Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BlindSite posted:

Met my brother for a coffee earlier, had his baby with him. Where we were sitting the sun was in her face so my brother put his packers hat on her head to shield her eyes. Bloke walking past goes "oh getting her used to disappointment early I see".

lol drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

BlindSite posted:

Met my brother for a coffee earlier, had his baby with him. Where we were sitting the sun was in her face so my brother put his packers hat on her head to shield her eyes. Bloke walking past goes "oh getting her used to disappointment early I see".

Or a fulfilling life in rural Wisconsin. Green house, cheese curds, a kid named Brett.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

a neat cape posted:

gently caress off Chargers

You don't want him he will only disappoint you

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs inquiring about Josh Allen on Jacksonville.

If we get him the playoffs announcers are going to have a bunch of jokes for sure.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Defensive Josh Allen dominated Offensive Josh Allen last time they played, so not a bad guy to grab.

Granted, Jags would be loving stupid to trade away their Josh Allen, but it is the Jags so...

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the Jags, who need good players, should extend Josh Allen, who is very good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bellmaker posted:

You don't want him he will only disappoint you

Our WRs right now are Josh Palmer, Joe Reed, and Andre Carter

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

BlindSite posted:

One time I was walking in center city Philly and some guy on a stoop gave me some razz and how he was a cowboys fan and it was just a really baffling experience. This was back during the dying years of Andy Reids time here so yeah the eagles were declining but the cowboys were like rock loving bottom bud.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh the London game is on ESPN+ only? Thank God, I have an excuse to not watch it.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

How did Matt Canada ever get the Steelers job? Cronyism?

Yep. He's real good buddies with Tomlin and recruited his kid to Maryland when he was coaching there. He also had his only good season as an offensive coordinator ever in 2016 at Pitt sharing the same building as the Steelers which somehow brain broke Tomlin despite Canada loving sucking rear end everywhere else he has been, and in college, never been anywhere else in the NFL. It's 100% cronyism and Tomlin's continued dedication to him is yet another dark spot on his coaching record and history of hiring go nowhere do nothing assistant coaches. It's a blatantly obvious disaster situation to everyone outside of it and willful ignorance to everyone inside of it

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

yes, roethlisberger pushed him and Tomlin didn't want to fire him after one year once roethlisberger retired.

roethlisberger hated canada lol

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
^^^^oh my bad, i just remember he was QB coach and the previous OC had been a Roethlisberger QB coach first as well

Roasted Donut posted:

Yep. He's real good buddies with Tomlin and recruited his kid to Maryland when he was coaching there. He also had his only good season as an offensive coordinator ever in 2016 at Pitt sharing the same building as the Steelers which somehow brain broke Tomlin despite Canada loving sucking rear end everywhere else he has been, and in college, never been anywhere else in the NFL. It's 100% cronyism and Tomlin's continued dedication to him is yet another dark spot on his coaching record and history of hiring go nowhere do nothing assistant coaches. It's a blatantly obvious disaster situation to everyone outside of it and willful ignorance to everyone inside of it

wasn't he QB coach for the steelers first?

then tomlin did the dumb thing of just promoting him again. i assume he's firing Canada's rear end this year and just didn't do it last year bc it would have be an admission that he made a terrible hire

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

^^^^oh my bad, i just remember he was QB coach and the previous OC had been a Roethlisberger QB coach first as well

wasn't he QB coach for the steelers first?

then tomlin did the dumb thing of just promoting him again. i assume he's firing Canada's rear end this year and just didn't do it last year bc it would have be an admission that he made a terrible hire

he was QB coach the year before becoming OC, all the college associations happened prior to that. they really need to can him during the bye so they can at least have someone else calling plays and seeing if pickett is worth anything before their top 5 pick next year. tomlin is very devoted to his hires though which has been a terrible stubbornness because a lot of his hires have been bad

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
matt canada is genuinely the worst nfl oc i have ever seen. even worse than like brian schottenheimer. straight up cam cameron bad. it's disgusting

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Roasted Donut posted:

matt canada is genuinely the worst nfl oc i have ever seen. even worse than like brian schottenheimer. straight up cam cameron bad. it's disgusting

oh yeah, he's horrific. i dont think Tomlin is the type to can him before the season ends either. he'd probably just lean on him heavily to adjust certain play calls

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1586661689600184322

Yeah that’s not awkward. He’s probably getting released.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Who would even want him? Guy doesn't look impressive this season in a McVay offense.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1586416084311511040

I don't think the giants can afford him, or can only juuuusssttt pull it off but Giants/Rams make a lot of sense

Makes too much sense for the Rams

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mega64 posted:

Who would even want him? Guy doesn't look impressive this season in a McVay offense.

If only somebody could have predicted this

oh everyone did

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

PIVOTAL WEEK 8!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tulalip Tulips posted:

How are the Packers a very cringy mediocre while the Seahawks are a pleasently surprisingly medicore/mildly decent?

https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1586876057046876160

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Aaron Rodgers: “Everyone on the team needs to stop playing so badly. Not me of course. I’m awesome.“

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So obviously we’re never speaking of the panthers game again but PJs throw was maybe the longest in air completion ever.

https://twitter.com/sethwalder/status/1586815105756532738?s=46&t=FY4is8CbkJsrBK8v85ZpNg

Only goes back to 2016 but got me thinking of who would have been the top at this. Gotta be prime culpepper to moss, right?

Daunte was just firing artillery back then.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I still can't believe pj walker just casually unleashed the loving dragon and won the game if not for a lovely kicker.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

2015 had that Rodgers missile to Rodgers in Detroit. It looks like that one was officially 61 yards though (I don't think that counts the actual air travel distance).

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

FizFashizzle posted:

So obviously we’re never speaking of the panthers game again but PJs throw was maybe the longest in air completion ever.

https://twitter.com/sethwalder/status/1586815105756532738?s=46&t=FY4is8CbkJsrBK8v85ZpNg

Only goes back to 2016 but got me thinking of who would have been the top at this. Gotta be prime culpepper to moss, right?

i think i watched Jeff George hit 70 before in some video on youtube

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

Randall Cunningham’s 95-yard TD pass against Buffalo (Where he ducked under Bruce Smith to avoid a safety) was from well in his own end zone and was caught over midfield, so that may be up there. There’s probably some cannon armed guys going back who had some crazy bombs.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

really queer Christmas posted:

I still can't believe pj walker just casually unleashed the loving dragon and won the game if not for a lovely kicker.

If not for a moron WR who made a great play and then hosed the extra point by ripping his helmet off for no reason.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

davecrazy posted:

If not for a moron WR who made a great play and then hosed the extra point by ripping his helmet off for no reason.

Basically everyone after the game who looked at the rules said that should not have been a penalty. I have a hard time being angry at DJ Moore considering everything he's done and been through since he's been in Carolina. Absolute chickenshit penalty.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

davecrazy posted:

So how much money did you have riding?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

FizFashizzle posted:

Basically everyone after the game who looked at the rules said that should not have been a penalty.
I would have sworn that taking your helmet off in the field of play it is a penalty automatically unless the helmet is knocked off in the process of the play?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 31, 2022

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

FizFashizzle posted:

Basically everyone after the game who looked at the rules said that should not have been a penalty. I have a hard time being angry at DJ Moore considering everything he's done and been through since he's been in Carolina. Absolute chickenshit penalty.

Agreed. Even if the rules said it should have been a penalty, any enforcement that doesn't allow for a spontaneous outburst of emotion after a play like that is bullshit, and way more people would be angry about it if it didn't happen in a relatively low-profile game. Terrible call.

E: Also, does anyone else think the refs got a memo about enforcing taunting this week? I feel like I saw more games where it got called yesterday than the rest of this year put together.

Black Lighter fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 31, 2022

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

So how much money did you have riding?

I forgot my password and locked myself out of my fanduel account last week. I haven't bothered taking the 90 seconds to re-open it because having it locked means I'm not as tempted to make dumb Bill Simmonseque 4 team parlays.

My max bet on any one game is :10bux: so it's not like I gamble with the kids college fund.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I would have sworn that taking your penalty off in the field of play it is a helmet automatically unless the helmet is knocked off in the process of the play?

He caught a 60+ yard pass for a TD, got up, took his helmet off at the back of the end zone. He didn't throw it 50 yards downfield at the 30 yard line or anything

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kazil posted:

He caught a 60+ yard pass for a TD, got up, took his helmet off at the back of the end zone. He didn't throw it 50 yards downfield at the 30 yard line or anything
I'm not sure I follow. He took his helmet off in the field of play (a not-his-team's-sideline part of the field). Maybe I should have been more specific: my understanding is that if you take your helmet off anywhere that is not your own sideline it is automatically a penalty. Therefore DJM got penalized for taking his helmet off in the back of the endzone.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I'm not sure I follow. He took his helmet off in the field of play (a not-his-team's-sideline part of the field). Maybe I should have been more specific: my understanding is that if you take your helmet off anywhere that is not your own sideline it is automatically a penalty. Therefore DJM got penalized for taking his helmet off in the back of the endzone.

It's very letter of the law and not spirit of the law. It's also not why the Panthers lost the game, imo. Just one of those things where the NFL is very anti-fun

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah it's technically a penalty but like, come on. If there was a time to let something slide, that was it

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah it's technically a penalty but like, come on. If there was a time to let something slide, that was it

Definitely agree but I don't know how you explain it to Arthur Smith then.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kazil posted:

It's very letter of the law and not spirit of the law. It's also not why the Panthers lost the game, imo. Just one of those things where the NFL is very anti-fun
Oh absolutely. I'm not saying I agree with it I'm just saying thats how I understood it and if my understanding is right, I understand why it got penalized because:

fsif posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

"don't give up a 70 yard TD pass from PJ Walker."

I would have sworn that taking your penalty off in the field of play it is a helmet automatically unless the helmet is knocked off in the process of the play?

Tony Dungy/Terry McCauley both said per the rules, it only counts if the player is in the field of play. DJ Moore was not, and he did not go back on to it, and it was not during the play.

Additionally, Cam did something similar last year against Arizona and the penalty was applied on the kickoff, but unclear if the coach was given a choice about that.