Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
And any parent that doesn't have these is just making life hard for themselves.

https://a.co/d/9sH1GdL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

SirPablo posted:

And any parent that doesn't have these is just making life hard for themselves.

https://a.co/d/9sH1GdL

oh yeah we've got these stashed everywhere in any car or bag we have access to.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

feeling very lucky that i seem to have escaped horrifying episodes of barfing. well, our second kid is arriving soon so maybe she'll puke everywhere all the time.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

can we get a kids halloween costume roundup

My daughter will be dressed up as a chef (or muffin man depending on whim) after backing out of a previous chicken costume commitment on account of the costume itself being completely horrifying to her for some reason

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

loquacius posted:

can we get a kids halloween costume roundup

My daughter will be dressed up as a chef (or muffin man depending on whim) after backing out of a previous chicken costume commitment on account of the costume itself being completely horrifying to her for some reason

princes peach. I’m bowser and spouse is Mario.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
older son is Link in a moblin mask

younger son is a mole

grandma made both costumes. the moblin mask looks like Kilton himself made it. it's super impressive.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I'm a farmer and the kids are all farm animals. My 6yo is a horse but everyone guesses that she's a giraffe and that makes her mad so now she's aggressively neighing at everybody.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

we got my kid a daniel tiger costume and a fireman costume and let him pick -- he wanted nothing to do with daniel tiger and went apeshit over the fireman thing, especially the hat. i hope he is having fun at daycare today, they're going to do a costume parade.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
daughter was dressed as a jack o lantern, but she is 3 months old and has no choice

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
My son wanted to be a pirate and he's been having Spotify play sea shanties for weeks now and I hope I never hear the Wellerman song again so long as I live.

My daughter wanted to be Queen Elsa and she keeps reassuring us that she doesn't want to hurt us with her ice powers.

The baby is a pumpkin because it was on clearance at H&M :shrug:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My kiddo wanted to be a zombie, then a cute zombie, then a "ghoul", then vampire, then nothing spooky.

She decided to be a unicorn. She put on her costume and asked if she was scary, we told her no since she didn't want to be which made her grin and say, "what if I growl" then growled. Lol

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

park ranger and firefighter.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

cheetah and dragon

son insisted on wearing the same dragon costume from last year. luckily we bought it big

Jolly Guy
Sep 24, 2011
We somehow struggled to find a basic rear end zombie costume, but my 6 year old quickly changed his mind to Captain Underpants once we stumbled across that.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

unlimited shrimp posted:

My son wanted to be a pirate and he's been having Spotify play sea shanties for weeks now and I hope I never hear the Wellerman song again so long as I live.

does he love Jake and the neverland pirates? each ep ends with some pirate band playing music.

Sandtrout Catsuit
Feb 15, 2008

They were all over his body now. He could feel the pulse of his blood against the living membrane.
My four-year-old is hostile to the concept of gender and age categories. She uses she/her for everyone, and there are three categories of people: kids, persons, and guys.

Yesterday she asked her dad "is Mama a person?" I overheard and told her "I'm a person! I have rights!" She thought for a moment and asked me "are you a union worker?"

We've been doing a lot of strike support this summer. Clearly it's made an impact.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Son went as Bowzer, daughter went as Nezuko.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

sonatinas posted:

princes peach. I’m bowser and spouse is Mario.

This you?

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/1587155605025964039

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The face on that dog tells a story. The same story mitt already told

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

ikanreed posted:

The face on that dog tells a story. The same story mitt already told

From the trump thread...

Robot roll call posted:

remember when mario strapped yoshi to the top of his kart for a cross-country trip

This made me laugh way too hard

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sandtrout Catsuit posted:

My four-year-old is hostile to the concept of gender and age categories. She uses she/her for everyone, and there are three categories of people: kids, persons, and guys.

Yesterday she asked her dad "is Mama a person?" I overheard and told her "I'm a person! I have rights!" She thought for a moment and asked me "are you a union worker?"

We've been doing a lot of strike support this summer. Clearly it's made an impact.

Congratulations on raising the most C-SPAM child theoretically possible

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

my kid doesn’t like daisy lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

last night my son crawled across my lap and kneed me directly in the dick and balls ,and then later opened a door very forcefully such that the corner slammed into my toe and i bled everywhere. toddlers, man.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

last night my son crawled across my lap and kneed me directly in the dick and balls ,and then later opened a door very forcefully such that the corner slammed into my toe and i bled everywhere. toddlers, man.

my kid has had a game called "fight time" since he could barely talk where he just wants us to beat the poo poo out of me

I think I showed him pro-wrestling once when he was a toddler, and I'm the only one in his life he can jump on and not really hurt.

Vishass has issued a correction as of 16:49 on Nov 1, 2022

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Vishass posted:

"fight time"

lol

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

sonatinas posted:

does he love Jake and the neverland pirates? each ep ends with some pirate band playing music.

He hasn't seen it but I'm sure he'll love it... :smithicide:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
if any canadians need children's advil / tylenol mailed to them, PM me

(there is a catastrophic shortage of these for Dumb Reasons, apparantly)

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Vishass posted:

my kid has had a game called "fight time" since he could barely talk where he just wants us to beat the poo poo out of me

I think I showed him pro-wrestling once when he was a toddler, and I'm the only one in his life he can jump on and not really hurt.

Is his name Tyler? Or alternatively, start working on his charisma so he becomes the next The Rock and buys you and your spouse a mansion with Hollywood dollars.

Seems like all the worrying about the upcoming birth is starting to take a toll on me. My wife has noticed I've lost some weight, and today at a doctor appointment I got weighted and have lost 2 kg compared to six months ago. So now I'm doing the sensible thing and eating an emergency pizza.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
what are you feeding your kids that requires you to keep vomit bags on hand

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

what are you feeding your kids that requires you to keep vomit bags on hand

our 1.5 year old routinely vomits on the way to daycare because the end of the trip is a set of hairpin curves that occur at a steep downward grade which just does objectively awful things to the human vestibular system

during the winter we drive 90 mins a day on steep incline ice and snow to get her there and we're basically grateful we got the slot, the more local option isn't a thing for 1-2 years at least.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my kid literally only eats four distinct foods so his vomit is a very consistent paste. and yeah he gets super car sick every time we go anywhere.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

my kid literally only eats four distinct foods so his vomit is a very consistent paste.

I think I spotted the underlying cause of his poor digestive health.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

oh cool so you're an allergist too?

how about you gently caress off and shut the gently caress up, rear end in a top hat?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Yikes.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my kid took my phone for that last post actually

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I'm sorry that was rude of me, but come on, you gotta know it's not good to have that narrow a diet.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

yeah for sure. we introduce foods one at a time when we can but for the last two years or so the idea of going to the ER hasn't really appealed at all.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

it is a constant struggle to get my daughter to eat anything, even food she was vocally excited for five minutes ago

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I kind of envy my daughter's ability to be contented with plain noodles or steamed broccoli. Our dinners are like a grand tour of the globe every week and, while I'm happy we're exposing the kids to more variety and novelty than we had growing up, I'm also worried we're promoting an unhealthy view of food as more about novelty or pleasure and less about nutrition and sustenance.

Some nights we do the chicken strip or frozen pizza thing, but there'll be weeks where it's like a curry on Monday, stir fry on Tuesday, fajitas on Wednesday, oh there's cabbage left over so let's do okonomiyaki on Thursday, rarebit Friday, and hey it's the weekend we finally have time enough to do the stew/paprikash/etouffee/etc.

... My mother-in-law is frightened of black pepper & most of what I ate growing up came out of a box but we may have over-corrected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

toddlers are really weird about food it's ok

they're learning how to process taste and don't even taste food the same way adults do