Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Started up a game as America after playing China for a long time, and it's weird to not just be able to throw millions of people at your problems to make them go away. At some point I want to try an opener where I puppet Mexico, but I think France/Spain is very likely to jump in on their side, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

If half of my country and army revolts to preserve the monarchy, when I crush the revolt, I should crush the Monarchy without having to let the treasonous shits have a vote. :colbert:

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Tomn posted:

Aside, after finishing a game as Sardinia->Italy, I started one up as Lanfang and they're honestly kind of fascinating. They're tiny and have gently caress-all for population, but they have a number of powerful advantages:

- They have a lot of very good laws already passed or just about ready to pass, with the power of the landlords pre-broken and yourself free to aim anywhere you please.

- They begin as a tributary of the Qing, which does mean you pay out a percentage of your income as tribute but which more importantly means you have access to the fuckhuge market of China.

- They're actually lead by the Hakka, which shares enough cultural traits with Han Chinese (not to mention China's own Hakka population) that if you allow migration you can get a steady stream of Chinese immigrants from the customs union with Qing to make up for your lack of population, as long as you can improve your SOL enough to make it attractive.

- They start with access to a gold field that they can use to boost up SOL early, what a coincidence.

Combine all this with aggression against the microstates of Indonesia and colonization of the Celebes and you can form the basis of a thriving, advanced multicultural republic in Indonesia as long as you can keep the Dutch off your back. It's still somewhat slow going at first because from an objective perspective you're still dirt poor and have trouble affording things like construction sectors or government administration, but there's a lot of a potential still.

I also tried them out, they're pretty cool although there's a couple of drawbacks compared to starting as one of the other Bruneian tags - they don't share a primary culture with the islanders, so coring takes 20 years (idk if this can be sped up?), and your trade with the Qing is totally reliant on shipping, so if they get blockaded during a war your economy tanks for a while.

You're right, though, they're a fun tag. I'm not sure if a tall playthrough just in Brunei would be super viable, pop starts out really low but the island does have everything you need.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

u can also call qing in to every single war in the very first phase of the play, which makes them technically war leader and ensures no one will ever join the enemy. you then dotn even have to mobilise as qing troops will do everything for you. would highly recommend.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Anime Store Adventure posted:

If half of my country and army revolts to preserve the monarchy, when I crush the revolt, I should crush the Monarchy without having to let the treasonous shits have a vote. :colbert:

It does send them down to 0 support. I suppose it gives you more choice.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
project feed the world is running into a major problem
in that half of the economies i puppet self destruct horribly resulting in abject poverty
oh well i had good intentions nobody can fault me for this

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Red Bones posted:

You're right, though, they're a fun tag. I'm not sure if a tall playthrough just in Brunei would be super viable, pop starts out really low but the island does have everything you need.

as long as you can pull immigrants from china it's probably fine. raise your standard of living and turn off migration controls and people will probably come flooding in as things get worse and worse in china by comparison. midgame pop growth is all about immigration for every nation, pulling from a market like qing's is ideal

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

:toot:

This was pretty fun. The shogunate was a massive boot on the neck of basically everything but especially education and healthcare, which was a pisser. Even once we modernised it was slow going until the army decided they were communist. After a very funny two years where the industrialists voted to have themselves expropriated because their leader was a republican (feeling like a leader's preferences should maybe only modify, not overwrite, an IG's natural endorsements? especially if it's neutral?), everything got turned into a worker's collective and every number started going UP UP UP BABY YEAH.

Definitely the most satisfying experience of going communist I've ever had in a paradox game. Watching the lower class's lives massively improve over the course of a generation as the bourgeois bleed away to nothing. Beautiful. :unsmigghh:

But I did a lot of war in this game, and let me tell you, I hate the war system more with every minute I spend with it. There was a lot of chat prior to release on this and whether it was a good idea, most of it centred on whether unit micro was boring or if liking it constituted some sort of moral failing. All of that now seems like a misdirection from the much more pressing question of whether the system functions at all. It is a mess. It's like an intensification of everything that's wrong with HOI4's fronts (and don't get me wrong, I'm actually a lot more positive on fronts than most of the people in the HOI4 thread)- more bugs, more edge cases, more and worse failures when it encounters anything other than the simplest and most trivial of use cases- and without the ability to go in and manually fix things when it goes wrong.

Letting your troops knock over some native country on full auto while you focus on something else is great. Anything more complicated than that is a nightmare. Solid, working fronts splintering into two or three distinct pieces because they formed a pocket, or made contact with some other enemy country's border. That's familiar HOI behaviour, but at least there it had the decency to concatenate fronts by alliance (...once you're at war...). Best hope your army is divided up between enough generals (because it's really great to hit assign to front five separate times, rather than once), because if they're all under one guy, whoops, no way to split them between those new fronts. And even if it is, how they divide themselves between the new fronts seems largely random. Here three hundred brigades have decided to surround three conscripted farmers, while the bulk of their army gets to attack the flank, unopposed. And you better hope none of the armies have decided to go home, because if they have reassigning them means they need to travel all the way from their HQ all over again. Sometimes- I believe this is a known issue with the player being involved in multiple wars- every guy you've got will desert the front and teleport home, just on a lark.

Some of this seems like a bug, and some of it seems like it could be fixed with a couple of small tweaks to the core concept, but sometimes I get an issue where I'm not even sure what the correct behaviour would be. So, like, here's an example from an Egypt -> Arabia game I played earlier. I'd spent most of the early game puppeting the Arabian minors, on the (correct) assumption that this would let me hit the unification button and auto-annex the lot when I unlocked the correct tech. It was a good strategy and I was feeling pretty good about it when the Turks came knocking for the third or fourth time. We have the usual front in the Levant, and now one in Mesopotamia. That Mesopotamian front doesn't go so hot- it's manned entirely by my vassals' peasant levies- so they start pushing south from Basra. That's fine- I quickly managed a breakthrough on the Levantine and set an army to chase them from the north. This gets sort of silly when the ai doesn't reassign any troops from that southern thrust to defend against this advance- we run south unopposed and eventually the two fronts meet somewhere in the sands of Badiyat Ash-Sham. Whereupon, the northern front goes and... collapses the pocket without a fight. Because, you see, the fronts had touched, but not merged- one was Najd-Turkey, the other was Egypt-Turkey. And because, see, armies don't occupy space, they only exist along fronts- so when that Egyptian army went to advance, it got to advance as if there were no troops there. Working as designed, but what the gently caress is this design?

Then we have issues with advances, and I don't just mean the way that you can have a massive numerical advantage on the front and be outnumbered in every engagement. No, I mean the fact that every front can only have one battle at a time, and that province captures don't- as far as I can tell, because the system is opaque as all hell and that's another issue- scale with the length/size of a front. Want to double your advance speed in a war you're definitely winning? Open a second front. And I mean, take the same number of troops on both sides, divided them in the same proportions between two separate fronts and you will get twice as much movement, because twice as many battles will be happening in the same amount of time. Or hey, are you having trouble with naval landings? Here's a neat trick: take that army, split it into five armies each one fifth of the size, and launch five separate simultaneous naval invasions, all in same region, and despite the fact that it's the same number of attackers fighting the same size garrison you'll get much better force ratios in the landing battles, for... some reason. The game has not eliminated micro, it's just made it weird and obscure.

gently caress me, I just remembered the time I was fighting France as Italy and when they attacked they got to fight me on the plains of Savoy, rather than, y'know, in the loving Alps where the front and two hundred angry Italians very definitely were. I can't even keep track of all the problems with the war system. I feel like I need to be taking notes just so I can vent properly. And it's not like it's rare- every war, every single war, something goes wrong. There is always something.

But hey tip for you guys: if you want to do a colonialism in a place that's mostly unrecognised rather than decentralised polities then the most infamy-efficient way to do it is Make Puppet -> Annex Subject. Make Puppet is like a half to a third of the cost of conquering outright and Annex Subject is almost free.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Wheat is 55% below base price and you guys have the gall to suffer a famine??? :argh:

Wait where did the 800k unemployed come from. Time to turn off a bunch of labor saving methods and see what happens.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I feel as though textile factories need a buff to production of regular clothes. I am the #1 producer worldwide and only the 6th in population but I am always at an obscene shortage of clothes. They arent even producing luxury clothes, well a tiny tiny portion are the rest are pure regular clothes only. I am at 12.8k in sell orders with 21k in buy orders. I do have a large population, but in every other game I've played the clothes thing has always been an issue. I dont think I've ever been close to even in the balance.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Clothes is an issue for everyone, mostly because the method to multiply it is dye which is hell even if you actually control a good amount of it.

Electricity isn't much better once you get that rolling. Otherwise it's usually the secondary goods having an unhelpful ratio.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
What's the deal with those colonial claims events? You take infamy or cede claims/territory to another colonial power. Are these the result of some diplomatic play, or is it just RNG?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Part of the problem must be people getting richer and have more money to constantly buy new clothes. Congratulations, you invented fast fashion a century earlier.

I get the feeling they didn't test the latter half of the game much, if at all. If you don't own any oil all of the tech tree that relies on oil is basically useless. Even V2 wasn't so bad.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
My Lanfang game has been mostly smooth. I do think something really needs to be done to make being part of a market and then losing access not suck so much. Like yeah blockades should hurt your country, but it really sucks when it is happening to the market leader because you can do absolutely nothing about it. Can't join their war to help them out, very rarely can you swap markets, if you are a protectorate you can't do anything at all because you can't declare war. Just 0% market access, all your states are isolated, your economy isn't allowed to run at all. It just destroys any fun in the game when it happens.

I'm in the 20's now and the world is on fire thanks to the American Flu, and fighting against it is destroying my economy.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I think hydro plants and other power plants should be totally separate buildings. Coal plants would count as an industry and can be built anywhere, while hydro would be a resource like iron or lumber since it's very terrain-dependent. The switch to coal was mostly because all the good hydro sources got dammed up. It would add more state interest too. Make them big projects that produce tons of power for cheap but also potentially gently caress up farming due to water supply issues for a few years while their reservoirs fill up.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i dont think the ai invests at all in their construction capability

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

eXXon posted:

Part of the problem must be people getting richer and have more money to constantly buy new clothes. Congratulations, you invented fast fashion a century earlier.

I get the feeling they didn't test the latter half of the game much, if at all. If you don't own any oil all of the tech tree that relies on oil is basically useless. Even V2 wasn't so bad.

My first game I kept looking up and down the tech tree for synthetic oil, only to realize that was a HoI4 tech.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

going communist as china was actually... a mistake. the sheer amount of dividends being put into the investment fund was enough to fund all of my construction. truly i live in terror now of john galt.

e: whats really wrecking my econ is the eight million im sinking into welfare. i should probably figure out where that is all going.
e2: its going to the capitalists

Victoria 3: A economic system which Ayn Rand would be proud of

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tiler Kiwi posted:

going communist as china was actually... a mistake. the sheer amount of dividends being put into the investment fund was enough to fund all of my construction. truly i live in terror now of john galt.

e: whats really wrecking my econ is the eight million im sinking into welfare. i should probably figure out where that is all going.
e2: its going to the capitalists

well yeah, all the landowners and capitalists are now unemployed

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Tiler Kiwi posted:

im literally just slamming down 1000 farms at a time, i dont even care what people want anymore

e: exporting telephones to every single nation on the planet because i have 100000 convoys that need to do something so they stop eating welfare

e2: things are breaking a little bit, just 16 years left i can do this

Is 5000 construction even enough to keep pace with population growth? In my china game, I had like 8000 at the end (read 1900, when my computer started emitting smoke), and every state *still* had so many people that all the arable land was used up and there were a quarter of a million and growing unemployed. Was hell on my welfare system.

Also, aside, but command economy seems to be pretty much always a terrible move right now, since the profits from factories go to bureaucrats if government-run or workers if a co-op, but all losses from factories are fully subsidised. I guess theoretically it could work if all your factories had equal slightly-higher-than-breaking-even profitability, but the way it is now, the hugely profitable factories bring up the average wage, making the moderately profitable factories deeply unprofitable from the high wages they have to pay. And you can't even pay for the high wages from profits, because you don't get them. A strange choice for command economy to prioritise higher wages over higher reinvestment in the economy, since that's precisely the opposite of what happened historically, at least until the Khrushchev era.

Roll of Quarters
Jan 7, 2012

Dirk the Average posted:

Started up a game as America after playing China for a long time, and it's weird to not just be able to throw millions of people at your problems to make them go away. At some point I want to try an opener where I puppet Mexico, but I think France/Spain is very likely to jump in on their side, unfortunately.

I tried to have puppet Mexico as my primary war goal with annexing the western states as secondary so I wouldn't have to threaten for a state every 5 years, and Mexico just agreed to be a puppet with no fighting at all.

Then I annexed them without any fighting either. I really just want a normal Mexican American war at the start of the game to make pretty boarders, but its either 1 state at a time or all of Mexico at once. I wonder if a higher difficulty will have Mexico actually fight you.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

What's the deal with those colonial claims events? You take infamy or cede claims/territory to another colonial power. Are these the result of some diplomatic play, or is it just RNG?

I have a bit of togo, britian has the other half and I got so sick of this happening every 90 days I finally was gently caress it, you can have a claim on it but they never took it (via war I guess) and I still keep getting that claim event. Since like 1880 or something.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

This is such a curb stomping that one has to almost feel sorry for the Russians.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

mst4k posted:

I have a bit of togo, britian has the other half and I got so sick of this happening every 90 days I finally was gently caress it, you can have a claim on it but they never took it (via war I guess) and I still keep getting that claim event. Since like 1880 or something.

I've been getting the follow up events constantly where they demand the territory or you take more infamy. I've been at ~200 Infamy for three decades now without fighting any offensive wars or engaging in any new colonialism, it's all just these events. Dismantling Austria, Britain, and the NGF when they tried to cut me down to size was fun, except my infamy is so high all of the new states I created hate me too and I can't add them to my market/protectorate them.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

well yeah, all the landowners and capitalists are now unemployed

have they tried creating themselves a job

e-dt posted:

Is 5000 construction even enough to keep pace with population growth? In my china game, I had like 8000 at the end (read 1900, when my computer started emitting smoke), and every state *still* had so many people that all the arable land was used up and there were a quarter of a million and growing unemployed. Was hell on my welfare system.

ive upgraded it to the last tier so its now 10k and filling out the queue caused unbearable lag

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 1, 2022

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

have they tried creating themselves a job

Wage subsidies/social security scale with pop strata, right? So unemployed Upper Strata in socialist/communist states with high social benefits are basically just rentiers with shares of the state. Or am I wrong about benefit scaling? Pretty funny if the state is just subsidizing their luxurious lifestyles but icing them out of politics.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

this game is majorly chugging toward the end date lol. like nigh unplayable for me around WW2. otherwise this is a rare paradox release where i can see myself playing til the end date regularly

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

DurosKlav posted:

This is such a curb stomping that one has to almost feel sorry for the Russians.

This is just basically how the first month of WWI went down historically. Except not quite as many casualties. Look up the Battle of Tannenberg for details!

Anyway, I saw this tweet earlier:

https://twitter.com/rammy_c8/status/1586884667009105921

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i hit 6 billion gbp with six years left
it could probably go higher if the ai developed its resources. its not just rubber - its extremely lackadaisical about building up other resources regardless of market demand. i think it might partially be due to bad development allocation, but also they might just be poor since the ai is not great at shaking off the landlord estates that eat all a states funding.

e: other than that the econ simulator still manages to hold together, just occasionally you see a nation explode in cataclysmic fire after i puppet it but thats kind of what would happen i guess when some ultra huge economy tethers itself to you. bad news if the aliens ever do come and invade us, we'd all be out of a job.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 2, 2022

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Seeing the borders in North America and violently shidding and farding and puking

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

Seeing the borders in North America and violently shidding and farding and puking

Yet to have a game where it doesn't look like that :negative:

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Why don't the trade unions support council republic? How am I supposed to pass that law?

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I've finally finished my first game after lots of restarts and a bunch of hours /played. A few tips I've picked up:

Water is a super-powerful defensive measure. You only share a front with the enemy if you directly border them. Otherwise they can only fight by sea landing, which forces them to fight every troop garrisoned/idle in that region at heavy penalty to the landing force (you can't send troops from outside the region to defend as there is no "front" yet). If you have enough troops to prevent a landing you are invincible to anybody not next to you, allowing you to fight coalitions much easier. As an example I invaded an African country and had a big chunk of Europe intervene, way more than I could fight openly, but they could never get past my beaches.

Fertilizer is a really powerful lever. As an example, a wheat farm with grapes active and no fertilizer produces grain/wine at a 1:1 ratio so you can easily make enough wine this way. If you spread out your wheat farms you can toggle their fertilizer levels to massage the ratio of each you produce to suit your market. Same for fruit+sugar, and also meat as you only make fertilizer if you toggle it on.

Don't be too tempted by the productivity bonus for stacking buildings. It's nice, but you'll want to spread out industry to spread out the prosperity, use up bureaucracy/infrastructure, and allow for flexibility in toggling productions modes/employment. Toggling is so important not to have annoying ratio problems tanking industries from one of the outputs being worthless.

Early game you will have enough arable land for everyone to be employed or peasants. Later on you will have unemployed and will probably need welfare. When this happens you can probably just enable welfare and up your taxes 1 notch to cancel out the cost.

Build up your farms, especially any exotic ones. They build really fast and if you configure them right they take no inputs so they're just free money as long as you have a market for their goods. Also, luxuries create their own need. The more luxuries you make and sell to your people the more luxuries your people will want because the goods get cheaper, they are richer, and because they get addicted. So pump out that coffee and tea and wine and whatever else whenever you can.

If you need people to be happy play whackamole with your staples. If you need money fast then play whackamole with any goods that government uses. If you want GDP then whackamole luxuries. If you're not hurting for money you can ignore government goods are expensive notices as it just impacts your money. Keeping staples down keeps everyone happy so pay attention to those.

Trade is super unreliable for anything rare/regional. You'll want to secure industrial goods yourself whenever you can. Iron, coal, sulfur, oil. You need all that poo poo and people won't have it for trade when you need it. Feel free to put export tariffs on stuff to keep it inside your nation too if you find yourself always short. (for Belgium rushing colonialism and grabbing some sulfur in Africa ASAP is great)

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Finished my first play through, New Granada into Gran Colombia:

I went full multicultural, open borders, free religion. I never turned on a single automation process, I just let my massive population of well paid, educated migrant workers haul coal and chop wood. Because of the massive political power of the laborers and machinists the Communist and Social Democratic parties ran the government for like 60+ years. Max welfare, max social security, max education, but also max policing.

BUT I left the economy at interventionist and let the capitalists own all the buildings. Infinite investment pool meant I never paid for buildings even running a gigantic construction sector. So basically a neo-liberal utopia? It... sort of worked? Everyone was economically well off but the upper class were full of radicals because they had no political power, but the police kept it from mattering I guess? Basically don't eat the rich, just turn them all into accountants and technocrats.

Now I'm trying a Sweden run and already missing all the resources that South America has. Who willingly lives in this shithole? :v:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Family Values posted:

BUT I left the economy at interventionist and let the capitalists own all the buildings. Infinite investment pool meant I never paid for buildings even running a gigantic construction sector. So basically a neo-liberal utopia? It... sort of worked? Everyone was economically well off but the upper class were full of radicals because they had no political power, but the police kept it from mattering I guess? Basically don't eat the rich, just turn them all into accountants and technocrats.

So, modern China?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
I like the idea of the front system but it should really give the player more control. I had a war that should have been easy take four years, because I set the literally one tile of New Mexico that the US colonized as a war goal but my generals decided to beeline for Iowa for some reason so their war capacity was frozen at 0.

Related, the gold reserves modifier to accepting peace is much too big. I've had the AI at -90 war capacity still saying it would refuse a white peace because it had money, or AI sitting in stalemated wars with each other for a decade with nothing happening.

(and the AI would probably grow its economy faster if it didn't insist on keeping maximum gold reserves)

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

If I'm some salt of the earth peasant, how on Earth do I suddenly become a machinist, capitalist, academic etc just because someone built a tool factory in my area?

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Beefeater1980 posted:

So what do we all think are the iconic events of the game period? Off the top of my head (which is going to be Anglo / Sino - centric):

- opium war

- “Hungry 40s” potato failure leading to…

- Irish famine (and subsequent famines, Wikipedia lists 25 in the century)

- Anglo-Afghan war 1

- Springtime of Nations (leading to unifications of Italy and Germany)

- Great exhibition

- Tanzimat in Ottoman Empire

- Taiping rebellion

- Crimean war

- Mexican-American war

- Opening of Japan

- Start of urbanisation programs (eg Haussman’s rebuilding of Paris)

- Indian Rebellion and dissolution of EIC

- US Civil War

- bankruptcy and decline of Ottoman Empire

- War of the triple alliance

- Franco-Prussian War

- Congress of Berlin & scramble for Africa

- Atrocities eg Congo genocide

- “Great Game” in Central Asia, Anglo-Afghan war II

- self-strengthening movement in China and eventual sino-Japanese war

- Russo-Japanese war

- Spanish-American War

- Boxer rebellion

- Boer war

- Russian Revolution 1

- collapse of China into warlordism

- WW1

- Russian Revolution 2, this time it works

1848?

In my mind though, forcing events is a failure of the game. The systems shouldn't have hardcoded outcomes.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Kraftwerk posted:

If I'm some salt of the earth peasant, how on Earth do I suddenly become a machinist, capitalist, academic etc just because someone built a tool factory in my area?

There's actually a pool of "qualifications" in each region, and if there's not enough a factory won't be able to hire even if there are enough bodies. Not sure exactly how it works but I think literacy, education access and universities all play a role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

fuf posted:

Why don't the trade unions support council republic? How am I supposed to pass that law?

The standard interest groups won't prefer something as extreme as that, you need a vanguardist leader for the group and then they will support it