Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I want to hear his patter.

TRICK OR TREATING IS A MARXIST CONSPIRACY THE TREATS ARE GOVERNMENT WELFARE HANDOUTS AND THE TRICKS ARE TO PREPARE YOU FOR BLMTIFA UN SOROS GANGS SUPER MALE VITALITY FORCE PLUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Xiahou Dun posted:

I want to hear his patter.

TRICK OR TREATING IS A MARXIST CONSPIRACY THE TREATS ARE GOVERNMENT WELFARE HANDOUTS AND THE TRICKS ARE TO PREPARE YOU FOR BLMTIFA UN SOROS GANGS SUPER MALE VITALITY FORCE PLUS

INFO WARS DOT COM INFO WARS DOT COM

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
This episode has been great to listen to, but holy gently caress, norm objects to literally everything and i suspect the judge is ignoring him?

It’s a heck of a thing, that’s for sure

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

rotinaj posted:

This episode has been great to listen to, but holy gently caress, norm objects to literally everything and i suspect the judge is ignoring him?

It’s a heck of a thing, that’s for sure

To clarify - its a deposition so the objections are preserved for later. Its my understanding that the deponent still has to answer the question most of the time even if their lawyer objects, and the transcript is reviewed later to determine what can be presented to the jury

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

KitConstantine posted:

To clarify - its a deposition so the objections are preserved for later. Its my understanding that the deponent still has to answer the question most of the time even if their lawyer objects, and the transcript is reviewed later to determine what can be presented to the jury

That’s interesting. Still, holy gently caress was norm objecting to everything dan and jordan were playing! This was extremely funny to me in that regard, he knows he is fuuuucked

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

It's pretty normal, I think. It was the same for the Austin depositions. It doesn't cost much to object and if you don't, everything is presentable.

objection to form objection to form objection to form

It's the objections non responsive and motions to strike that are fun

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I feel so bad for the poor court reporter trying to keep up with every yes/no question turning into a run-on sentence about the globalists led by congressman Blumenthal controlling the plaintiffs through his nephew, and the judge influencing a partner at Mattei’s firm.

Can’t wait for Alex to bring all his proof of a conspiracy in the next episode :allears:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

red19fire posted:

I feel so bad for the poor court reporter trying to keep up with every yes/no question turning into a run-on sentence about the globalists led by congressman Blumenthal controlling the plaintiffs through his nephew, and the judge influencing a partner at Mattei’s firm.

Can’t wait for Alex to bring all his proof of a conspiracy in the next episode :allears:

The steno throwing a little fit about them all talking quickly over each other was a very interesting blend of sympathy and humor.

You could hear a lot of professionalism just barely containing an even larger amount of frustration there.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I'm in the backlog again! At the beginning of ep 223, Dan mentions that his uncle is a psychologist specializing in DID/"multiple personality disorder" who thinks the disorder is caused by Satanic ritual abuse. That's loving WILD. I wonder if I've ever heard about Dan's uncle on another, different podcast about debunking pseudoscience.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Digital Jedi posted:

Whoa, Dan doesn't get the deal with Orange Cassidy.

I may have to rethink listening to this show moving foward

Yeah his complete ignorance of aew is so strange. Perhaps he is the person wwe has been targeting the past decade

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Man this recent episode was so good. Alex is such a bad liar, he sounds so much like a child trying to explain something they obviously know they're lying about.

And boy does it feel good hearing someone respond to his lies like that. Dan and Jordan should do a MST3K style show for one of the deposition videos, with shadow green screen and maybe even a puppet. Crow's actor is a big leftist maybe he'll join in.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Did it feel like Dan and Jordan were trying to goad Alex into acknowledging KF by really laying into calling him a coward, to anybody else? Ever since Norm called them out, JorDan has had a very different energy about not wanting to taint the experiment, as it were.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
"So you're saying a very simple yes or no question leads to a 4 minute clip I need to put the mic down for?"

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Marsupial Ape posted:

Did it feel like Dan and Jordan were trying to goad Alex into acknowledging KF by really laying into calling him a coward, to anybody else? Ever since Norm called them out, JorDan has had a very different energy about not wanting to taint the experiment, as it were.

My read on it is that they're calling him a coward for being out of studio so often in the immediate aftermath of something bad happening to him specifically.

He is always willing to jump back into the studio for "emergency broadcasts" whenever something terrible happens to someone else that he thinks he can profit from, but the same doesn't happen when there is any form of danger towards him. Dan and Jordan are simply pointing that out.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

"Mr Jones, did you send Dan Bidondi to Newtown to report?'

"noineversenthimidontlikehim"

"Please play exhibit 100"

"I SENT DAN BIDONDI TO NEWTOWN TO REPORT"

I love the amount of rakes that Alex keeps stomping on.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

And I didn't imagine it, that's kind of the plan for the week unless something happens, right?

Dan said there were multiple depositions on multiple days and we only got one, so I'm hoping tonight I get a whole new Formulaic Objections.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

And I didn't imagine it, that's kind of the plan for the week unless something happens, right?

Dan said there were multiple depositions on multiple days and we only got one, so I'm hoping tonight I get a whole new Formulaic Objections.

There were I think 3 days total

Also these are the depositions that Alex was forced to do by the court via the ruling with the daily escalating fines. So he's definitely gonna be more and more pissed off as the days go on

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Alex is back doing regular full shows now so current coverage may also be coming next. Been a lot of really vile poo poo slung about Paul Pelosi lately that could use a Dan-grade debunking IMO.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Marsupial Ape posted:

I definitely felt that with some of Mark’s appearances pre-Austin’s Toward the end of a call in or two he sounded like he was cutting a wrestling promo.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah his complete ignorance of aew is so strange. Perhaps he is the person wwe has been targeting the past decade

he's into the trashiest of trash tv, so that follows

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
BUTTONS!

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Nice!!!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Very jealous.

Mazel tov, hoss!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Xiahou Dun posted:

Very jealous.

Mazel tov, hoss!

Jealous. I put my name in but have not gotten any buttons. That little breaky one is amazing.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Those rule

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I've been hearing on the episodes that they have a zillion to ship out (or Dan does I guess) so it's probably just really slow. People had been getting them for a month or so before I just got these too.

Oh yeah and I put in my request on the link Dan gave pretty close to when the episode came out and he announced it too, like within 30-60 minutes.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 2, 2022

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I also have not gotten my buttons yet. Hope I get that breaky one.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Morroque posted:

My read on it is that they're calling him a coward for being out of studio so often in the immediate aftermath of something bad happening to him specifically.

That’s the ‘why’ of calling him a coward. How they took a particular glee in calling Alex a coward is what caught my attention. Lot’s of school yard taunt energy, which Dan has historically steered them away from.

While I know that Alex knows about KF, I fiercely doubt he listens. I seriously doubt Alex even knows the boy’s names and couldn’t tell you who Dan is by face alone…which is wild considering they’ve met face to face for an extended period of time. Honestly, since Alex didn’t later make fun of Dan’s cross eye, I think Alex ignored him as just another beardy NPC lawyer. Alex is too much of a bully to not attack somebody’s appearance if he hates them.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Mercury_Storm posted:

I've been hearing on the episodes that they have a zillion to ship out (or Dan does I guess) so it's probably just really slow. People had been getting them for a month or so before I just got these too.

Oh yeah and I put in my request on the link Dan gave pretty close to when the episode came out and he announced it too, like within 30-60 minutes.

Same situation. I was up late having a smoke when the episode dropped so I did it before he even finished talking.

Just to be explicit, we all signed up, right? I actively loathe buttons and had to think what I'd even put it on and I still am champing at the bit, so I'm just assuming all KF fans heard that siren call.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I chose not to ask for the free button because I know the hardships Dan puts himself through to make other’s happy. I really am a hero, when you think about it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

0konner posted:

Alex is back doing regular full shows now so current coverage may also be coming next. Been a lot of really vile poo poo slung about Paul Pelosi lately that could use a Dan-grade debunking IMO.

Ah, so I assume he jumped on "the attacker being Pelosi's gay lover" bandwagon then

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

0konner posted:

When did Alex get back?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Marsupial Ape posted:

When did Alex get back?

Been back steadily since Saturday.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Marsupial Ape posted:

I don't really think so. They're pretty consistent about calling him a whiny baby coward who constantly tries to weasel and wriggle his way out from under the things he says and how that contrasts with his on-air bloviating.

They usually felt fine about saying whatever they wanted because they assumed either no one on that side was listening to "the bottom feeders" or it was getting instantly memory holed as a matter of policy.

Knowing they have impacted KF has definitely caused a bit of a paradigm shift, and I don't notice much tone change but I could be missing something. I think they've always just wanted to avoid directly engaging infowars and it's employees and to try not to give them air time or traffic so they could be strictly observers, but I've never know them to hesitate to be critical in a petty way.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 2, 2022

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I don't think KF has impacted IW at all. The only information we have that is the case comes from Norm, who is a motivated liar in his own right.

Norm made it sound like KF being mean to Daria somehow caused both her and Rob to no longer listen to Alex's commands to waste Bankston's time, but the purpose of that lie serves to hide the fact that the corporate representative testimony in the two Texas cases and the Fontaine case was so bad that IW was ordered by the court to hire outside help.

Brittany Paz was hired for other, much better documented reasons, and Norm blamed KF as a means of deflection from that.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Morroque posted:

I don't think KF has impacted IW at all. The only information we have that is the case comes from Norm, who is a motivated liar in his own right.

Norm made it sound like KF being mean to Daria somehow caused both her and Rob to no longer listen to Alex's commands to waste Bankston's time, but the purpose of that lie serves to hide the fact that the corporate representative testimony in the two Texas cases and the Fontaine case was so bad that IW was ordered by the court to hire outside help.

Brittany Paz was hired for other, much better documented reasons, and Norm blamed KF as a means of deflection from that.

Yeah, absolutely no truth comes out of these peoples’ mouths. If at all true, Norm listened to the deposition episodes (probably the Bankston eps for some insight into the man) and thought to himself “this is loving embarrassing”.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Seems like it’s more that they’re finding it harder and harder to contain their disgust for Alex as he continues to double down on lies and egg on the worst behavior in his dipshit fans.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Morroque posted:

No I mean, I don't think KF caused any failure of the IW corporate reps, but it was in norms radar as a super exaggerated excuse for the widespread inadequacy of IW.

The original question I responded to was about whether norm's call-out affected their tone or approach and I generally agreed with you saying the tone didn't change, in no small part because norms call-out was bullshit.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Marsupial Ape posted:

I chose not to ask for the free button because I know the hardships Dan puts himself through to make other’s happy. I really am a hero, when you think about it.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
This Project Camelot guy who just finds words in different languages that kinda sound the same is the most boring person.