Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm not a doomsayer, I'm a demslayer

I'm not a demslayer, I'm a straight playa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm not a doomsayer, I'm a demslayer

unfortunately the fans mostly just call you Demguy

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
The best explanation I've heard for the post-Trump polling gaps was the "Trump!" *click* meme. The faithful chud masses will never respond to a fake news polling survey. But they're out there.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I assume some of them have but here is my logic

3) the new models don't look like the old models, or look like as much of a horse race, so they will be quietly shitcanned by the people who actually sign checks and write puff pieces

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Strokey Boy needs to quit emailing me I don't live within a thousand miles of his state.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I went and early voted, and pressed the beto button. It will not change anything but I now having posting armor against all libs ama

No you don't.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

when the dems are destroyed what is their plan? whine and fundraise while conditions get worse and worse? what will they do when Republicans outlaw voting for democrats? ("They would never do that!" yah well they'd never actually overturn Roe either!)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the conditions for fundraising won't get worse in the short term. that's all they care about.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Good bye for now sweet Prince Contrarian Image Macro. Until we meet again in 2024.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
y'all are gonna feel real goofy when there's a massive blue wave

heh they're even bringing out the big guns. That's right, I got an e-mail from Barack Obama today asking for money. My buddy Barack even helpfully reminded me the democrats have spent the past two years inproving infrastructure and making things more affordable for americans

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
seriously that was all it loving had, let's pretend I'm a credulous moron who doesn't know their historic infrastructure bill was actually just a normal bill with amounts roughly on par with the last one, that's not common knowledge, so whatever.

Do they really think their voters are that loving stupid? There's almost no one alive in the US who has lived through worse times economically, and everything has gotten more expensive-often to the tipping point in Biden's time in office. Why on earth would you make the pitch that your boy did that? Or flat out lie and say "Oh uh, no actually energy was even more expensive in 2019, you just forgot it"

I mean I know the answer, their base isn't the morons like me who have only seen life get materially worse since 08, their base is the top 4% for whom things have actually gone good. If the republicans upset the applecart that shrinking 'upper-middle-class' that makes up 3% of that might feel pain like the rest of us.

The top 1% are doing amazing of course, and as long as the system doesn't fully collapse will profit off everything.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 02:08 on Nov 1, 2022

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

seriously that was all it loving had, let's pretend I'm a credulous moron who doesn't know their historic infrastructure bill was actually just a normal bill with amounts roughly on par with the last one, that's not common knowledge, so whatever.

Do they really think their voters are that loving stupid? There's almost no one alive in the US who has lived through worse times economically, and everything has gotten more expensive-often to the tipping point in Biden's time in office. Why on earth would you make the pitch that your boy did that? Or flat out lie and say "Oh uh, no actually energy was even more expensive in 2019, you just forgot it"

their morons op, they really think the gaslighting will work except its as you said something everyone sees on a daily basis the infrastructure thing is a joke it wasent even 1/100 of what was needed but thats nothing compared to terrible economy.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
I really hope Smiley wins

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I think pollsters would actually have to have people on the ground asking other people their opinions for polls to be accurate

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Not going house to house, not calling, not sending mail, just being in places where people congregate and asking them directly

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

i did vote for beto but im not a hypocrite because my democrat boss paid me hourly to go do it then i took a two hour lunch continuing to steal time. its like tammany hall except i only got $50 out of it

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Willa Rogers posted:

what's the next-worse step from a "shellacking"? Because it'd sure be something if dems topped their 2010 congressional losses.

hammered, obviously.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Shrecknet posted:

when the dems are destroyed what is their plan? whine and fundraise while conditions get worse and worse? what will they do when Republicans outlaw voting for democrats? ("They would never do that!" yah well they'd never actually overturn Roe either!)

Same as it always is: wait for Republicans to inevitably overreach so that the cycle continues and democrats have another good year. Because both parties have tin ears that don't give a single gently caress about anyone who isn't them, there's a continual shift between red and blue as voters get sick of one party and vote the other into power. Republicans will probably fix it so that democrats never have significant power ever again.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

THS2 posted:

i did vote for beto but im not a hypocrite because my democrat boss paid me hourly to go do it then i took a two hour lunch continuing to steal time. its like tammany hall except i only got $50 out of it

should’ve skipped voting (lame, useless) and taken a three hour lunch!!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Same as it always is: wait for Republicans to inevitably overreach so that the cycle continues and democrats have another good year. Because both parties have tin ears that don't give a single gently caress about anyone who isn't them, there's a continual shift between red and blue as voters get sick of one party and vote the other into power. Republicans will probably fix it so that democrats never have significant power ever again.

It just seems so crazy because "improve material conditions for voters" is such an easy "one weird trick" to getting a permanent supermajority and Democrats won't do it!

Republicans at least kind of get it with their plan of "improve material conditions for (white male landowning) voters," which is at least something!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shrecknet posted:

It just seems so crazy because "improve material conditions for voters" is such an easy "one weird trick" to getting a permanent supermajority and Democrats won't do it!

Republicans at least kind of get it with their plan of "improve material conditions for (white male landowning) voters," which is at least something!
They also understand "codify massive handouts to the wealthy, along with a token onetime payout to the shmucks, with a bill due when the other guys are in power"
The dems will never give us anything and tut-tut about the massive bill really being the gop's fault. The thing is they don't loving close the tap or reduce the pain, so the end result anyone paying attention sees is
gop= payout to the rich, token gift for me
dem= payout to the rich, pain for me

someone who is good at politics help my party win!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pooky posted:

I really hope Smiley wins

oh gently caress no

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
meanwhile, in Britain

https://twitter.com/Becca_L_M/statu...ingawful.com%2F

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I'm pretty sure the Ohio dems are just sending me veiled threats in the mail now. Things must be looking good.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Chris James 2 posted:

You have one full week left before the Dems are destroyed, and then you have the rest of your life to make excuses for why it happened and actually wasn't fair

Bernie would have won

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I'm pretty sure the Ohio dems are just sending me veiled threats in the mail now. Things must be looking good.

I appreciate the lighting on this picture. Artistic.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is whether you voted actually public record that seems odd. like i guess if how you voted is still private then its still doing the whole secret ballot thing but what is the stated or actual point for publishing that list

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Is whether you voted actually public record that seems odd. like i guess if how you voted is still private then its still doing the whole secret ballot thing but what is the stated or actual point for publishing that list

To send you political ads

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

projecthalaxy posted:

or you could just ignore dems

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

So that people can audit the voter list and verify that dead people and non-existent people are aren't voting.

Leviathan Song has issued a correction as of 14:30 on Nov 1, 2022

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Yeah I'm not sure what they're trying to get across with the "whether you voted is public record" line but I've seen it in a bunch of those dem "just vote" PAC ads.

If I had to guess I'd think that the next dem strategy is scouring the voting rolls publicly shaming non voters on twitter or something, not getting that the people who don't vote don't give a poo poo about political twitter either.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Shrecknet posted:

its not crazy at all. there's already a permanent majority for capital

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Leviathan Song posted:

So that people can audit the voter list and verify that did people and non-existent people are aren't voting.

This makes a lot of sense actually but I'm going to go with the twitter scolding thing because it matches my preconceived notions more

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Yup. Every registered voter has what's called a voterfile that contains basic voter information like the last election you voted in, party affiliation, and your entire giving history to campaigns.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Retromancer posted:

Yeah I'm not sure what they're trying to get across with the "whether you voted is public record" line but I've seen it in a bunch of those dem "just vote" PAC ads.

If I had to guess I'd think that the next dem strategy is scouring the voting rolls publicly shaming non voters on twitter or something, not getting that the people who don't vote don't give a poo poo about political twitter either.

They are insinuating if your family and friends are dems, if a republican gets elected and does bad things, your social circle could find out you didn't vote and shame you.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

Yup. Every registered voter has what's called a voterfile that contains basic voter information like the last election you voted in, party affiliation, and your entire giving history to campaigns.

cool. cool. cool cool cool. so glad.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

the dems out here send out grades for voting

Your voting record is a C+ but the oil execs average an A-. Do better.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

nothing gets people to vote more than scolding them

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

cool. cool. cool cool cool. so glad.

here's a largely contextless bit of text from my notes when i was onboarding:

quote:

grew out of Tom Harkin's desire to track unreturned vs requested absentee ballots, this was called 'voter activation network'
Iowa DP wanted state-wide level database based on VAN, this brought about the need to segment permissions to data
In 2006 DNC wanted a national version of this

shared info: names, addresses, phone #s, polit. districts, isDeceased, recorded vote history

private info: questions asked to voters ("who you voting for?" "why you voting?", email addresses, notes, "other data" including propietary modeled data (behavior prediction)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008