Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

the rare Chen miss

chen has to feign weakness of occasion, otherwise no one would dare engage him in posting combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
What?! I hope Bernie get another shot at primary!

It's not a Chen miss from my kinsman!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Truga posted:

ehh, not really. bernie would still be miles to the left of any previous US president lmao

the 2020 dem primary ratfucking made it 100% clear that bernie will never be elected president under the current system. the rules will be changed as however is necessary to prevent it

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

The goal of Bernie wasn't to shut down imperialism lol you need to destroy Amerika for that. People just wanted health insurance

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

the 2020 dem primary ratfucking made it 100% clear that bernie will never be elected president under the current system. the rules will be changed as however is necessary to prevent it

if by some chance he was allowed to win he wouldn't last long assuming he wasent assassinated he would be impeached or completely rendered useless by 100% bi-partisan support

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

my hope in campaigning for him was that the inevitable ratfucking would make it clear to more people that we don't actually have a functional democracy but dem primary voters didn't care at all and largely thought it was good

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

SorePotato posted:

The goal of Bernie wasn't to shut down imperialism lol you need to destroy Amerika for that. People just wanted health insurance

turns out you have to destroy america for UHC too

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the bitcoin of weed posted:

my hope in campaigning for him was that the inevitable ratfucking would make it clear to more people that we don't actually have a functional democracy but dem primary voters didn't care at all and largely thought it was good

dem primary voters believed the media when the news told them that the primary was over and biden had won before super tuesday

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Southpaugh posted:

he'd get shot in the head before he was allowed to shut down the imperialism engine president bernie was only ever a pleasant fantasy, the west wing for western left liberals

Chen would be a western left liberal if he was American

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Bernie is a useless piece of poo poo that couldn't even deal with a rigged election and you expect him to actually do something as a president?

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1484186274663739393

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

thanks for letting us know that the funny Twitter man has bad politics

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

stop ruining chen for me

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Communists giving socdems the benefit of the doubt is a reoccurring issue for the left, going back a century.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

This time it will be different.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Ah poo poo if I had known Bernie was always going to get ratfucked or assassinated or whatever I would've just done a communist revolution instead of giving him 27 dollars

Bernie was fine whatever that ship has sailed but it's not like we had anything else going on lmao. The most valuable lesson he left us with is that we barely exist.

Chen is just making an observation as an outsider that Bernie seems like the only American politician who might actually be a human.

DiscountDildos has issued a correction as of 22:22 on Nov 1, 2022

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why wouldn't Chen appreciate social democrats in the United States.

They can't do worse than the status quo.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Chen means well but he's from an actual country so he can't see things the same way as us

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
some people on the left think noam chomsky has gone soft or whatever, but i've seen comments underneath his articles translated to chinese that say "the americans would do well to listen to his reasonable view, but they won't."

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 23:37 on Nov 1, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the CPC is actually the biggest subcriber to the taibbi substack

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

DiscountDildos posted:

Ah poo poo if I had known Bernie was always going to get ratfucked or assassinated or whatever I would've just done a communist revolution instead of giving him 27 dollars

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Maximo Roboto posted:

Chen would be a western left liberal if he was American

Chens right, Bernie would give america an off ramp from from its future as a fallen empire, american capitalism would have the opportunity to limp on for another 50 years if the system produced any meaningful change. Universal healthcare, education improvements, expansion of the welfare state and rebuilding the american job market. These are all things capitalists could do tomorrow improve the livelihoods of americans . Essentially, establish come kind of social contract. But that means giving labour and the unions a say again and thats never going to happen.

As it stands Chen can make these kinds of comments and still be correct. Doesn't mean he naively thinks bernie could wave a magic wand and fix things.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You don't really believe that do you?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm trying to find more information on how Xi didn't retire due to the seven up, eight down policy but it's impossible to find an English article that talks about China without it being a completely dogshit analysis on how Xi is destroying the country.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
You idiots. Bernie is the most evil capitalist of them all. That is why he is trying so hard to save it

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Lostconfused posted:

You don't really believe that do you?

its an alternate universe scenario buddy.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

As it stands america is going to thrash painfully in its death throes, and the people who will be in pain are the international proletariat, same as ever.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

Southpaugh posted:

As it stands america is going to thrash painfully in its death throes, and the people who will be in pain are the international proletariat, same as ever.

Ok, but will we still at least get to watch more Marvel movies?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

yes but you'll be donating plasma in your cinema chair

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
DEM motherfuckers made me register as Democrat in order to vote for Bernie in the primary, didn't even get to vote for him one time and he threw in the towel.

I hope motherfuckers lost both houses and Trump get his Twitter back making GBS threads on Biden 247.

Also I heard that hyperloop fuckface is going to fire half of the Twitter stuff. No more handholding. Sure why not.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 23:27 on Nov 1, 2022

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Bernie couldn't beat one senile old rapist in his party, let alone all the other ones in US if he ever became President.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

i say swears online posted:

the CPC is actually the biggest subcriber to the taibbi substack

Taibbi was making GBS threads on Bernie during the primaries and said he should return all the donations if he was going to betray all of them like that and not fight.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

iCe-CuBe. posted:

You idiots. Bernie is the most evil capitalist of them all. That is why he is trying so hard to save it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Chen Weihua really said "bernie sanders ftw"

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Bernie Sanders, who lies and slanders, and never gets anything done.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Bernie Sanders was my best bet of not having healthcare companies charge me second rent every month for the rest of my life. Libs took that away; guess I have no choice but to commit to the destruction of the USA.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Truga posted:

ehh, not really. bernie would still be miles to the left of any previous US president lmao

domestically

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

OhFunny posted:

Some developments in and around the Caucasus.

Iran’s military starts “massive” drills on Azerbaijani border.

Iran launched military drills along its border with Azerbaijan a week and a half ago. Which included practicing pontoon crossings of the Aras River that marks the border between the two nations. This is the first time they practiced such an operation.

Iran also sent its foreign minister to attend the opening of an Iranian consulate in the Armenian province of Syunik. The province that Azerbaijan wants its Zanzegur transport corridor to run through.

Two days after that. A member of Azerbaijan's parliament said the country is planning to open an embassy in Israel.

President Putin hosted Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Aliyev yesterday for talks. Iran's FM called his Turkish counterpart the same day to discuss the situation in the Caucasus. No major developments announced.

Pashinyan is in Tehran today to speak with President Raisi.

Iran appears concerned about the uptick in articles from media outlets in Azerbaijan encouraging separatism in their ethic Azerbaijani provinces, the threat they may lose their transport routes and economic link to Armenia and to Russia, and the presence of EU monitors.

Azerbaijan is Iran

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Southpaugh posted:

Chens right, Bernie would give america an off ramp from from its future as a fallen empire, american capitalism would have the opportunity to limp on for another 50 years if the system produced any meaningful change. Universal healthcare, education improvements, expansion of the welfare state and rebuilding the american job market. These are all things capitalists could do tomorrow improve the livelihoods of americans . Essentially, establish come kind of social contract. But that means giving labour and the unions a say again and thats never going to happen.

As it stands Chen can make these kinds of comments and still be correct. Doesn't mean he naively thinks bernie could wave a magic wand and fix things.

Social democrats are hitlerite scum

Prolonging the American system with UHC is a crime against humanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Chen means well but he's from an actual country so he can't see things the same way as us

yeah if your government functions at all Bernie looks like a good candidate

chen saying Bernie is a social imperialist would be funny but it wouldn't do anything, at least supporting him might encourage Bernie liberals to be more sympathetic to China (ok, probably not)