Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Ultimately it never really felt like the game was in doubt but my goodness Josh looked like crap, especially in the 4th quarter

On the plus side the defense looked great and the RBs looked pretty good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nervous about Poyer, though.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
stinky cheese in the second half, don't matter when you can turn it on and get 20points in like 3 minutes

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mcmagic posted:

There were about 5-6 plays where Wilson could've run for like 20 yards and he made bad throws. He just doesn't seen the field well.

feels like zach wilson was pretty badly exposed today. he's not been great in general but oof

also that loving idiot jet who hit mccorkle late and cost them a pick 6 might've genuinely cost them the game

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Bills decided to take the 2nd half off and still won by 10.

Feeling spoiled by the Bills performance… and yet a little disappointed it wasn’t a better showing. Especially by Josh.

I feel kinda gross. *insert “are we the baddies?”.jpeg with the characters dressed as Bills fans*

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Reminded me of Dolphins Steelers except the Bills actually put the ball in the end zone.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So happy a Reddit guy recorded this

https://www.reddit.com/r/miamidolphins/comments/yhmmvk/bro_i_need_you_to_fking_fix_this/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

After the third offensive lineman penalty

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If I may, Bills Empire overlords, be positive about my own team for a moment while under your enormous shadow…

I think this is the first time in my adult life where 2nd and 14 doesn’t feel like a death sentence and if anything, I’m excited to see what wild play ends up with Waddle wide open 15 yards down field for an easy pitch and catch.

It’s… fun… to watch football sometimes?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Weird game. Either Aaron is right that his wrs are that bad or he just isnt willing to throw or maybe this is some galaxy brain attempt to get traded to another team or something.

The Packers were able to run on the Bills with success but I mean down 17 points running kind of hosed them because even if they had gotten 3 and outs passing Josh was turning the ball over in the 4th so the time saved would have been more worth it than the yardage.

The Packers had a few plays but drat they just look so slow.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

TheBizzness posted:

I think this is the first time in my adult life where 2nd and 14 doesn’t feel like a death sentence and if anything, I’m excited to see what wild play ends up with Waddle wide open 15 yards down field for an easy pitch and catch.

Tua converted a million 3rd and 15s it felt like in that game.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
It's going to be hard to find teams that can cover both Tyreek and Waddle and as much fun as it can be making smartass comments about underthrown rainbows, as long as he stays healthy Tua is hitting those 15-20 yard routes consistently.

Besides, Tua just wins football games :shrug:

I still feel Miami is the toughest AFCE opponent. Just got to get that secondary back.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Finally, Xavier Rhodes is ready to rejoin the squad

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bills should hopefully take three of the next four at least, but who knows

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
bills offense was playing mad and trying to pile points on the packers and did a lot of dumb poo poo as a result. they still won by 2 scores so no-harm no-foul but hopefully that's a lesson learned

despite GB's record this was one of the games i was most nervous about on their schedule, glad it's in the rearview mirror

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Just watched the game. What a stupid, stupid, stupid loss by the Jets. The roughing the passer call that negated the pick six was marginal at best, but the defense otherwise did what they needed to do to keep the Jets in the game. Apart from a few plays the offense stunk, and Wilson just destroyed any chances they had of getting back into it with those two boneheaded picks.

This reminds me of the 13-10 loss to the Pats a few years ago where the defense was finally containing Brady but the offense just stunk up the joint.

Classic Jets.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/MattParrino/status/1586933990677745664?t=SFVoI2gUOhpjvu1DubMcsw&s=19
Why would you go at Diggs like that?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TheBizzness posted:

If I may, Bills Empire overlords, be positive about my own team for a moment while under your enormous shadow…

it’s wild how good the third down offense is this year

https://twitter.com/hussampatel/status/1586809923966492673?s=46&t=nVoW--ToacJCM7PoclvlVA

https://twitter.com/nfloncbs/status/1586830383525543938?s=46&t=nVoW--ToacJCM7PoclvlVA

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Because it obviously got to him. Teammates had to intervene after every catch to make sure Diggs didn't get a flag.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Good use of a roster spot for Zack Moss.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Just watched the game. What a stupid, stupid, stupid loss by the Jets. The roughing the passer call that negated the pick six was marginal at best, but the defense otherwise did what they needed to do to keep the Jets in the game. Apart from a few plays the offense stunk, and Wilson just destroyed any chances they had of getting back into it with those two boneheaded picks.

This reminds me of the 13-10 loss to the Pats a few years ago where the defense was finally containing Brady but the offense just stunk up the joint.

Classic Jets.

Don't forget the Jets coming in with the far better ST unit in the metrics and taking a massive poo poo all over the field. It's incredible that you can hold a team under 4 YPP and get 6 sacks and still lose but in the NFL these days if the refs do a 10 point swing in one single play for the team they want to win the game and you aren't a great team you can't overcome that.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Wonder why the refs wanted them to win? Do you think the memo came directly from Goodell or one off his stooges? Will you be counting this game as a win like that Raiders fan?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Adding Chubb to the defense would be insane, but I don’t really know if the Jets should be in the business of moving first round picks given *gestures at Zach Wilson*

https://twitter.com/briancoz/status/1587052238349950978?s=46&t=U36Jm6ciqofYXqFJrzzUPQ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If the Jets are willing to trade a 1 for him they will get him. I think I'd do it. He's really good and I don't want to draft a QB next year anyway.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Adding Chubb to the defense would be insane, but I don’t really know if the Jets should be in the business of moving first round picks given *gestures at Zach Wilson*
This feels like an agent/team namedrops the Jets to drive up the price. Investing that much capital into an edge rusher when they're already locked in to Lawson/JFM/JJ seems unwise.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The Raiders can get out of the Derek Carr deal with minimal dead money after this season. That could be a real option as well.

Derek Carr on the Jets sounds like a cursed combination.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

This feels like an agent/team namedrops the Jets to drive up the price. Investing that much capital into an edge rusher when they're already locked in to Lawson/JFM/JJ seems unwise.

They can get out of Lawson's contract next year and Chubb is better.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Derek Carr on the Jets sounds like a cursed combination.

Imagine having Mac Jones as your QB and making GBS threads on Derek Carr lol

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I feel like for the Jets, firsts are the currency that gets you Lamar, so I'd be real reluctant give them up. Particularly as Chubb is very good, but isn't really going to fix a problem.

I'm not keen on the Dolphins trading for him either. Need either line or secondary help.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

mcmagic posted:

Imagine having Mac Jones as your QB and making GBS threads on Derek Carr lol

it's entirely a vibes based thing. he's an inland empire weirdo christian cultist guy who looks like he's wearing mascara and is mainly known for getting hurt, getting to the playoffs a total of twice, crying on the field, and being the definition of mediocrity after andy dalton's fall. it would make for a truly head brew in new york. also my brain can't conceive what he would look at wearing something other than black or white

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Now lamar on the jets.... ooh. hmm. ah. yeah. Please no

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Phobeste posted:

it's entirely a vibes based thing. he's an inland empire weirdo christian cultist guy who looks like he's wearing mascara and is mainly known for getting hurt, getting to the playoffs a total of twice, crying on the field, and being the definition of mediocrity after andy dalton's fall. it would make for a truly head brew in new york. also my brain can't conceive what he would look at wearing something other than black or white

Mac Jones is a blackface wearing good ole boy who is also a crypto bug.

Carr is having a bad year and he still is avg'ing 7Y/C 63% and 2-1 TD to INT. If the Jets had that kind of QB play they are a playoff team.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 31, 2022

Nov 6, 2002

Really interested in what the mechanics are of the refs fixing a game. Please share.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

tarbrush posted:

I feel like for the Jets, firsts are the currency that gets you Lamar, so I'd be real reluctant give them up. Particularly as Chubb is very good, but isn't really going to fix a problem.

I'm not keen on the Dolphins trading for him either. Need either line or secondary help.
Lamar isn't going anywhere and no one will have the ability to trade for him. The Ravens aren't morons.

mcmagic posted:

They can get out of Lawson's contract next year and Chubb is better.
Fine I guess but Carl Lawson is playing really well and is pretty much the same age. He'd also command $25m+ per year where Lawson is on $15m.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Unless Lamar puts his foot down and says, "I'm not playing another snap for the Ravens." then there is no way he's leaving in the 2023 offseason.

They'll just franchise him again if they can't come to terms on a contract.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

fsif posted:

Because it obviously got to him. Teammates had to intervene after every catch to make sure Diggs didn't get a flag.
After the Gabe Davis unsportsmanlike on Alexander they showed a little highlight clip of all the contact after the whistle Alexander got away with during the game. It was a lot. And some of it seemed on the same level as the shot Davis gave him that drew a flag.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Jets best QB options for next year other than Wilson getting a lot better are Jimmy G and an outside shot at Carr.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Really interested in what the mechanics are of the refs fixing a game. Please share.

Everyone knows the Jets blew it and Zach Wilson blew it.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Mac Jones is a blackface wearing good ole boy who is also a crypto bug.

Yeah and you keep criticizing the vibes, correctly! You want that much of a vibe mismatch for the jets too?!?!

quote:

Carr is having a bad year and he still is avg'ing 7Y/C 63% and 2-1 TD to INT. If the Jets had that kind of QB play they are a playoff team.

He’s also got davante adams and Darren Waller and is apparently capable of getting blanked by the saints lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

pasaluki posted:

Everyone knows the Jets blew it and Zach Wilson blew it.

They got a pick 6 to make the game 17-3 and the Refs decided that a soft hit that had nothing to do with the pick 6 should be the reason the Jets lose the game.

Phobeste posted:

Yeah and you keep criticizing the vibes, correctly! You want that much of a vibe mismatch for the jets too?!?!

He’s also got davante adams and Darren Waller and is apparently capable of getting blanked by the saints lol

Those are pretty much his career numbers though. Actually a bit worse.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Oct 31, 2022

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don't think there's an easy fix at QB and they shouldn't be spending premium picks on non-positions of need. I'd be ok with trading the 1st for Tunsil but not Chubb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I don't think there's an easy fix at QB and they shouldn't be spending premium picks on non-positions of need. I'd be ok with trading the 1st for Tunsil but not Chubb.

Tunsil shouldn't cost a 1 because of the money he's signed for though.