Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Does anyone remember a character called Uraraka Ochako? or Toga?

I might be mixing them up with fan designs. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I remember them

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Brandfarlig posted:

Does anyone remember a character called Uraraka Ochako? or Toga?

I might be mixing them up with fan designs. :shrug:

Surely you're just misremembering "Katsuki Bakugo" and "Endeavor".

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I wonder what Dabi's up to

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheHan posted:

I wonder what Dabi's up to

We're gonna smash cut to a pile of ash.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It will be revealed that Shoto and Dabi have gone through five more cycles of Shoto unleashing a new move he's come up with to counter Dabi and Dabi figuring out how to counter the move two seconds after seeing it.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Have we seen Dabi dab? Could be his ultimate move tbh

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The weird dance was the closest we got.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Shoji could have been developed sooner; that heartfelt moment happening as a flashback rather than as a present scene is robbing of its potential. It's also unfortunate that mutants in Class B is not even here for an extra perspective on the state of things.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Official translation, not that anyone seemingly cares anymore:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-371/chapter/25744?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014558

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I care ♥

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Took a peek since folk have been talking about this one more than others.

It's... not out of nowhere, and i have big gaps on MHA so maybe Spinner talked more about it after the villain academia arc, but like. Cramming the protagonist of this world issue in teh cast to 1 chapter, with a flashback in a flashback, while like 3 or 4 of the feuds that have been going on for most of the story are all coming to a head and taking long, slow turns in teh spotlight, is just kinda terrible.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
What is going on with Koda's head? Is he evolving?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Took a peek since folk have been talking about this one more than others.

It's... not out of nowhere, and i have big gaps on MHA so maybe Spinner talked more about it after the villain academia arc, but like. Cramming the protagonist of this world issue in teh cast to 1 chapter, with a flashback in a flashback, while like 3 or 4 of the feuds that have been going on for most of the story are all coming to a head and taking long, slow turns in teh spotlight, is just kinda terrible.

all of the backstory and character motivation for like 2 years now has taken place mainly as brief interludes in long fight scenes, it's not a good formula

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

What is going on with Koda's head? Is he evolving?

A panel early on in the chapter has rock-cracking onomatopoeia, so I figure it's related to his Quirk and he's better able to send out signals to wildlife.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Halloween sketch.

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1587061607196028928

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I really wish Horikoshi had settled into a writer/artist pair like a fair number of manga are doing these days. For all that we bitch and whine about his storytelling, his character designs and art are really fantastic.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kanos posted:

I really wish Horikoshi had settled into a writer/artist pair like a fair number of manga are doing these days. For all that we bitch and whine about his storytelling, his character designs and art are really fantastic.

He could have found a kindred spirit that liked writing about women as much as he likes drawing them.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Let's keep our expectations realistic

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/popcrave/status/1587241421265768448

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Misogynist nerds weighing their hate of She-Hulk versus their love of Mirko right now.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/4719/my-hero-academia-chapter-372

Hitchcock Birds is a pretty great attack name.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Every chapter makes me hate shoji more and more. I'm glad he failed.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
That's very nice, Koda. Now get back in the void where the author clearly wants you to languish. Man, I can't believe I expected him and Aoyama to matter...

Also LOL at how the fight is resolved by Spinner going "Nah" and just jumping over everyone.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

In terms of visuals, given the already jarring theming of this plotline, showing a cop reluctantly drawing their gun to stop a riot as a sympathetic act isn't the best!

It's also a little hard to follow what's going on. Did the people following Spinner give up when they saw the doctors and nurses standing in a line? Did Spinner run them down?.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The second half of the chapter feels really rushed, though it's not that hard to follow what happens. It's more like Horikoshi drew the bare minimum he needed to to convey it.

I'm going to assume Shoji and Koda will reappear again to help out Mic. Sure they didn't get powerups only to immediately fail to accomplish anything with them, right? Right??

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 5, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sindai posted:

The second half of the chapter feels really rushed, though it's not that hard to follow what happens. It's more like Horikoshi drew the bare minimum he needed to to convey it.

I'm going to assume Shoji and Koda will reappear again to help out Mic. Sure they didn't get powerups only to immediately fail to accomplish anything with them, right? Right??

Koda took out the Spider Guy who was serving as Spinner's voice.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Sindai posted:

SO FAST...!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dolash posted:

In terms of visuals, given the already jarring theming of this plotline, showing a cop reluctantly drawing their gun to stop a riot as a sympathetic act isn't the best!

Yeah, that sure was. A thing. I don't even really know why that needed much focus.

Dolash posted:

It's also a little hard to follow what's going on. Did the people following Spinner give up when they saw the doctors and nurses standing in a line? Did Spinner run them down?.

It seems like a combination of Shoji's speech and the doctors caused a good number of the mob to stop, which is hilariously implausible in a crowd of 15,000 that almost certainly did not all hear/see what happened.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like how big lady still doesn’t get a name

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RatHat posted:

i don't particularly like that at all!

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

RatHat posted:

Hori's gonna troll the internet archivists forever.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Delphisage posted:

Man, I can't believe I expected him and Aoyama to matter...

why????

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I can understand why someone would have expected Aoyama to matter given that he got a few focus points, but Koda????

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Official 372 translation.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-372/chapter/25771?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014730

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

I can understand why someone would have expected Aoyama to matter given that he got a few focus points, but Koda????

Koda has had two big moments in this manga, him defeating Mic with an army of bugs and now this chapter, that's more than a lot of other characters can say.

EDIT: He also technically won his joint training match, so I think he has a better usccess rate than Momo.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 6, 2022

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Koda has had two big moments in this manga, him defeating Mic with an army of bugs and now this chapter, that's more than a lot of other characters can say.

They even played the All Might music for that first moment, oddly enough.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Kanos posted:

His quirk seemed like a great means of spying as the traitor, and a beast tamer could make for a neat fight.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They totally could have done some dumb rear end comic poo poo like "heh, don't you know that the systems that control your body are like those of a lizard".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

i get what hori's going for with the paneling (i think) but lmao that we're being formally experimental and getting into spinner's POV so that we don't have to spend any time on the actual action of the mob stopping and dispersing. like i'm sure we'll go back to it later for cleanup and it'll be like oh shoji stopped the cop from firing/took the bullet and spinner killed some doctors or something, but with the intentionally vague closing pages and the sudden swerve it has a vibe of "okay yeah enough mutant racism or whatever time for what the people really want: present mic & spinner 1v1

also when he used the pig dude for the reaction shot of the hospital doctors i was like oh did this guy show up earlier in the chapter and i wasn't paying attention? is he like our mob POV character? and the answer is no but inexplicably there are a lot of uniquely-designed pig/warthog type dudes in this chapter. the reaction shots to both shoji and spinner's speeches feature two other visually distinct pig-based heteromorphs for some reason.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 7, 2022