Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
A gross part I remembered just now is when it's the future and Francine, desperate to hold on to any semblance of youth, has to hot glue the flesh back onto her face.

I love how vastly different they all are every time they go into the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Cobalt blue with gold trim. Sick.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

AmDad Abridged?

https://youtu.be/clVGo21wY0I

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Huh, I just learned that Debesai Ghierghis Ogbazghi -- the Eritrean soccer player Roger bonds with the other family with in Family Affair -- is real. I had always assumed he was real but 1) there is no mention of him in the American Dad fandom wiki, 2) I had no idea how to spell his name so I couldn't Google him, and 3) it didn't occur to me to Google "american dad eritrean soccer" for a very long time.

Anyway, Family Affair is such a great episode -- one of the episodes where the A- and B-plots are both 10/10. :allears:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

YeahTubaMike posted:

Huh, I just learned that Debesai Ghierghis Ogbazghi

Debesai Ghierghis Ogbazghi's legacy is that when you Google "Debesai Ghierghis Ogbazghi", you get images from that American Dad scene and (as far as I can tell) zero actual photos of the man himself.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
That's probably a good thing, considering how many Eritrean soccer players used the sport to defect. Knowing almost nothing about him aside from his name seems like it's for the best, for his sake.

quote:

Since 2009 [the year Family Affair aired] it is estimated that more than 50 players have used their status as international footballers to escape the oppressive regime of the Eritrean president Isaias Afwerki, which imposes lifetime military service on many subjects and bans groups of more than two people congregating in public places. A recent report by the Norwegian Refugee Council outlined concerns that asylum seekers in Uganda often face long delays in their applications given the fact that more than 1.7 million refugees were expected in the country this year.

:stare:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
David ortiz is not real though

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Y’all saying Texas isn’t real?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Y’all saying Texas isn’t real?

Oh Texas isn't real?! Then why do I have all this turkey underneath my fingernails?! :argh:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Does this song ever play or even reference that song what a man by salt n peppa

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

What a Stan

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Show bad

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Are you doing this bit in every tv thread?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

We disagree.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

That was a lot of fun to sing, but unfortunately you're on trial for insurance fraud which you definitely did.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiA4zh-ZcsI

Bob Odenkirk voiced "You are my QUEEN, Rebecca!" guy??!?! If so, was an amazing line delivery that sounds very little like his real voice.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That might be my favorite one off character and that's saying a lot. I love to say "those pizza bagels are my life" all the time.

Also, what song is playing when Josay Bosay gives stan his rod stewart haircut in the comb over episode

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Marcus is another bird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's episode is now up on Hulu.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I love the different intro they came up with.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Holy poo poo, this is now one of my favorite episodes of all time. That was a Hell of a second-act twist when Mr. Javitz came back. This is another great entry into the American Dad horror collection.

Also, I would absolutely watch a full documentary about a weird dead mall. That film crew at the beginning was wrong to switch to Monster Trucks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There are several dead mall YouTubers, it's a thing

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Excellent episode.

Klaus's food truck names were great.

Just a look into your glowing red eyes.

Tuttle? He was a loving ghost!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Also, I would absolutely watch a full documentary about a weird dead mall. That film crew at the beginning was wrong to switch to Monster Trucks.

Your wish is granted! This episode is directly spoofing a dying (dead) mall documentary called Jasper Mall. It's as depressing as you'd imagine.

Roger's character (on the right of course). He's Australian but spent the last several years in Alabama so his accent is all over the place. I was really hoping Roger would take a crack at it.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 1, 2022

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ChesterJT posted:

Your wish is granted! This episode is directly spoofing a dying (dead) mall documentary called Jasper Mall. It's as depressing as you'd imagine.

Roger's character (on the right of course). He's Australian but spent the last several years in Alabama so his accent is all over the place. I was really hoping Roger would take a crack at it.

Holy poo poo, thank you. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ChesterJT posted:

This explains so much about the episode, tyvm. I enjoyed it already but I'm gonna have to watch it again now.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

This show is so good about finding weird people that actually exist that Roger can play.

You can tell the writers had a good time with business names this episode. When I zaw Zoot Suit Buy It I'll admit I said another "Buy It!" to myself.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Tuttle, you are a ghost and never told us? I thought we were all friends?!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ChesterJT posted:

This just makes the episode funnier that such a bizarre American Dad scenario exists in real life.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I wish I had Hulu. :smith:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
The "You Are Here" song was inspired holy lol

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Chris Knight posted:

The "You Are Here" song was inspired holy lol

I liked rhyming "them all" with "the mall".
Feed them all. Save the mall!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

TheFattestPat posted:

Tuttle, you are a ghost and never told us? I thought we were all friends?!

I assume all the people that know that he saw the mafia hits weren't actually dead so he's dead now. Or we're going to ignore that joke and keep rolling.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tuttle being a ghost is unrelated to all of the mall stuff, and he never actually died he was just born a ghost.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Tuttle being a ghost is unrelated to all of the mall stuff, and he never actually died he was just born a ghost.

"Oh, yeah! It's true! My real name's Casper!"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
American Dad is, and has always been, so good at using music to set scenes. :allears:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's still so weird to me that out of all the long running animated sitcoms, American Dad has easily become the best one. I never would've seen that coming when this premiered.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wrong thread 😅

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 2, 2022

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Nichael posted:

It's still so weird to me that out of all the long running animated sitcoms, American Dad has easily become the best one. I never would've seen that coming when this premiered.

I always loved American Dad more than any of the other animated sitcoms -- I was even a weirdo who didn't need to warm up to it, I liked it from the first episode -- but I definitely never expected it to basically stand alone at the top like Old Stan on the Mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I mean, Bob's Burgers is still trucking along at the same high quality so it's not totally alone.