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
The Cobra Viper three pack has them as well

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw those at a comic store but it was 80 dollars

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hilariously the Black Series Halloween Wookie and the upcoming Holiday troopers are all out at Forbidden Planet and other online stores in the UK already.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

I saw those at a comic store but it was 80 dollars

$80-90 for them feels like a lot, but consider that the Target released Vipers routinely sell for $60 alone on the secondary market, and they don’t come with dope blast effects. I only started the line with the hiss Haslab this summer so this was a nice way to get a little viper squad in one fell swoop.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

"What evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Sentry knows!"

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I realized part of why I got weirdly excited about the new Marvel Legends Sentry figure is that somewhere in the back of my mind I still wanted to complete the core New Avengers team from the 2005 Bendis comics. I liked those comics, the basic premise being "let's make an Avengers team with more popular and/or interesting characters instead of the same arbitrary grouping we've been using forever" which you gotta admit was a good premise. I was very casually trying to collect them all in the Toy Biz ML days for a little Marvel shelf display I had going, but I never did put the whole team together. I really only managed a few easy ones like Cap, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine. Prominent gaps in the roster at that time were Sentry, Spider-Woman, and Luke Cage. Captain Marvel in the black/gold "Warbird" outfit would have been nice to include too; a frequent guest star.

It would be interesting to try again now with the generally better figures from Hasbro. I might just do this. Feels like an attainable goal. Now I've got Sentry and an excellent new Spider-Man on the way, I already have a newer Wolverine I really like (though it's a different costume), and I might start looking around for some of those others.

Besides Sentry, Spider-Woman was at the top of the wish list. She was great in those comics. There was actually a Toy Biz one that came out around then but it basically sucked. If anyone has the more-recent one from the Thanos BAF wave (red/yellow costume) and wants to sell it, hit me up. Ditto if you want to part with a decent Luke Cage - Netflix style would be fine - or comics-style Captain America, or I guess Warbird Carol Danvers, though there's a lot of room for improvement on even the Hasbro one.

Iron Mans are kind of a dime a dozen these days, but I saw the preview going around of a just-announced comics style Iron Man that would be perfect for this particular lineup, so that will probably be the one I go for.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Target has the Gambit on the sale but none of the other X-Men I missed. Guess I'll poke around some more.
Was going to get Iron Man -- But I ordered the Pulse one. Might still get it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ugh, this stupid hobby has me debating if I wanna make a life size iron man suit to go with the hologram suit that I have the figure of. Even found an amazingly lifelike sculpt of rdj that I can print in blue tinted resin for the head. I HAVE NO ROOM GOD DAMMIT BUT I DO HAVE A SPARE MANNEQUIN. :argh:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Friend, if you have the means to make a full size Iron Man suit, you should. If you can get it working too, it's a bonus.

Forget RDJ though, make it for you. And do the Silver Centurion, for that added touch of class.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, no. I am in no shape whatsoever to make one that fits me. I just finished at the ai Tony figure and I've got a giant resin printer, so my first thought was "oh poo poo, ai Tony in a suit neck!" and then that swiftly moved to "well I mean if I'm making the suit neck I can make a chest plate for a display, well if I'm making the chest plate the back plate isn't much more work, oh I've got that mannequin so I can just make a full suit and it can go on there" cause for some reason my brain forgets that I am in fact, lazy and hate to do work.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

BBTS just sent a "preorder processing soon" email for Masterverse Sun Man; usually means he will hit the pile of loot in the next day or two. That is a cool figure that I'm really looking forward to!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

BBTS just sent a "preorder processing soon" email for Masterverse Sun Man; usually means he will hit the pile of loot in the next day or two. That is a cool figure that I'm really looking forward to!

I was going to say the same thing! Now where is He-Ro?

Edit: apparently he’s a few minutes behind Sun Man.

Now for real, how about that Target Exc NA Heman?

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 31, 2022

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Ok, I had a good laugh at this one.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This crashed Sideshow’s servers

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1587120455286415360?s=46&t=8SchdiKucQY1XBi_wLmCuw

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
drat, alt head for Banshee looks dope, Habro's basically knocking out my remaining top 10 Legends figures in the next year.

https://twitter.com/DanYunIsTrying/status/1587024028363116545?s=20&t=wXA8mZDWSKp87oBBuZtztw

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Joe Fisto posted:

I have avatars disabled, so I never bought one, but this is tempting.

I'm holding out for Banshee in green, but those headsculpts are great.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

I got all the way to the checkout screen and got a timeout when hitting the place order button

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That sucks.

I did get a notification that the Skyrim deluxe sixth scale shipped so that's awesome.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Colonel Whitey posted:

I got all the way to the checkout screen and got a timeout when hitting the place order button

I haven’t been able to get it to complete either. It’s listed as “almost sold out” so I’ll probably miss out.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I have avatars disabled, so I never bought one, but this is tempting.

Do it.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 31, 2022

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I'm still trying but realize I probably won't get it. I have the v1 stealth suit but this would be a nice upgrade. If anyone wants to buy my v1 stealth suit cap I'm willing to part with it, btw.

e: finally sold out! gonna try to join the waitlist.

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 31, 2022

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Pretty!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1587147718329344002?s=46&t=ylzLv8PMFSUdEFezaFd3hw

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That should have been the original. Jaga's only alive in like two episodes.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
I was able to grab one shortly after the email hit my inbox thanks to Apple Pay checkout. Didn't bother checking to see if any rewards could be applied but reading some Reddit comments after the fact suggests none could be applied.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

That should have been the original. Jaga's only alive in like two episodes.

I wouldn't have been mad if ghost Jaga was the only one they ever made, but I'm personally happy to have both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What's with the yellow hand? It's been years since I've watched the show but I don't remember him having a yellow hand.