Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Neo_Crimson posted:

Jesus christ Woolie stop skipping dialogue in Neon White.

I think he hit his limit. Cringe hits some people real hard. I think he's said on the podcast he never finished Foam Adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Neo_Crimson posted:

Jesus christ Woolie stop skipping dialogue in Neon White.

To be fair to Woolie, most of the dialogue is not good and just cringe

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Flubby posted:

I think he's said on the podcast he never finished Foam Adventure.
I mean, I relate to this too

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ApeHawk posted:

To be fair to Woolie, most of the dialogue is not good and just cringe

It's fine, and he shouldn't just randomly skip dialogue regardless.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's fine, and he shouldn't just randomly skip dialogue regardless.

Lol why? If the story isn't what you play the game for you don't have to force yourself to watch it. I don't pay attention to the game but literally every post about it is how poo poo the story is

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
It's kinda bad etiquette when you're LPing/streaming something though. You're not just playing it for yourself but also for the audience. Depending on how much he's skipping it can really kill it for a viewer.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Look, woolie is one of the most "for the good of the stream" lp'ers I know, if he can't tough it out it's gotta be bad. Go watch someone else's stream if you just GOT to get that sick lore, if you can find one that isn't also skipping it. If you just want to watch him react to how bad it is, tough poo poo

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
If I had to sit through woolie pausing every lp for 40 mins to stand still and misinterpret the most basic plot beats in every game even when he's not the one playing he can sit through 20 seconds of dialogue.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

ok look you have a point

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
To be clear I think Neon White's writing is cringe and would skip a lot of it, I'm just saying I can see why others would complain. Having not watched his stream of it I'm not sure how bad it is, like if it's all of it, just certain characters, or what.

Also Woolie used to be really bad about this kinda poo poo, talking over cutscenes with Liam for stuff with no subtitles and such, although I doubt he's slipping, it's just this game is extra trying.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv5AKLz2Qo0

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

You mean to tell me this isn’t a parody video? https://youtu.be/s5Kk01c_6mc

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Skipping the dialogue is a pro move.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Never watch cutscenes or read dialogue IMO

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ah, thr Arin Hanson approach.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Arc Hammer posted:

Ah, thr Arin Hanson approach.

That poo poo (along with the ten-minute caps on episode lengths) is what killed Game Grumps early on for me.

No fuckin' duh you're not going to know what the hell you're doing if you're ignoring everything the game is telling you! :argh:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I can put that aside to watch Arin rage and it being his own drat fault. Makes it more cathartic.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
It's a lot better without the 10 minute caps and they're a little bit better about doing tutorials or looking poo poo up.

Arin can still be poo poo at things though, recently he forgot about a bullet time mechanic in a game that relied on it and he might've been having a loving stroke for the first bit of Pigsaw or whatever that thing was called.

At least Pat and Woolie are generally decent at the games they play on average. Maybe.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Indecisive posted:

Look, woolie is one of the most "for the good of the stream" lp'ers I know, if he can't tough it out it's gotta be bad. Go watch someone else's stream if you just GOT to get that sick lore, if you can find one that isn't also skipping it. If you just want to watch him react to how bad it is, tough poo poo

I must admit, the idea that Woolie is "for the good of the stream" is fascinating, because my experience is that he's stubborn enough to do everything he can backwards regardless of what the stream is asking for.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I don't think it's 'for the good of the stream' and that it never has been. it's his OCD trying to be thorough so he gets yelled at as little as possible over very specific things he doesn't want to get yelled at over

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's a blind speedrun ok

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm loving Woolie get increasing distressed that every enemy race in ME are getting redemptions but the Baterians are all 100% evil slavers and individuals you can talk to are neutral at best, even the Darkspawn in Dragon Age, an entire race of evil raping monsters got some redeeming qualities later on.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't think it's 'for the good of the stream' and that it never has been. it's his OCD trying to be thorough so he gets yelled at as little as possible over very specific things he doesn't want to get yelled at over

Yeah, I get the same thing sometimes. I end up editing most of my posts because I get brainworms. But lately with games, I've been running into the issue of the gameplay being fun while the story is not only awful but obtrusive to my enjoyment of the game. So if skipping the cringe Neon White dialogue lets Woolie enjoy the game while not doing Arin poo poo, do it.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/wooliewoolz/status/1587458282985168897?s=46&t=XPgg2X2pw2vjX5_B_ARg4A

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
drat, that ME2 LP was already growing cold, but nothing to be done about it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Flubby posted:

drat, that ME2 LP was already growing cold

how so?

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

I follow it on twitch, not the youtube channel. Last show was almost 20 days ago.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

That's so rough

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lmao Woolie after HotD 1 "I assume the incest will come up at some point"

Woolie you already saw it

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 2, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm loving Woolie get increasing distressed that every enemy race in ME are getting redemptions but the Baterians are all 100% evil slavers and individuals you can talk to are neutral at best, even the Darkspawn in Dragon Age, an entire race of evil raping monsters got some redeeming qualities later on.

It's mentioned the reason for this is pretty simple. The Baterians are very Isolationist and don't leave their world with the exception of their criminal ands outcasts. So the only Baterians we are meeting are the criminals.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's mentioned the reason for this is pretty simple. The Baterians are very Isolationist and don't leave their world with the exception of their criminal ands outcasts. So the only Baterians we are meeting are the criminals.

So Batarians are either supremely xenophobic or crooks.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

They're not sending their best?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah, but it starts to feel almost like a failing of the game to give the Baterians any sympathetic angles, while it manages to give nuance to just about every other race.

Like, you'd think you'd have maybe a little colony of separatists or find one in one of the cities who are like "yeahh we don't like that whole caste system poo poo.."

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yeah lets be clear, the reason the Batarian Hegemony is not part of the Council Races is because they refuse to abandon the practice of slavery as they consider it a "cultural touchstone".

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Its are heritage

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
The geth are even more isolationist and yet we got Legion.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Galaxy Is A gently caress
Kill Em All 2183
I am trash Specter
410,757,864,530 Dead Batarians

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/princessxemnas/status/1588526688228773889?t=HGxvy3XBNAs1RkfV_NkvIQ&s=19

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

theCalamity posted:

The geth are even more isolationist and yet we got Legion.

When the galaxy has a kill on site decree for all robots and AI then you can understand that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lol it's like those people who were wringing their hands over arab-coded merchants showing up in The Witcher 3 and writing long essays about why they shouldn't be present in fantasy Europe.

Because yeah you could have just said "No, thanks for asking" rather than go on an elaborate "well actually historically speaking..." ramble.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 5, 2022