Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

He peed on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

What's with the yellow hand? It's been years since I've watched the show but I don't remember him having a yellow hand.

Ghost cum

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

They cited a specific episode the ghost Jaga figure is based on, I think it was the one where he had a ghost battle with Grune the Destroyer. I can’t remember every detail but I know he demonstrated some crazy ghost powers that didn’t come up often. Maybe some knd of lay on hands healing power. It looks cool!

The detail that intrigues me is he’s wearing a fancy belt that he didn’t usually have. I’m curious what the belt is about. I don’t know if it comes off.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1587208259315781633?s=46&t=N_6ecsraNMRM7syKYR_rhg

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I kinda want a holiday Mando too. I like his sweater

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

CelticPredator posted:

I kinda want a holiday Mando too. I like his sweater

It looks cozy.

Saw this too:

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1587214078736728065?s=46&t=orHtQa4K9mEC-feC9pfLpg

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Is there a list of the Christmas Black Series? I've seen the Protocol Droid and now that one. Is there a Wookiee?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Shiroc posted:

Is there a list of the Christmas Black Series? I've seen the Protocol Droid and now that one. Is there a Wookiee?

Yes!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The Wookiee is actually the best one.

Also those cool KotOR and Mara Jade figures go up for preorder tomorrow at 1 pm EST.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Hilariously the Black Series Halloween Wookie and the upcoming Holiday troopers are all out at Forbidden Planet and other online stores in the UK already.

Is showing as in stock here:

https://www.comicsandcocktails.co.uk/store/Star-Wars-The-Black-Series-6-Wookiee-Halloween-Edition-p501453116

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
gently caress yes Snow Wookiee. I have a Lego version from an Advent Calendar that's similar that I adore.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Holiday sweater Mando is great

And this magnificent bastard, who's as far above mutants as they are above you.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The latest from USPS is that my Walgreens Sentry successfully made the journey from New York to California and arrived in San Francisco in the wee hours of this morning. It then departed from San Francisco around noon. Now I know from many years of experience that a rusted out Datsun station wagon can make it from San Francisco up to where I live in about six hours, with pee breaks. So they have no excuse if it doesn’t at least show up tomorrow.

I’m sure you are all following this saga with bated breath as I am.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

how is 3P0 not the gingerbread man!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Where can I buy this?

I dug out the SW Holiday guys from a few years back. I never opened them.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Joe Fisto posted:

I dug out the SW Holiday guys from a few years back. I never opened them.

Those look better than the new ones.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I honestly just want Finn and Poe in a pair of Christmas sweaters

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

Where can I buy this?

Too late, I already bought it.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

The_Doctor posted:

I honestly just want Finn and Poe in a pair of Christmas sweaters

There was at least a Lego Poe in a sweater in one of the Advent calendars.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

To no-one’s surprise, Haslab Ghost Rider didn’t fund.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This Retro (animated) Apolcalypse is fantastic. Probably top 10 of the year. Here he is next to a slightly dusty BAF Apocalypse. You can see how many new parts it has.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Dang, that new Apocalypse head looks great, much better than the sneering one. I don't care for the purple/blue color and still think the BAF is fantastic but am hoping they release that new build with the BAF colors.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Found an iron hide at target today. I only have a few transformers but the 86 line is really awesome. It's a good classic look for the price, someday maybe I'll splurge on a masterpiece but these are great in the meantime.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The_Doctor posted:

To no-one’s surprise, Haslab Ghost Rider didn’t fund.

I think it was overpriced for sure, and the tiers weren’t terribly exciting but I rather liked the actual car model, lighting, and flame effects. If it had been a better value package like the HISS then things might have turned out better.

One thing I didn’t get were the complaints about them going with Robbie and his car instead of Johnny or Danny when it strikes me that’s exactly the kind of thing that should go under the Haslab model. There have already been vanilla Ghost Riders out there in normal production runs on much more manageable bikes. It makes more sense to Haslab less well known characters (see also VS and Deathsaurus) and/or items that are just ridiculously massive (Uni, Galactus, etc) and gauge if there’s enough interest there instead of putting them out, there being no/a tiny audience for it so they mostly gather dust on store shelves until they end up on clearance or whatever (the recent Scorponok/Black Zarak spring to mind).

Dunno, I get the whole ‘interest free loan for corporations’ argument but I also wonder if some it is just down to a number of collectors used to snapping up cheapo bargains being real mad about a purchasing model that prevents it. No more sauntering into a store and picking up something for half price, you’re either in or out, etc.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Sentinel Red posted:

Dunno, I get the whole ‘interest free loan for corporations’ argument but I also wonder if some it is just down to a number of collectors used to snapping up cheapo bargains being real mad about a purchasing model that prevents it. No more sauntering into a store and picking up something for half price, you’re either in or out, etc.

I'm sure that's part of it but I think the overarching push was from the Hasbro c-suite effectively saying "hey we see you make us a lot of money and have had banger Haslab projects, so now you must do one that's cheap to produce and super expensive so that we can make a ton of money for the boa-I mean the shareholders, yes the shareholders". Ryan and team said the decided price was outside their control.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I just hope that Madelyn Pryor figure sees a fan channel release.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shiroc posted:

There was at least a Lego Poe in a sweater in one of the Advent calendars.

This year's has C2P0 and R2D2 wearing sweaters of the each other.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Walgreens Sentry did arrive at my local post office last night and is now “out for delivery, expected before 9PM.” The post office is two blocks from the Walgreens, so it will be fun to see how long it takes to make that trek. I’m fascinated by the thought that if I was having it shipped to my PO box, which is in that post office, it would have cost me six bucks, but because they are driving it two blocks to the Walgreens, shipping is free.

By the way I am not mad, it has taken about five days to ship which is perfectly reasonable for free shipping, it’s just funny to me how complicated it is to mail something here, it toured the whole goddamn continent on its way. Other people got it SO much faster.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

So far all the Christmas guys are up except the Wookie.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Joe Fisto posted:

So far all the Christmas guys are up except the Wookie.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/figures/products/326749.html

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I would like to order the wookiee but the site isn't loading css and is completely unusable. Love the Gamestop experience.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Shiroc posted:

I would like to order the wookiee but the site isn't loading css and is completely unusable. Love the Gamestop experience.

It’s just ridiculous that in 2022 sites haven’t figured out how to operate properly.

Edit: it works within their app. I got one that way.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 1, 2022

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I know it's a long shot, but did any one order an extra con-exclusive Jon Favreau Paz Vizsla figure and is willing to part with it?

I ordered it as soon as I could, and while cancelling some other pre-orders, it got cancelled even though I never selected it from Hasbro's site.

Now all of the orders are shipping out and people are asking double for it on eBay.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Here’s a convenient list of links

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1587527814986752002?s=46&t=KSbF8_zLkZ-ioonY6ozbNA

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
USPS failed to deliver my ems package from amiami because they said there was no authorized recipient at my apartment building. They claim there is a note somewhere that says a post office I can pick it up at. I really hope that ends up being the branch in the same building as my apartment and not the ‘postal annex’ that is somewhere in Seattle.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Hallelujah! Now get that man some pistols!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Anyone miss out on some Origins?

https://twitter.com/skeleternia/status/1587560190765060096?s=46&t=KSbF8_zLkZ-ioonY6ozbNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That’s rad, glad to see them finally restocking the old waves. Though there will be some pissed off scalpers whose $90 listings are ruined.

Joe you will be pleased to know I was reading some old Sentry comics last night and there was actually a scene where he was brandishing a gun. Its fuckin canon!