Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The Germans are technologically backwards in many respects, but they do have wormhole tech.

They probably figured out black felt at some point.

In 334 BC Alexander the Great won a lot of victories. This made a lot of people very angry. They didn't think he was great at all.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Alexander the great implies the existence of alexander the mid.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

Alexander the great implies the existence of alexander the mid.

That was his uncle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_I_of_Epirus

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1587084624655777792

Graun is pointing out that while the story itself is major, the key takeaway is that there's a growing number of people willing to brief against her.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Holy poo poo, if she manages to take Rishi out as well she will be a more effective labour leader than Keith.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Holy poo poo, if she manages to take Rishi out as well she will be a more effective labour leader than Keith.

I mean, she is implementing all his key policies.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Liz takes out Liz, Braverman takes out every Tory.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
It's amazing how these prominent government people ALWAYS have a closet full of skeletons and whether they get made public is entirely down to whether the press decide it's time for them to go or not.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

There needs to be a ukmt version of this which slowly crumbles into dust like the 'wrong grail' guy at the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There's been previous studies on nitrogen oxides from open gas cooking in the home, and on methane leaks from gas appliances, but this might be the first for VOCs and similar from the gas itself.

US based, but I can't imagine British gas is much better quality, so another reason to move away from gas cooking in houses.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I've noticed a few twitter posts now that have been recommended to me that are just nightmarish arseholes that people I follow also follow, either because they have to or because they need to keep up with what they're doing.

Vaush because of a few gaming streamers, Jacob Rees Mogg because Bastani follows him, and just now Maddox because dril follows him which (A) gently caress me, Maddox is still a thing? And (B) I never see dril tweets but you push me accounts they probably completely forgot they follow?

I know at the moment everyone is blaming this on Musk, but is it possible they've either changed the algorithm, or maybe rolled it back to a stupider version just before he arrived?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Brendan Rodgers posted:

They probably figured out black felt at some point.

In 334 BC Alexander the Great won a lot of victories. This made a lot of people very angry. They didn't think he was great at all.

I always found his father (Philip II of Macedon) to be much more interesting. :agesilaus:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I know at the moment everyone is blaming this on Musk, but is it possible they've either changed the algorithm, or maybe rolled it back to a stupider version just before he arrived?

I think it's that a bunch of people are leaving Twitter at the same time that a bunch are coming back, so if the algorithm seems to be acting differently it's more likely to be in response to that

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
it feels like there's a concerted effort to make people mad about immigration again, but it's running headfirst into the economy as top concern. The stochastic terrorism of a petrol-bombing may be a side effect...

Braverman emails would be a good opportunity to drop the chief pro-quotas Tory in the bin

the critical question in Toryland is whether the ERG-period received wisdom of quotas quotas quotas is really necessary for political survival. "amongst the electorate" and "amongst the Tory selectorate" may yield different answers there, mind

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
It really is mind-boggling that Sunak chose to re-appoint Braverman despite seeing exactly how terrible she was under Truss.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Gort posted:

It really is mind-boggling that Sunak chose to re-appoint Braverman despite seeing exactly how terrible she was under Truss.

"Gotta buy myself some time and let someone else catch the falling knives"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Speaking of dubious political appointments, New New Labour really is moving beyond parody:

https://twitter.com/christian4burys/status/1587065934170177538?s=46&t=krWoKABOPiCLM3TP_RbD-w

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

full fash in fect https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1587139368728272903

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Diet Crack posted:

"Gotta buy myself some time and let someone else catch the falling knives"

it might actually be that... truss vs braverman on immigration was a problem even during her leadership campaign

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Libluini posted:

To put this into perspective, here in Germany everyone involved in what is shown in that picture could face charges up to 3 years in prison.

When I asked my local animal shelter a couple years ago what they think a single cat would need as absolute minimum space, their answer was "at least 50m²". That would be a rather big cage.

Nothing of this is OK.

Edit:

To be as fair as possible, I even went googling how large German catteries are. Turns out, gigantic in comparison to that poo poo above. The tiniest cages I found were still twice the size of the ones shown above, and they were from a tiny medical cattery in a no-name village in the middle of nowhere. They were also open all the time except for medical emergencies, and this worst example of catteries in Germany didn't even cage them in completely even then: There were the obligatory cat tunnels so the cats can get out if they're too stressed. (Cat tunnels like this allow cats to either get outside, or at very least access to a larger room with litter boxes and some room to walk around in.)

All other examples have either "cages" that are more like miniature-buildings, or no cages at all.

Two examples:

No cages, the cats can move freely around, the cattery has actually multiple rooms like this, all connected so cats can freely escape and hide in one of those wooden boxes somewhere else if they can't deal with particular cats. There's also separate places for cats that can't or shouldn't move, but that's not exactly for holiday-purposes. (This is also a vet, all non-vet catteries I found tend to have huge amounts of space reserved.)

Another cattery, also by another vet. The cages stay open most of the time, and those black things are the cat tunnels, the cats can freely leave. Again, cages and tunnels are only getting closed for medical reasons, if e.g. the vet has to do something with the cat and can't just let them run away. In all normal cases, the cats are allowed to roam around. The cages are only for feeding and sleeping.

50sqm is nearly double the size of my flat! The pens at the cattery at Heathrow airpets (15 years ago) were about 5m x 3m floor area and tall enough for a tall person to stand up straight iirc and also had a shelf for kitties to get onto.

Ed: Are you sure 50sqm isn't the size of one of those open rooms for multiple cats?

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 31, 2022

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

Speaking of dubious political appointments, New New Labour really is moving beyond parody:

https://twitter.com/christian4burys/status/1587065934170177538?s=46&t=krWoKABOPiCLM3TP_RbD-w

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

50sqm is nearly double the size of my flat! The pens at the cattery at Heathrow airpets (15 years ago) were about 5m x 3m floor area and tall enough for a tall person to stand up straight iirc and also had a shelf for kitties to get onto.

Best catteries in the UK are farms who have smaller versions of heated dog kennels with outdoor runs, we discovered this after owing a catte who would have fought any strange cat he was housed with.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Wakeford poo poo is beyond parody. Get booted from LP for pressing 'like' on a green party tweet, or suggesting that maybe Palestinian footballers shouldn't get their knees shot out etc, get welcomed with open arms if you're a no-regrets tory

I'm about 99% decided that in the next general I'll vote Plaid (I live in tory town anyway) - Starmer needs a metaphorical punch on the nose, but in the senedd I'll vote Welsh Labour, and in local council, I'll vote labour or plaid depending on who is standing.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Best catteries in the UK are farms who have smaller versions of heated dog kennels with outdoor runs, we discovered this after owing a catte who would have fought any strange cat he was housed with.

I was looking at that picture in the thread earlier of the perfect cattery and I was thinking about how I could never put my youngest cat in there, she would instantly declare war on every cat in the building. She can make cat or human friends, if they are introduced to her slowly, but that scene in the pictures would be like her entering cat prison.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I was looking at that picture in the thread earlier of the perfect cattery and I was thinking about how I could never put my youngest cat in there, she would instantly declare war on every cat in the building. She can make cat or human friends, if they are introduced to her slowly, but that scene in the pictures would be like her entering cat prison.

My kitties would have had nervous breakdowns if they were in a communal area with other cats. I'm not kidding. They would probably have spent the entire time cowering in the darkest corner they could find.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

yeah it's good for them to have space and places to climb but most of the cats I have known are very picky about other beasts.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
From the graun liveblog

quote:

2m ago
18.35 GMT

Peter Bone (Con) claims anyone listening to this statement would conclude the opposition are more interested in the interests of illegal immigrants than in the interests of taxpayers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

is there any reason why we shouldn't lock the entire conservative party in a concentration camp and let out all the people currently in them?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

No your honour.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*extremely georgian voice* yes. they might survive.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They cost the taxpayer a lot of money so we should simply stop paying them and also take all their money and give it to other people.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Palace of Westminster does kinda look like a suitable detention centre..

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Convex posted:

From the graun liveblog
Which party started a migrant panic to distract from the economy again Peter?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/adambienkov/status/1587147967982706688?s=46&t=krWoKABOPiCLM3TP_RbD-w

Absolute psycho institution.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

OwlFancier posted:

is there any reason why we shouldn't lock the entire conservative party in a concentration camp and let out all the people currently in them?

Like a reverse zoo?

"There there Mr & Mrs Norman, you'll be safe in here, where the nasty immigrants can't hurt you"

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
So we couldn't take too many Ukrainians because we had to go and do ridiculously onerous checks on all the accommodation of perfectly good houses, but if you don't happen to be the exact politically useful type of immigrant you can shut your loving mouth and be happy we pulled the tarp over you in the disease pit.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was more thinking a reality TV show where they have to attempt to build a society in there and probably just eat each other.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

OwlFancier posted:

I was more thinking a reality TV show where they have to attempt to build a society in there and probably just eat each other.

I'm suddenly reminded of the thing I discovered several threads ago - the biosphere isolation project that went badly the first time, so the second time they hired Steve Bannon.

But with cameras this time!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

DON'T TORIES
OPEN INSIDE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I was thinking something more speedily terminal as they are killing the NHS and i can hold a grudge.... but apparently that's illegal. :rolleyes: