Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

galagazombie posted:

Crazy theory I heard Suletta is actually a clone of the Ericht from the prologue, who’s brain got used to make Aerials AI. After all who better to base the AI that handles the strain on than the one person who could do it? And who better to sync with that AI than its own clone? Hence why Aerial calls Prospera mother, the whole “sister” thing, and Prospera saying“my two daughters” all ominously. Don’t personally believe it, just thought it was batshit crazy enough to be memorable.

I was going to jokingly post "Since Elan isn't a robot, then clearly Suletta is, made in the image after Eri died on mercury!" but I see someone with a bigger brain has me beat :hmmyes:.

Good episode though, Chuchu remains the best character with her commentary on Miorine every so often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/YABOOO_2000/status/1586662801572970496

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Stealing this from the Newspaper Comics thread:

riderchop posted:

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Looks like we know who Character A is. I wonder why they wanted to hide that it was Lauda's Dilanza, it's not exactly a surprise that the second Jeturk son would also have a Jeturk mobile suit.
Incidentally, the only character left who's in the piloting department but doesn't have a confirmed mobile suit is Felsi, the Guel fangirl with the topknot. Every other piloting department character so far is at least tangentially important, so I wonder if she'll actually get some focus at some point.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Endorph posted:

Incidentally, the only character left who's in the piloting department but doesn't have a confirmed mobile suit is Felsi, the Guel fangirl with the topknot. Every other piloting department character so far is at least tangentially important, so I wonder if she'll actually get some focus at some point.

Guel's gonna steal her ride next

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

Which track is Secelia in? Y'know, the girl who hangs around the duelling committee lounge making sassy comments.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth Walrus posted:

Which track is Secelia in? Y'know, the girl who hangs around the duelling committee lounge making sassy comments.

Management Strategy by her profile.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You know if they substitute the school setting with an endless boss rush of competing mobile suit battles nearly every week I'm okay with that.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Seems like the general trend is a big fight every other episode but it sure does look an awful lot like next episode will have another big robot fight

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder what the advantage is of elan's robot stunning robot components instead of blowing them up and permanently "stunning" them.

I guess this bypasses any armor for a surefire disable on hit? Is there an actual meaningful projectile travel time normal beam weapons have that these stun lasers bypass?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
When Guel and Suletta fired at each other they were able to form beam shields that deflected the attack, and resulted in no damage. Possibly if they had done it vs Elan, Elan would have instead disabled some of the Aerial's bits.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
it's a hard cc that can presumably stunlock an entire small squadron on its own. it would be ridiculously valuable to have on your side. it also presumably lets you escalate or deescalate a conflict depending on the risk of collateral damage

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

I wonder what the advantage is of elan's robot stunning robot components instead of blowing them up and permanently "stunning" them.

I guess this bypasses any armor for a surefire disable on hit? Is there an actual meaningful projectile travel time normal beam weapons have that these stun lasers bypass?

I get the vibe that they're low-powered weapons that let Elan use more and smaller bits - quantity over quality. The Aerial's bit staves seem fewer and chunkier.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Pharact being another offshoot of GUND technology makes me think that Peil saw the GUND disabling tech from the prologue and decided to reverse engineer it as a "gently caress you we can shut down your suits too" middle finger.

Wonder how long Delling is going to go on convinced things are under control when he's got Jeturk aiming to kill him and two corporations blatantly using GUND technology in wargames testing in violation of the accords.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MechaGirlOTD/status/1587114153159917572?s=20&t=XVkSuuF7rE1GlECT2XB7hA

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I hope she never moves from that couch. Put it on the battleship or whatever they move to in the second half

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is it really that surprising. Hot girl in knee high stockings who sits around looking pretty is popular by design.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I don't think I've seen a single piece of fanart for her, it's all Suletta and friends/suitors.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/_errant/status/1585632764837388291?t=FRIF08Fj8LcYKeze0wWHpQ&s=19

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

She's loving hilarious every time she's on screen. Her VA is great at conveying that sassy, sarcastic tone even in the first episode and I imagine off screen she listens to a lot of Lizzo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is she actually funny? She's said maybe three lines all show.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

haypliss posted:

I don't think I've seen a single piece of fanart for her, it's all Suletta and friends/suitors.

https://twitter.com/unghjaeefrulgfg/status/1587074293904551937?s=46&t=nWZiZHFDyokATEdWoHfaug

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Arc Hammer posted:

look when she's snarking guel for having a rich daddy who can rig things it counts

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I reckon probably 50-50 odds they have her birthday at some point in the series, and have a really happy and light-hearted episode hard pivot with a traumatic recollection of her 4th Birthday.

Happy Birthday, to you....:shepface:

Oh God there's no way her mother ever sang that again so there's actually a high probability she hasn't ever heard the song since then.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pretty sure someone did say her name on screen when she was smugging at Guel about his daddy privilege. At least it showed up on the subs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Mirorine: Ooh, Suletta maybe we should go inside.

Suletta: But Mio Mio, that Secelia girl hasn't done anything yet! Look at her, she's gonna do something and you know it's gonna be good!

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

She's not saying jokes per say, she's a ball buster in a show with a lot of balls that need busting.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Sub-1k likes, "popular" still feeling like a reach!

Anyway, I guess Utena made me stupidly assume all these kids would get in on duels and thus have some more involved character writing. Having characters like her in the non-piloting track and thus (probably) excluded from it is a bit of a bummer.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

haypliss posted:

Anyway, I guess Utena made me stupidly assume all these kids would get in on duels and thus have some more involved character writing. Having characters like her in the non-piloting track and thus (probably) excluded from it is a bit of a bummer.

It's been 5 episodes

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Zipper too small.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think characters can have involved character writing without getting into a robot.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ninjewtsu posted:

You can't make a web of disabling lasers with normal guns.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yea, the whole point of them is that the lasers are near-instant, they don't cause the collateral damage of regular energy weapons, the beams don't require large emitters (they're a fraction of the size of Aerial's funnels), and the beams can be sustained to completely shut down entire areas.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

And they also allow for cruel, drawn-out takeouts of the enemy, which is probably a plus in a corporate dueling environment.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
The last episode had zero tomato symbolism. I think the next episode should introduce another vegetable, to compensate.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Tae posted:

It's been 5 episodes

Allow some inconsequential impatience to someone who likes the show. There's a difference in how Shaddiq has been established and the Burion kids, not even entirely because one is a pilot and the others not. Not knowing the big picture, it seems likely they could easily be as explored as the pilots or stay at the current level of the secondary Earth House members.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
It's fine to have a character who exists just to look pretty and make snarky comments.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

My biggest concern is that I still have to wait 6 days to maybe see Ariel and Pharact whomp on each other.

I couldn't care less about when the pretty person making smartass remarks gets character development.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Yeah if they don't have deeper intentions with them, no point in forcing it. I like the current state of Earth House and Guel's lackeys just as well. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

haypliss posted:

Sub-1k likes, "popular" still feeling like a reach!

Well it was only really the Student Council in Utena that did the duels.