Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Halser posted:

turns out intense exercise isn't a flex tape solution to all mental health and stress issues, what a shame

broke down and cried at 4AM today after realizing I've basically been ignoring my own anxious thoughts and stress piling up for the past few months. Sucks to accept that I'm not bulletproof to life's bullshit despite my best attempts to pretend otherwise

same.

i was piling up a ton of society-sanctioned addictions too but its all pretend and the house of sand is gonna come crumbling down eventually whether we're ready or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

Sometimes it's nice to have a good cry. As long as it's not in public. You're not supposed to feel things in public.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

Uganda Loves Me posted:

Sometimes it's nice to have a good cry. As long as it's not in public. You're not supposed to feel things in public.

yep. its making ur insides honest with ur outsides. if you're not cryin, you're lyin.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Uganda Loves Me posted:

The thing about crying in public is that it makes people feel like they need to do something, so either they will try to help you or they'll be uncomfortable. Either way there are far more obnoxious things you could be doing, just let it out.

E: now I'm thinking if it's possible to cry aggressively or in an antisocial way. I guess you call that a tantrum.

America Inc. has issued a correction as of 08:34 on Oct 19, 2022

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Legit I think it is a good thing about NYC that if you cry in public people just don't react. Its honestly pretty nice and I think its the best reaction. If like my brother reacted like that it'd be one thing but when strangers are just like 'dude's cryin so what we all been there' its a lot better than them sticking their nose in your business.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
There is a correct place to cry in public and yes it is the NYC subway.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

MasterControl posted:

this quote hit me super hard right now. it applies to everything. mad about a football game? girlfriend/boyfriend accusing you of something? maybe you work retail and someone coming to your job and telling you what to do when you never met them before? as a boss your employee blows up on you out of the blue?someone you’re on a date with expressing boundaries it’s all easy to view as underlying trauma. what a good quote to help detach.

I feel like I have the opposite problem, where I'm quite willing to excuse or at least explain a lot of what other people do but am constantly judging myself to a high standard. Which is probably better than the alternative, but probably needs to get toned down a little

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Being overly tolerant of other people's bad behavior might be good under a Golden Rule set, but it also leaves you vulnerable to fuckheads who are attempting direct enemy action and really are out to get you. Granted, I tend to have more regrets involving not telling an awful person to gently caress off than I do regrets about yelling at someone who didn't deserve it. Mean Girls poo poo but its being done by 50 year old tier 2 managers named Kevin.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

Ronwayne posted:

Being overly tolerant of other people's bad behavior might be good under a Golden Rule set, but it also leaves you vulnerable to fuckheads who are attempting direct enemy action and really are out to get you. Granted, I tend to have more regrets involving not telling an awful person to gently caress off than I do regrets about yelling at someone who didn't deserve it. Mean Girls poo poo but its being done by 50 year old tier 2 managers named Kevin.

meh, disagree. i used to feel the need to fight with people who sucked. then i realized im just feeding them, cause thats what they want more than anything, someone to be roped into their lovely orbit. now i just watch them self destruct from afar. or as far as possible if i have ot be near them

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

you ever find out some basic information about, like, anything, and start thinking that depression/anxiety is basically normalized in people under 40 because it's almost impossible not to realize how unbelievably hosed we are in every way

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

for an example: none of us will ever be able to retire but it's okay because we'll be so braindead from microplastics by then that we'll barely notice there's a problem

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

thehandtruck posted:

meh, disagree. i used to feel the need to fight with people who sucked. then i realized im just feeding them, cause thats what they want more than anything, someone to be roped into their lovely orbit. now i just watch them self destruct from afar. or as far as possible if i have ot be near them

edit: before I continue I wish to make clear this is not an attack (or at least, not intended as one) upon you, handtruck, this is me expressing extreme frustration and feelings of powerlessness at being repeatedly dehumanized by those with power over me

Sometimes that works, other times they commit felonies just to gently caress with you and get away with it, like the boss that dug up my dying grandma's medical records to see if I was lying about going to her funeral and laughed when I broke down crying.

They will drag you and others into their orbit despite you ignoring them and stomp you into poo poo leaving you a quivering mess and do it over and over again because people do not push back. If people demonstrate they think basic human decency makes one a cuck, continuing to be firm yet polite is simply marking yourself for more and more brutal abuse. Trust me, I tried living as your quote suggests for most of my life, the results were not great. I wish it worked more often, I hate confrontation, i really do, but on the worst people I was forced under duress to deal with (bosses, landlords, relatives, etc), you need to fight for one own's basic humanity.

edit 2: I wonder if in some perverse sense 1 or 2 of them were trying to help me according to some twisted morality, that one where you need to "toughen up" those you care about/feel responsible for until they too are burned out husks.

Ronwayne has issued a correction as of 02:10 on Oct 22, 2022

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

loquacius posted:

for an example: none of us will ever be able to retire but it's okay because we'll be so braindead from microplastics by then that we'll barely notice there's a problem

having a retirement account or otherwise trying to build a healthy comfortable future for yourself is like a hedge against the global economy collapsing.

In that admittedly unlikely scenario you're going to look pretty foolish if you're too blackpilled now to put away a % of your check

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I do agree but my question is where the gently caress do you park your money in? Savings accounts are worthless, the stock market could collapse (yes yes i heard the "in the long run it always goes up even factoring in depressions but who knows if that will apply to the end of EVERYTHING), real estate is either inaccessible or might also go down...

It doesn't help that like 90% of the Internet, most investment advice out there is geared towards the US. "Roth IRA"? The gently caress is the equivalent of that for Europe? And if you ask these questions here all you get is "Well don't worry, unlike in the US our system is solvent" blah blah blah.

Sorry, i have been getting kinda collapse minded this week. It doesn't help that I listened to a few episode of It Could Happen Here on Spotify and now it's convinced i want to listen to ALL the collapse podcasts.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

AceOfFlames posted:

I do agree but my question is where the gently caress do you park your money in? Savings accounts are worthless, the stock market could collapse (yes yes i heard the "in the long run it always goes up even factoring in depressions but who knows if that will apply to the end of EVERYTHING), real estate is either inaccessible or might also go down...

It doesn't help that like 90% of the Internet, most investment advice out there is geared towards the US. "Roth IRA"? The gently caress is the equivalent of that for Europe? And if you ask these questions here all you get is "Well don't worry, unlike in the US our system is solvent" blah blah blah.

We have a subforum that is probably going to be more useful than cspam, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2892928 is the retirement planning thread. The fundamental advice for retirement planning is basically always the same: keep a diverse portfolio (so stocks + other stuff, and don't invest in specific stocks just invest in a big basket of stocks, also time in the market better than timing the market, aka the broad movement of your money into savings baskets is better than trying to do fancy 360 noscopes, esp since that means walking into an arena with people who do that full time, for decades, with millions of dollars of tools giving them an advantage over you).

Roth IRA is just a type of saving account that is specific to the US tax system, I'm not sure what the equivalent in terms of European tax advantaged stuff is but it is not fundamentally different from setting up an account with an investment bank and just dumping your piggy bank on them.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

If nothing else savings and a 401k helped me survive the first 2 years of being out of the job market after having to cash them out to survive :shepface:

I'm not sure there's a long term strategy for "I beg and live on under $400/mo and am permanently out of the workforce probably for good because the very thought of having to trade time for money or operate under any kind of organizational system imposed by others long term (including customers) literally makes me want to die and I quickly fail at all jobs due to rapidly growing suicidal ideation."

Ronwayne has issued a correction as of 08:00 on Oct 23, 2022

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

AceOfFlames posted:

Sorry, i have been getting kinda collapse minded this week. It doesn't help that I listened to a few episode of It Could Happen Here on Spotify and now it's convinced i want to listen to ALL the collapse podcasts.

If you're collapse minded I would recommend real estate: it's real. Depending on where/what you buy isn't as inaccessible as it may seem.

Personally I find the slow grind of working on a fixer upper to be therapeutic. It activates what Uncle Ted called the power principle

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 23:01 on Oct 23, 2022

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Ronwayne posted:

They will drag you and others into their orbit despite you ignoring them and stomp you into poo poo leaving you a quivering mess and do it over and over again because people do not push back. If people demonstrate they think basic human decency makes one a cuck, continuing to be firm yet polite is simply marking yourself for more and more brutal abuse. Trust me, I tried living as your quote suggests for most of my life, the results were not great. I wish it worked more often, I hate confrontation, i really do, but on the worst people I was forced under duress to deal with (bosses, landlords, relatives, etc), you need to fight for one own's basic humanity.

Sometimes in a society of passive-aggression and politeness, you need to get in touch with your inner rear end in a top hat.

Obama2
Oct 22, 2021
I’ve been having panic attacks about the Hyde Parker fight all weeks what if the ghost of Kyiv loses bros……

e: it’s actually Piker

Obama2 has issued a correction as of 23:37 on Oct 25, 2022

Pigmassacre
Nov 23, 2010

GARBAGE DAY

thehandtruck posted:

all their stupid opinions come from trauma

I uhh.. wow. this is just about the most brilliant insight I’ve read in forever. thank you

Pigmassacre
Nov 23, 2010

GARBAGE DAY

Ice Phisherman posted:

So I'm going through therapy for what is essentially the first time in my life. In theory that sounds good, but I'd never imagined that it'd be so much work. Therapy is hard.

I lived a life that was mostly unexamined because examination really only lead to pain in my case because I wasn't really equipped to change anything about what happened to me. I just dealt with bullshit that happened to me by trying not to think about it. Avoidance is my go to strategy for coping. Pro-tier avoider right here.

So therapy session six is coming up and I'm not even done just dumping out my anxieties, insecurities and traumas out to a stranger once a week. And I'm re-experiencing all of these unexamined events and feelings rapid fire. The format is a mix of talk therapy and (so far) worksheet/homework style cognitive behavioral therapy for when I go home. A nice stranger who means well, but still, a stranger who is basically going to stay a stranger. And I know that keeping a professional distance from me is normal and healthy, but it still makes me feel like crap for some reason.

After each session I have these day long or even two day long stress headaches because I'm actively reliving traumas that have gone almost completely unexamined for the entirety of my life. Confronting my feelings is literally the last thing I want to do because again, I avoid things. I'm a pro-tier avoider. But I'd like to not be a mess so I'm committed to the process.

The latest therapy session was the first time I haven't had a day or two day long stress headache and I'm pretty sure that's because I decided to start taking anti-anxiety meds as a stopgap. I don't know if it's getting better or if the meds are just papering over my feelings. I'm guessing a mix of both. I do want to be meds free or at least take meds only as needed. But I'm really, really tired of these horrible headaches.

So because I'm committed to the process, I spent last night and a good chunk of this afternoon working on this cognitive behavioral worksheet. I'm currently examining quite a bit of my life and thinking about where my anxiety and stress comes from and what I can do about it.

Some things I can change and I'd like to. That's fine. I want to change the things that I don't like about myself for the better.

Some things I can't change and it's just annoying. That's okay because that's just life.

And then there are some things that I not only can't change, but it's just some nightmare fuel poo poo. Staring into the abyss poo poo.

I'm really tired and I have a headache. But I guess this is just how it's going to be while I go through therapy until I adapt.

And as much as I'm complaining, because I am, I feel like it's getting better.

happy to hear that you’re noticing improvements!

I’m going through something similar except round 2, as I started the therapy part a year ago. a couple months ago I burnt out hard from work and have recently restarted therapy. it’s honestly fascinating how god drat tiring and headache inducing it is to open that jar of shitpickles and pick ‘em up, one by one.

I don’t regret doing it, but I have no energy for anything except just dealing with myself and processing trauma. worst part is I have a really hard time accepting this, probably because my one way of dealing with some major trauma has been to push myself to perfection in everything I do. not achieving = absolute failure, and right now I can’t achieve poo poo except deal with this poo poo. and I feel like I’m gaslighting myself as everyone around me is very supportive making me feel extremely confused about why I can’t allow myself to just… deal.

I’ve experienced flashbacks that have helped me understand why I’m am how I am, which is both helpful and extremely traumatic. like, literally recalling events that sucked poo poo and I somehow repressed and pretended I was fine about. turns out no I’m not fine about it.

this poo poo keeps happening and I’ve been “working on myself” for over a year!! gently caress

so all I can say is I hope it gets better faster for you!

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I don't usually do dream chat, but its been bizzare how much this affected me.

One of my earliest memories is an absolutely terrifying nightmare that woke me up at around age 5 or so about some monster I saw on some kids show (Fraggle Rock?). Several decades later my subconscious resolved it in a very Silent Hill way wherein I just shot it with a bolt action hunting rifle repeatedly until it died. Thanks for keeping it simple, Id. I've been feeling better for over a week now and in general more functional.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Ronwayne posted:

I don't usually do dream chat, but its been bizzare how much this affected me.

One of my earliest memories is an absolutely terrifying nightmare that woke me up at around age 5 or so about some monster I saw on some kids show (Fraggle Rock?). Several decades later my subconscious resolved it in a very Silent Hill way wherein I just shot it with a bolt action hunting rifle repeatedly until it died. Thanks for keeping it simple, Id. I've been feeling better for over a week now and in general more functional.

the human brain can be funny as hell sometimes.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Pigmassacre posted:

happy to hear that you’re noticing improvements!

Thank you. :)

quote:

I’m going through something similar except round 2, as I started the therapy part a year ago. a couple months ago I burnt out hard from work and have recently restarted therapy. it’s honestly fascinating how god drat tiring and headache inducing it is to open that jar of shitpickles and pick ‘em up, one by one.

Yeah, I still get mild to moderate headaches depending on the subject matter. Normally I pop some sort of anti-anxiety med and two ibuprofen, have some comfort food and cuddle with my girlfriend. It doesn't feel good, but I am noticing differences.

quote:

I don’t regret doing it, but I have no energy for anything except just dealing with myself and processing trauma. worst part is I have a really hard time accepting this, probably because my one way of dealing with some major trauma has been to push myself to perfection in everything I do. not achieving = absolute failure, and right now I can’t achieve poo poo except deal with this poo poo. and I feel like I’m gaslighting myself as everyone around me is very supportive making me feel extremely confused about why I can’t allow myself to just… deal.

Yeah, you're dealing with your rational mind versus all of that deep, ingrained behavior. Change is hard, especially for those parts of yourself that you can't engage with directly.

quote:

I’ve experienced flashbacks that have helped me understand why I’m am how I am, which is both helpful and extremely traumatic. like, literally recalling events that sucked poo poo and I somehow repressed and pretended I was fine about. turns out no I’m not fine about it.

:same:

A friend of mine who lived with me for years and was extremely disabled who I took care of died suddenly. I was hosed up for months, had problems remembering simple things and had a run in with Bell's Palsy, which mimicked a stroke. But what happened later is that when his daughter picked up his ashes, I realized years later that I'd never grieved because I'd never had a funeral for him. His daughter, whom I never knew, just went back home. If anyone was going to plan a funeral, it would've had to be me if I was ever going to have one for him and it just never happened. So I never properly grieved. That realization triggered a panic attack in me that was so severe that it sent me to the emergency room.

gently caress, both of my dogs got funerals. Just with family members, but still. And one of my good friends never got one. No one really cared about him but me because he was disabled and most people treat the disabled pretty horribly. I dropped the ball on my own grieving process.

quote:

so all I can say is I hope it gets better faster for you!

Thanks. And I hope it gets better for you as well.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
can’t get the bad thoughts out of my head. can’t focus for poo poo. don’t want to bother with anything, just want to lie down and sleep. I’m a bad person, I constantly hurt the people around me. everything is so difficult for me and i’m not interested in challenges

i don’t have the strength and willpower that is needed. i will end up homeless and starving, it’s only a matter of time. might as well give up before the pain gets any worse

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

My hypomania petered out a few weeks ago, and I've been drained and depressed. Everyone else in the house has covid. I'm bunkering in my room, and I've cancelled what little I had planned outside the house. I'll see about adjusting my meds next time I talk to my psych NP.

I had a triggering event yesterday that involved being yelled at by multiple people. It was over something stupid and minor. I'm hoping to get to a point where that doesn't take me out of commission for hours afterward.

802.11weed posted:

can’t get the bad thoughts out of my head. can’t focus for poo poo. don’t want to bother with anything, just want to lie down and sleep. I’m a bad person, I constantly hurt the people around me. everything is so difficult for me and i’m not interested in challenges

i don’t have the strength and willpower that is needed. i will end up homeless and starving, it’s only a matter of time. might as well give up before the pain gets any worse

I know these are just shitposts from strangers, but from what I've seen, you don't seem like a bad person.

My PMs are open to anyone.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

Uganda Loves Me posted:

My hypomania petered out a few weeks ago, and I've been drained and depressed. Everyone else in the house has covid. I'm bunkering in my room, and I've cancelled what little I had planned outside the house. I'll see about adjusting my meds next time I talk to my psych NP.

I had a triggering event yesterday that involved being yelled at by multiple people. It was over something stupid and minor. I'm hoping to get to a point where that doesn't take me out of commission for hours afterward.

I know these are just shitposts from strangers, but from what I've seen, you don't seem like a bad person.

think anyone would u be out for a few hours if they got yelled at by multiple people.

thehandtruck has issued a correction as of 04:29 on Nov 3, 2022

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

802.11weed posted:

been thinking about this and idk if this helps, but you're definitely not alone in thinking like that- it can be easy to be convinced you're the worst person you know but thats basically just your brain loving with you. Obviously trying to make progress on things you struggle with helps, but just know that this mindset isn't something that is 100% true about you but rather a symptom of broader issues

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Ice Phisherman posted:

:same:

A friend of mine who lived with me for years and was extremely disabled who I took care of died suddenly. I was hosed up for months, had problems remembering simple things and had a run in with Bell's Palsy, which mimicked a stroke. But what happened later is that when his daughter picked up his ashes, I realized years later that I'd never grieved because I'd never had a funeral for him. His daughter, whom I never knew, just went back home. If anyone was going to plan a funeral, it would've had to be me if I was ever going to have one for him and it just never happened. So I never properly grieved. That realization triggered a panic attack in me that was so severe that it sent me to the emergency room.

My grandma died this year and also nobody had a funeral for her either. My dad just placed the urn back in the house she was staying at when she died and left. It's probably throwing him for a loop too but... this is your one job man. I went with him to pick up the urn at least.
He used this as an opportunity to guilt me into having kids. What about when you get old and die, who will deal with your remains? :ironicat: Idk, didn't seem to work out for her did it?

My sister also discovered she had early stages of cancer in her uterus. They put her on radiation treatment, and kept it up when the main cancer was gone, they found some spots in her stomach and liver and kept at it... only for a second opinion to reveal those aren't cancer, and one was an ulcer the radiation probably made worse. I don't expect anything will be done to the doctors. She also blocked my number, with absolutely no provocation, because I had the audacity to get engaged and she was jealous, and that's what I've been told was the reason. This isn't without precedent either, she will (at the top of her lungs even) deny being my sibling if asked directly and has since she became a teenager. She was lying about her last name (thanks to internalized racism) in high school, someone asked if she was my sister, I said yes because yeah she is and I didn't know what was going ion, and the game was up and the next thing I know my mom picked her up from school early and she was in a rage, and eventually she dropped out.

Also my parents don't really like that I'm engaged at all, let alone that I'm moving out of state because uh I can't afford California and probably never will. When I moved out a couple years ago, after my dad demanded that at the top of his lungs before I called his bluff, my dad said he would prefer I just live with them until they die, and since then has generously offered for me to come back and live in my childhood room and to just meet my fiance at a hotel to have sex (no exaggeration).

I hate how everything with my family has to be so cursed and weird. I can't just have a sister and I can't just offer support to her. I can't get engaged and start my life and have them be happy for me, they prefer to sit there and seethe thinking "WHAT ABOUT ME?". And then I have to expose my fiance to this madness.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Ugh I feel awful today, constantly feel like I'm short of breath and dead tired. Probably a combination of poor sleep, too much caffeine, and a hosed up nose but it's still miserable. At least I'm keeping relatively calm about it but this kind of feeling isn't helping with anxiety in general

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I dunno what is going on with the slapfight between gbs and cspam ukraine threads but you should reopen the threads and deal with the people individually. Closing off an entire thread is the wrong way to handle this and shutting down conversation on the topic is bad for discourse. Strongly disapprove on how this is handled. Give 30 day probates to whoever but closing down a very imporant thread is not the correct solution here and goes against basic ideas of freedom of speech.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

Hadlock posted:

I dunno what is going on with the slapfight between gbs and cspam ukraine threads but you should reopen the threads and deal with the people individually. Closing off an entire thread is the wrong way to handle this and shutting down conversation on the topic is bad for discourse. Strongly disapprove on how this is handled. Give 30 day probates to whoever but closing down a very imporant thread is not the correct solution here and goes against basic ideas of freedom of speech.

Why are you posting here Hadlock lol. :hadlock:

StashAugustine posted:

Ugh I feel awful today, constantly feel like I'm short of breath and dead tired. Probably a combination of poor sleep, too much caffeine, and a hosed up nose but it's still miserable. At least I'm keeping relatively calm about it but this kind of feeling isn't helping with anxiety in general

Are you tired often? Have you done a sleep study/checked for sleep apnea?

802.11weed posted:

Unfortunately I can't give people hugs through the app.

America Inc. has issued a correction as of 05:44 on Nov 3, 2022

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

America Inc. posted:

Why are you posting here Hadlock lol

it's one of the stickied threads in cspam :shrug: they locked an important thread where do I go to protest

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Tell me about your mother...

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hadlock posted:

It'll be back soon sweetie.;-*

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Hadlock posted:

it's one of the stickied threads in cspam :shrug: they locked an important thread where do I go to protest

Is there still a goon BC2 server?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

alas, no

getting an ancient version punkbuster and that game to agree on not booting you off a server on a modern windows 10 install is really difficult, haven't been able to successfully play an online match in year or more

at some point we'll do a reunion server

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Okay. Real attempt to stop drinking this week. I'm tired of the hangovers and feeling like poo poo all day. I need real sleep.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

America Inc. posted:

Are you tired often? Have you done a sleep study/checked for sleep apnea?

Yes and no, though in the latter case I suspect that going from college student to second shift has just made it so I've never really had a solid sleep schedule, plus I've always found it hard to relax before bed

E: I've also been having sinus issues and sometime find it hard to breathe through my nose, and I've got an appointment to get that checked out soon

Crazypoops posted:

Okay. Real attempt to stop drinking this week. I'm tired of the hangovers and feeling like poo poo all day. I need real sleep.

I would say that if you're just worried about sleep and not about drinking problems as a whole, quitting on work nights was super helpful for me and way easier than cold turkey. Don't mean to talk you down if it's a change you need to make though

StashAugustine has issued a correction as of 17:53 on Nov 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Uganda Loves Me posted:

when someone tells me I have given them permanent trauma, I tend to believe them