Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Arist posted:

Finally went back and finished NEO TWEWY this evening. I enjoyed it, but I was getting a little fatigued when I hit Week 3, Final Day Double Prime

Yeah the stretch leading up to it drags but I thought it was a fantastic way to cap the game off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

god of war drops like two days before i leave for another city for a week. bummed i wont get to sit with it the weekend it drops but i am def gonna put in maximum hours before i leave.

bc i preordered digitally, i can start playing it "early" right? i think it's available at 9pm tuesday night for me in california.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1586951702724640768?t=_LZJmRDuc6khE0YSdajDOA&s=19

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

ShoogaSlim posted:

god of war drops like two days before i leave for another city for a week. bummed i wont get to sit with it the weekend it drops but i am def gonna put in maximum hours before i leave.

bc i preordered digitally, i can start playing it "early" right? i think it's available at 9pm tuesday night for me in california.

It's out next Tuesday so if it's doing that you'll be able to play it that Monday night I would think.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess the store in the phone app is just saying what you're saying since Google says the 9th.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 31, 2022

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What do you think the chances are that the new Helldivers game is one of the live service games Sony has in development?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Fix posted:

What do you think the chances are that the new Helldivers game is one of the live service games Sony has in development?

Very high.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Phenotype posted:

More God of War chat: this game is hot garbage. Fighting the first valkyrie right now, and nope, this combat system is janky poo poo. I will beat this valkyrie when it decides to let me, and not one moment before. Sometimes it doesn't acknowledge that I've dodged so it can hit me anyway, sometimes it interrupts a combo with an unavoidable attack even though it should be stunned, sometimes it likes to hit me with the red stab when I'm well out of range. Just miserable to play. I have no idea how they put so much effort into every other part of the game and didn't bother to make their combat system work properly.

E: just got her to 1%, she hit me with the wing spin even though I clearly dodged, then comboed me into the red stab to kill me even though I clearly dodged that, too. Hot loving trash.

E2: k, finally killed it. No sense of accomplishment whatsoever, just got lucky it decided not to ignore my dodges and blocks this time. What a poo poo game goddamn.

Mad because Bad… a tale (or in this case, “fale”) as old as time.

Maybe this would be more your tempo OP?:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

what's a jojo siwa. is that anime?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Jojo Siwa (19 March 1922 – 16 January 2014) was an Imperial Japanese Army intelligence officer who fought in World War II and was a Japanese holdout who did not surrender at the war's end in August 1945. After the war ended, Siwa spent 29 years hiding in the Philippines until her former commander travelled from Japan to formally relieve her from duty by order of Emperor Shōwa in 1974. She held the rank of second lieutenant in the Imperial Japanese Army. She was the second to last Japanese soldier to surrender, with Teruo Nakamura surrendering later in 1974.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chip off the old block

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-OSK52SwD4

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Definitely anime

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

what's a jojo siwa. is that anime?

Definately a reference to it

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Mad because Bad… a tale (or in this case, “fale”) as old as time.

Maybe this would be more your tempo OP?:

:supaburn:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

have you tried the base game in 3rd person?

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Kilometers Davis posted:

Jojo Siwa (19 March 1922 – 16 January 2014) was an Imperial Japanese Army intelligence officer who fought in World War II and was a Japanese holdout who did not surrender at the war's end in August 1945. After the war ended, Siwa spent 29 years hiding in the Philippines until her former commander travelled from Japan to formally relieve her from duty by order of Emperor Shōwa in 1974. She held the rank of second lieutenant in the Imperial Japanese Army. She was the second to last Japanese soldier to surrender, with Teruo Nakamura surrendering later in 1974.

that sounds like my boy Iosef Lilianovich Dros, (the desrter) except he obviously didn't do the part where he actually fought in the war...

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
She’s some gay YouTube kid who was on Dance Moms

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Escobarbarian posted:

She’s some gay YouTube kid who was on Dance Moms

As far as I'm concerned, all youtube kids are gay youtube kids

Electromax
May 6, 2007
My Dualshock 5 has developed drift on the left stick this week that is making Prey unplayable and getting worse. About a year old, even the joycons lasted longer. Never had drift on PS1-PS4... lame. Gonna try cleaning it but not thrilled at the idea of taking it apart or buying another one.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Electromax posted:

My Dualshock 5 has developed drift on the left stick this week that is making Prey unplayable and getting worse. About a year old, even the joycons lasted longer. Never had drift on PS1-PS4... lame. Gonna try cleaning it but not thrilled at the idea of taking it apart or buying another one.

Why do the Dual Sense controllers get drift so easily? The sticks don't seem to work any differently than the ones in the DS4 and those were robust.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Bugblatter posted:

Why do the Dual Sense controllers get drift so easily? The sticks don't seem to work any differently than the ones in the DS4 and those were robust.

The component is apparently the same in a range of controllers and they all gently caress up the same.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My right switch joycon remains the only stick drift issue I’ve ever had in ~25 years of analogue action, I have no idea what the rest of the world is doing to their controllers.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

History Comes Inside! posted:

My right switch joycon remains the only stick drift issue I’ve ever had in ~25 years of analogue action, I have no idea what the rest of the world is doing to their controllers.

I had two dual sense controllers drift basically out of the box and a third one's trigger go slack after a month. Thankfully I can just exchange broken poo poo in Australia so now I have a white controller I'm afraid to use because it's three older siblings died and a black one that hasn't skipped a beat since I bought it when they released the colour controllers.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Electromax posted:

Is drifting as big of a problem on the DualShock 5 controllers compared to the Joycons?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Joycons were bad enough that Nintendo got shamed into extending the warranty on repairing them, so probably not

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Lol I've been transported into the sellia crystal tunnel and now I'm totally hosed.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:sickos:

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Ah gently caress now I'm in the swamp and I miss Limgrave :cry:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
All right, this is my last question since I just bought a PS5, but right now I'm going through my PS4 games and doing the free PS5 upgrades. As I understand it, you need to keep the PS4 disc to play the PS5 version. My question is whether inserting the PS5 disc for a game I upgraded would allow me to access the game. I'm asking this because I would like to eventually buy the physical copies of the PS5 games by selling the PS4 discs.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Willo567 posted:

All right, this is my last question since I just bought a PS5, but right now I'm going through my PS4 games and doing the free PS5 upgrades. As I understand it, you need to keep the PS4 disc to play the PS5 version. My question is whether inserting the PS5 disc for a game I upgraded would allow me to access the game. I'm asking this because I would like to eventually buy the physical copies of the PS5 games by selling the PS4 discs.

You might have to delete and reinstall them because it differentiates between disc and digital copies, and an upgrade from PS4 copy might be counted as digital since it’s downloaded in full instead of copied from disc and patched.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

The Perfect Element posted:

Lol I've been transported into the sellia crystal tunnel and now I'm totally hosed.

There's something je ne sais quoi about forcefully transporting the player to one of the most difficult areas in the game within hours of New Game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

WaltherFeng posted:

There's something je ne sais quoi about forcefully transporting the player to one of the most difficult areas in the game within hours of New Game.

I like it that some people bashed their heads against it getting mad while I went lmao nice one I'm getting the gently caress out of here

VVVV yeah steal all the poo poo you can tho

JBP fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 31, 2022

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you're a sorc character there's a staff and spell scroll in the ruins just outside that tunnel that'll carry you all the way to level 70.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

JBP posted:

I like it that some people bashed their heads against it getting mad while I went lmao nice one I'm getting the gently caress out of here

people bashed their heads against it getting mad while trying to get the gently caress out of there lol

the first time you see the gross shrimp things fire homing lasers at you is a goddamn trip, let me tell you

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

The Selia Crystal tunnels were a great mean prank. I banged my head against it so hard until I realized I could easily run down to a site of grace while ignoring everything instead of trying to fight my way up

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I started wretch, so all I was wearing was a shirt and boots when I popped the chest open. Running out of that tunnel buck naked into a lake of poo poo at 2am launch day sure was fun.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
Yeah I escaped straight into the loving swamp. The swamp is horrible. I'm trying to get back to Limgrave via the town of sorcery, but those ghosts ruin me. I managed to get far as the gate of aeonia (and got given a side quest which I'm not gonna loving do cos I hate the swamp) before getting destroyed by some undead and taken right back to the mines again.

This is a learning opportunity for which I should be grateful.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

It likely being the first of those traps makes the next few nerve-wracking to open. The fact that the second one will likely just take you to a safe and gorgeous lookout in the north is even funnier.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

The Perfect Element posted:

Yeah I escaped straight into the loving swamp. The swamp is horrible. I'm trying to get back to Limgrave via the town of sorcery, but those ghosts ruin me. I managed to get far as the gate of aeonia (and got given a side quest which I'm not gonna loving do cos I hate the swamp) before getting destroyed by some undead and taken right back to the mines again.

This is a learning opportunity for which I should be grateful.

You realize that as soon as you activate a site of grace you can just fast travel from the map?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

I started wretch, so all I was wearing was a shirt and boots when I popped the chest open. Running out of that tunnel buck naked into a lake of poo poo at 2am launch day sure was fun.

goty for this if no other reason

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
That trapped chest had me hooting and hollering and cackling like a mad man.