Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

We're about to see a whole new level of "Tanking a race team to employ my grandson"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

it's unfair to bubba if ty gibbs is allowed to race for the championship

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
https://twitter.com/_grosssssssss/status/1586491852152311808

HE THINK HE JESUS

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

drat he rules actually

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i finally have a streaming setup again and a copy of dirt to daytona that's just begging to be shared with others

winter heat gonna get hot starting the weekend after next

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

BAHAHAHAHA WTF ROSS HOLY poo poo

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

That was loving AWESOME

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Oh my loving god

Project Gotham Racing 2 poo poo out here

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Holy loving poo poo

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

ROSS CHASTAIN YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
loving amazing! That’s my loving guy out there!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/1586834658028703744?s=20&t=ednE4_59a6ZH9fyh_y8iTw

Fully insane

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
https://twitter.com/nascarman_rr/status/1586835640443961345?s=46&t=uxmDAQ6z15mYyWIfUnL86g

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

On-track spat. Pocono payback only for him to get owned himself by NASCAR. Video Game Move to knock him out of a chance at a title.

Someday, Denny Hamlin is going to murder Ross Chastain, on track or otherwise.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

That was so nuts that Bell walking it off for a second time is the B story

And multiple drivers already whining about Chastain’s move

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

really glad i decided to come to this race

i was already losing my mind that bell made the comeback and when i saw chastain on the replay i about died

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

kidcoelacanth posted:

really glad i decided to come to this race

i was already losing my mind that bell made the comeback and when i saw chastain on the replay i about died

This was me after the 2004 July Busch race at Daytona where I was just happy someone cost Junyer a win on a plate track (after he led all 100 laps the year before and I went home mad) and then the scoring pylon updated.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

kyle larson is really concerned about whats embarassing for the sport all of the sudden

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

someone topped his video game moment and now he's upset.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I don’t know how anyone’s response was anything but gently caress YEAH

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
literally everyone worth listening to in NASCAR thought it was awesome and every person you already know is lovely in NASCAR hates it

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Nascar 2022: so you cill

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Is NASCAR gonna ban it? With how well that worked, it's pretty clear that if you don't want to get passed like that at Martinsville on the last corner, you have to do it yourself. 25 cars banging into the wall to finish the race? I'm all for it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I don't see why they would ban it. It's such a rare thing that it would have a purpose to even attempt and also pretty likely it would fail most of the time. But Nascar hates fun so I'm sure there will be a new rule that you can't gain an advantage hitting the wall...

Part of the problem though is having a short track be the last race in a set of playoff races, pretty much just asking for drivers to do stupid poo poo to make it to the next round. Either riding the walls or just wrecking the competition.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I have far more of a problem with how the Xfinity race was won than how someone moved from 10th to 5th in the Cup race.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

they are absolutely going to ban it

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I have watched and been to shitloads of NASCAR races in my lifetime and I have never seen anything like that move, not even close.

He went full send and it was brilliant, when I first saw it I couldn't even comprehend it at first. Taking out Hamlin right at the line was icing on the cake.

That move will live in infamy because NASCAR will absolutely ban it, it will never happen again, and the drivers that have a problem with it are just jealous they don't have the giant balls that Ross does.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 31, 2022

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Man, that stunt really brought out all the debbie downers in NASCAR comment sections.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That was the "I got you a special set of matched tires" scene from days of thunder in real life.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's gonna ban itself the moment someone else tries it and it doesn't work

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/FredSmith914/status/1586840973589417984?t=TQ9BObQXDabDqcnhWLQJGQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/FredSmith914/status/1586842042990153729?t=fQAN8VWM-XVAL_iNxPqxNg&s=19

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

they shouldn't ban it, or else people might not do it again

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Some of the angles from the stands look crazy fast like he was shot out of a cannon

Also the reactions of Jr and Burton at the end are gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3yNc5EasW8

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
https://twitter.com/EthanHSmith_/status/1586900591443181568

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Some of the angles from the stands look crazy fast like he was shot out of a cannon

Also the reactions of Jr and Burton at the end are gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3yNc5EasW8

oh my god the Hamlin radio lmao

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

1 with the hail mary

And Elliot's reaction, completely perplexed :v:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

camoseven posted:

oh my god the Hamlin radio lmao

Chase, Hamlin, and Briscoe were all hilarious.

".......what the hell?"

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Rather than another rule with gray areas like the yellow line and locking bumpers, if they wanna discourage that from happening again, do something to the track to make it not-an-advantage to do that.

Not saying they should change anything at all, that was cool, and it'll be funny to watch ten Xfinity drivers try to replicate it unsuccessfully in the spring, I'd just rather not see another judgment-call rule in the books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
It also destroyed the car and if you gently caress it up you wreck and end up in last, so it's real last ditch stuff. I don't think they need a rule because I don't think it's likely to happen again for a long time!