Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Fell Cleave Potency has been increased from 470 to 490.

:getin:

e: Oh hey MCH buffs too that's nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A stealth Tactics Ogre crossover event, I see.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
MCH buffs are insane.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

make Fell Cleave an even 500 potency you cowards

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

An extra 20 potency per weaponskill for Wildfire (plus Heat Blast, which is also increasing by 20 potency per use) is huge, drat. Makes me wish playing on the East Coast didn't make trying to get 6 weaponskills in my Wildfire windows incredibly difficult!

Anyway, more immediately relevant to my main is the Empyreal Arrow buff. 30 extra potency every 15 seconds is legitimately massive, wow.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Arist posted:

An extra 20 potency per weaponskill for Wildfire (plus Heat Blast, which is also increasing by 20 potency per use) is huge, drat. Makes me wish playing on the East Coast didn't make trying to get 6 weaponskills in my Wildfire windows incredibly difficult!

Anyway, more immediately relevant to my main is the Empyreal Arrow buff. 30 extra potency every 15 seconds is legitimately massive, wow.

Yeah, it's difficult to intuit how much a difference that makes overall (at least for me) but a 15% buff to our main oGCD isn't bad. I appreciate this game's willingness to buff often rather than rarer big changes. It helps show intent even when the effect takes a few steps.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So that's basically every item from the 69 dungeon dyeable now right?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yeah. I think all that gear shares a model with a piece from elsewhere that is already dyeable so I'm not sure why they'd bother. But it was probably an easy change to make.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

MCH buffs are insane.

I'm not sure I would call 2.5% insane

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
its not huge, but its significant by the standards of "FF14 job buffs" and mch dps is also less than 5% below the best performing phys ranged right now, so it doesn't need much.

e: I'm not going to go back and do the math, but I'd guess that 2.5% is probably on the high end for a single-patch potency change in any direction, historically (not counting like, expansions and major mechanical reworks)

Steelion fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 1, 2022

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Can the MNK pvp buff be "damage from your weaponskills with massive animations, but especially Bootshine, the first one you have to use, kicks in earlier so you get credit for hitting things when they die before your animation finishes" please

That being said I really love the class, it's a "You're out of position" monster.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Cleretic posted:

Patch notes.

I don't need to be an expert in balance to see that... wow, Summoner's making out like a bandit, huh? And I can definitely imagine Machinist's more conservative buffs adding up given how fast it is.

Inferno, Earthen Fury, and Aerial blast are the moves the primals do when you summon them. So those each get cast once a minute, and you fester twice a minute. So this will help but you're still crossing your fingers and hoping and praying that your heavy hitters get a direct crit.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Steelion posted:

its not huge, but its significant by the standards of "FF14 job buffs" and mch dps is also less than 5% below the best performing phys ranged right now, so it doesn't need much.

e: I'm not going to go back and do the math, but I'd guess that 2.5% is probably on the high end for a single-patch potency change in any direction, historically (not counting like, expansions and major mechanical reworks)

the way people talk about it you'd think it was 50% less

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That 5% mattered during week one prog in 7 and 8 but never outside of that

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Steelion posted:

It's a huge buff on your burst since 2 of those 3 casts are gonna be guaranteed true crits and the wildfire buff is significant over the long run. It's 2.5% on paper but in how it's gonna be played and shake out comparatively it's massive.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

cheetah7071 posted:

That 5% mattered during week one prog in 7 and 8 but never outside of that

People were still excluding MCH from PF groups as recently as a few days ago, so...

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Kyrosiris posted:

People were still excluding MCH from PF groups as recently as a few days ago, so...

Current-level savage pfs are always insane though.

I saw party requests stipulating that all DPS had to have min 530 ilvl... on the 2nd week of the new savages.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

to be fair you can find all kinds of weirdoes making PFs, it's an abyss containing the purest varieties of human peculiarity

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Looks like the 2.5% buff to MCH put it significantly closer to the next lowest ranged DPS (BRD), but it's still not enough to get it out of last place. It needs another significant buff patch and hopefully 6.3 will give Heat Blast the treatment that Blood Weapon/Inner Release got.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Roluth posted:

Looks like the 2.5% buff to MCH put it significantly closer to the next lowest ranged DPS (BRD), but it's still not enough to get it out of last place. It needs another significant buff patch and hopefully 6.3 will give Heat Blast the treatment that Blood Weapon/Inner Release got.

Heat Blast and Wildfire, especially if they're gonna keep lumping potency into the latter.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
What happened to Blood Weapon? I assume you refer to an earlier patch?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I assume they mean "gets X charges, each attack burns a charge, buff window is generous enough to spend it all on GCDs even if you're lagging" versus "buff lasts for X duration, get as many attacks in as possible, if your ping isn't great you're screwed"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

Savage PF honestly hits its worst state around this time in the tier, imo. Most of the people who are skilled and have had reasonable amounts of time to prog have completely finished all but maybe gearing up alts (which a lot of people don't bother to do). So after a few months you end up with an insanely toxic PF state where all the good players trickle out of the system while all the worst just get more and more mad because they just want their drat clear already!!!

It's really fun to watch, and also terrible to subject yourself to.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Arist posted:

to be fair you can find all kinds of weirdoes making PFs, it's an abyss containing the purest varieties of human peculiarity

Also you are more likely to see the stupidest parties in PF, since the sane ones fill up faster.

That said, while MCH shouldn't be excluded from parties, even after the buff it should probably still be dealing more damage. It has only slightly better party utility than BLM, it should be dealing around the lower melee levels of rDPS, not less than RDM.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Posting to remind myself to get the CC Season 3 rewards since I forgot to claim Season 1 and 2.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Martman posted:

Savage PF honestly hits its worst state around this time in the tier, imo. Most of the people who are skilled and have had reasonable amounts of time to prog have completely finished all but maybe gearing up alts (which a lot of people don't bother to do). So after a few months you end up with an insanely toxic PF state where all the good players trickle out of the system while all the worst just get more and more mad because they just want their drat clear already!!!

It's really fun to watch, and also terrible to subject yourself to.

i saw this post on reddit yesterday

quote:

My experience with P6S in PF was that group DPS is really bad, even in "Duty Complete (Weekly Reward Unclaimed)" groups. Often, even a single death would lead to a wipe on Enrage because the group just couldn't pull high enough numbers with the debuff+lost resources.

which is absolutely insane because the dps requirement for p6s is very, very low.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Awesome! posted:

i saw this post on reddit yesterday

which is absolutely insane because the dps requirement for p6s is very, very low.

i didn't even see p6s enrage week 1; once i managed to find a party that could actually get thru the cachexias without wiping we killed a couple mechanics ahead of it even starting casting

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I have seen P6S's enrage a grand total of once and it was a really bad reclear day where we had around 9 deaths total and used lb3 for rezzing.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

but yeah i've been seeing some wild poo poo in pf past couple weeks. my favorite was the [Duty Completion][Duty Complete] 0-1 Chest P6S listing that turned out to be seeded with half of a dissolved static, none of whom actually had a clear logged, who couldn't make it to cache1 without multiple deaths among them much less thru it and kept blaming everyone else until of course people just left

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

Also you are more likely to see the stupidest parties in PF, since the sane ones fill up faster.

That said, while MCH shouldn't be excluded from parties, even after the buff it should probably still be dealing more damage. It has only slightly better party utility than BLM, it should be dealing around the lower melee levels of rDPS, not less than RDM.

MCH doing lower melee levels of rDPS would put it on par with RPR and BLM. Which would definitely make all the PF weirdos immediately force only MCH as the ranged option.

The big issue is that party composition seems to have solidified around 2 melee, 1 ranged, and 1 caster. This makes balancing MCH difficult because it becomes to easy to either make it more appealing than both BRD and DNC or less appealing because its personal DPS can’t match their rDPS.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter that much if your party is decent, but it can, and does, affect week 1 clears. It also impacts lower skilled groups, but those groups are, more often, better at playing jobs they’re somewhat good at than swapping to a “meta” job. Like if their caster is RDM/SMN and they’re hitting enrage theoretically BLM would be better, but that needs them to be better at a more difficult job. When the solution is generally make your GCD uptime not be 60%. Our first week was a bust because our two tryouts were clearly not ready for extreme, let alone savage.

On the topic of changes I’d like to see; make Bahamut and Phoenix charges as well. Even with 2.45 GCD I still sometimes miss a cast of astral and the only options I have are go more spell speed or literally move. I don’t even consider MCHs bullshit, because I doubt I could fit in all the poo poo into wildfire.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

if pf taught me anything, mch is actually vastly superior to brd and dnc because your rdps doesn't mean poo poo if the other three dps don't know what they're doing

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

I assume they mean "gets X charges, each attack burns a charge, buff window is generous enough to spend it all on GCDs even if you're lagging" versus "buff lasts for X duration, get as many attacks in as possible, if your ping isn't great you're screwed"
Yeah. Trying to squeeze a bunch of GCDs and oGCDs into a shirt timer is painful if you aren't living in Japan/the north american west coast. The slightest lag or delay loses a load of potency and the revamps of similar buffs make it far more accessible.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

ImpAtom posted:

So that's basically every item from the 69 dungeon dyeable now right?

FuturePastNow posted:

Yeah. I think all that gear shares a model with a piece from elsewhere that is already dyeable so I'm not sure why they'd bother. But it was probably an easy change to make.

Well, I guess this is as good a reason as any to make that gear dyeable.

(Lodestone Link)

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

TO:R is looking sick as hell, I can't wait to play it. They put a ton of effort into it, it looks like a bigger overhaul than FFT to FFT WotL was.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Onean posted:

Well, I guess this is as good a reason as any to make that gear dyeable.

(Lodestone Link)
This actually makes perfect sense, good on them!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Tactics Ogre crossover event not so secret after all! Shame it requires sending a tweet, though.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh this was the patch for the new NA data center? Hope that means some houses open up on Excal

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
is there a like "how to tank" guide, I've got Warrior at 45 and holy poo poo I keep eating poo poo constantly

two dungeons in a row I've died on the first pull despite slapping all my buttons like a madman and the healer goes "my bad"

is it just that they don't have ogcds sub-50 (and no Holy or anything)? am I pulling too big because I'm missing something I don't even know about yet? I just want to be an invincible golden god :(

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

is there a like "how to tank" guide, I've got Warrior at 45 and holy poo poo I keep eating poo poo constantly

two dungeons in a row I've died on the first pull despite slapping all my buttons like a madman and the healer goes "my bad"

is it just that they don't have ogcds sub-50 (and no Holy or anything)? am I pulling too big because I'm missing something I don't even know about yet? I just want to be an invincible golden god :(

you shouldn't be eating poo poo that hard in low level dungeons. it sounds like you've just been pretty unlucky getting two poo poo healers in a row, and you're doing everything you can.
you don't get to be an invincible golden god just yet, but you will eventually!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The healer should be able to keep you alive on a single pull without any cooldowns on your part. You should use them but single pulls are nice and easy. They should be able to keep you alive on big pulls(2+) with you popping one cooldown at a time, like rampart for 20 seconds, arms length for 6 + duration of slow, vengeance, etc.. nice and staggered, generally don't combine them.

It's really their bad.