Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

AMERICANS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

New page, I'm posting another bouletcorp.

This time, we explore the wonderful world of advertising.

People don't really eat that stuff raw, do they?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Emzedoh posted:

I cant say I have not snacked on some of these just on their own.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

I cant say I have not snacked on some of these just on their own.

Jesus Christ.

In other news - hey some plague rats! I found another Malky Dungeon for you! I'll post it after I finish Witch Vasenka's War, that's only got a few more chapters in it. It's real short though, just 6 pages or so.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Emzedoh posted:

they're cooked during the process of making them, so really can't eat em raw

also yeah, quick snack

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
on the fancy krab sticks the pink part is real (processed dyed and extruded) crab meat. i don't know exactly what's in the white part

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Emzedoh posted:

Jesus Christ.

In other news - hey some plague rats! I found another Malky Dungeon for you! I'll post it after I finish Witch Vasenka's War, that's only got a few more chapters in it. It's real short though, just 6 pages or so.

Hell yes! I'm going to go back and reread the first one. Love that weegie wizard, he's the worst

Something else I love that's the worst? Hell was Full!!

That one is actually better with just the first two panels

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

It's a deadly insult, to be sure.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I certainly will never accuse anyone of reading Achewood.
:colbert:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i am going to arrange for you to be detained by the state

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

thetoughestbean posted:

The Unwomanly Face of War

Thanks a lot for posting this, it's amazing stuff.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent
Mostly infographics

lol Lalli shares a name with a lame bear

Up next: Operation Bear Hole

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

By popular demand posted:

Don't forget webcomics 1999: Boy working in an office sure is something.
I spent about a minute trying to find User Friendly, but the site went down this past February and gently caress if I can navigate his poo poo-rear end archives via the waldoes that are archive.org filter, so uh, you got spared.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oof ouch destroyed

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Kit Walker posted:

Up next: Operation Bear Hole

this bear looks like a tardigrade (or water bear)

I'm crying laughing at this and I'm not sure I can articulate why

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
RIP Pissant Licker Bear

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Empty Sandwich posted:

I'm crying laughing at this and I'm not sure I can articulate why

Because you're a pretentious piece of poo poo?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

yeah i'm gonna have to add some ignored people to keep this thread readable

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Steppe Into The Ring

The new thing I'm trying, to get better at art, is only drawing the comic in colors I can see. Ooooh, aaaaah.

Steppe Into The Ring

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 13:44 on Nov 28, 2022

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joost follows Jack the Rapper into the darkness! To make some kind of point about Joost's upcoming fight, Cepelis tells Super Taxi a story about a West Indian fisherman who fought a shark! Joost begins exploring by torchlight, and is suddenly ambushed by Jack riding a giant metal spine-ribcage-made-of-swords-or-something contraption!

Read right to left:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I will shoot you! I’m sure you’ll be amazed!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Joey’s Special Experience is my favorite thing in the thread post-Thorsby and I cannot articulate why. The machine-mistranslated dialogue and the incredibly high-concept combat design that the artist is just slightly not skilled enough to depict somehow complement each other perfectly. What the hell is that deranged spine blades thing? What the hell is anyone talking about? They’re both just close enough to comprehensible that my brain keeps trying to grab hold of them with just enough success to crave more. I’m repulsed and intrigued in perfect balance. I have connected with Fast Ambulance on a spiritual level.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It takes my brain way more effort to try and decipher Joey's Special Experience than to read anything else in the thread but it's worth it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i haven't a clue what's actually meant to be going on so i lost interest after like the third installment and simply gawp at the teaser image each time

i figure if i had the actual storyline to compare it to it'd be a lot funnier

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Second to last post

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i haven't a clue what's actually meant to be going on so i lost interest after like the third installment and simply gawp at the teaser image each time

Joost is the son of a nobleman who adopted God for reasons. God is a villainous sort and is an rear end in a top hat to Joost. Eventually God figured out that a cool stone mask they had laying around can turn you into a vampire and transforms himself, killing Joost's dad along the way. Joost and his new friends Fast Ambulance and Baroque Cepelis go out to end God's reign of terror. God also has a few henchmen that he turned into vampires, including Jack the Rapper who Joost is currently fighting. Joost also has a girlfriend and recently learned magic martial arts from Cepelis. Now you know!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Finally the missing Malky Dungeon has been found, and just in time for Halloween. I ended up having to contact Simon Dickie over Twitter for it. This was the first (and hopefully only) time I've used Twitter for anything other than following artists, so people better be grateful for it!

https://twitter.com/MalkyDungeon/status/1587083119731122182?s=20&t=Vc2dD4tboKAkl4V57qpjjw

This one's for you, rats.

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 19:18 on Oct 31, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Yeah, I tried to read it early on and just found it impenetrable without having read the real thing, but I do appreciate the end image every time.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

hazardousmouse posted:

yeah i'm gonna have to add some ignored people to keep this thread readable
thanks for keeping us informed

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
CONTENT WARNING:
Suicide

Demon
Chapter 1.07

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah I realized early on that a highlight panel would be good for a quick "haha check this out" for the folks that couldn't put in the effort to follow along, which is totally understandable. And for those who are following along, you're getting basically the same experience of anyone growing up in the early days of the internet trying to read foreign comics with poor translations.

Or tbh, even more recent attempts! The experience of reading Joey's Special Experience is extremely similar to trying to read one of the earliest fan translations of Jojo part 4, aka the Duwang translation. The short version is that someone tried to arrange for a fan translation to happen, and through a series of circumstances, the translator ended up not speaking English as a first language, and was translating from the Chinese version of the comic, with results extremely similar to Joey's Special Experience:

Shageletic posted:

This is from 1947 right? Just wanna note how fresh and real the dialogue feels even now...and how different and horrible dialogue attributed to black characters have been in the 20th C and even now.

Imagine a world where this was an entire comic industry. It would have been so much better, without the laughable black representation written by people white as hell.
Yeah! I was talking about this with my friend who found it, and we were noticing the same things. I wish it had had a chance to flourish so we could see what it could have become, but I'll talk more about that when I finish posting the comic and go over what ended up happening after the volume was published.

e:
lmao

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 19:52 on Oct 31, 2022

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i can picture abigail just going from table to table, snacking on the chips, no one doing anything to stop her

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i like that sherlock holmes has a gambling problem

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Back is giving me oddly Ergo Proxy vibes - travelling towards a goal, going from town to town, each with its own weird leaders running things in eccentric ways.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
oh hey, vaarsuvius costume, nice

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol at the attempt to make isaac interesting. nice try, comic!