Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

The way I understand it. Was that Alterari wanted to take a break from high level leadership stuff. Then someone who probably didn't like him. Went "ok" and stripped him of all his high ranking leadership roles on the spot. As opposed to letting him take his break with the roles and then return later if he wanted.

Which Alterari took great offence at. Rightly I think. So he left. Without burning any bridges or breaking any rules or anything.

I don't think that blacklisting him was okay. I don't think that going out with a dramatic reddit thread is the correct way, either.

Reddit doesn't care about anyone. It just wants to see you burn for their amusement. Tend to your actual friends instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

floppyspud posted:

I heard he just wanted to take a break, then got kicked from his corp.

What is it with people on the internet and not telling the whole story? I'm starting to think there's a connection.

its funnier this way

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Feliday Melody posted:

The way I understand it. Was that Alterari wanted to take a break from high level leadership stuff. Then someone who probably didn't like him. Went "ok" and stripped him of all his high ranking leadership roles on the spot. As opposed to letting him take his break with the roles and then return later if he wanted.

Which Alterari took great offence at. Rightly I think. So he left. Without burning any bridges or breaking any rules or anything.

I don't think that blacklisting him was okay. I don't think that going out with a dramatic reddit thread is the correct way, either.

Reddit doesn't care about anyone. It just wants to see you burn for their amusement. Tend to your actual friends instead.

I don't care about the drama either way but this doesn't seem like the killboard of a person who intended to go on a break:
https://zkillboard.com/character/137827356/

Or did goons rile him up so much that he decided to change his mind about the break?

Since we fled back home I've really had zero motivation to do anything in EVE, other than log in to update PI production and complete Project Discovery for the Marshal (just 23 levels away now!).

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

lovely tuna snatch posted:

I don't care about the drama either way but this doesn't seem like the killboard of a person who intended to go on a break:

Or did goons rile him up so much that he decided to change his mind about the break?

Since we fled back home I've really had zero motivation to do anything in EVE, other than log in to update PI production and complete Project Discovery for the Marshal (just 23 levels away now!).

A break from high level leadership activities.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Feliday Melody posted:

That sound fair. Leadership messed up, he messed up, everyone's stupid. Now on the topic of people leaving via long reddit posts why don't we talk about koci-

Wait no you guys already spent 2 days screaming at each other about that, mb.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Wait so... what about those titan keys?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

floppyspud posted:

Boat got them instead

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Dalmuti posted:

delta scams pay off once again

Dalmuti posted:

I already stripped azo's roles

ded posted:

Someone fell for isk doubling again

MRC48B posted:

The knives finally come out.

forgot to reply to this

ladies and gentlemen, delta gonna give it to ya

(I actually split with spencer, i have 290b)

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

lovely tuna snatch posted:

they riled him up, he was waiting out his month of sub then going afaik and then they pulled their stunt and made a bunch of poo poo up about him including lies that he emptied hangers (he didn't)

he was understandably, upset, and is now giving them the business

e: they're also a lot more responsible with how much they have him do and aren't running alterari into the ground like goons did, and behind the scenes they treat a lot of people like poo poo, they poo poo on him constantly when he was with them - his mental health is so much better now

there are a lot of dickheads in this org

psilocybin laden fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 31, 2022

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

I'm not sure what actually happened but he's pretty sure asher thought he was a spy (he was not), even though he was running 1/4 of all imperium fleets and just dunking everyone

dave archer is also apparently a tool

there's also a lot of nepotism and like, not just hiring people old boys club style but stonewalling people who aren't in the club even if they are competent

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

what, like pull missions for people? is it decent money?

can't believe i forgot to reply to this

yes it's insanely good, it's what I do

You can pay someone 25 mil to run an "anomic burner" mission from my org, and then they run it for you, and you get 50-90m of LP depending on market values

you're basically using money to buy money

turning in the mission also increases standings, so you can share the rewards with someone in fleet and charge money for it, 25-40m i cant remember the going price right now - doing this is called "shares" you are selling a share of the reward turn in - which people will buy in order receive the standings boost it gives

it usually takes 20 shares to get to standings 5 to be a puller, and you can also share with yourself obviously so that you can create new pullers

(so basically you only need to do the repgrind once, then you just share 20 anomic burner mission turn ins with an alt (on average 20) and then boom, you have a second puller, then you share 20 more with a third alt and it's twice a quick cause you have 2 accounts now, and you now have a third puller - and you just snowball like that)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I will give you a dollar Tuesday for killing some dudes today

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I am simply shocked that a spaceship guild is run on nepotism

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

psilocybin laden posted:

forgot to reply to this

ladies and gentlemen, delta gonna give it to ya

(I actually split with spencer, i have 290b)

Buy me a virtuoso and I will reinstall eve and siege the 1DQ keepstar with it

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

psilocybin laden posted:

there are a lot of dickheads in this org

you still have an invite to Goosefleet btw

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Yeah we're cool and sometimes we almost kill things.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Big McHuge posted:

Goosefleet is the true heir to Hole Squad: A gaggle of honking idiots tumble out of a hole, clown about, then wander home.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

dragonshardz posted:

Goosefleet is the true heir to Hole Squad: A gaggle of honking idiots tumble out of a hole, clown about, then wander home.

complete with people logging into long-forgotten alts every few days and discovering poo poo they forgot they had in some backwater part of space (then tossing a coin to see if they should sell it or welp it)

I swear one of these days someone's going to find an alt that holds a single system in vale or something and we're going to have to delete the corp for violating the no sov rule

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Polish Noun Conjugation.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rust Martialis posted:

One lesson I took from the whole Mittens drama was we took Alex's word that there was nothing wrong with Xenuria, it'd all been looked into, all good.

the lesson you should have taken is to blindly trust me instead

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
deadtear knew

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Horrible memories via Waffleimages

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Rust Martialis posted:

One lesson I took from the whole Mittens drama was we took Alex's word that there was nothing wrong with Xenuria, it'd all been looked into, all good.

Told you so.

Last laughs were had.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Hey, bud, better watch out or Alex is going to run us all over with his lawnmower

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Kazinsal posted:

complete with people logging into long-forgotten alts every few days and discovering poo poo they forgot they had in some backwater part of space (then tossing a coin to see if they should sell it or welp it)

I swear one of these days someone's going to find an alt that holds a single system in vale or something and we're going to have to delete the corp for violating the no sov rule

Someone who will not be named owns a WH somewhere on an alt corp and we can't find the bloody thing lol

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dalmuti posted:

Hey, bud, better watch out or Alex is going to run us all over with his lawnmower

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
In the end, mittens joined delta sqad of his own free will and subjected himself to sqad discipline for conduct unbecoming of a poster

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Delta sqad.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I never tire of this image, lmao

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

MRC48B posted:

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Delta sqad.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
you know, that guy who posted that rant on r/eve about goon hr

i wonder what the "meme discord name" was that he defended without actually repeating. that always strikes me as a bit of a red flag

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Sun exploding tomorrow, uprising expansion on the 8th, navy dreads and destroyers, qol changes, balance changes, new hangars, fw rework...

I'm actually kinda excited and it scares me

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

PhilippAchtel posted:

I never tire of this image, lmao

My nickname in Delta Discord is a tribute to this image.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

floppyspud posted:

Sun exploding tomorrow, uprising expansion on the 8th, navy dreads and destroyers, qol changes, balance changes, new hangars, fw rework...

don't fall for this trap :lol:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Xolve posted:

My nickname in Delta Discord is a tribute to this image.

I knew it was you all along, Badposter McGoo

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Big McHuge posted:

we're perfectly capable of killing afk unarmed miners, thank you very much:colbert:

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

ded posted:

don't fall for this trap :lol:

Yeah, that's why I'm worried.

I guess we'll see in a week's time

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

100% efficiency:cool:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Dalmuti posted:

I knew it was you all along, Badposter McGoo

Dingus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

it may be a good time for Gaming

also i will pay over 500m isk to you, if you sell serpentis standings to me such that I reach standings 5 with them

Cease to Hope posted:

you know, that guy who posted that rant on r/eve about goon hr

i wonder what the "meme discord name" was that he defended without actually repeating. that always strikes me as a bit of a red flag

yeah whenever stuff is left out it leaves more questions than answers

learnincurve posted:

Someone who will not be named owns a WH somewhere on an alt corp and we can't find the bloody thing lol

have a goose dm me the hole number on discord and i'll see if I can find it

Dalmuti posted:

In the end, mittens joined delta sqad of his own free will and subjected himself to sqad discipline for conduct unbecoming of a poster

MRC48B posted: